Old 2006-04-18, 10:50   Link #1
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Cool World Embryo

Manga-ka: Daisuke Moriyama
Serialization: YOUNG KING OURS

Synopsis
Quote:
In this world a cell phone can bring forth possesion but who holds them? and just how do you stop them?
This is Moriyama-san newest manga title currently working on it as of 2005.

Individual chapters are released every month, and as of April 2006 the first volume has already come out in Japan.

I'm pretty much attracted to start this title, because of Moriyama's prior work, Chrno Crusade, captivated me with its embellishing art and paced storyline.

Maximum7 is currently scanlating the manga in English, and they already have released the ten chapters that make the first volume.

For those who have already started this manga, anyone could be kind to tell what's the story about?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 12:43   Link #2
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Riku recieves a message from a childhood friend. The problem is, she supposedly died three years ago. He returns to a place dear to his memories only to find another childhood friend, a child. and a world of lies.
Lurking in the shadows of Riku's world are the Kanshu - creatures that are able to move through electronic signals and steal people's memories before ultimately devouring them. The NEFT - a world class tech corporation - is secretly fighting against this menace with the use of individuals who wield Jinki which are the only effective weapons against Kanshu.
Riku begins to realize that some of the mysteries concerning the Kanshu might be related to the child he discovers, NEFT, and a killer named Takao. So far, he's trying to figure out his role in all this.

EDIT: It was too long-winded and uninteresting.

Last edited by fict_ticious; 2006-08-20 at 23:22.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 12:47   Link #3
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

EDIT: Gone.

Last edited by fict_ticious; 2006-10-09 at 17:20.
Old 2006-05-17, 09:57   Link #4
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Chapter 12 is out. Get it from the Maximum 7 homepage.
Old 2006-06-26, 23:11   Link #5
evil-samurai

I love! the manga, was going to start up a thread about it, but I found it. Wow! just wow, I read 13 chapters of it in one go.

The art is Amazing and the story is just as good, I was expecting that at some moment in it would just turn into crap, and I would be disapointed yet again, but each chapter is exciting and has some twist or more action. The characters are a strong point of the manga, At first you look at the main character in glasses you think boring.. but whoaa... things change quite a bit. And all of sub characters have there good oints as well.

After reading chapter 13, I just hope nothing happens to him.... it really would be a shame if they kill a interesting charater already. ( Its unlikey they will, but you neverknow ) I'm interested in the Jinki hunter and I dont think he will get defeated so early so it isn't looking good, Anywho... cant wait to see how it turns out =)

Thanks fict_ticious for the Interview information

I didn't expect, that he would be so pleased that people are scaning and translating the manga, but its nice to hear that he just enjoys that his manga is getting attention.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 23:55   Link #6
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Chapter 14 Summary

Summary for Chapter 14:
Spoiler:

Spoiler Images:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-14, 23:26   Link #7
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Summary for Chapter 15:
Spoiler:

Summary for Chapter 16:
Spoiler:

Last edited by fict_ticious; 2006-09-16 at 08:49.
Old 2006-10-09, 17:48   Link #8
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Look's like WE has been "licensed" by Tokyopop. Here's what Maximum7 posted in reagrds to this:
Quote:
Bad News for People That Like WE News
Posted By l2thez on Wednesday - October 4, 2006 @ 11:26 PM

We received an email from Tokyopop earlier this week that has asked us to stop scanning World Embryo. Apparently it's been licensed. sad

From today on M7 will no longer be scanlating World Embryo, the files have been taken off the website.

This will be the first and hopefully last title we have to drop...

~Flipster: As the head of M7 I regret to confirm this, but I'm sure they will do great work with this excellent title and that they've licensed it so early provides us with quick and speedy volume releases hopefully. They do great work and I look forward to seeing their product. I'm glad we could get people interested in the series! Now go out and pre-order the volumes! (when they become available)
Quote:
Asakura-kun - 05 Oct 2006 07:59 pm
Actually, they didn't really get the license for World Embryo. It seemed more like Tokyopop got the authority to discontinue the series from the Japanese Publisher

Anyway, we have to obey the rules and such so i'd also like, as a staff member and a big fan of both Moriyama-sensei and his work, to say my farewell to this awesome project and thank all the people who took place in helping out to make this project possible and one of our biggest hits to come to M7 so far. And last but not least, the fans who supported us with love for this series

Thank you all!
I wasn't really expecting it, to be honest, and I am not exactly a big fan of Tokyopop. But that's the breaks people. Going to have to wait a year or so to hear about this (at least, unless someone grabs a copy of YKO).
Old 2007-07-23, 14:44   Link #9
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Three months ago I got all the first twelve chapters, but for being so lazy I did not read them until yesterday at night.

I did encourage myself to root for this title for the plain reason that Daisuke Moriyama is the manga-ka. Thankfully, the story delivers and the characters are 3-D believable.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-09, 12:49   Link #10
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

I just read volume one and two and this is quite interesting. Chrno Crusade was amazing so I have a faith that Moryiama will make another great manga.
Spoiler:
So far I like how this manga is going.
Old 2007-08-10, 09:38   Link #11
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperlion View Post
I just read volume one and two and this is quite interesting. Chrno Crusade was amazing so I have a faith that Moryiama will make another great manga.
Spoiler:
So far I like how this manga is going.
I can't wait for this manga to be adapted into anime.
Old 2007-08-10, 17:26   Link #12
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I can't wait for this manga to be adapted into anime.
I hope so too, and this manga is licensed in the US so nobody is translating correct? If that's the I guess I have to keep reading in Korean.
Old 2007-12-07, 15:38   Link #13
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
This series is really good (amazing amount of development in just 2 manga!). I think it even has the potential to be better than CC.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 19:14   Link #14
herbert

I just came across this manga several days ago. I am currently in chapter 28, the story is really good. Only I need more Nene or the tune is too dark. I really like her way to turn a deadly tension to a funny scene.

Spoiler for chapter 26:
Old 2007-12-07, 19:45   Link #15
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

I am still waiting for volume 3. I really want to find out who was that girl at the end of the volume2. Oh and does anyone saw what was the 4koma for the volume3? Because the first two was really fuuny.
Old 2007-12-07, 20:26   Link #16
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

If an anime adaptation of this manga could become a reality in a near future, I have given thoughts about who could be the ideal seiyuu who could perform the characters' voices.

For Rena the seiyuu that would definitely suit her would be Shizuka Itō.
I have listened to her voice in the roles of Katsura Hinagiku and Lenali Lee, and in both roles she adds that depth of seriousness that would be ideal for Rena's tough personality.

Yohei is a tough bet for me, because I am uncertain which seiyuu's voice could go along well with his carefree personality. The first option that comes into my mind is Koyasu Takehito.

For Riku he's the archetypal boy with concerns and anxieties; the type whom at first glance will try to avoid picking upon any trouble, nonetheless, will make up for his shortcomings with his determination to make things right.
An unconventional choice that I picked up while having an epiphany was Noto Mamiko.
My other potential pick is Ryoko Shiraishi
Old 2007-12-07, 20:58   Link #17
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
For Riku he's the archetypal boy with concerns and anxieties; the type whom at first glance will try to avoid picking upon any trouble, nonetheless, will make up for his shortcomings with his determination to make things right.
An unconventional choice that I picked up while having an epiphany was Noto Mamiko.
My other potential pick is Ryoko Shiraishi

Personally i would pick Noriaki Sugiyama to be Riku. Riku reminds me of Shiro Emiya for some reasons.

I agree with who ever said this earlier that "Father! Mother! No fighting allowed!" was one of the best line ever.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 00:37   Link #18
ZODDGUTS

Is this manga even license? I remember in the last scan saying they won't do anymore scanlations for the series because Tokyopop ask them to but they haven't lincensed it. Maybe it was just a prank by some dude and the scanlation group believed it?
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 17:53   Link #19
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Is this manga even license? I remember in the last scan saying they won't do anymore scanlations for the series because Tokyopop ask them to but they haven't lincensed it. Maybe it was just a prank by some dude and the scanlation group believed it?
Doubtful; considering the post high above, it seems more like Tokyopop received more like the green light to issue C&D (cease & desist) letters from Shonen Gahosha to whoever tries to scanlate this. And it worked; there are translations going around but no one picked the series from where M7 left it. A pity, really, as it's a well thought-out series and it deserves appropriate attention from its fervent readers.

On the other hand, if it's a joke, then I miserably fail to catch either the point or the humor in it. Nevertheless my money remains on the aforementioned situation. It's most likely a legit firecall for both scanlators and leechers to abandon the ship and let it sink.

'Recquiescat in pace, now go buy the manga.'

Last edited by Renegade334; 2007-12-10 at 18:08.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 23:03   Link #20
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Few images that I found.
I think these were the cover for Young King OURs.

And these were the 4koma for the first two volume (in Korean). I thought the fist one was really funny.

cover for volume 3. Does anyone good picture of cover of voulem2?