AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-07-05, 17:15   Link #1
bananapills

Anime about partying, sex, drinking and/or drug use?

----------

Last edited by bananapills; 2020-05-11 at 11:09.
bananapills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 17:19   Link #2
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Well let's see:

For me the first thing that comes to mind is Nana. I don't know if this will fit your requirements but that's all I can think of. What do you think?
Old 2012-07-05, 17:42   Link #3
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Moyashimon's first season has some of this. There's quite a bit of drinking and maybe some drunken sex assisted perhaps by aphrodisiacs.

Drug use is pretty much off-limits in anime. The main character in Welcome to the NHK! uses cocaine in the manga, but it never appears in the anime. Its absence makes the hallucinatory sequences where Satou talks to his appliances less comprehensible. His high-school senpai is a walking pharmacy in the early parts of the show, but she's addicted to antidepressants.

Two characters in House of Five Leaves appear to smoke opium, but the subject is never really addressed in the story.

Many anime shows with adult characters show them partying with co-workers after hours. Nodame Cantabile has a number of these scenes. I think there are a couple of similar scenes in Usagi Drop, REC, and Showa Monogatari, but they are less frequent.

Alcohol is obviously a key component of Bartender, but there's never any partying going on. Mostly it's a show about older folk who stop by a Ginza bar in an effort to find the right libation to soothe their worried souls. There's a lot of interesting history about the development of various liquors, though. My favorite is the story about how Scotch began as the "whisky of rebellion."

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2012-07-05 at 17:57.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 17:45   Link #4
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

It's quite difficult to suggest animes that solely focus on those 3. I know Spike in Cowbow Bebop and Margery in Shana often drink. If I am not mistaken, there's a character in Legendary Gambler Tetsuya who use drugs.

As for non-hentai animes that have sex scenes, Kare Kano, Tsukihime, SEED Special Edition DVD (Kira and Flay), Utena and Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien. Sorry that I can't point out the exact episode. It's been so long since I watched them.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 17:55   Link #5
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The characters in Kare Kano have sex late in the show, but nothing is shown. REC has a similar scene. There's a scene where Fujiko has sex in the current Lupin III/Mine Fujiko remake, but it's also off screen. She also spends a good portion of the show nude or nearly nude. The borderline soft hentai Aki Sora has more explicit scenes of incestuous sex. The most explicit sexual encounters I can think of outside of hentai are in Mnemosyne, and most of them involve lesbians.

It's actually rather striking that, for the most part, sex in anime consists mostly of teasing in ecchi comedies. Serious sexual encounters among adults are quite rare in mainstream works.
Old 2012-07-07, 05:27   Link #6
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
The characters in Kare Kano have sex late in the show, but nothing is shown. REC has a similar scene. There's a scene where Fujiko has sex in the current Lupin III/Mine Fujiko remake, but it's also off screen. She also spends a good portion of the show nude or nearly nude. The borderline soft hentai Aki Sora has more explicit scenes of incestuous sex. The most explicit sexual encounters I can think of outside of hentai are in Mnemosyne, and most of them involve lesbians.

It's actually rather striking that, for the most part, sex in anime consists mostly of teasing in ecchi comedies. Serious sexual encounters among adults are quite rare in mainstream works.
Shishido has sex in the new Kenshin remake released this year.
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 05:28   Link #7
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
Well let's see:

For me the first thing that comes to mind is Nana. I don't know if this will fit your requirements but that's all I can think of. What do you think?
Definitely Nana... good anime... a lot of emotional twist....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 12:58   Link #8
Sumeragi
Banned

Almost all forms of drugs are banned in Japan. Therefore, showing those on TV would technically be illegal unless it was for educational purposes.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 00:25   Link #9
supermegasonic

Quote:

Drug use is pretty much off-limits in anime. The main character in Welcome to the NHK! uses cocaine in the manga, but it never appears in the anime. Its absence makes the hallucinatory sequences where Satou talks to his appliances less comprehensible. His high-school senpai is a walking pharmacy in the early parts of the show, but she's addicted to antidepressants.
i dont read the manga, but this one came to mind when i read that title.

stuff like what the title mentions...you think with the laws the goverment is trying to pass would allow that, i mean they were almost literally trying to ban ecchi animes, saying its all bad. i dont think having a MC being high on crack would be a good idea...just saying
Old 2012-09-07, 09:23   Link #10
Mangakasan
BURST LINK!!

I agree with nana
Strength isn't just about winning. Even if my attempts are pathetic and comical, and even if I'm covered in the mud of my defeat, if I can keep fighting and look up at the sky as I lie on the ground, that alone is proof of true strength!
Mangakasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 18:21   Link #11
Flame-X
Anti-fan

Black Lagoon has plenty of drug usage and drinking.
Old 2012-09-08, 23:08   Link #12
Kmos

Energy steroids in current One Piece anime arc. Franky a party machine with musical companion Brooke, but the whole crew's up for partying when they can. No sex though. Probably not what you're looking for anyway.
Kmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 23:12   Link #13
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

About the sex (and party?), maybe you could try Panty & Stocking. In case you haven't heard about it, yes that's the title .
Old 2012-09-08, 23:46   Link #14
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame-X View Post
Black Lagoon has plenty of drug usage and drinking.
I rewatched Black Lagoon a few months ago and cannot recall any scenes of drug usage, never mind "plenty." Drug trafficking perhaps, but drug usage? I don't think so. I just reviewed the list of episodes to refresh my memory and still don't recall any.

Perhaps drug usage appears in the manga?
Old 2012-09-08, 23:56   Link #15
Flame-X
Anti-fan

Quote:
I rewatched Black Lagoon a few months ago and cannot recall any scenes of drug usage, never mind "plenty." Drug trafficking perhaps, but drug usage? I don't think so. I just reviewed the list of episodes to refresh my memory and still don't recall any.

Really... well it's been a while since I've seen the show so I'll take your word for it.
Old 2012-11-24, 05:22   Link #16
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

There is a lot more good racy manga that I can think of than anime. Generally in anime there is very little sex besides in hentai, almost none of which is worth reccomending even if such a thing wasn't against the rules of the board: it was my understanding that it is.

Dunno if you read manga but Nozoki Ana is probably the best manga I can think of where the main characters actually have sex like normal people.

Another one that had sex portrayed in a way that I could relate to was Haru yo Koi. It starts out a a Yuri Manga but then it becomes a hetero manga with the yuri story mostly sidelined. This one has lots of sex and is mostly about infidelity. I really enjoyed this manga.

Another popular one is Oretama. Personally, this one kind of squicks me on a lot of levels but there is a ton of sexual content far beyond most manga and a lot of people think it is funny. In some ways it is more like an ecchi comedy than a romance manga but the degree of sexuality in the jokes goes far beyond even the raciest of ecchi comedies.

Another great manga that was never adapted into an anime is Jiraishin. It's basically a detective series set in modern japan that has some overriding plot arcs as well as episodic stories. It contains drug use, violence, sexuality, you name it. To say that this one is not for the faint of heart would be a vast understatement. The violence is rarely more gruesome than your average Seinen manga but the kind of ideas and situations that are portrayed in this manga are extremely disturbing for reasons beyond just visually repulsive violence. That being said, I loved this manga. I think the writing stumbles at times but overall I thought it was a very good read.

So yeah, none of those are anime but there is really very little anime at all that fit your bill.

Nozoki Ana is being adapted soon though and it's gonna be fucking epic.
Old 2012-11-24, 05:33   Link #17
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:

Spoiler for Black Lagoon OVA, Ep25 to 29:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Almost all forms of drugs are banned in Japan. Therefore, showing those on TV would technically be illegal unless it was for educational purposes.
^ What Sumeragi said. Drugs aren't just taboo, and anime isn't really the best medium to explore the serious topic of drug abuse.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 05:41   Link #18
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananapills View Post
Are there any anime about partying, sex, drinking and/or drug use?
-----
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/bananapills
Pretty much an anime about immorality? That's fun.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 05:44   Link #19
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Just go watch any Eli Roth movie.

All I really know is Bartender, but that's already been recommended. ;_;

Last edited by Hiroi Sekai; 2012-11-24 at 06:02.
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 07:39   Link #20
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
All I really know is Bartender, but that's already been recommended. ;_;
And, as I said, the use of alcohol in that show is far removed from the types of activities the OP is looking for. In Bartender it is not the drinking that is the focus, but on the ties between liquor and memories. Most of the characters rarely have more than a couple of drinks. You're likely to see a lot more drinking and drunkenness in the occasional after-hours party scenes in shows like Nodame Cantabile. Even the usually hyper-controlled Chiaki passes out during one escapade with Stresemann and wakes up in a hotel room surrounded by a bunch of bar girls.

@TRL
I didn't watch the entire BL OVA. I think I watched the first episode when it appeared but didn't follow up. Roberta was never one of my favorite characters in that show despite her apparently large fan following.

Tags
nightlife