AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2013-04-14, 08:09   Link #3821
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Well in the published version, I hope that the Kirito, Asuna relationship is more strongly established, my only issue would be the the diminishing focus on it as Kirito goes around being the ultimate MC in both action/adventure and romantic comedies.

Hopefully Kawahara never atempts to write a romantic comedy, it wouldn't end well too much suffering from the get go.
Old 2013-04-14, 08:16   Link #3822
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

From his biography, he spends most of his time when he's not writing playing MMOs. He probably doesn't have the experience required to create a romcom or comedy plot, save for the running gags and harem problems that have appeared.
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 09:23   Link #3823
Trung-t-rung

If there is a new LN series, I wonder which type of game it will be written about. Arcade fighting, FPS, MMORPG has already appeared so I hope it will be about MOBA, or RTS. They are the only genre that still haven't been used
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 12:32   Link #3824
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

I am hoping for a true closure to Alicization or a possible crisis crossover

Spoiler for Situation:
Old 2013-04-14, 23:12   Link #3825
Darkonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
From his biography, he spends most of his time when he's not writing playing MMOs. He probably doesn't have the experience required to create a romcom or comedy plot, save for the running gags and harem problems that have appeared.
Hmm does it say what MMO he plays?
Darkonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 23:22   Link #3826
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Starcraft and Diablo are the ones I can think of the top of my head for now.

Edit: Not just Starcraft, according to here:
Quote:
Kawahara: The one game I've played the most is World of Warcraft, but more recently, I'm quite enjoying Diablo III. I'm a really big fan of Blizzard's games, but I'm kind of sad that a Japanese version of these games don't exist.
and here:
Quote:
He has played Starcraft and he enjoys Diablo III. His character class in Diablo III is Demon Hunter.
He is disappointed that Starcraft 2 is split into 3 games. He plays Protoss in Starcraft 2.
He likes the story of Diablo III.
His favorite MMORPG is World of Warcraft. He compliments that the world of the game is so huge. He thinks there are a lot of quests.

Last edited by Tusjecht; 2013-04-14 at 23:31. Reason: Not quite Starcraft
Old 2013-04-15, 01:51   Link #3827
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

LOL my friend hates Alicization because , "Everyone wanted to see this story end w/ Kirito and Asuna settling down in RL," and..."It stopped being about the SAO incident and their recovery and all about setting up this terrible ending."

Oh well to each their own. I guess meta stuff is just hard to have yourself suspending disbelief. xD

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 02:03   Link #3828
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
LOL my friend hates Alicization because , "Everyone wanted to see this story end w/ Kirito and Asuna settling down in RL," and..."It stopped being about the SAO incident and their recovery and all about setting up this terrible ending."

Oh well to each their own. I guess meta stuff is just hard to have yourself suspending disbelief. xD
I can kinda see your friend's POV; the entire end was more like setting up AW as the Spiritual Successor to SAO, how Alicization is deep down the backstory of AW, than about Kirito or Asuna's situation. Hopefully the LN version will have a epilogue instead of just that prologue, where we readers find out Kirito, Fluctlight!Kayaba, SK!Kirito, and Kikuoka are the ones behind all these Accelerated programs. Oh, and that Kirito + Asuna's happily married or something.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 07:43   Link #3829
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

The author was just setting up for Alicization though; from the chapter distribution, not only did he dedicate way more effort into its workings and mechanics (patching up the rest with Deus Ex Machina), he also gave each of the girls their awesome finale.

My take is that even before Sword Art Online, Kawahara already had an early conception of Alicization and intended to write his way towards it.
Old 2013-04-15, 18:47   Link #3830
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Spoiler for response:
I wonder how Asuna and Alice will react to Kirito's children, Suteika and Ro-La. Well, Asuna's Fluctlight was with SK!Kirito the whole time so she must have given her consent.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 20:07   Link #3831
haseo0408

How many volume are left before Alization is over?.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 20:12   Link #3832
AKAAkira
Bookmaker

Thanks for summarizing up 'til FINAL, Flere!

As a reader, it was slightly disappointing SAO chose to end itself there...
...But as a fanfiction writer, heh, there's a bit of guilty pleasure in knowing I can expand into the future without worrying that later developments might kick me into the AU lane.
AKAAkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 21:19   Link #3833
iceaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
How many volume are left before Alization is over?.
Noone knows for sure. Tsujecht heard its till 15. I heard it's 16~17
Think i recognize your nick from randomc..

Baka-Tsuki username: acolyte
iceaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 02:08   Link #3834
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Author said 15, we'll just see how that turns out.

And iceaco. Not that I enjoy conversing with you, but I can go full tsun if I want, ya know?! So spell it right as either Tus or Tusjecht, you baka!

Edit: and Flere, it would be the dream of a lot of fanboys for Kirito and Asuna to have a daughter named Kuroba Yukiko.
Old 2013-04-16, 04:53   Link #3835
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
Edit: and Flere, it would be the dream of a lot of fanboys for Kirito and Asuna to have a daughter named Kuroba Yukiko.
Highly unlikely... Neither Kazuto or Asuna's names have 'Kuroba' in it Unless you want to go full blown conspiracy theory that they changed their names after Project Alicization to protect themselves or something... and that Kazuto and Asuna have become really bad parents after Yui died in the years between SAO and AW.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 05:19   Link #3836
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Highly unlikely... Neither Kazuto or Asuna's names have 'Kuroba' in it Unless you want to go full blown conspiracy theory that they changed their names after Project Alicization to protect themselves or something... and that Kazuto and Asuna have become really bad parents after Yui died in the years between SAO and AW.
I wonder who was the mind that Alice's fluctlight was modeled after? Was the original "donor" mind ever revealed?

Spoiler for Accel World:

Also, if Kirito in real life ever had a child, I wonder what would be his or her relation with Yui, the "older sister". Would Kirito and Asuna regard Yui as the firstborn, or their firstborn biological child their real firstborn?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 07:50   Link #3837
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Flere: well, I mean both you and I should have seen some of the $hit conspiracies they pandered around. This is pretty small fry in comparison.

Novalysis: Technically, Alice is modelled after the 18 human babies whose Fluctlights are the original Fluctlights in UW at its birth. After the hundreds-odds generations that have passed, the Fluctlights are so distinct that Alice is considered a natural Fluctlight not modelled after anyone.
Spoiler for Accel World:
I'm sure Kirito and Asuna would still regard their natural children as firstborn. For now Yui only exists as a virtual daughter...unless they decide to get a robot body for her?

Last edited by Tusjecht; 2013-04-16 at 08:09.
Old 2013-04-16, 09:28   Link #3838
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceaco View Post
Noone knows for sure. Tsujecht heard its till 15. I heard it's 16~17
Think i recognize your nick from randomc..
Yes, I comment a lot in Random Curiosity. Do you visit the page a lot as well?.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 11:35   Link #3839
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Hmm since Vol. 12 just came out, we still have a years worth of Alicization content then.

As for going to Random Curiosity. I read that blog when the SAO anime was showing. quite the bad relationship reading anime blogs back then. :/

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 16:51   Link #3840
iceaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
Yes, I comment a lot in Random Curiosity. Do you visit the page a lot as well?.
Yeah tho I comment on and off. My nick is acolyte.

Baka-Tsuki username: acolyte
iceaco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality