AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-18, 15:49   Link #1
ira_gaines

Boku wa Imouto ni koi wo suru

I think this roughly translates into "I love my little sister" (yes I am a pervert).

Anyway I'm having trouble locating an English fansub of this.

Would appreciate help
ira_gaines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 15:53   Link #2
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

It wasn't that far, after all

By the way, if you like this genre, I'd recommend you the 13 ep. series Koi Kaze (licensed, by the way) which is ages superior to this short, quite pointless (imho) OVA.
Old 2006-02-18, 16:08   Link #3
ira_gaines

Like this genre?

Are you implying that I'm some kind of incest obsessed maniac?

Oh wait i admitted it before. Oh well.

Thanks for the info

From what I've seen of Koi Kaze it's not my cup o' tea. I only like incestuous romances when the ages are pretty close. I'm aiming for Da Capo next.
Old 2006-02-18, 16:13   Link #4
ira_gaines

I should have mentioned i already downloaded the hitsugi one from this website.

I'm having some trouble playing MKV files on my Vlc player but I managed to play it on another media player. As far as I could tell it didn't provide any subtitles.

That's why I asked about an English fansub. I wanna be sure before i download it.
Old 2006-02-18, 16:25   Link #5
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ira_gaines
Like this genre?

Actually I wasn't implying anything I liked Koi Kaze and have no problems in admitting it, nor I'd give such labels to anyone. Imho as long as it's fictional, an anime doesn't hurt me.
Just that "Boku wa.." is imho really mediocre, poor and pointless, a bunch of unanswered questions and unanalyzed characters. That's all.

Quote:
I should have mentioned i already downloaded the hitsugi one from this website.

I'm having some trouble playing MKV files on my Vlc player but I managed to play it on another media player. As far as I could tell it didn't provide any subtitles.

That's why I asked about an English fansub. I wanna be sure before i download it.
Playback troubles are Off-topic here, in fansubs section.

First, be sure to check the AnimeSuki Playback Guide.

For further problems , Playback Help Forum is the place for you
Old 2006-02-18, 18:00   Link #6
lavielove

I was reading Koi Kaze last week. After reading a few chapters blood came out from my eyes and I knew that I couldn't take it anymore. That stupid lil-girl keep on calling brother brother and I was like "ahh! I'm going nuts with all these".The first two or three chapters are quite cool since
Spoiler:

Don't take it as personally ok =P just a discussion a discussion
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 18:33   Link #7
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Like this genre?

Oh wait i admitted it before. Oh well.

Thanks for the info

From what I've seen of Koi Kaze it's not my cup o' tea. I only like incestuous romances when the ages are pretty close. I'm aiming for Da Capo next.
*pats ira on the back

Theres no shame admitting you are perverted you have plenty of compnay around here

Koi Kaze is boring imo, i couldn't even finish the first.

If you want red hot incest action try Full Metal Panic 2nd Raid. You got a pair of lesbian twin sisters and Kagihime, another pair of brother and little sister. And the little sister is magical girl to boot

DC isn't really incest since the two main characters are non-blood related. They just grew together in the same household.
Old 2006-02-18, 20:52   Link #8
Archuka
A territory most absolute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
You got a pair of lesbian twin sisters
Actually, you couldn't really tell what those twins were thinking. I mean they were utterly disconnected from reality anyway. Plus, they did it with the male psycho nut, Gates.

It's been a long time since I watched Boku wa Imouto ni koi wo suru, but I have to agree with Pellissier. It's just wasn't that good. Also, I generally don't mind unusual relationships, but since I have a little sister of my own, watching this made me quite uncomfortable. Thus: Not recommended if you have a sister.
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-13, 23:26   Link #9
Gage

Don't forget about Angel Sanctuary. One of the first Anime/Manga I saw that had an incestual relationship, but didn't focus on the sexual aspect of it (very much, anyway). And it has Angels and Magic, how can you go wrong?
Gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-13, 23:32   Link #10
Lilith
Your average fangirl

The world need more incest anime! The OVA wasn't that good, but I heard the manga is smashing. I like it so far, Iku can get a bit annoying cuz she's very clingy, hehe.
Old 2006-09-15, 11:36   Link #11
navi432001
Completely Unproductive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
The world need more incest anime! The OVA wasn't that good, but I heard the manga is smashing. I like it so far, Iku can get a bit annoying cuz she's very clingy, hehe.

To go along with the crowd, incest For The Win (except where prohibited)

Anyhow I think this is like a preview maybe if enoguh people buy the OVA they will make it into a full length series which I wouldn't mind watching, too many questions left unresolved.

Whats wrong with piracy?
navi432001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 22:54   Link #12
navi432001
Completely Unproductive

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72
I kind of find this subject matter hot in anime, however in real life I find the concept totally sick.

I have two imouto and one oneesan, and although my friends have told me they are hot, and in theory I can acknowledge they are attractive, I feel no physical attraction to them whatsoever.
Reverse sexual imprinting, the so called Westermarck effect (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westermarck_effect ) is a powerful force indeed, rendering any potential sexual desire for an physically attractive family member, null and void.

I think the reason that this genre is increasing in popularity (aside from the taboo aspect) is due to the increase in one child families or males being raised in a family without a sister. The concept of living in close proximity to an attractive female, with whom you share a close bond of common history, can be a desirable fantasy of sorts. However only to those who have never been actually exposed to the true nature of a real live sister.

I also have a sister and I know what you mean.... I just think its hillarious watching it in anime mostly because of the "dude she's you sister" idea that makes the love scenes funny rather than touching lol.

Whats wrong with piracy?
navi432001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 15:20   Link #13
tom9984

Anyone else end up hating the main character? He came off as manipulative and just evil. I felt like he somehow brainwashed his sister into loving him and is totally undeserving of her.
tom9984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 18:43   Link #14
intercostalspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom9984 View Post
Anyone else end up hating the main character? He came off as manipulative and just evil. I felt like he somehow brainwashed his sister into loving him and is totally undeserving of her.
actually, i feel that she likes him as well but doesn't know it. how come she was so jealous of her friend? at least that is what i think
intercostalspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 15:29   Link #15
DanielSong39

I know I'd be pretty upset if my sibling was seeing my best friend behind my back... much more so if they were sleeping together. Wouldn't you?
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 13:40   Link #16
Kourika
Crazy Dog Lady

This is just a promotional OVA done by Shogakukan for a 10 volume manga by the same title. The manga is much better in my opinion because it explores more of the emotional turmoil that comes from loving someone who should be forbidden.

The OVA covers the very first chapters of the manga, and, yes, Yori comes across as being a very manipulative jerk in how he treats Iku. However, she's completely clueless as to all of the signs he's shown that Yori thinks of her as more than a sister.

Koi Kaze is a better exploration into the taboo brother/sister relationship in my opinion because there are more explanations as to how the couple tries to fight the attraction and understanding of the social consequences of an incestual relationship.
Kourika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 10:59   Link #17
Kitty_Lover11475

I love is story. I watch the Moive and I some online. thank you for is post.
Kitty_Lover11475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 22:38   Link #18
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

IMO, this story should have been adapted into a series like Koi Kaze. This was one of the first incest stories I'v read.

The movie was malodorous though.
Old 2009-10-15, 10:27   Link #19
acid_finger

I loved watching Boku wa Imouto ni koi wo suru, so i guess i'll try Koi Kaze soon too.

I'm no incest freak either btw. :P
acid_finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 11:54   Link #20
tyciol
*Artist

This series sounds totally relevant to my interests

Acid, Koi Kaze is a good serious take... you might also enjoy Yosuga no Sora too.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote