AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

View Poll Results: Negima Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 1 10.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 20.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 40.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 10.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 10.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-18, 15:52   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Negima Episode 12 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Negima, Episode 12!

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for raws.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Manga out of the anime thread.
    If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use clearly marked Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:
Old 2006-12-20, 14:03   Link #2
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Episode 12 is the second real "disappointment" episode of the series IMO. There's two big problems that I had with the episode.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-20, 14:19   Link #3
Katapan
俺様祭り

After quite a lot of episodes involving mindless fun, I'm actually glad to see that we might be getting back to the real plot.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-20, 18:25   Link #4
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Perhaps the frog and cat will meet horrible gruesome endings to prevent their report and we can get on with the rest of our lives (or at least watch the series in peace without those two).

At the moment, this series rates "good fun, but ultimately disappointing" in regard to the characters themselves. I just got volume 12 of the manga and it appears to be chock full of Setsuna goodness and Evangeline naughtiness amongst a lot of other stuff. A lot of the sort of stuff that would have been great to animate.
Old 2006-12-20, 18:35   Link #5
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
thats the only flaw with this series imo...too much fun and not enough serious development/plot line when its needed...i havent seen this ep yet but by the looks of it it seems pretty bad i think the randomness is beginning to get onto everyone's head ~

edit: oh sh*t! well the ep itself was pretty average ~ mainly focusing on chasing yue but the last few minutes ~
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2006-12-21 at 09:53.
Old 2006-12-21, 13:14   Link #6
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
thats the only flaw with this series imo...too much fun and not enough serious development/plot line when its needed...i havent seen this ep yet but by the looks of it it seems pretty bad i think the randomness is beginning to get onto everyone's head ~
I kinda agree on this. To me, one of this show's main problems isn't the randomness of the series (which I definitely prefer over the fanservice-based humor of the manga), but rather the fact that in episodes where I prefer to have character development (i.e. the Sayo episode and this episode), SHAFT seems to prefer "non-Ministra Magi" student appearences over character development (although in this episode, most of the problem involves SHAFT not putting too much emphansize on Yue's reasons why she doesn't want to kiss Negi and making Nodoka, who is very important to the manga version of Yue's Pactio story, a minor character in this episode).
Old 2006-12-21, 13:24   Link #7
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

if you add the fact that shaft just nuked character original past/back story, it is indeed quite hard that they would create a real character development, except the relationship with negi bouzu ~~ (at least, they tried a bit with konoka and setsuna... in their own way)

so, they most likely sealed how the characters are protrayed from the start

*sigh* ~~ (but well, we shouldn't complain with THAT amount of funny goodness, be still :x)

Last edited by Klashikari; 2006-12-21 at 13:41.
Old 2006-12-21, 15:59   Link #8
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It just means that Negima fans will continue to request and hope for an anime interpretation that carries some of the manga's flavor to the screen. Even if they do enjoy the hell out of this happy fluff series
Old 2006-12-21, 16:08   Link #9
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I love how they've stayed with Haruna's pactio power from the manga - i pretty much believe its the best one out of the whole bunch. :3

About the Yue issue, it makes sense they'd change her reason of not wanting to kiss Negi from the original story.. though it just looks so false. Its at this point in the series when i have to forget the characters came from a source, and just see it as a new set all together.

Anyway, yet another great episode. Gotta love how they ended it.. talk about your major turn arounds - it had to happen though, what with how many girls were finding out. ^^;
Old 2006-12-22, 00:23   Link #10
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Is Negi really turned into a Chupacabra? Or some common animal? He doesn't resemble any animal I know....
Old 2006-12-22, 13:38   Link #11
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
It just means that Negima fans will continue to request and hope for an anime interpretation that carries some of the manga's flavor to the screen. Even if they do enjoy the hell out of this happy fluff series
Actually, with this version actually remembering to give proper Pactios to Nodoka, Konoka, and Setsuna (and the fact that will most likely not do an anime version of the tedious Mahora Festival arc), I'm pretty much satisfied with the new series, although there's still room for improvement when it comes to the original story.
Old 2006-12-23, 07:40   Link #12
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

The more I watch this series, the more I think it should be watched surface only: the colors, screenplay, character interaction. I don't think anyone can complain about the visuals. With character interaction, I don't mean character backgrounds. I mean the interactions between characters: hyperactive Asuna vs Kamo, shy but in-love Nodoka, Ayaka and her Negi-merchandise, etc. That's why I think Shaft has amplified the personalities of each character - for us to enjoy the "characters."

Well, that's my 2 cents about where this series is going. About the episode itself, I liked it better than 10 or 11. Especially when
Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-23, 12:55   Link #13
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl_moon View Post
Well, that's my 2 cents about where this series is going. About the episode itself, I liked it better than 10 or 11. Especially when
Spoiler:
Personally,
Spoiler:

Last edited by TnAdct1; 2006-12-23 at 13:06.
Old 2007-01-26, 18:24   Link #14
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This episode wins a few points for the lovely Setsuna-Konochan opening (and their moments in the episode)... plus the Eva/Chach/Takamichi "mad hatter"style tea party they seem to be ever-immersed in.