AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-13, 10:14   Link #121
Ozuma-Rii
Heya~ I am a Ranka-addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Can she play a guitar? I don’t remember it shown in the series or movies. Still, if she does collaborate with Fire Bomber, Basara can cover the guitar part .

I think it is far more practical (and faster too) if you find a way to import or order it on-line yourself .
Thus I said "If she ever were to..."
It would be awesome, cause if you listen carefully to her version of the song, there are drums, cymbals and guitars. Thus if Fire Bomber were to play it, or even better, teach her how to use a guitar, I would die happy

Thanks for the tip, looks like eBay is my friend.
Old 2012-09-14, 08:39   Link #122
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutesherry View Post
Just learned right now about this new Macross series...
And by "new," you mean, "repurposed from the Macross 7 blu-ray set," right?

(Although there WILL be a new Fire Bomber song in it.)
Old 2012-09-17, 10:49   Link #123
maximilianjenus
[E]

i would rather nitpick at the word series, since it's gonna be a movie.
Old 2012-09-22, 13:45   Link #124
Dop
Mmmm....

New Fire Bomber song!

Shame it's not new animation as well, though.
More at ANN

Last edited by Dop; 2012-09-22 at 14:44. Reason: added info
Old 2012-09-22, 15:17   Link #125
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

Gotta love the refrain. No time for lurking much today, so I'll ask if anyone knows: the single will be out on the 24th of October and it has this song (Virgin Story) by Fire Bomber and Nyan Nyan (2x?) Fire! Totsugeki Planet Explosion which also has Megumi and May'n in the credits. Question, is this going to be a medley, a new song or no one knows yet?
Old 2012-09-23, 03:16   Link #126
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Thanks to tochiro at the MW forums for sharing the trailer.

Macross FB7 Movie Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIW8IGEDVJQ
Old 2012-09-23, 05:00   Link #127
Dop
Mmmm....

I'm amused that Sheryl enters clutching a VHS tape.
Old 2012-09-23, 12:56   Link #128
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Still not sure how this is going to work with them mashing up old Macross 7 TV footage with brand spanking new Macross Frontier footage. I can't help but envision this being like the Zeta Gundam: A New Translation movies where the jarring difference between animation styles and designs gives the whole movie an uneven and surreal feel.

Still (again) if there's even the possibility that we can get through one Macross Frontier work where this forum doesn't decay into the bitterest of shipping wars between Sheryl and Ranka fans I'd have no problem checking it out and shooting the shit about it here just the same.
Old 2012-09-23, 12:58   Link #129
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I can't help but envision this being like the Zeta Gundam: A New Translation movies where the jarring difference between animation styles and designs gives the whole movie an uneven and surreal feel.
On the bright side, Macross 7 was in the 90s, so the animation might not be as terrible when corresponding to newer standards.

On the other hand... watching New Translation was like watching Tomino-san go through rehab

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-09-23, 13:00   Link #130
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Hope this movie gives reason for Terada and SRW development team to give Basara new attack 'summoning' Sheryl and Ranka for SRW Z3
Old 2012-09-23, 13:05   Link #131
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Hope this movie gives reason for Terada and SRW development team to give Basara new attack 'summoning' Sheryl and Ranka for SRW Z3
Oh gah, he was such a wildcard in Z2. Other pilots get reprimanded, punished, or smacked by karma for acting stupid. But no, not Basara, oh no... he can be a total asshole and a jerkoff, only to escape divine retribution and emerge stronger.

Man, the favoritism...

Not that I complain, but the look on everyone's faces when Basara shoots off in his VF-19? Priceless...

Basara: If they can understand my song, they will stop fighting!!! *Zooooooooom!!*

Everyone: Yeah, sure, wait... WHAT?!!?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-09-23, 13:18   Link #132
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Still (again) if there's even the possibility that we can get through one Macross Frontier work where this forum doesn't decay into the bitterest of shipping wars between Sheryl and Ranka fans I'd have no problem checking it out and shooting the shit about it here just the same.
I agree with you. Shipping war destroys everything it touches . That’s why I don’t want to involve myself in most of Macross Frontier-centric threads. The Force "Ship" is strong there .
Old 2012-09-23, 13:20   Link #133
Tak

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I agree with you. Shipping war destroys everything it touches . That’s why I don’t want to involve myself in most of Macross Frontier-centric threads. The Force "Ship" is strong there .
Now now, I have already generously donated to resolve that problem for everyone...

I deserve a purple heart!

- Tak

Old 2012-09-24, 00:44   Link #134
Yunbo

Thought I'd just leave this here. I am excited for the movie and the Totsugeki Love Heart duet!!! XD

Old 2012-09-24, 05:56   Link #135
magnuskn

It'll be very interesting to see if they are even going to try to interject this in some form of continuity.

Too bad that it doesn't seem as if Alto will be around. Oh, well. We get Klan and Michael at least.
Old 2012-10-13, 11:50   Link #136
Kikuchi

It probably won't be in any continuity, that's just how Kawamori rolls.

I've been totally out of touch with various things since I came to Japan a month ago and just found out about this, I'm SO pumped about it. I don't expect it to be any thing that memorable, but I'm sure it'll make for great entertainment for people like me who like Fire Bomber and Frontier :3

And I don't think the dated animation from Seven will make the movie look strange like what happened to Zeta and it's weird blending of styles. Here it's like two totally different things, with the flashbacks being Seven remastered and the actual story being all new animation.

Next Saturday!!
Old 2012-10-20, 06:49   Link #137
Kikuchi

Saw it earlier today!

I was kind of ready for that, but it was ultimately a letdown. The trailers and synopsis let you think that there will be some kind of reward, but there really isn't. It's just a glorified recap movie for Macross 7, from the Frontier's cast POV. Minus Alto, who's hilariously enough absent throughout the thing even though freaking Canaria gets to show up and chill with the gang.

The "plot" is
Spoiler for Spoiler:

For those wondering, there isn't a lot of new footage, maybe 15-20 minutes out of 93, and it's of course just for the Frontier cast.

Good news he's that it's definitely a nice way to get a refresh on M7 without suffering through the 49 episodes. It was really nice to listen to all these songs again.
Bad news is that I didn't really like the girls' version of FB songs at the end. I don't think it's necessarily that bad, but it just wasn't meant to be... Also, there's a brand new song for Fire Bomber, which is rather nice, but you only here two minutes of it at the very, very end of the credits, illustrated by Dynamite 7 shots. What a fucking waste.
Old 2012-10-20, 07:31   Link #138
magnuskn

Any explanation why Alto isn't present?
Old 2012-10-20, 07:57   Link #139
Kikuchi

Nope! He isn't mentioned and doesn't make an appearance, like AT ALL. Despite the entire cast minus some military staff being in the thing ahah.
Old 2012-10-20, 09:04   Link #140
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikuchi View Post
The "plot" is
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Just curious, did Gabil says "The beauty of (insert something here)!" during his conversation?

Also, I'm kinda disappointed that it's not Sivil who shows up. I do wonder, why they choose Gabil? Isn't Sivil a far more prominent Protodeviln in the original M7 than Gabil? Also, Gabil never likes human, so it's a bit hard for me to comprehend that he's willing to chat with people .