AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-08-01, 23:02   Link #381
Naive
Tabloid Journalist

But I'm quite curious about the subject and I feel this would facilitate thoughtful discussion on this poor excuse of a character. I am of the opinion that my opinion is plenty constructive. It's not like I'm making a "An Athrun is gay cause he looks like a gurl !!!" thread or an "Athrun is a loser cause he always chooses the wrong side" thread or "Athrun will never be as cool as Kira" thread. I just want to know why he receives so much popularity despite the fact that his character was portrayed as one of the weakest in Destiny.

Though, I do suppose an "Is Athrun a homosexual?" thread would be a valid topic for discussion because of his singular devotion to Kira and the fact that surrounding him with a "harem" of girls only allowed us to see that he wasn't interested in any of them. Maybe that was Fukuda and Morosawa's real intentions!

Last edited by Naive; 2009-08-01 at 23:27.
Naive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 20:33   Link #382
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naive View Post
But I'm quite curious about the subject and I feel this would facilitate thoughtful discussion on this poor excuse of a character. I am of the opinion that my opinion is plenty constructive.
Your impression is incorrect, and there's no way I'll allow that kind of thread.
Old 2009-08-02, 23:22   Link #383
Naive
Tabloid Journalist

Then can I make a thread asking our fellow community whether there should be a new mod of this section who doesn't steamroll over other people's opinions?
Old 2009-08-03, 00:13   Link #384
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naive View Post
Then can I make a thread asking our fellow community whether there should be a new mod of this section who doesn't steamroll over other people's opinions?
If you feel that you're being treated unfairly by a moderator, you always have the option of sending a PM to one of the other Forum Leaders. However, I suggest that if you decide to do so, that you have a pretty strong case. Note that not getting the thread that you want created because it's considered inflammatory is almost certainly not a strong case.
Old 2009-08-03, 00:38   Link #385
Naive
Tabloid Journalist

Don't worry about me so much 4tran-chan.
Old 2009-08-06, 07:51   Link #386
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Has there been a thread debating what people like better as a battlefield, Earth or Space?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 00:08   Link #387
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Has there been a thread debating what people like better as a battlefield, Earth or Space?
Not quite, but that seems like a very narrow discussion topic. Can you elaborate as to what kind of question you're trying to ask?
Old 2009-08-15, 07:11   Link #388
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Not quite, but that seems like a very narrow discussion topic. Can you elaborate as to what kind of question you're trying to ask?

Sorry about the slow reply 4tran, I don't usually post in this thread. So sometimes I forget when I do.

All the thread would be about fans debating which battlefield they prefer, Space or Earth. But, they can be much more specific if they like. Either fighting around or on the Moon, Earth's orbit, etc. Same with the Earth, be it the ocean, mountainous area, jungle enviorment, or in an urban area.

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2009-08-15 at 09:54.
Old 2009-08-16, 10:26   Link #389
timesyndicate

Can I make a New Theard for Discuss about Gundam Unicorn
timesyndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 11:47   Link #390
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by timesyndicate View Post
We already have one.
Old 2009-08-16, 19:30   Link #391
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
All the thread would be about fans debating which battlefield they prefer, Space or Earth. But, they can be much more specific if they like. Either fighting around or on the Moon, Earth's orbit, etc. Same with the Earth, be it the ocean, mountainous area, jungle enviorment, or in an urban area.
Again, there doesn't seem to be much to discuss here. Perhaps a thread about what kind of battles posters like seeing would be more appropriate. The battlefield of choice would be one consideration, but other things like size and composition of forces, tactics, strategic considerations, combat choreography and what not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timesyndicate View Post
I'll start up a new anime-only thread when we get some solid information about the anime release. Given all the false rumors floating around this project, I'm going to wait until we get a firm release date before proceeding.
Old 2009-08-17, 01:37   Link #392
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Again, there doesn't seem to be much to discuss here. Perhaps a thread about what kind of battles posters like seeing would be more appropriate. The battlefield of choice would be one consideration, but other things like size and composition of forces, tactics, strategic considerations, combat choreography and what not.

I'll start up a new anime-only thread when we get some solid information about the anime release. Given all the false rumors floating around this project, I'm going to wait until we get a firm release date before proceeding.
Could be like a "make your own" battle type of thread?
Old 2009-08-17, 01:57   Link #393
4Tran

You mean like this thread: Mobile suit Strategies? It's only about 3 years old, and I'd be happy to contribute to it again.
Old 2009-08-23, 09:11   Link #394
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Is there a thread for First Gundam/0079/MSG or whatever you want to call it? Skimmed the whole Gundam section and couldn't find a general series discussion thread anywhere, but I could've glossed over it. I am a career burnout after all. If not, I think it's long overdue.
Old 2009-08-23, 10:45   Link #395
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan View Post
Is there a thread for First Gundam/0079/MSG or whatever you want to call it? Skimmed the whole Gundam section and couldn't find a general series discussion thread anywhere, but I could've glossed over it. I am a career burnout after all. If not, I think it's long overdue.
There is an ancient thread that I just renamed to Mobile Suit Gundam (0079) - TV and Movie Discussion. I wouldn't mind posting in it myself since I'm sort of in the middle of watching the movies right now.

Also, new threads for the Gundam 00 Movie and UC Unicorn are up as well. For the time being, they're just for consolidating the information on those works and for speculating on what the content will be. They will receive proper discussion threads as the works are released.
Old 2009-09-18, 21:59   Link #396
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Can We have a Crossbone Gundam Thread? I have some questions on the Steel Seven.
Old 2009-09-19, 13:17   Link #397
4Tran

Here's the Crossbone Gundam Manga thread.
Old 2009-09-23, 10:12   Link #398
wingzerosnuggles

Could we possibly have a generic Gundam Romance Thread? There's a thread for G00 romance but it's be nice if we could discuss pairings from other series.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 23:42   Link #399
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
Could we possibly have a generic Gundam Romance Thread? There's a thread for G00 romance but it's be nice if we could discuss pairings from other series.
Sure. The Romances in Gundam thread is up.
Old 2009-09-28, 23:35   Link #400
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Is there a thread for discussing what Actors/Actresses should play Gundam characters, in a fictional live action movie?