AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-06-30, 15:52   Link #2081
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
I'm tired, and I'm going to sleep. For lack of anything better, we're apparently sticking with Wikidot. As Kha says, the learning curve is steep (quite steep, in fact), but all our other options are worse.

Once again, the site is at http://ocnano.wikidot.com and the "secret password" to join is forcrackandthewhitedevil.
'kay... I'm a member now!

But I'm not really have much experience with wikis ^^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
@Fate,Kyral, Keroko : Amazing arts and shops. Kyral's especially on Yuuno. @_@
Glad you liked it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
especially since me and my friends are scratching up on our fightin skills for the upcomming LARP. >_<
That's actually pretty funny... every time I google my full name I still find pictures of me from this one LARP con that lies years in the past.

Gah.... curse you SSBB and FSN Visu Novel! Sucking up my free time!

I still have a pic to colorate, a chapter to write and I still have some work to do on my Kyral Fansub Correction project... *sigh*

A well... I will cut short on gaming starting tomorrow...
Old 2008-06-30, 16:04   Link #2082
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

*stuff about dimensionnal seas and planes*
/raises hands, being the local Dungeons & Dragons nerd and has played a bit of Planescape

If I were to D&D the Dimensional Sea, it would be the Astral Plane that is pretty much a buffer plane for every planes.
Old 2008-06-30, 16:42   Link #2083
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Just had something really odd pointed out to me; has anyone noticed how much Asuna looks like Teana, just with longer pigtails and different eye colors?

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 16:50   Link #2084
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Just had something really odd pointed out to me; has anyone noticed how much Asuna looks like Teana, just with longer pigtails and different eye colors?
Yeah... the similarity was mentioned sometimes as the first pictures of Teana showed up.
Old 2008-06-30, 16:53   Link #2085
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Huh. Guess I'm just slow on the uptake, then.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-06-30, 17:17   Link #2086
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Dude... It's SNAKE vs SUBARU. That's not weird, that's AWESOME. But I think snake got gipped. He had no specials, and Subaru kept chucking out shouryukens.

Snake should have gotten stingers.
And Subaru should have gotten Divine Buster...

*warps away*
Old 2008-06-30, 17:25   Link #2087
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

And her concrete shattering punches. If you think Snake was gimped, just watch the fight again and realize how gimped Subaru was.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 18:23   Link #2088
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

*Skims by*
Why am I hearing genderbending?

Also: Subaru vs Snake. lawl <.>
Old 2008-06-30, 18:50   Link #2089
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
*Skims by*
Why am I hearing genderbending?
Would you rather hear yakyuken?
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 18:53   Link #2090
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Kriss probably hears yakyuken even when it's not said
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 18:55   Link #2091
krisslanza

Quote:
Well yakyuken = yummy goodness and nakedness...
Genderbending = Turning girls into men Not cool

Old 2008-06-30, 19:14   Link #2092
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Well yakyuken = yummy goodness and nakedness...
Genderbending = Turning girls into men Not cool

It can also be turning manly men into attractive girls

Spoiler for for example:

See not a bad thing
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 19:22   Link #2093
krisslanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
It can also be turning manly men into attractive girls

Spoiler for for example:

See not a bad thing
Hmmm this is true.
Then lets just do male genderbending and leave the girls alone... ;P

Also that pic has total Tifa vibes.
Old 2008-06-30, 19:27   Link #2094
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Quote:
Hmmm this is true.
Then lets just do male genderbending and leave the girls alone... ;P

Also that pic has total Tifa vibes.
SBrotha has shown OCC that genderbending can be a bad idea.
/shivers at the genderbent touhou
Old 2008-06-30, 20:14   Link #2095
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

GB'd... Flan?! MAXIMA FLANROLL!!!
Old 2008-06-30, 20:57   Link #2096
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:

Spoiler for Exempt from episode 18:

Gah! Crack! Go away! I don't even know a thing about Touhou, why is this crack assaulting me!?
Yep, this is what we need in here. Unrefined crack to kick start the thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
YOSH!!! FINALLY!!!

Chapter 12 of Riot Force 6 is now for your reading pleasure, with pure unadulterated grammar errors and no revisions XD

Spoiler for MGLN Riot Force 6:

P.S. Chapter XIII Gundober and Kabuto
Pretty good chpater. Could I suggest adding in section markers for changes of scene. It'd make reading it less painful as you won't have to stop for a little and wait for your mind to say 'ahh, location/scene change'.
Quote:
This is completely off topic, but do you guys mind giving me your opinion for a story I want to write?

Spoiler for Life's Battle Prologue:
I wonder how many of these questions would you be able to answer. Looks like it'd be an interesting read none the less.
Quote:
My proposal: a rare skill which largely prevents one from accessing most forms of magic, but enables that person to break apart magic spells by attacking the template the spells are built on. The character receiving this ability in Comacanon would have access to only the most basic D-rank spells, a single Reinforcement-type spell to give her Charles Atlas Superpowers, and incredible resistance to magic-based attacks (and a barrier jacket). Most likely this character would be a direct port of Asuna Kagurazaka, or at least implied to be somehow related to her. The canceling abilities can be limited to spells below a certain rank if the concept is haxxed as-is, but does anyone think it works the way it's currently set up?
As long as the cancelling isn't a one second job, it chould be ok. As in the more powerful/complicated the spell is, the more time it takes for her to unravel it completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Nighty has returned. :3
Welcome back
Quote:
Alex hails from a chaotic world on the "far edge" of the multiverse which superficially resembles Laharl's netherworld in Disgaea. As the heir to the throne of the universe's overlord, Alex is challenged in his youth by several ambitious vassals after his dad croaks. Despite being only six or so, Alex is already a fairly formidable fighter and has a loyal retinue of (much older) bodyguards to fight at his side, so instead of confronting him directly, Alex is tricked into stepping into a pre-arranged teleportation circle and gets blasted off clear to the other side of the multiverse.
This background is even more outlandish than the previous one, 'heir to the throne of the universe?' 'Formidable fighter at 6?' I'd much prefer the old background to this one.
Quote:
This eventually leads to Asuna developing Charles Atlas Superpowers and gaining a few basic spells she can use in spite of her magic canceling abilities. As of StrikerS, she's about on par with a typical B-rank knight in terms of physical abilities, but can easily tank spells as high as S-rank without even flinching. Of course, this is all but useless against Jail's cyborgs and Gadgets, and one big sore point with her is that she can't fly even after nearly ten years of training. She's formidable in her own way, but experienced knights like Signum and Vita can still pick her apart without much effort.
Is she on par with an magic augmented B-rank knight or a non-augmented one? Since even at B-rank, the should know some spells that allow them to enhance their abilities, similar to what is seen in Canon by the other belka users.
Quote:
She benefits greatly from training with the Forwards under the Aces, and by the end of the series she'll be projecting her energy into ki attacks and most likely learning to fly or at least hover at an appropriately dramatic point in the story.
Well as long as her magic attacks aren't too grandiose, I can't see too many problems with the idea.

Quote:
SBrotha has shown OCC that genderbending can be a bad idea.
/shivers at the genderbent touhou
Aghhhhhhhh GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD!
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 21:53   Link #2097
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
As long as the cancelling isn't a one second job, it chould be ok. As in the more powerful/complicated the spell is, the more time it takes for her to unravel it completely.
That would actually be a requirement for it to be useful for anything besides ceremonial spells. Think of it like throwing a brick at a plate glass window, or an AMF blade into a magic sigil; doesn't take long to do its' job, but it can't be done from too far away either. In Asuna's case, her magic canceling abilities only work in melee distance. Not so much killing spells being cast as having a natural resistance to magic damage (notice: not physical damage. That's what Knight Armor is for).

Quote:
This background is even more outlandish than the previous one, 'heir to the throne of the universe?' 'Formidable fighter at 6?' I'd much prefer the old background to this one.
Pardon, not 'universe', just 'world'. And the emphasis is supposed to be more on his cadre of bodyguards, not Alex himself. Alex would have been something like a high C-rank with a little experience with armed combat. Think of what Spartan kids went through in 300 and you've got the basic idea.

Quote:
Is she on par with an magic augmented B-rank knight or a non-augmented one? Since even at B-rank, the should know some spells that allow them to enhance their abilities, similar to what is seen in Canon by the other belka users.
Her training makes her on par with a magic-enhanced B-rank at all times. The catch is that she can only use the most basic enhancement magic on herself due to the limitations of her magic system.

Think of it this way; she's stronger than your typical knight at all times, no enhancements necessary, but she can't reach the same power levels that a Belkan Knight using the cartridge system and top-tier enhancement spells can achieve for short periods.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-06-30, 21:53   Link #2098
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Pretty good chpater. Could I suggest adding in section markers for changes of scene. It'd make reading it less painful as you won't have to stop for a little and wait for your mind to say 'ahh, location/scene change'
I'll keep that mind later.

Quote:
I wonder how many of these questions would you be able to answer. Looks like it'd be an interesting read none the less.
Question: since I've answered the following as yes,

Does your novel contain orcs, elves, dwarves, or halflings?

Does that mean that "I've Failed" by the standards set out by that test? O.O
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 22:19   Link #2099
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
That would actually be a requirement for it to be useful for anything besides ceremonial spells. Think of it like throwing a brick at a plate glass window, or an AMF blade into a magic sigil; doesn't take long to do its' job, but it can't be done from too far away either. In Asuna's case, her magic canceling abilities only work in melee distance. Not so much killing spells being cast as having a natural resistance to magic damage (notice: not physical damage. That's what Knight Armor is for).
Hmm, I was thinking more on the lines of a more code like structured ability, where her ability is capable of messing with the 'magical code' that underlies each spell/ability. Given enough time she deletes the code entirely, but for more complicated stuff, that she can handle mess with a little of it before it fully compiles and get's used. which could have led to interesting results such as impressive looking beam attacks that fire but do little damage. Still if only is in effect for a limited area centereed around herself, there's not too many problems.
Quote:
Pardon, not 'universe', just 'world'. And the emphasis is supposed to be more on his cadre of bodyguards, not Alex himself. Alex would have been something like a high C-rank with a little experience with armed combat. Think of what Spartan kids went through in 300 and you've got the basic idea.
Yeah, I was reading through and saw universe and went WTF! Well seems ok, but I don't see what was wrong with the old background..
Quote:
Her training makes her on par with a magic-enhanced B-rank at all times. The catch is that she can only use the most basic enhancement magic on herself due to the limitations of her magic system.
But wasn't Belkan enhancement limited to it's weilder only? Or am I mistaken in this. Unless you were referring to more Caro's type of enhancement, but that's more under Mid than anything else.
Quote:
Think of it this way; she's stronger than your typical knight at all times, no enhancements necessary, but she can't reach the same power levels that a Belkan Knight using the cartridge system and top-tier enhancement spells can achieve for short periods.
well should be ok then.

Quote:
I'll keep that mind later.
I swear you had done it in your previous chapters so I was a bit surprised this time around when there were none. Or maybe I'm just imagining things.
Quote:
Question: since I've answered the following as yes,

Does your novel contain orcs, elves, dwarves, or halflings?

Does that mean that "I've Failed" by the standards set out by that test? O.O
I guess so. But in all seriousness. I think every Fantasy novel that I've read would fail that test so don't take it too seriously.
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 22:26   Link #2100
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

ZOMG! The Memoirs of a Kaiser actually passed that test?! Even the D&D bits!!!

*RUUUUUUUUUUUUNZ*

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content