5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.03%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-12-03, 18:59   Link #41
HandofFate

who was the guy with the bandaid on his face that appeared with Gyanko to help Sekai train his shield thing?
Old 2014-12-03, 19:07   Link #42
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
who was the guy with the bandaid on his face that appeared with Gyanko to help Sekai train his shield thing?
It was that Shimon guy who piloted the Destiny for that 1v1 fight with Sekai a couple episodes ago.
Old 2014-12-03, 20:04   Link #43
Chosen_Hero

Don't care what anyone says, in my opinon Yuuma was the badass of the episode with that awesome fight.

Sekais looked cool but it's the same as we've seen all along, he fights someone then at the last minute learns some super move that destroys everything.
Old 2014-12-03, 20:11   Link #44
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'm pretty sure the guy's name is supposed to be Simon. Gundam can't romanize worth shit--that's why we get names like Empruss and Spallow.
Old 2014-12-03, 20:52   Link #45
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
EDIT: Finished the episode. Concerning Sekai's faint and getting that abrasion on his cheek... well, we need to know more about how this'll go before any confirmation, but it's not too surprising that Plavsky Particles might cause something like that to happen. We already know humans are capable of being affected by them--we saw what they do when there's an Arista present and there's strong enough emotions. And Sekai has some pretty strong emotions going on there. Perhaps the synthesized Plavsky Particles don't need an Arista as a catalyst, or maybe just enough of them can cause an effect with or without an Arista, and the Build Burning Gundam can generate a LOT. Both from what we've seen, and from whatever happened in the 11th tournament--Sakai referenced something like that happening then as well. Either way, I suspect we'll learn more as the series continues.
Here's an absurd/unlikely theory of mine

What if the Build Burning has an Arista/Arita Knockoff (whatever it is that Nils/Caroline managed to replicate) inside it?

That would explain some things:
-The orange glow
-The sheer amount of particles it could produce
-Totally doable by someone as good as Sei

Who knows lol.......
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-03, 20:56   Link #46
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Actually, I wondered the same thing myself. It can't be the original one Sei had--that one never broke, and was on Aila's person, so it's back in Arian. If there is an Arista stored inside, it'd have to be a fabricated one.
Old 2014-12-03, 21:29   Link #47
kuroihikari2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Sekais looked cool but it's the same as we've seen all along, he fights someone then at the last minute learns some super move that destroys everything.
That has happened literally zero times before.....

Ah, people making stuff up.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-03, 21:33   Link #48
Skye629

Quote:
Actually, I wondered the same thing myself. It can't be the original one Sei had--that one never broke, and was on Aila's person, so it's back in Arian. If there is an Arista stored inside, it'd have to be a fabricated one.
Oh yeah thats true, makes us wonder how potent these fabricated Arista are outside of being used for gunpla battles
Old 2014-12-03, 21:37   Link #49
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Maybe Sei turned the Build Burning Gundam into an Arista.
Old 2014-12-03, 21:58   Link #50
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Also, when the Megashiki struck the Build Burning Gundam? I can't imagine the rage and shock Sakai must feel. After all, he built a masterpiece, and when that masterpiece gave a sound blow to the Build Burning Gundam's head, the arm shattered... when a straight build Destiny Gundam was able to smash through that armor. Oh, the humiliation.
Even worse for him considering the fact that this was a chance to show up not just Yuuma but to also to prove himself against one of Sei's gunpla. While he might have gotten an advantage over Yumuma when it came to Sei an straight build gundam actually did better.
Old 2014-12-03, 22:09   Link #51
Skye629

Quote:
Maybe Sei turned the Build Burning Gundam into an Arista.
Well part of it at any rate, maybe thats what the clear blue parts are made of instead of normal clear plastic? Or at least perhaps the material is integrated into the frame
Old 2014-12-03, 22:33   Link #52
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Even worse for him considering the fact that this was a chance to show up not just Yuuma but to also to prove himself against one of Sei's gunpla. While he might have gotten an advantage over Yumuma when it came to Sei an straight build gundam actually did better.
I think it's a combination of the suit having been damaged and arguably not knowing as much as a boxer how to make the punch more effective.

But regardless of the reason, that was still quite a pitiful final performance, especially after that declaration.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-03, 22:39   Link #53
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Okay, but it doesn't make sense as most of the Gunplas on the regional championship have damage that's slightly similar to Level A!
At B level, at best its part are separated and paint comes off. It's not as bad as A level, which was show in Sudou's flashback.

Old 2014-12-04, 00:20   Link #54
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I think it's time to upgrade build burning to build god
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-04, 03:00   Link #55
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Thinking about it, Akira's voice actor... not the first time he's been in a flying machine with arms for this franchise, is it?
Old 2014-12-04, 03:13   Link #56
Side-streetdog

When Build burning gundam in that mode got attack on face Sekai got scratch on face too.
And that "Gunpla and Builder become one"
Look like Sei know how to use particle on unbelievable level .
Old 2014-12-04, 03:26   Link #57
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

He seems to have a thing for particles, yeah. Sakai and Yuuma both mentioned the Build Burning Gundam in the 11th world tournament, with Sakai specifically commenting on the particle emissions. Makes me wonder what exactly happened in that tournament.
Old 2014-12-04, 05:04   Link #58
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Solid episode, entertaining, it's all good, moeagare gunpla

also Tatsuya is as chuuni as ever lol. You'd think that at 24 he'd have grown out of it

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-04, 05:08   Link #59
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

He's Meijin freakin' Kawaguchi. It basically gives him a free pass to chuuni whenever the hell he wants.
Old 2014-12-04, 06:46   Link #60
Esclair

Talk shit, get smacked.

Seems like everyone is combining nowadays. The battle was awesome though. I almost didn't want the other team to lose. Their members were all likable and Akira seemed to have some hidden backstory that relates to his previous team members. Of course, those things were what made this battle so filled with tension.

It seems like Build Burning Gundam is just built so well that even at Battle Damage B it takes virtually no damage, which is why so far it seems to not have had any maintenance done between battles yet still appear as good as it was when Sekai first found it. However, the preview of Battle Damage A pretty much ensures that Build Burning will get destroyed during the national tournament sometime.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote