AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-11, 21:57   Link #161
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Deus said they can see things up to 90 days in the future, that's probably more than enough for Yuno find out the truth if she can browse further enough.

The only thing that can messes those predictions is an act from another future diary holder.

However as long as Yuno's surveillance isn't perfect. Yukiteru can probably do actions without them appearing in Yuno's diary as long as he can make it so she would never find out.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 22:19   Link #162
Dark Wing

Are we sure that Yuno would even want to harm Yuki? After all form what I can see she's so in love with she'd never let anything happen to him hell she might just lay down and die if he asked her too...
Old 2011-10-11, 22:42   Link #163
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Heh... that's probably the biggest question of this story and the most exciting part to think about.

Is Yuno really a total Yandere that would do anything for Yukiteru? Or is she just using him? Can Yukiteru really trust her, or should he rather be wary of her? Is Yuno trying to make Yukiteru win, or is she actually planning to win herself?

Both theories have a point to them. Her diary proves she's been a stalker before the game started. However if you are being cynical and decide to think she has an ulterior motive, it makes perfect sense that she'd want Yukiteru to outlive every other diary holder. After all if Yukiteru dies, Yuno's diary would become completley useless.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 23:59   Link #164
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This thread is dancing on a knife's edge at the moment...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 01:02   Link #165
Kagayaki

asread aside (ok, the art was actually pretty good in the closeup shots and the action sequences, but in other places....), I enjoyed the first episode, although I don't know how I would've reacted to it had I not read the manga. It probably would have seemed like nothing special, but with an interesting premise and a fun yandere character, which I guess lines up more or less with what people have been saying. It's certainly a step up from the OVA.

We'll see how they adapt the lengthier, more diary intensive action sequences. If done badly, those could be completely ridiculous and ruin the series. I hope not though.

In any case, I'm envisioning the Yuno scenes to come, and they're going to be glorious

[speculation removed]

Last edited by Skyfall; 2011-10-12 at 12:56.
Kagayaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 06:32   Link #166
miketyson

Yukiteru's voice in the elevator sounds to me almost exactly like a very flustered Misaka Mikoto. Yuno's voice actress seems fine for now, but we won't know if she's any good at her role until a little later. Fingers crossed.

Since like a lot of people here I've read the manga I'll pretty keep my mouth shut about spoilers. This is one of those stories that's easy to ruin if you get too many spoilers so I'd advise you to find out as little as you can in advance.

Spoiler for Spoilers:

What I will say is that overall ep1 seems promising, but this is a challenging work to adapt to an anime and it seems like it will need a large budget; there's a lot of action with a lot of variety to it. I think CGI deus might just be a cost-saving thing: he's a pain to draw, so if you can make a cgi model of him and use that you free up your animation staff to focus on other aspects of the show.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 06:49   Link #167
solomon

Wow, interesting first episode.

Animation is pretty good and I always like hearing new voice performers.

Great show for the month of HALLLY-WEEEEENNNN
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 10:09   Link #168
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
This thread is dancing on a knife's edge at the moment...
How so?...
Old 2011-10-12, 11:07   Link #169
hyperborealis
Lost at Sea

So I broke down and read the manga.

No spoilers, but just this. Anyone who is worried whether the story will hold up, you can relax. Esuno Sakae is a master. I am amazed at how brilliantly plotted this manga is. We're all in for a treat.
hyperborealis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 12:07   Link #170
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
How so?...
In my view, way too manga spoilers being hinted, posted outright in spoiler tags or let slip outright.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 12:31   Link #171
jcdietz03

I think it's fine, not having read the manga myself.

I had already noticed the "secret" about "power of the diary related to the person's interest."
I hadn't already noticed "how the murderer found out that Yukiteru had the diary." But that part has already aired so no big deal.
jcdietz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 13:11   Link #172
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Guardian Enzo is right about this thread dancing on the knife's edge, even if it hasn't fallen off balance just yet (barely..), so a friendly reminder to all: spoilers from the source material shouldn't be posted in anime discussion threads, with or without spoiler tags. Which is to say, nudging speculations in the right direction, helping to answer questions that episode 1 didn't quite answer itself, comments regarding the manga's ending or overall story, or any other form of information that doesn't stem from strictly the anime as it is up to now, have no business being in this thread.

Being a manga reader myself I can understand the excitement of having a work you like being animated, and how that excitement can easily translate to wanting to chime in with an elaborated comment here and there, but please try to control yourselves. Almost-sort of-kinda-but not really spoilers can still get troublesome when they accumulate, and shouldn't be posted here to start with. Don't make me go yandere on you all. *slips back in to shadows*
Old 2011-10-12, 14:47   Link #173
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Holy crap...

They showed {censored for people who haven't read the manga} right off the bat.

Wow! Wonder how non-manga readers are going to interpret that.

And Yuno- is it just me or did she come across as even more crazy in this then in the manga?

I'm curious, are there any non-manga readers around? I really want to know what they are thinking.
I don't know but yes, Yuno seems to 10 times more scarier and messed up in the anime (thank you Naoto-san)and I'm not even talking about the super wtf BGM that fits her craziness all the way + the {censored} was even more {censored} than the first shots of Higurashi no naku koro ni ... yeah I too want to hear the non-manga reader's opinion : ok I'll ask it, if you guys are super ultra smart and able to guess the end of any story just by seeing the beginning (which I think is impossible with this show but we can't be sure enough) then read this :
Spoiler for spoiling question:
Old 2011-10-12, 17:20   Link #174
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Yukiteru's voice in the elevator sounds to me almost exactly like a very flustered Misaka Mikoto. Yuno's voice actress seems fine for now, but we won't know if she's any good at her role until a little later. Fingers crossed.

Since like a lot of people here I've read the manga I'll pretty keep my mouth shut about spoilers. This is one of those stories that's easy to ruin if you get too many spoilers so I'd advise you to find out as little as you can in advance.

Spoiler for Spoilers:

What I will say is that overall ep1 seems promising, but this is a challenging work to adapt to an anime and it seems like it will need a large budget; there's a lot of action with a lot of variety to it. I think CGI deus might just be a cost-saving thing: he's a pain to draw, so if you can make a cgi model of him and use that you free up your animation staff to focus on other aspects of the show.
This, I'm not one for spoiling but even I have been super careful and hardly posted here not to spoil. Those of you who haven't read manga best stay away from spoilers as they can ruin A LOT here
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 18:12   Link #175
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

How's this for a spoiler:
Spoiler for spoilers:

I do have to say...I really like the way they made the beginning of the anime, it would have been awesome if the manga started like that cause it leaves you feeling WTF right off the bat, manga readers will understand what I'm talking about.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 20:57   Link #176
Unknown Soldier
:D

Since I know the story, I won't spoil it or anything, but this is going to be one brain-popping ride.

Yandere is Best Dere!
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 21:41   Link #177
TakezoMusashi

the manga is really good so I hope the anime does a good job adapting it.

I was a little surprised they decided to already forshadow some really huge things in the first episode.
TakezoMusashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 04:11   Link #178
Westlo
Lets be reality

I only read the first seven chapters or so of the manga a few years ago, so I don't really remember any big twists upto that point and most of the story is unspoiled. But I really liked what I saw of the first episode, to me it captured the atmosphere of the manga which is all I can ask for. Yes the pacing is fast but they only have 25/26 episodes to work with and they need to implement a hook. Animation was reasonable, cg was flat out horrible and the art was uneven but when it looked good it improved on the manga...

Had no issues with the voice actors.. anyway from what I remembered of the first 7 chapters we're in for a treat and than it apparently gets even better. So nice to see a manga actually adapted when it's finished.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 04:50   Link #179
Chase

wow that was a pretty good first impression. Yuno looks like a winner. This show really wasn't on my radar but i can't wait to see the next one. The ending was pretty funny too.lol.
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 07:19   Link #180
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Can someone tell me which day of the week a new episode gets released? I need to be here to get my Yuno fix when it's fresh.
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
psychological, shounen, yandere