AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-07-02, 21:47   Link #321
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

The 1 hr special was great and I can't wait for Luffy to fight door-door Blueno...Was kinda dissapointed that they didn't have some of the fight this ep, but the flashback montage in the end was really dope as it took me back to days I had unlimited eps of One piece to watch and could go 3, 4, 5 eps in one setting...Those were the days...Can't wait til next ep hopefully we geta new Luffy technique...
Old 2006-07-03, 02:20   Link #322
Chuixupu
Shikachu

You can always just save up the episodes for a few weeks. I did that, it was kind of nice. XD
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-03, 18:26   Link #323
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu
You can always just save up the episodes for a few weeks. I did that, it was kind of nice. XD

Some of us aren't manga readers so we break easily .

And the one hour special was damn good, although I was really hoping for a long Robyn flashback but I know it's gotta be coming soon. Oh and from the short little flashback that we did see I am going to speculate and say that...

Spoiler:
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-03, 19:55   Link #324
Anguille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy

And the one hour special was damn good, although I was really hoping for a long Robyn flashback but I know it's gotta be coming soon. Oh and from the short little flashback that we did see I am going to speculate and say that...

Spoiler:

You shouldn't speculate if you don't read the manga. Makes you look stupid.
Anguille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-03, 23:23   Link #325
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguille
You shouldn't speculate if you don't read the manga. Makes you look stupid.
And you shouldn't criticize people for choosing not to read the manga, they're free to make speculations too. This IS the Anime only thread, mostly for people who only watch the anime, so it's perfectly natural for people to speculate with one another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy
I break easily even though I do read the manga. :P

Quote:

Spoiler:
Spoiler for read only if you want to know:

BTW, loved 270. ^^
Old 2006-07-04, 00:02   Link #326
Anguille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu
And you shouldn't criticize people for choosing not to read the manga, they're free to make speculations too. This IS the Anime only thread, mostly for people who only watch the anime, so it's perfectly natural for people to speculate with one another.
Yeah, well, it's a stupid prediction he made. People who read the manga know why. That's why he looks stupid. I'm just calling it like I see it.
Anguille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 01:10   Link #327
Chuixupu
Shikachu

What is it with all these rude people in this forum lately?
I read the manga and I don't think that was stupid. If you can't stand to see people make predictions because you already know what happened, don't read this thread.
Old 2006-07-04, 01:53   Link #328
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Yeah, well, it's a stupid prediction he made. People who read the manga know why. That's why he looks stupid. I'm just calling it like I see it.
Well judging by your comment I guess it's wrong. Yeah I made a prediction based on a half second clip, sorry for trying to spark disscussion with others that don't read the manga.

If you wanna be a douche GTFO of here.

Anyways I enjoyed 270 but think they should of renamed the misleading tittle.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 05:00   Link #329
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

One piece and love people

(God I'm so impatient for a certain scene in the opening )
Old 2006-07-04, 14:04   Link #330
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
This episode had no action, I am very mad...
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 18:27   Link #331
Ogata
Underling

The anime is starting to turn into naruto where its like 5 minutes of recap then the opening.
Ogata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 03:06   Link #332
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Yeah, it's tough writing for an anime when the manga is in the same arc and hasn't ended yet.
Old 2006-07-05, 11:18   Link #333
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
There in no such thing as stupid prediction/speculation. Only stupid people identifying a speculation/prediction stupid. Either way, welcome to the episode discussion thread for One Piece.

As for episode 270: meh...
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 18:48   Link #334
marvelB

Huh, I figured that there would be some talk about 271 already. Well, I'll start off, I guess:

Spoiler for Episode 271:

Well, it won't be another two weeks that we get the next episode... it's rather unfortunate, but it should be worth the wait...
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 19:13   Link #335
Chuixupu
Shikachu

I'm still waiting for the sub. But I saw that image of Lucci...man did they screw that up, he looked quite dorky. XD He looked so smexy in the manga too.
Old 2006-07-11, 11:46   Link #336
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Episode 271 was a good episode though its yet to be revealed how Luffy is able to punch through the Cow's Tekkai and keep up with Cow's speed so suddenly. The animation in some areas were pretty fluid which is pretty rare in One Piece, but the character design, or how the faces are drawn, has suffered a bit. I personally would take animation over character design any day. Usopp was pretty funny in the episode. The dramatics with the bulls are getting a bit overbearing, but nothing that could have been shrugged away with a rolling of the eyes, then a side glance. The episode gets a nifty 3 out 5 from me.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 12:52   Link #337
eph

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Episode 271 was a good episode though its yet to be revealed how Luffy is able to punch through the Cow's Tekkai and keep up with Cow's speed so suddenly.
Suddenly? Luffy has always had incredible reflexes.
eph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 13:01   Link #338
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Episode 271 was a good episode though its yet to be revealed how Luffy is able to punch through the Cow's Tekkai and keep up with Cow's speed so suddenly.

It's no secret. Luffy simply used brute force to break Blueno's Tekkai. Remember, compared to W7, where there was a lot of confusion going on (which ended up with Luffy getting owned by Lucci), Luffy's fully aware of the situation and is much more focused now. And as for how Luffy was able to keep up with Soru... well, that's no secret either. I mean, Luffy HAS fought speedy opponents before (well, Kuro anyway). But for a further explanation about the speed thing, wait a few episodes and you'll find out some interesting facts about Soru....

Still, I should say that it still kinda surprised me that Luffy fought Blueno at all, although it's been nearly a year since that fight happened in the manga. I didn't think that Luffy would fight ANY other CP9 aside from Lucci. I had actually thought that Sanji or Franky would fight Blueno instead...
Old 2006-07-11, 13:15   Link #339
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Yeah, it's like Nami said, they were confused and uncertain of what Robin's intentions were whent hey first faced CP9 in Iceberg's office, so they weren't fighting at their best, but now that they know what's going on and they know that Robin didn't really betray them, they will fight at full strength. Their typical strength still isn't enough, though, they all have to kick it up a notch.
Old 2006-07-11, 13:34   Link #340
marvelB

Yep, they sure do, especially since two of the villains have new DF powers now. I remember that there was a HUGE uproar about Kaku eating a DF last year... apparently, people thought that he was too badass to eat one. But it doesn't really matter now since he's really popular anyway, especially in Japan. He was ranked #9 in the popularity polls! He's even above pimpin' Lucci....