AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-24, 13:59   Link #1081
Sides

New GUILD01 PV, close to the end there is a bit on Time Travelers. Reason behind this is because a demo will be included with GUILD01.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 16:21   Link #1082
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

As a current owner of a DS (which I adore) is there any point of me spending the money on a 3DS? I mean what benefits does it have over the DS besides the obvious 3D tech?
Old 2012-04-24, 16:46   Link #1083
Sides

Well you should only get the 3DS for its games. The secondary features like eshop, virtual console, 3D camera, letterbox/swap note ans other applications are nice to have, but if you boil it down it is the games that matters. I can only give you the advice like with any other handheld or console, if there is no game on it you want to play don't bother getting the system.
Just in case, because some people still having trouble with it, 3DS games do not work on the NDS. Think pokemon white & black version 2 are the last big games made for the NDS.
Old 2012-04-24, 22:00   Link #1084
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Another Shin Megami Tensei game for the 3DS has been announced. Andriasang reports that a conversion of Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers will be released in Japan on August 30, featuring an opening animation, shorter load times, battle animations and full voice acting. I must say I am very, very pleased with this news, considering just about every MegaTen game for the DS and 3DS has been localized in the US and with the fan translation still remaining unfinished.

EDIT: Siliconera has a list of the confirmed actors for the game: Chiwa Saito, Minako Kotobuki, Daisuke Ono, Kazuya Nakai and Yuki Kaji.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 02:34   Link #1085
Sides

New firmware is up, now you can sort your icons, by creating folders. in may we will get a MK7 update as well, to fix exploits used by some gamers online.

Really surprise to hear that Soul Hackers gets another chance, hopefully Nintendo won't do what Sony did last time around to this title, and enable non japanese speakers to enjoy this game in the future.
Old 2012-04-25, 06:01   Link #1086
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Well you should only get the 3DS for its games. The secondary features like eshop, virtual console, 3D camera, letterbox/swap note ans other applications are nice to have, but if you boil it down it is the games that matters. I can only give you the advice like with any other handheld or console, if there is no game on it you want to play don't bother getting the system.
Just in case, because some people still having trouble with it, 3DS games do not work on the NDS. Think pokemon white & black version 2 are the last big games made for the NDS.
Thank you for the advice I will mull over it for a bit but really Pokemon has always been a main draw for handhelds for me and I probably won't get a 3DS until there is a stand alone pokemon game for it...I know I could be waiting awhile but meh I'm stubborn when it comes to pokemon.
Old 2012-04-25, 06:48   Link #1087
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
New firmware is up, now you can sort your icons, by creating folders. in may we will get a MK7 update as well, to fix exploits used by some gamers online.
Thank goodness that update for Mario Kart 7 is coming. You would not believe how many people use that damn "shortcut" in Wuhu Mountain Loop in online multiplayer.
Old 2012-04-27, 01:24   Link #1088
Sides

Some bit and pieces about the this years investor meeting, source: andriasang.com
Digital Distribution seems to be the big thing for Nintendo this generation. It looks like that New Super Mario bros. 2 and the sequel title to Brain Age will be sold as DD and as boxed version. Big difference is one version can be sold or lend to other people and the other one not. However this could be good news for import gamers, as you won't be hit by costumes if you decide to go only DD, but this also mean that you will lose out on the fancy boxarts and collector stuff.
Other thing is that nintendo will supply retailers with DD cards, basically a 16 code key that you redeem like with steam, for all of the DD games, this means that retailer can set the prices for the DD titles, maybe even undercutting buying directly form the online shop.
Old 2012-04-27, 02:07   Link #1089
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Interesting, but Nintendo needs to get more serious about their network if they plan to compete with Live and PSN.
Old 2012-04-27, 05:22   Link #1090
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

I hope they won't try to compete with PSN and Xbox Live! as I'd like an online experience that isn't a UI nightmare bombarded with unrelated entertainment and ads.
Old 2012-04-28, 13:27   Link #1091
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Interesting, but Nintendo needs to get more serious about their network if they plan to compete with Live and PSN.
Sorry, that I have to ask, but what kind of features are really impressive on Live or PSN/SEN, or what makes them unique?

Actually this "new system" is kind of comparable to steam/steamworks, and I think nintendo has to be a bit careful with it, especially for retail/cart games. I can imagine that some publisher will want to use the system to prevent secondhand sales, by including a key code even for the retail version. Yeah it will allow you to download the DD version as well, which could be handy if you are on a trip and don't have the cart with you, but just like steamworks games you will not be able to resell it, and I think a lot of people would be piss off by that. As long as nintendo can keep it separate, carts and DD keys, it should be an improvement on what we currently have on the market, well at least on the console front.
Old 2012-04-28, 16:20   Link #1092
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Indeed, for awhile it seemed as if Nintendo would never get into the DD business, but I guess since it's become a necessity they've at least thought it through. I like they're idea for this DD platform, it feels very Nintendo. Anyway I can't wait to see the rollout and implementation over the next couple months, they're known to be old school, so I wanna see if it clashes with this platform and what (if any) restrictions they'll place on it.

This is an exciting year for a Nintendo fan I know that much.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 11:43   Link #1093
Sides

Heroes of Ruin demo is up on the european eshop. The game is action rpg dungeon brawler made by n-space and published by square-enix wide-world. You can only use the demo 6 times before it expires.

Game is pretty much about looting and multiplayer (local and online). The demo is short and you can only choose from two characters, vindicator and gunslinger.
Graphics are nothing stunning, but it actually looks better in 3D, in 2D it appears to run smoother(?), but that could be just a optical illusion.
Old 2012-06-09, 10:14   Link #1094
kyouray
2D > 3D

I was surprised they included online mode in this demo, they sure know how to sell their game since it was kinda fun online. 3D looks very good indeed. However I don't think I'd buy it at this price...

Anyways some news about Castlevania : http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/08...n-combat-game/
Quote:
Although, this game has a map to explore it is not really a Metroidvania. It is very much an action combat game based on the Lords of Shadow universe
I was already disappointed because it was 3D but this news makes me sadder. However it could be good news for Lords of Shadow fans.
Old 2012-06-09, 13:36   Link #1095
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
Anyways some news about Castlevania : http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/08...n-combat-game/

I was already disappointed because it was 3D but this news makes me sadder. However it could be good news for Lords of Shadow fans.
It is kind of worrying about what is happening since the start of this generation with Konami. A lot of their high profile IP are nowadays outsourced, leaving only Winning Eleven/PES and DDR being developed in house. Currently they appear more and more like a publisher. But at least we did get unique stuff like Elebits/Eledees, Love Plus, Otomedius games, and probably something else that I cannot remember, but probably worth mentioning.
Old 2012-06-22, 01:53   Link #1096
Sides

3DS redesign ! Well not really, it is a 2nd model, XL/LL version of the handheld. It looks kind of sleek. Some advantage are bigger screens, battery, bigger SD card included, but it does not have a AC adapter. Yes that is right no AC adapter included. If you have a 3DS/DSi/DSlite/DSXL/DSLL you can use that AC adapter. Looks like the system will costs around the same as the normal size system.
System will be out next month in most regions.

Another news are it looks like nintendo's eshop will be doing some kind of sales for some of their titles. Starting today you can get some titles for 20% on teh European shop, for the next two weeks.
Hopefully they will make it regularly, for top selling titles.
Still have to watch the Japanese stream, so maybe more later.
Old 2012-06-22, 02:32   Link #1097
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
3DS redesign ! Well not really, it is a 2nd model, XL/LL version of the handheld. It looks kind of sleek. Some advantage are bigger screens, battery, bigger SD card included, but it does not have a AC adapter. Yes that is right no AC adapter included.
Wait, what?

You are telling me that if I buy the new version of 3DS, I wouldn't have any way of actually charging it without buying something else?
Everything with a rechargeable battery needs a charger, this isn't negotiable! I mean, what are people suppose to do after buying the new 3DS, took it home, and wondered why it isn't working?

All mobile devices need a charging device. What is Nintendo thinking?
Old 2012-06-22, 02:37   Link #1098
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Wait, what?

You are telling me that if I buy the new version of 3DS, I wouldn't have any way of actually charging it without buying something else?
Everything with a rechargeable battery needs a charger, this isn't negotiable! I mean, what are people suppose to do after buying the new 3DS, took it home, and wondered why it isn't working?

All mobile devices need a charging device. What is Nintendo thinking?
I lied ^^ not really, only the NA market, that is everyone who is controlled by NoA will get an AC adapter included. Japan and Europe, because are so environmental concerned and so suffocated won't get it.
Old 2012-06-22, 02:42   Link #1099
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
I lied ^^ not really, only the NA market, that is everyone who is controlled by NoA will get an AC adapter included. Japan and Europe, because are so environmental concerned and so suffocated won't get it.
I assume Australia counts as "Not NoA" then?

I just think this is silly. You can't assume every customer has a spare Nintendo charger. I personally do, but you can't assume others do. Especially if you want to steal customers from other competitors.
Old 2012-06-22, 02:52   Link #1100
Sides

Australia is mixbag land, you guys sometimes get solution form American market or the European market, always depending on the product. But since you guys do get overcharged so often, you would think they will give you guys a AC adapter and cradle for free. i would fire an email to them, although they probably do not know what a 3DS Xl/LL is, but at least they know someone isn't happy if it doesn;t come with a charger.

They could include an usb cable for charging in those regions, that would be cheaper and also useful than a standard AC adapter, but I doubt that.

Tags
3ds, dsi, nintendo, nintendo 3ds, nintendo ds