AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-12, 22:56   Link #901
yadango

beautiful and touching, i loved this series. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
yadango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 19:56   Link #902
tyciol
*Artist

I've been watching Spectre Anime's release on this so far. It looks like they did the most (up to 25) as seen here: http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/279.html

Unfortunately nobody's seeing their 6-10 torrent so I am considering trying out Anime Coalition's releases if it doesn't finish eventually. But I have hope a seeder will come along.

It looks like Spectre stopped being active, and AnimeCoalition is on IRC but they stopped at 21.

What I am wondering is: did both series give up for We_Suck? I notice one release (ep 4) by them so I figured they didn't even make much of an attempt. Upon looking further into it though, did they end up subbing the whole series or something? Just looking at some of the threads...
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=17397
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=21276

Assuming they didn't just pick random episodes, that's at least 47, assuming they did up to 52 is a fair guess.

While their site's not listed on their profile here, if you follow their torrents to their SW tracker they do have a site, and there's a section for Uninhabited: http://we-suck.blogspot.com/search/l...anet%20Survive

Furthermore on their SW it says http://a.scarywater.net/suck/ "Survive DVD Box Sets 1-4 (All 52 episodes) are now available in Japan, and worldwide through online retailers like YesAsia and CDJapan. Scripts are available in DVDSubber format on our website. Please support anime production -- buy the DVDs!"

So my guess here is that they did end up subbing the whole series but took the torrents down because it was being sold on DVD. So my guess here is that what they want is for people to buy the DVD and add their scripts to it to create a fansub, but still encourage sales?

But the reason it's still on AS is because it hasn't actually been licensed for english release, like there's no official english sales or something like that, no dubs or whatever? I am not entirely sure.

Do you guys know if anyone else picked it up besides these groups? It'd be cool of the remnants of Sp and AC could make like a "Spectre Anime Coalition" since I can't imagine you could work on this without getting attached to it. The old groups didn't give up their torrents, but maybe they stopped doing it because Suck seemed to be doing a thorough job at the time? That's why I wish those pages had history, so you could see if there were changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_suck View Post
On a pretty much unrelated note, Survive characters appear in Futakoi?
http://s03.2log.net/home/yosaba/arch...g20041202.html
REALLY? I saw but Futa and Futa Alternative and nothing comes to mind. But then, it might be worth watching again. Unfortunately this link is dead.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 20:06   Link #903
Slice of Life
eyewitness

We Suck did sub the whole series and torrents can still be found easily.
Old 2009-08-01, 07:50   Link #904
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
i remember first watching and ep of this show and thinking it looks like its for kids under 5
and then i started watching because there was nothing else on my TV anime channel so i gave it a try
i have never been more happy to be proven wrong
awesome show, highly recommended to anyone who likes anime (or even just a good story with good chatacter's)

and luna is one of my top 10 female character's ever
Old 2009-08-01, 10:22   Link #905
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

Yeah, this show is definitely a classic in my book. Great story and character interaction/development.
Old 2009-08-03, 01:44   Link #906
Jski

I must say i am enjoying it a good bit. I am still trying to work out where all the animals are you would think that place would have a lot more. It may explain later on i guess. #15 looks like its imposable to find by it self other then that i am finding them ok.
Jski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 07:59   Link #907
jonli
JONLIの憂'

I've always been kinda interested in watching this, but never really gotten to it.

Just wondering, doing some level 1 research on it, is this something like Lord of the Flies?

I was about to watch this and a friend of mine told me to watch Infinite Ryvius instead (which I did). Is Infinite Ryvius a more fast-paced darker version of Uninhabited Planet Survive or are they completley different?
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 11:49   Link #908
gonzo562

hmm i guess i shall check this anime out. Hope its good

watched the first few episodes its pretty good. Its like survival island anime style

Last edited by gonzo562; 2009-08-04 at 07:15.
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 13:18   Link #909
gonzo562

this anime pretty good.

But seriously someone needs to beat the shit out of howard already
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 14:08   Link #910
gsilver

It's a very light-hearted island survival story.

There's almost never any real sense of danger, and the conflict is fairly light, so it really can't compare to Lord of the Flies.

It's good, though, for the most part.
gsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 18:14   Link #911
Jski

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo562 View Post
this anime pretty good.

But seriously someone needs to beat the shit out of howard already
Its kind of good to have some one like howard he kind of pushes the group into doing something.
Bah still a pain to find all of these i guess there always is live steaming.
Jski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 15:53   Link #912
tyciol
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
We Suck did sub the whole series and torrents can still be found easily.
Does anyone know why theirs got taken off of Animesuki if it wasn't licensed?
Old 2010-10-17, 16:55   Link #913
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

IIRC, Suck took down his eps once the R2 dvds were available, although he still had the subtitle files on his website for people who bought the dvds.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 13:42   Link #914
tyciol
*Artist

Just remembered what a great series this was. Still, R2 isn't R1 right? *rivets around for their work*

Just noticed on Nyaa a group called Shinji have episodes 1-14 that I don't see listed here. Guess that puts them behind Spectre who did 25 and AnimeCoalition that did 21.

Any idea about rus-subs or raws4U? Both have 52 listed, though I'm not familiar with them. In particular I find it confusing when a group has 'raw' in their name since that usually doesn't mean subtitled but it's in the subs section, so I dunno.
Old 2016-04-29, 21:53   Link #915
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Re-watched this recently and it was just as good because I forgot most of the story. There was something nostalgic about this lengthy series with characters development that made you love them and missed them terribly when it was over. I can't say the same for recent stuff. My ship (Kaoru x Luna) sails on.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote