AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-08, 01:24   Link #81
aquastar831
AQS-Anime

Send a message via AIM to aquastar831 Send a message via MSN to aquastar831
We want to sub this, but we're still without a lead translator for the show. If we get a translator, we have a TL checker already and every other position filled and we're ready to go. If you guys know any Japanese to English translators, please direct them to us, as we would love to sub this series.

On a side note, I haven't watched ep 1 yet, but I really like the OP sequence, especially where Teppei is dancing with each of the girls. I'm kind of interested in checking the PC game of this now. My pick already is Charlotte. And I think it's split across the board amongst our staff members who they like already.
aquastar831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 01:54   Link #82
windstar!~
C'est la vie...

Send a message via MSN to windstar!~
I really love Yuu (or You?) the maid and Sylvia although I'm pretty sure it'll be Charlotte.
windstar!~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 02:29   Link #83
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Sylvia's design is a complete ripoff of Saber, it's not even funny. But of course no one can compare to the real Saber.

The only girl I like is Seika, who is more natural without those huge breasts. Yuu maybe an exception though since she's really cute.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 04:56   Link #84
Andrea

Just finished Sylvia's route in the game, and i have to say that her route was way better then Charlotte's. Her tsundere character was fun, and her father + Maria-chan combo... ahahahaahha!
Next target is Yu!
The only thing i didin't like of the game is that in every route they fall in love too fast. There isin't much development or things happening in the pre-love phase.

Aniway, i hope to see this anime subbed soon

PS: in the game, Teppei isin't as cool as in the anime. The new version seems better

Last edited by Andrea; 2009-07-08 at 10:29.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 05:22   Link #85
Wrath88
Kissing...

Booo, I'll get to playing that after I'm done with Tayutama... that anime adaptation was bad... I'm playing to get the true gist of the story... just like I will with Princess Lover. Chances are that I'll start after the anime's over though.
Old 2009-07-08, 11:01   Link #86
TrueKnight

Sub's finally out by Hitode. Go grab 'em.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 12:15   Link #87
Revan21

And they are pretty good

The OP/ED are not subbed though
Old 2009-07-08, 12:20   Link #88
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Sylvia's design is a complete ripoff of Saber, it's not even funny. But of course no one can compare to the real Saber.
Over the top (not to mention biased) much? Just because she happens to be a blonde knight doesn't mean that she is a rip off of saber. Heck thank god Octavia doesn't have the same hair style or there is another knock off. In fact, the thing about her looking like Saber didn't even cross my mind until I read it being mentioned here and well, what had Sylvia done to offend you so much anyway

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 12:28   Link #89
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

^
I know Octavia resemble someone that i really like from one anime..but i forgot the name of the girl and the title of the anime.Just that the girl iirc was just a normal girl,but with attitude abit similar to Octavia
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 12:48   Link #90
Andrea

Good first episode, better than i expected! A part the taliban censorship (ugly, really ugly and just useless for 1\2 sec flash scenes -.-)
Nice animations btw, and i love how eyes are drawn.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 13:30   Link #91
4Tran

Watching the first episode, the only character to stand out all that much to me is Vincent. I'm looking forward to a bit more to see if there's anything to raise Princess Lover from the rest of the pack, or if it's going to be another Akane-iro or Crescent Love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
Over the top (not to mention biased) much? Just because she happens to be a blonde knight doesn't mean that she is a rip off of saber. Heck thank god Octavia doesn't have the same hair style or there is another knock off. In fact, the thing about her looking like Saber didn't even cross my mind until I read it being mentioned here and well, what had Sylvia done to offend you so much anyway
That's a good point. While the female knight archetype isn't super common, it's not especially all that uncommon either. While Sylvia shares some similarities with Saber, both these characters bear a remarkable resemblence to a character from the Samurai Shodown games (by the name of Charlotte, as a bit of coincidence). And Charlotte herself is based on Oscar from Rose of Versailles, and the progression probably goes much farther back than that. Realistically speaking, I can't see why there's all that much fuss about whether a character or storyline or whatever is considered to be a ripoff from something else given the way pretty much all elements in fiction are based on older elements.
Old 2009-07-08, 13:35   Link #92
cyberdemon

This looks like an interesting show, downloading it now. btw, has the game been translated yet?
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 13:39   Link #93
klowny
OH NO

Just watch the first episode and i thought it was okay, i wasn't expecting a chase scene.

damn censors
klowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 13:48   Link #94
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
has the game been translated yet?
It's barely a year old Visual Novel . Frankly, I wouldn't bet money on that getting an english translation in the near-future I'm afraid. However that might change if the anime is going to prove unusually popular.
Old 2009-07-08, 14:38   Link #95
Manic
real men love pink

my fav girl is Sylvia cus she looks like saber haha. Need to watch the ep, but i am gonna wait for the 720 mkv.

also if ya look at this pic of her she really does put you in mind of saber.

Spoiler for Sylvia Image:
Old 2009-07-08, 14:49   Link #96
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
I havent picked a favorite, and wont untill all the characters are introduced.

If i had to say who it would probably be. it would be either the maid(i like overshadowed characters) or the reasonably preportioned girl who has yet to be introduced. I dont know, it seems like she will be the ""Kyou" of the series.

Sadly, I also think this goes to Charlotte
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 14:51   Link #97
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Realistically speaking, I can't see why there's all that much fuss about whether a character or storyline or whatever is considered to be a ripoff from something else given the way pretty much all elements in fiction are based on older elements.
Because people have nothing else better to do (not aiming at anyone specifically) than to express what little the know with comparisons to stirr crap up. Generally speaking it is those people who doesn't have that much experience or a broad enough view on what has and hasn't been done before and they think that because something they've seen has come up with a theme first, then that is the original and has to be the best. Comparisons is fine by all means but only things that make sense (and "ZOMG character X looks like character Y = ripoff = RAGEEEEEEE, does not).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 14:57   Link #98
Manic
real men love pink

haha too bad shows like this couldn't just include all the stories then just make ovas where you can pick the ending/girl you want.
Old 2009-07-08, 14:58   Link #99
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Countless characters look alike in the same series, there's no point to such comparison.
It's anime, thus simplistic in design, of course you're going to get a lot of lookalikes.
Old 2009-07-08, 15:17   Link #100
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Countless characters look alike in the same series, there's no point to such comparison.
It's anime, thus simplistic in design, of course you're going to get a lot of lookalikes.
I personally have never seen F/SN but I do know who Saber is. The fact that she is so prominent in the industry is why there are so many comparisons to her.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, eroge, romance, seinen