AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-11, 03:22   Link #181
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

YES.

(needs another VN to play)
Old 2009-11-13, 10:47   Link #182
siletim

Just a small FYI: you can find out about the latest updates for the project if you go on http://www.tsukuru.info/tlwiki/index...Little_Busters! I'll try to keep it up to date, but no promises.
Old 2009-11-13, 13:05   Link #183
Phlebas

Quote:
Originally Posted by siletim View Post
Just a small FYI: you can find out about the latest updates for the project if you go on http://www.tsukuru.info/tlwiki/index...ittle_Busters! I'll try to keep it up to date, but no promises.
*fixed*.

Wonder whose bright idea it was to have the ! in the project page name, the correct link displays properly as URL by default just about nowhere
Old 2009-11-13, 19:45   Link #184
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

This may be a stupid question, but is the font spacing of the dialogue in this patch supposed to be as annoyingly disproportionate as it is?
Old 2009-11-13, 22:36   Link #185
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
This may be a stupid question, but is the font spacing of the dialogue in this patch supposed to be as annoyingly disproportionate as it is?
Disproportionate how? Mine was fine, though I've heard of others having font problems.

Question for those who've played through the translated Route...
Spoiler for Rin (Bad):
Old 2009-11-14, 03:17   Link #186
Phlebas

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
You can change the font you use yourself from the settings, most fixed width ones should be fine. If you're having a problem where you only see bad font choices available there, that's caused by some font you have installed and easiest solution is to backup and remove some fonts (starting with those you do see listed in LB, and fonts with their names in Japanese). I hear there's a fix on the way though that'll make variable width fonts work as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Question for those who've played through the translated Route...
Spoiler for Rin (Bad):
Yep.
Old 2009-11-14, 04:16   Link #187
darkcloner

sorry... but...

could someone give me a walkthrough so i can get to Rin's route 1?

i have googled everywhere and i cant seem to find it...
Old 2009-11-14, 09:36   Link #188
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlebas View Post
You can change the font you use yourself from the settings, most fixed width ones should be fine. If you're having a problem where you only see bad font choices available there, that's caused by some font you have installed and easiest solution is to backup and remove some fonts (starting with those you do see listed in LB, and fonts with their names in Japanese). I hear there's a fix on the way though that'll make variable width fonts work as well.
Yup, seems like I was using the English labelled MS Gothic instead of the Japanese MS ゴシック. Works fine and dandy now.
Old 2009-11-15, 12:13   Link #189
Kazane

I've just completed the translated parts and...

Well, for the upcoming playthroughs, I ought to remind myself to cherish the common route more. The moment I entered the Rin route, I could feel some melancholic feeling setting in, what with most of Kyousuke's lines somehow seeming to foreshadow what's to come.

All in all, the translation patch was splendid. Many thanks to the group behind this.
Old 2009-11-16, 12:29   Link #190
Rhapsody

Send a message via AIM to Rhapsody Send a message via MSN to Rhapsody Send a message via Yahoo to Rhapsody
Quote:
Yep.
I was curious, so that's the end of her route? You can't get further unless you complete all the other routes, right?
Old 2009-11-16, 12:31   Link #191
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Thank you for the release guys, it is much appreciated. Except that my resolve to only start playing when the final patch is released is starting to waver.
Old 2009-11-16, 12:35   Link #192
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Thank you for the release guys, it is much appreciated. Except that my resolve to only start playing when the final patch is released is starting to waver.
Considering the savegame stuff, it seems like that's the smartest option, but I'm willing to play this whole game six or seven times if I can just get these tastes every few months.

@Rhapsody: Yep.
Old 2009-11-16, 15:06   Link #193
Phlebas

Figured I might as well give a clarification on the current issues with savegames.
As it is now your "game state" is unaffected by patch, ie. your clear game data etc is kept, but because most of the scripts have changed, saves won't work unless you're really lucky (any major changes to current script will hang up save made in it).
So if you play a complete route you're good, otherwise some of your saves mid-game *might* work but it's pretty much all up to luck. This is why we stopped releasing partial patches early on.
The more troublesome thing is that this also renders (at least most of) your previously read scenes as 'unread', so you won't be able to just skip (at least most of the) scripts with "skip already read" function if that would otherwise be your preference - further complicated by the fact that there's a whole bloody ton of script variation, so if you start with forced skipping (ctrl), you will actually miss a lot of previously unread script.
As changes to common route (hopefully) decrease in further patches the aforementioned save issues will decrease as well.

Of course, can't guarantee anything about future patches either so the warnings are to be heeded.
Old 2009-11-16, 15:33   Link #194
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
As it is now your "game state" is unaffected by patch, ie. your clear game data etc is kept, but because most of the scripts have changed, saves won't work unless you're really lucky (any major changes to current script will hang up save made in it).

Of course, can't guarantee anything about future patches either so the warnings are to be heeded.
If you can guarantee the game state, I am a very happy camper, as I'll probably end up playing Rin's bad route a few more times before you guys get another patch out.
Old 2009-11-16, 21:07   Link #195
Rhapsody

Send a message via AIM to Rhapsody Send a message via MSN to Rhapsody Send a message via Yahoo to Rhapsody
I guess it can't be helped. I'm excited for the translation project to be completed. Rin's route gave me a good sample of Little Busters.
Old 2009-11-17, 02:07   Link #196
Kudryavka

A new LB! patch out? w00t! Thanks, #fluffy.
Does the new patch fix EX compatibility problems? Not that I mind if it doesn't.
Old 2009-11-24, 22:33   Link #197
Azi

I just need verification on a couple of things for people who have already played through the translation.
Spoiler for LB:

Last edited by Azi; 2009-11-24 at 22:35. Reason: spoiler
Old 2009-11-25, 02:44   Link #198
Phlebas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azi View Post
I just need verification on a couple of things for people who have already played through the translation. [
Those are known issues if you're playing EX/ME with the LB scripts. As you can see it's not really recommended at this point. Future patches will likely support them better (see announcement on wiki).
Old 2009-11-25, 22:56   Link #199
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

I stop keeping up to date with the project and look what happens when I finally check up on it. Now that Little Busters! CD I have can finally be put to use.

I was surprised at the suddenness of the bad end. Here I was just playing along and suddenly I get the "Sorry, better luck next time" message.
*sigh* And here I was thinking everything was going so well.

On another note, I've become addicted to trying to get the highest combo in baseball. So far, I've only got 7.

Excellent job on the translation. Maybe with a little luck maybe the Kurugaya translation for Christmas.

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
Old 2009-11-27, 17:35   Link #200
siletim

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
I stop keeping up to date with the project and look what happens when I finally check up on it. Now that Little Busters! CD I have can finally be put to use.

I was surprised at the suddenness of the bad end. Here I was just playing along and suddenly I get the "Sorry, better luck next time" message.
*sigh* And here I was thinking everything was going so well.

On another note, I've become addicted to trying to get the highest combo in baseball. So far, I've only got 7.

Excellent job on the translation. Maybe with a little luck maybe the Kurugaya translation for Christmas.
I hit around 7~9 on the average. I don't remember what my best score is, but definitely above 15. I have spent so much time playing the game that it's hardly surprising.

p.s. This pic is old, but still... http://i44.tinypic.com/287f2e.jpg

p.p.s. Yes, I'm bragging.
Closed Thread

Tags
bishoujo, game patch, key, pc game, translation