AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2012-04-15, 00:10   Link #181
Dr. Casey

Huh, I guess you've still been rather busy recently... whenever I read the story during class this morning, the April 4th updates were the only new ones posted. At least this means I'm not quite so far behind as I usually am. Hmm, Helping Homura Heal and Decidedly Divided Deep Passions... my first thought was that you were drawing inspiration from Kogetsu's alliterrific titles, but you've always been fond of alliteration so I dunno. Homura's mysterious nature being one of the things that attract Madoka to Homura made me wonder if she'd have ever fallen in love with Homura's original Moemura self. Madoka x Moemura would be an interesting relationship, I think... the roles would probably be reversed with Madoka more the dominant alpha female, and it would be a high emotion relationship like you rightly pegged MadokaxSayaka as being since Homura wasn't emotionally dead yet.

Sayaka's melancholy in 'Talking About Chocolately Goodness' was poignant and a bit sad. I can see why Sayaka would find a bittersweetness in Madoka losing one of the traits that attract her to Madoka the most... once Madoka matures and becomes more assertive (I could see her eventually maturing into the confident girl we see as a puella magi later on down the road, late teens or early twenties or so), I could see Sayaka being a bit sad about that as well since it might disrupt their alpha-beta dynamic. Kinda reminds me of how Nanako from Myself;Yourself is somewhat less appealing to me by the series' end because she's no longer so emotionally vulnerable and dependent. Speaking of Madoka hurting people, her attempts at softening the blow whenever she rejects Homura... damn, talking about pouring salt in the wound. I've been in Homura's position, and the girl's apologies during the conversation just made things worse. (This was about four years ago, June 2008, so I got over it a long long time ago and I don't mind being friends with her, so it's all good now.) "I hope your heart will be ready for that one day, Homura-chan..." is pretty cold in its finality, and must have just twisted the knife in Homura's heart with its implication of 'I hope you're okay with friendship, because that's the only sort of relationship we're ever going to have.' Poor Homura.

Of course, Madoka can also opt to soothe Homura's heart rather than break it, and I'm not sure which route I'd have gone for were Mami Lives available to me since both of them are compelling. Not that this scenario is much better... Madoka's pretty misguided if she thinks that she can keep up two relationships in the long run. She might be able to pull it off in the short-term, going on dates and having little trysts here and there with both girls, but as much as Homura and Mami love Madoka I'm sure they'll want to keep her for life. If she dumps Mami in favor of Homura, I wonder if Homura will become insecure that the same thing might happen to her should Madoka ever set her gaze upon a new favorite girl... it's reminiscent of the old scenario where a guy helps a girl who's already in a relationship have an affair, only to realize once they've been dating for a while that she might cheat on him as well. Homura marking the map in pink marker was pretty cute and femine, though.

The anticlimax to Kotetsu barging in on Sayaka's makeout session with Madoka was surprising. Never would've expected that plot swerve... and then the story surprised me again by things returning to crisis mode, Sayaka's mother being much less tolerant than her father. Nice rollercoaster here. You seriously need to get with the times, Nanami... there were some openly lesbian couples at my high school about 20ish years before you were born. Who's the Ringo that Junko had feelings for, by the way? My first thought was Mawaru Penguindrum Ringo, but I'm not sure since Mawaru Penguindrum had a definitive date set on it, and Ringo Oginome is a lot older than Junko being born in 1995 and all (Though considering how perfect Ringo is, I could see junior high Junko lusting after MILF 40-something Ringo). “Madoka, I'm very glad I met your father, because I now have a great family thanks in large part to him"... that line rings slightly suspiciously to me. It almost sounds like Junko doesn't have particularly strong romantic feelings towards Papa, but simply likes the family he's given her. >_> Maybe I'm reading something into that that isn't there though. Papa's the man, Junko better be infatuated with him. But then, this is a yuri fic, so it's appropriate for a hetero relationship to be the most tepid. I aww'd at Madoka and Sayaka's emotional support of each other being rendered garbled and inaudible because they were both crying so much... it's an unnecessarily stressful period for them, but I'm sure things will turn out okay because (Unlike the love triangle between Madoka, Mami, and Homura) this is a problem that they face together and will bring them closer rather than tear them apart.

The most recent update to Madoka Stands Alone was a great read. I smiled at "My... you two certainly like planning a lot without my input, don't you?" The cold anger Hitomi displayed here was delicious, and I was glad to see that sort of anger-restrained-but-boiling-under-the-surface element permeate the rest of this section. The meeting between the puella magis in Homura's hidden clock world was an awesome read, it was nice to see everyone's thinly-veiled anger come rushing to the surface. This is becoming such a huge clusterfuck, with the magical girls breaking down into their own personal civil war... I think Hitomi is clearly in the wrong here, her hurts are understandable but her response is so extreme that it brings her well into 'reprehensible bitch' territory, though it will be interesting to see whose side (If anyone's) Madoka, Homura, and Kyouko take in this debacle. Eagerly looking forward to the next installment.

So with the April 4th updates finished, we now move along to yesterday's Mami Lives Chapter 9. (I wrote everything before this paragraph last night, but it was getting late so I decided to save the rest of this review for the next day.) I can see why you were eager to have me read this; I'm very familiar with the feeling of being excited to share a new chapter or story with your readers (Seeing as the 3,000+ page story I've made reference to a few times is something I wrote for a very close group of friends), and this chapter is definitely something worth feeling proud of. Paradise sure did come crashing down amazingly hard... just a few chapters ago Madoka and Mami were a couple of lovesick girlfriends without a care or sorrow in the world. I certainly don't envy Madoka, breaking up with Mami right after she sweetly played footsies with her was painful. And god damn, Sayaka ripped Madoka a new one. "Unlike you, I'm faithful to my first love." Ouch. That's harsh.

Fate has much worse things in the cards than severed friendships, of course. It's only natural that some broken hearts would result from Madoka's romantic conflict, but things take a far more tragic turn than anyone could've expected in both of these bad endings. I can't remember if any ending up to this point has been designated a 'Bad ending' (Though there's certainly been some tragic ones), but this certainly did have the most lifelong scarring impact upon Madoka. My mind reeled a lot from just how deep an impact Madoka's decision resulted in... I certainly shared Madoka's feelings over what must have been the worst decision she ever made in her life, something that punished her far worse than she deserved. Candeloro's Revenge might have been even better. Excellent choice of music there, certainly appropriate for the occasion (That song from School Days coming from the darkest moments of a series smothered in depression and tragedy). I always thought that Sayaka's Witch Realm from episode 9 was a fascinating tribute to all her hurt and pain, and to that purpose Mami's realm was likewise just as effective and powerful - perhaps even moreso knowing that you (as in the player) are the one responsible for creating it. Madoka's depiction as a prostitute was a great symbol of Mami's bitter feelings towards her, and her silent, wicked smile was delightfully creepy. I wonder what the Sayaka familiar is supposed to represent...

And lastly comes some more (Thankfully monogamous) romance with Sayaka. Apparently Madoka isn't the only one that Sayaka's handing out verbal tonguelashings too... "You usually don't pay any attention to my daily life. If doing something to displease you and mom was the only way to gain your attention, maybe I should have done that a long time ago." Hahaha! That was pretty harsh. Sayaka's hurt was portrayed well here in more ways than just giving one hell of a burn, though; her coldness towards Kotetsu, and refusal to graciously accept any of his attempts to extend an olive branch, makes it clear that this is something that has festered long enough and bore into her deeply enough that this isn't something that can be smoothed over quickly, that Sayaka will forgive very easily. Sayaka's "... Just like four years ago?" is a good example of that, she's not letting Daddy off the hook very easily. Kotetsu's attitude towards their relationship is pretty weak-kneed - fuck society, you should just do whatever makes your daughter happy - though I guess being this intensely occupied with your social standing is a very (unfortunately) Japanese response. Very much looking forward to the confrontation with Nanami that I'm assuming will take place next chapter, too.

That about wraps it up for now. A bit of a shorter post because there were less chapters this time.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 00:57   Link #182
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Sunday, 1:58 PM. At home. Posting a relatively shorter response.

Mami Lives Chapter 9, Mami Route
Spoiler for Mami Romance Route, Chapter 9:

Mami Lives Chapter 9, Sayaka Route
Spoiler for Sayaka Romance Route, Chapter 9:

Last edited by Coldlight; 2012-04-22 at 09:58. Reason: retcon fix
Coldlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 23:09   Link #183
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Hey there Triple R sorry for my late reply, I've been catching up on anime and been playing Devil May Cry HD Collection and Blazblue non-stop. I'm also looking for more info on Under Night/In-Birth a fighting game that's currently in Japanese Arcades and one I want to play so bad!!

Here's the character I'm currently interested in using when the game gets released to North America...I hope.

Spoiler for Orie:

I haven't heard anything from you in days so I checked the this thread and it got updated a couple of days ago.

Well, without further ado, I got the new ClariS album...finally ! I got the tracks on list play and I'm ready to rock and roll!!

Current Madoka x Mami Scenario

Spoiler for New Relationship/Break-Up:

Spoiler for Great News/Juggle State:

Amazing work on this one. I can't wait what you have up your sleeve for the next one.

Current Madoka x Sayaka Scenario

So Mami's house has become MadoSaya's Fortress of Solitude, so to speak. It's also a nice break to see Mami confessing her sexual orientation to Sayaka and Madoka. Like the previous Mami Lives scenarios there was mention of Kyoko whom Mami were partners with but broke it off due to "difference of Witch handling" and could be romantically involved at one point (I disapprove of that pairing 100%) it also showed us more of the insecurities she has when it comes to being left by herself and no one there to be by her side. She knows that Madoka and Sayaka are getting more intimate and feels sort of left out because of that.

Kyubey being a sneaky rat as usual and Mami telling him off was a definite highlight of this chapter, nicely done "thumbs up".

Sayaka's confrontation with her dad and telling him her honest feelings regarding their relationship and how she's handle her love for Madoka if society were to scorn them for the relationship they have, was really compelling and showed us a more of Sayaka's chivalrous nature (She wields a sword as a Magical Girl afterall). Like a Prince fighting to be with his Princess, Sayaka was like that to Madoka and showed her father (will even show her mother) her resolve to protect and love her in both painful and good times.

She's definitely a wonderful character and my second favourite for her brave and knightly features that makes her awesome. I truly like seeing news sides to her and reading and seeing her is a pleasure for the eyes.

Phenomenal work on this scenario, I really enjoyed it to its fullest and I can't wait to see what Sayaka will do to prove her resolve and love for Madoka.

Grading Time:

Spoiler for Pros:

Spoiler for Cons:

I'll put my fingers to rest now, I can't wait to see what kind of winner you'll pull of a hat in the next update. I'm truly in love with the new ClariS album. It's like ecstasy for my ears and I can't get enough of it. I love them, they rock! Keep up the amazing work as always Triple R! I'm be patiently waiting!!

Last edited by Kirito; 2012-04-16 at 23:29.
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 23:24   Link #184
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
V0.5 is done, this is the remake of the VN to chapter 5 so no new chapter was added. this would have came out a week ealier if i didn't catch a cold and have a high fever but anyway, download here
V0.5
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?xnsl4ba56q61x7r
Update Patch v0.4->v0.5 (not chapter 1 remake->v0.5) just simply copy all the extracted file from the update patch to v0.4 folder and start the game with Madoka Magica Pure Pink Pretty Lovers v0.5.exe
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?fzaz30lnesej1i2
some screenshot
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

and Triple_R, can you edit the new ver, patch and screenshot to the first post?
I played the update and I'm truly amazed on how well it's done. It's feeling more and more like a VN the more I play it and look at the pictures. Can't wait for new update or patch, keep up the great work !!
Old 2012-04-17, 00:08   Link #185
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Mami Lives Chapter 10
Mami Romance Chain

“Where are you going?”

That's what my mama asked me as I left home around 6:30 PM this evening.

“Oh, just to visit my girlfriend!” I cheerfully replied to her.

If you choose A for M Opportunity Choice 3, read Section Paying Homura a Visit. Otherwise, read Section Paying Mami a Visit.

Spoiler for Paying Homura a Visit:

Spoiler for Paying Mami a Visit:

It was close to 10 PM by the time I arrived home. I quickly apologized to mom for breaking curfew, but mom could thankfully tell how physically exhausted I was, so she just let me be.

This Monday had proved to be a tremendously terrific thrilling day! So much had happened during this day. While it raised a lot of new challenges for me, it also gave me a lot to be excited about. I could only hope that I would handle those challenges well in the days and weeks to come.

__________________________________________________ ___________

Sayaka Romance Chain

It was now Thursday morning. Almost a week had passed since I had accepted Sayaka's romantic confession to me, and ten days had passed since I had first met Homura and Mami. It was amazing to think of how dramatically my life had changed in such a short time!

But in spite of this, I didn't feel disoriented or unhinged about any of these changes in my life. It all felt perfectly natural to me. Becoming friends with Mami was easy since she was such a warm and generous person, and Sayaka had adjusted so quickly to being my girlfriend that I felt that I should do the same as well.

But I think something else might have helped me here. I saw Mami come so breathtakingly close to losing her life against a witch, and my romantic partnership with Sayaka had already been challenged by the strong objections of her mother. Perhaps you quickly take hold and value that which is important to you when they are most clearly threatened. Perhaps that helps to ensure that you never take things for granted.

This thought breezed through my mind while a gentle wind breezed through my air while Sayaka and I walked to school together, holding hands.

Hitomi had text me last night about how she'd be arriving a bit late to school this morning, due to certain family responsibilities. So that thankfully gave Sayaka and I some privacy this morning, allowing Sayaka to talk more easily and openly about certain things.

“Madoka, there's some good news I have to share with you.” Sayaka said to me with a warm smile.

“What's that?” I asked.

“I confronted my dad yesterday evening.” Sayaka began in answer, “I asked him to support the relationship that you and I now have, and to also try to convince my mom to accept it.”

“Wow, that was pretty bold of you, Sayaka!” I exclaimed in reply, “I don't know if I could ever confront my parents like that...”

“Well, I felt I had to do it for our sake, Madoka.” Sayaka said to me.

“Besides, there were other issues I wanted to raise to dad.” Sayaka continued, while suddenly skipping ahead of me, and grinning playfully at me after releasing my hand, “Anyway, the main thing is that he's agreed to support our relationship, and to try to convince my mom to accept it!”

“Oh really?” I asked, perking up in surprise over this.

“Yeah, really!” Sayaka confirmed, amidst a proud chuckle.

“That's great news.” I said, as I placed one hand over my heart, “I really hope that your dad is successful here!”

“Me too.” Sayaka, replied in a smile, “But for now, we'll have to make use of Mami's apartment. And speaking of Mami's apartment...”

Sayaka then placed her hands on her hips and leaned forward to me with a playful grin on her face.

“Mami won't need it today!” Sayaka exclaimed, excitedly finishing off her sentence, “Her, Homura, and that Kyouko she mentioned are all going on a witch-hunt this evening. Mami told me this in an e-mail she sent me late yesterday evening. She said that you and I can make use of her apartment for a couple of hours after school if we'd like to. She intends to leave the door to it unlocked.”

“That... that really is wonderful to hear.” I replied, “It'll be good for us to get to spend some time with each other in private today.”

“Yeah, definitely.” Sayaka replied with a bright, warm, beaming smile towards me, “I'm really looking forward to it, Madoka! But for now, let's just focus on getting through the school day first. I've really fallen behind in my homework lately.”

“Yeah, me too.” I said, while Sayaka chuckled nervously over falling behind in her homework.

Sayaka and I then quickly raced off to school. My heart and spirit felt renewed and uplifted over the excellent news that Sayaka had shared with me this morning! It seemed like everything was going to work out after all.

The school day progressed quickly and without much incident. Sayaka and I had a nice chat while we ate lunch together on the school rooftop. Sayaka told me about some of the plans she made for today. She suggested that before we head to Mami's place later today, that we pick up some ice cream and eat it while enjoying the scenery at the local park. I agreed with that suggestion.

So after school, Sayaka and I walked together through much of the park, before we arrived at a bench. Sayaka asked me to wait at the bench for her while she went to get some ice cream for us. I agreed to that, and waited patiently for Sayaka's return, while enjoying the pleasant surroundings on this sunny afternoon.

It thankfully didn't take long for Sayaka to return with the ice cream. But what surprised me was how she only had one cone! She then handed it to me while she had a big, wide grin on her face. It was a big cone that I needed two hands to hold, and I noticed that it had two nice, plump strawberries on top. But still it was only one cone!

“Sayaka, don't you want some ice cream as well?” I asked in a concerned tone, as I hated the thought of her going without while I ate this big ice cream cone all by myself.

“Of course I do, silly!” Sayaka replied gregariously, “That's why I bought a supersize cone with two strawberries on it for us to share. Anyway, you can start eating it now!”

Sayaka then sat down beside me, and used one hand to flick her hair back as she leaned downwards singling that she intended to dig into it at the same time as I did!

“..Heeeeh?!” I stated, as it occurred to me what this would mean, “B-but if you start eating it at the same time, then...”

“We'll kiss?” Sayaka said, in a lightly erotic tone of voice, “That's the idea, Madoka... I thought it would be great to eat ice cream and share a kiss with you at the same time.”

“B-But what if people see us?” I asked.

“I don't care.” Sayaka answered, in that same lightly erotic tone, “Your parents and mine know about us now. So do Hitomi and Mami. Almost all the people really important to us now know that we're girlfriends. So since they now know, I couldn't care less what some random passerby thinks of us.”

“I... well, I see what you're saying, but...” I began in stammering reply.

“Do you care, Madoka?” Sayaka asked me softly, as she leaned her face close to mine.

I could sense the romantic longing in Sayaka's voice, accentuated by how her eyelids were hanging more softly than usual over her eyes. Not exactly in a trance, but betraying an enchanting infatuation.

“Would you be ashamed to have strangers see you and I kissing each other?” Sayaka asked.

“Of-Of course I wouldn't.” I replied in an admittedly whimpering tone, “I could never be ashamed of us being girlfriends...”

“Nor would I.” Sayaka stated, while smiling seductively at me, “Then let's enjoy the ice cream together...”

“...O-Ok.” I finally capitulated.

As Sayaka and I both started eating the ice cream cone at the same time, I could feel her lips brush up against mine, and her tongue glance the side of my face. Mixed in with the scrumptious taste of the ice cream itself, it sent shivers of disorienting pleasure up my spine. As Sayaka and I continued to eat the ice cream, the taste of her lips became intensely intermingled with the taste of the ice cream itself. I became lost in this moment of sweet delicacy...

Whoa, get a load of that!” I overheard a blonde teenage boy say in a loud whisper to his travelling companion.

“You have your camera with you, right?” he asked in whisper, while taking hold of his friend's lapels to thrust him and his friend behind a nearby tree, trying to prevent Sayaka and I from noticing them, but utterly failing at that.

“Why are you asking?” the boy's friend asked him.

Why am I asking?!” he questioned in stunned shout, “That is insanely hot! How often do you see two cute teenage girls locking lips like that? We have to take some pictures of it!”

“Sunohara, you're just going to get us into trouble. You know that right?” the other boy asked after sighing.

“Sayaka...” I whispered to her, after enjoying a ice creamy kiss, “Maybe we should stop, since...”

“Don't worry about those two boys.” Sayaka whispered in reply to me, “In fact, it's kind of flattering, don't you think? Let's make sure they get good pictures, Madoka...”

“O-Ok...” I replied, feeling very hesitant over it, but not wanting to displease Sayaka.

Plus, I have to admit, that eating this ice cream cone with her was one of the most uniquely pleasurable things that I've ever enjoyed. Hearing a few camera clicks from just behind the bushes thankfully didn't take too much away from that...

After I finished eating the ice cream cone along with Sayaka, I took a moment to catch my breath while wiping my face and lips clean. Sayaka did the same.

“So...” she began, oddly a bit blushingly and shyly given what we had just did, “Are you ready to head off to Mami-san's now, Madoka?”

“Sure.” I replied, but while fighting against cold feet, since I had a suspicion of what Sayaka might be planning to do after we arrived at Mami's place.

After we arrived at Mami's place, it didn't take long for Sayaka to start flirting a bit with me. That soon lead into a very long and steamy kiss, with me wrapping my hands around her waist, and she lovingly stroking my head and hair with her right hand. This kiss was even wetter than the one we just had while eating ice cream together. I could sense such a strong hunger and desire coming from Sayaka as she kissed me right now. It left me so very breathless...

After our kiss finally ended, Sayaka and I gazed deeply into each other's eyes. I was becoming so lost in the moment...

“I love you so much that it almost hurts, Madoka...” Sayaka said to me, “I... I hope I'm not overwhelming you, but it's hard for me to hold myself back right now.”

“It's Ok...” I replied, “I'm enjoying it too... I also love you a lot, Sayaka!”

“Then...” Sayaka began, albeit while looking a bit more nervously than before, “... t-there's something I'd like for us to do together, Madoka.”

I could tell what Sayaka was referring to. Part of me was fearful of that, as it's something I've never experienced before. And Sayaka and I have been girlfriends for only a week or so! But at the same time, we've been best friends for several years. And that's a big part of the reason why I eventually consented to Sayaka's request. She's a very trustworthy friend, and so I knew I could trust her with close intimacy as well. Over the next hour, Sayaka and I would make love to one another.

I felt so incredibly happy and blissful in the aftermath of that, as Sayaka held me in her arms.

“I really do want you to be my wife someday, Madoka...” she said to me.

I cried tears of joy over the thought of that.

But this evening of pure bliss would prove fleeting, as soon a new challenge would arise for Sayaka and I...

I'm glad we were able to defeat that witch quickly.” I said to my two partners this evening, Kyouko Sakura and Homura Akemi.

This was the comment I made as the witch's barrier phased out, and the real world came back into focus.

“Agreed.” Akemi-san replied to my comment, “Her sprouting thistles attacks could have left us with some nasty wounds.”

Kyouko, Akemi, and I were all now standing on the rooftop of one of the buildings in a heavy industrial area. Thankfully, there appeared to be no night-shift workers nearby to take notice of us.

“I would have preferred a bit more of a challenge, really.” Kyouko said, while scratching the side of her head, and chewing some pocky, “But I guess most witches would go down easy to the combined efforts of three magical girls!”

“It's not just that.” Akemi-san said, as she picked up the Grief Seed left behind by the witch, “Our hard and fast victory over this witch shows that our practice is paying off. We're starting to work well as a team.”

“That's no surprise.” I said with a smile, while shifting my eyes towards Kyouko, “After all, Kyouko and I worked as a Puella Magi for a long time. So it felt... comfortingly familiar to fight alongside you again, Kyouko.”

“Yeah, well...” Kyouko began, in a mixture of irritation and bashfulness, “Your fighting style is great, Mami, and it compliments my own. But still, you've gone crazy lately!”

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“It's one thing to use your Puella Magi powers to hunt down familiars, as much as I disagree with it.” Kyouko exclaimed in response, “But at least familiars are part of our world. It's magic against magic! But while on our way here, Homura and I caught sight of you using your magic to scare away a couple thugs! Damn, girl, we're not some cartoony 'defenders of law and order' here!”

“Those 'thugs' were about to rape a poor defenceless woman.” I replied, “I couldn't turn away from that, Kyouko. Not when I knew that I had the power to stop them. Also, as a good friend of mine once said 'with great power comes great responsibility'.”

“That's a noble sentiment.” Akemi-san interjected, “But we can't afford it right now. Not until Walpurgis Night is defeated. Please conserve your magical energy going forward. Especially since this Grief Seed...”

Akemi-san then briefly paused mid-sentence while throwing the Grief Seed over to Kyouko, which she easily caught.

“...Is half of the payment I'm giving to Kyouko for her help.” Akemi-san finished.

“It's good to know that at least one of us here as our priorities straight!” Kyouko exclaimed with a smug smirk on her face.

“Actually, my dear, there's at least two of us here like that.” I heard a completely unfamiliar adult male voice come out of nowhere.

AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!” Kyouko and Homura both cried out, as I saw them suddenly light up like Christmas Trees from some unknown source!

“Kyou-AAAGGGHH!” I cried out in alarm, but while simultaneously getting the wind knocked out of me by being punched hard into my midsection.

The next thing I knew, an adult male hand clasped itself around my neck, and lifted me off of my feet. I grunted in pain, and struggled to get free!

“Unfortunately, I only had two SSS-bots with me.” my assailant said to me, “So that means, crime-fighter, that I'll need to take care of you myself!”

I continued to struggle, albeit in vain, to free myself from this man. I found it hard to breath with his fingers pressing against my neck, and that also served to sap my vitality from me. So I summoned forth some magical yellow strands, and tried to wrap them around this man's legs. But for some reason, those strands seemed to instantly disintegrate once contact was made with his legs. It's as though he has some sort of magic-absorbing shield around him!

I was starting to panic. To try to calm myself, I focused squarely on my assailant.

He had bright green hair and eyebrows. His facial features were sharp and angular. His eyes were beady. He wore a purple business suit with a white shirt underneath. Most notably, he wore a large, green, malleable Soul Gem in the shape of a necktie, around his neck! B-but men can't have Soul Gems... can they?

“Shocked, aren't you?” he asked me with a saucy grin on his face, “But don't worry. If your friend, Madoka, agrees to the ransom demand I'll be sending her, you'll soon get all the answers to all the questions currently running through your head. Until then... good night.”

AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!” I cried, as my body was completely overwhelmed by a greenish blast of magical energy surging forth from this man, rendering me unconscious...

Aaahhh...” the green-haired man said, with a quick release of supreme satisfaction, “I always love it when a good plan works as it was intended to! Speaking of which, Incubator, are those other two magical girls also unconscious but alive?”

“Yes!” Kyubey confirmed in answer, “Our plan does indeed seem to be working as intended, Emperor Jinnai!”

“So the key then is this Kaname Madoka.” Jinnai stated, “You're confident, Incubator, that she'll agree to make any wish for me in return for the promise of these three magical girls being released?”

“Madoka doesn't know Kyouko Sakura, but she does know Akemi Homura, and she's very good friends with Mami Tomoe.” Kyubey replied, “So as payment for the safe return of all three of these girls, Madoka will make almost any ransom wish that you could desire!”

Excellent.” Jinnai said, as a devious grin washed across his face, “I think, Incubator, that this city deserves a better class of criminal. And I'm going to give it to them! Bwa-ha-ha-Ha-Ah-Ha-HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

To Be Continued...

--------------------------

Ok, in addition to this update, there's a lot I have to state here.

To start off, for the Sayaka section, I've linked to a couple pictures that inspired specific scenes in that section. I hope that fans of this section enjoy those pics as I did.

Next, Deikan, your comment on lack of depth is heard loud and clear. Let me address that in a few ways.

I'll be honest here - This fanfic project has only been possible due to how I've had a relatively high amount of free time the past few months. That may well end soon (within a month or so). So just in case I won't have the free time to keep writing this fanfic as much as I'd like to, I want to have at least a satisfying conclusion to it done before life gets busier for me (the last thing I want is for this to be left unfinished).

Now, that being said... You know how complete anime shows sometimes have special OVA follow-ups? Well, if I have some extra free-time after I'm completed this fanfic, you might see Epilogues or Spin-Offs similar to that. With those, I wouldn't have to balance established lore (Walpurgis Night having to be dealt with, for example) with drama/action with romance. The Epilogues/Spin-Offs could focus squarely on romance/character development, and maybe flesh things out a bit more. For example, I might have one that focuses a lot on Mami and ClariS.

Still, another issue has been how Mami Lives now has three Chains going on. I fear that balancing them all is making it harder for me to do justice to either of them.

So, my next update on this thread will be all Madoka Stands Alone, where I intend to have a lot of depth, and I also hope to have that up by the end of the week at the latest. One update for that section and that section alone.

Then I'll get back to Mami Romance/Sayaka Romance (and the next update for that will be long/detailed, I can assure you).

Now, for those wondering about why Jinnai is showing up here now. Well, for my plans for Mami Lives, Sayaka Romance to work out, I needed a villain. I needed a villain that poses a direct physical threat and has a discernible personality (the first criteria ruling out Kyubey, the second ruling out a witch). Instead of creating yet another OC, I figured it would be better to just use Jinnai again. Don't worry, he won't play as large a role in this chain as he does in the Homura/Sayaka Alliance chain.

And I think that's everything. Oh, wait, no - Slight error correction.

Mami Lives Chapter 9, Sayaka Romance Section was actually on a Wednesday, not a Tuesday, going by in-canon chronology.

And now that's all, I think.

I eagerly await any and all replies, and I thank Dr. Casey, Deikan, and Coldlight for their latest reviews!

Last edited by Triple_R; 2012-05-20 at 20:36.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 15:15   Link #186
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Hey there Triple R! I read the scenarios over again and I now I know how to convey my thoughts and feedback to this update. Like usual I have some ClariS playing on my RoP, and now I'm ready to roll.

Current Madoka x Mami Scenario

Spoiler for "Uwakoi" Relationship Starts:

Spoiler for Potential Idol Mami:

Phenomenal work on this scenario, I truly enjoyed reading it and I look forward to what going to happen next.

So Hitomi has "certain family responsibilities" does it have to do with Kamijou...who knows.

Sayaka resolve to protect her relationship with Madoka was a bold and brave front that defines her characters. It also shows that even if the parents don't approve she'll keep going because she loves Madoka and wants to love and protect her. The dad will do his best to help, but Sayaka has made her resolve, firm and clear.

The sweets kiss at the park was really cute and heartwarming and this is the first time I've ever seen Sayaka be this bold before. I mean they're kissing in public and people watching, I mean Mami was never this bold, but Sayaka took it to a interesting and unique level. I guess it shows her love in a new and indifferent way because of her desire to protect, comfort, and be attentive to the girl she loves.

At Mami's place or their "Fortress of Solitude" as I'd like to call it. They finally takes their relationship to the point of beyond intimacy and it's prove that the two have grown stronger despite the hassles the troubles that are coming their way, and it looks like there are more to come.

Mami and Kyoko's relationship seems to be improving, and Homura no more the wiser considering that she's doing what she can to prevent Madoka from becoming a magical girl. Looks the partnership is going well between the three, until this happen. So the Alliance Chain villain is making an appearance with Kyubey as a accomplice. No surprise there considering that the rat will use any means to get Madoka into a situation where she'll be forced to make a contract. I wonder how Mami, Kyoko, and Homura are going to handle this new threat, since they're saving their energy to beat Walpurgis Night. This is an interest turn of events, can't wait to see what happens.

I really look forward to see what's going to happen with these chain of events. Great read I really enjoyed it and the two pics were awesome.

Grading Time:

Spoiler for Pros:

Spoiler for Cons:

My fingers need to rest now, and I look forward to see what twists and surprises will come in the next update. Keep up the phenomenal, take your time, I'll be right here waiting!!
Old 2012-04-20, 10:06   Link #187
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Seems it's my turn to reply to multiple updates. On the plus side, the lack of any Hopelessly Horrible Hurricanes should make things a little easier on me.

Spoiler for Ship's Log M-9, April 13:

Spoiler for Ship's Log M-10, April 17:

Anyway... Nice job on the updates. And I'm sorry it took so long to respond to Chapter 9...
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...

Last edited by Kogetsu Shirogane; 2012-04-20 at 11:14. Reason: ... morbid joke was morbid...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 09:51   Link #188
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Seems like I caught a strain of a certain someone's alliteration bug.

Mami Lives Chapter 10, Mami Route
Spoiler for Mami Romance Route, Chapter 10:

Mami Lives Chapter 10, Sayaka Route
Spoiler for Sayaka Romance Route, Chapter 10:

10:50 PM. Sunday. Posting response.
Old 2012-04-25, 14:29   Link #189
Triple_R
*Author

I have a sad but necessary announcement to make.

My computer recently broke down on me, completely.

I'm not sure of how long it'll be before I'll be able to get it replaced. It will likely take awhile. At least a week and a bit.

In the interim, I'll be able to use my sister's laptop for some basic things - Accessing the internet, posting on this site, even watching a few anime episodes through it.

But fanfic writing is not something I'll likely be able to do on it.

So, I'm afraid I'll be putting this fanfic on temporary hold for at least a week or two, possibly (but hopefully not) longer.

There are a couple silver linings here. For one, it might give previous regular readers a change to catch up, and share their thoughts. Secondly, the "mental break" that comes with putting a fanfic on hold might be good for me re-evaluating the fanfic more "from afar", so to speak. To better determine what is working here, and what maybe isn't.

With that in mind, I know some AS users have been following this fanfic regularly, but have never replied to it. This might be a good chance for you to share your thoughts on it. Constructive Criticism is very much welcomed here.

Any way, that's all.

Sorry for the disappointment here. Let's just hope for the best.
Old 2012-04-25, 18:05   Link #190
Seitsuki
Onee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Well, if I do find someone who can draw (alas, I can't draw well myself ), I definitely will get back to you.
Is this still an issue?
Old 2012-04-25, 19:05   Link #191
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Is this still an issue?
Not as much now because we have VN-style sprites for most of the main characters.

However, we could still use help with a few things...

1, Beach scene and associated OC Witch (it's in one of the Mami Lives Chapters). VN Sprite-style Mami and Madoka in swimsuits would also be helpful here.

2, Sayaka's dad (I'll reveal here that he's heavily inspired by Tiger and Bunny's Kotetsu Kaburagi, hence the same first name). We definitely could use a sprite of him.

3. Emperor Jinnai (also heavily inspired by an anime character of the same name). A drawing of a fight scene or two between him and Madoka that would be really nice. As would a sprite of him, of course.

4. Hitomi in magical girl format, as a VN style-sprite.

5. At least one more OC witch.

6. Some of the spicier scenes, shall we say.

If you'd like to try your hand at drawing/coloring either of these, I'm sure that Kimidori and I would be both very thankful for it. Really, aside from my new comp issues, these are our last practical concerns.
Old 2012-04-25, 19:28   Link #192
Seitsuki
Onee!

Do you have any examples of the sprites you're using?

Edit: Also, have you guys ever made a sort of art direction compilation? CGs needed, possibly more unique BGs you can't get stocks of, etc

Last edited by Seitsuki; 2012-04-25 at 19:50.
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 21:29   Link #193
Triple_R
*Author

Mami Lives Chapter 11
Sayaka Romance

"Madoka, you have to get up!"

That was the voice of Kyubey I heard, I think. It was hard to know for sure as I was still groggy, having just woken up.

It was now Friday morning. I had a dream overnight. A dream about Sayaka and I. I dreamed of her and I having a family together like what my mama and papa have now. It was a very happy dream, and I felt a deep and abiding determination to make that dream a reality!

But as I awoke in bliss over such thought, this dream would soon give way to more pressing concerns.

“...Kyubey?” I asked of him, after yawning, “Why are you here? I don’t mean to be rude, but… how many times are Sayaka and I going to have to…”

“There's something urgent we need to talk about Madoka!” Kyubey exclaimed to me, interrupting me, “Mami, Homura, and Kyouko have all been kidnapped!”

“...Eeehhhh!” I uttered in horror and shock, after blinking uneasily over Kyubey's words.

Kyubey then went on to tell me how he was given a ransom note from some mysterious person who was demanding to meet with me on the rooftop of my school at 9:30 PM, Friday night. Kyubey had been told by this kidnapper to pass the ransom note unto me!

Enclosed within a sealed envelope was a short hand-written letter and... and pictures of Homura, Mami, and Kyouko all unconscious! They were all bound and tied up in a strange place that I didn't recognize! The hand-written letter was straight and to the point, stating that if I ever wanted to see these three girls alive again that I had to arrive at the assigned meeting place, and that Kyubey and I were to come there alone. The kidnapper also wrote that if I met one specific request tonight that he would release all three girls.

I desperately wanted to tell my mom, or call the police, or talk to Sayaka about this, but Kyubey went to great lengths to discourage me from doing that. He told me that we shouldn't risk getting anybody else involved given what was wrote in the letter. He had a point, and so I eventually decided that I would go along with the conditions set by the kidnapper. Sayaka would not make that easy though…

On the way to school this Friday morning, I met up with Sayaka and Hitomi at the usual spot. They both waved enthusiastically to me, and shouted good morning to me. I shouted good morning back to them, while forcing a slight smile, trying to hide what was deeply troubling me right now. I also raced over to where they were standing.

After I reached where Sayaka and Hitomi were standing, Sayaka firmly took hold of my hand while making a big, toothy grin. Hitomi blushed uneasily at the gesture, but said nothing to it.

“Sayaka, is this really OK?” I asked, referring to the idea of the two of us walking to school while we held hands.

“It’s fine.” Hitomi interjected, “I know about it now, and I wouldn’t want you two to feel like you can’t be yourselves around me.”

And so the three of us walked on to school. I felt a brief moment of relief over knowing that Hitomi was truly accepting the romantic relationship that Sayaka and I now have. I also felt some relief over the comforting grip of Sayaka herself. But there was an irony here that unsettled me. That irony is that I couldn’t tell Sayaka what was going on, and that made me feel really bad about the circumstances surrounding me right now. I wish that I could turn to Sayaka for help, and I hated the thought of hiding something so important from her, but the kidnapper had left me no choice!

So during the school day, I found it increasingly hard to hide how distracted I was. I couldn’t focus on school itself at all, as my mind would constantly drift back to Mami and Homura. Homura’s absence from class was noticed by most of my classmates but most people just assumed that she was out sick or something. As I overheard my classmates wonder aloud about where Homura might be, I couldn’t help but to allow a dejected look to wash across my face. I think that was a look that Sayaka took notice of.

Eventually Lunch break arrived. Sayaka and I headed to our usual spot on the pure white rooftop of the school. Sayaka sat with her knees pointed upwards, and her arms wrapped around them, so she was leaning forward a bit. I phased out a bit while I ate the meal I had prepared for myself. I remained very silent for awhile, as I found it hard to focus on the here and now. Sayaka kept picking up on all of these hints and questioned me about them.

“Madoka, what’s wrong?” Sayaka asked, “You’ve seemed totally out of it all morning!”

“It’s nothing you need to be concerned about.” I answered.

“It’s nothing I need to be concerned about?” Sayaka repeated in question, stunned by my words, “How could I not be concerned about it?! Madoka, we’re committed girlfriends now! If there’s something that’s troubling you, I absolutely want to know about it.”

“…Please don’t question me about it more.” I said, in a soft but evasive tone, looking away from her, “I can’t stand the idea of being dishonest with you, but this is something I just can’t tell you about!”

“…Why can’t you tell me about it?” Sayaka asked, “You’re making this sound very serious!”

“It is serious.” I replied, as my eyes began to water as a sense of fear and trepidation started to overwhelm me, “And it’ll get you and people we both care about into deep trouble if I tell you about it! That’s why I can’t tell you about it.”

A look of concern as deep as the oceans penetrated my heart as Sayaka gazed into my eyes. Nonetheless, Sayaka took a moment to carefully consider what I had just said before she replied to me again.

“If that’s true, then you yourself must be in big trouble.” Sayaka said, in a low but starkly sombre tone, “How can I be expected to not try to help you through that, Madoka?”

I audibly sighed, and I felt my chest become a bit heavy due to what Sayaka had said.

“I know you want to help me, and I’m really touched by that.” I replied to Sayaka, while forcing back tears, “But please just trust me here, Sayaka. Please just trust that I can handle this! If you don’t trust me, the situation might get far worse.”

Sayaka had a defeated look on her face, even as her hands and arms trembled in irritation over her being kept in the dark about this.

After a tense pause, she nodded weakly to me, which I took to mean that she was trusting me with this. That was a blessed relief to me! While I would have loved to have had Sayaka’s help here, I loathed the thought of endangering her in a situation that she’d best be kept out of.

Lunch break finally ended.

The rest of Friday’s classes seemed to drag on forever, as my thoughts throughout the day were dominated with concerns over Mami and Homura's well-being. I also wondered what this kidnapper could possibly want with me! What was the specific request? Was it something that I would be able to meet? These questions plagued my mind throughout the rest of the day.

Part of me wanted to place unconditional trust in Madoka, but knowing her as I do, I had my doubts that she could handle alone whatever situation that she’s now in. Besides, Madoka was now my girlfriend and my lover! There was simply no way I was going to let her face this situation, whatever it might be, without my aid.

So right after I got home from school, I made an admittedly hasty and emotional decision. I flung my school bag next to the couch, and I kind of deceived my parents.

“Dad!” I shouted out to him, “I’m heading over to a classmate’s place to prepare for an upcoming test! Um… her name is Akemi Homura and she’s really good at school, so I’m getting her help in tutoring me.”

“Heh?” Dad responded, “I never heard of this Akemi Homura before! Why aren’t you going to your friend Hitomi’s instead? She’s a top student!”

“Sorry, dad!” I shouted back at him from across the room, “But I don’t have time to explain. Cya!”

“Wait, Sayaka…!” Dad shouted out to me, while reaching one hand out towards me.

“Dear, there’s someone on the phone for you.” Mom suddenly said to him, thankfully providing added distraction for me here.

The reason I went with Homura instead of Hitomi is precisely because dad doesn’t know Homura. But if he does decide to do some research about her, he’ll find out that she is a top student, so that’ll help my cover story! I couldn’t help but grin a bit over the thought of Homura being useful to me here, in spite of all the heated run-ins we’ve had. As I raced out the front door, I caught bits and pieces of the exchange between mom and dad, but I didn’t catch the name that mom would mention.

“Who is it on the phone?” dad asked, after sighing over me racing off like this, and scratching his head.

“Well, before I answer that, I guess I should apologize to you.” mom replied, “I honestly never imagined that you really were friends with this man!”

“What man?” dad asked.

“The man on the phone asking to talk to you right now!” mom excitedly replied, “The rich and famous North American industrialist named Barnaby Brooks!”

By the time mom had said that, I was already a couple blocks removed from home, and well on my way to Madoka’s home! My plan was to hide out in the foliage around Madoka’s house, and wait to see if anything would happen. If and when something did happen, I would then spring into action.

Unfortunately, hours then passed with little to no activity, and I yawned a bit from boredom. I started to tremble a bit as my stomach grumbled in hunger. I started to wonder if I was truly crazy for doing this. But the thought of Madoka getting badly hurt when I could have protected her was enough to put aside any lingering doubts that I had.

Then, finally, just as I was about to head home and call it quits, I saw Madoka emerge from her home! She was holding her hands nervously directly in front of her breasts, and I could tell that she was deeply troubled. Kyubey was noticeably perched upon her shoulder. Madoka then started to race off towards school!

…Why is she heading to school late on a Friday night? Has Madoka gotten into trouble with some bullies that are extorting her?! Well, I’m going to put an end to that, if that’s the case! So I then carefully followed behind Madoka. I made a point to stay close enough behind her so that I could make out where she was heading, but also far enough behind her so that she couldn’t tell that I was trailing her.

Thankfully, this seemed to be working. But once Madoka and I came within just a few blocks of the school, I heard a loud buzzing noise coming from nearby. Then, just as I was about to walk out from behind a building to continue to trail Madoka, I made out some sort of human-sized bug-like creature shimmering in the moonlight!

… Just what had Madoka gotten herself into?! This tumultuous thought took hold of me as I was shocked at the sight of this weird creature. Was Madoka being manipulated by a witch of some sort? A strange magical girl? Is that why Kyubey was accompanying her?

A cold sweat swept across my head, and I started to feel afraid for my own safety. But I had to protect the girl that I loved with all my heart! I simply had to, no matter what! So while being careful to escape the notice of these flying human-sized bug-like creatures, I followed behind Madoka.

To my surprise, I found that all of the doors of the school were unlocked in spite of how it was completely closed tonight. I could only assume that the kidnapper had seen to this. As I walked through dark, freaky school hallways, I felt similar darkness and fright take hold of my heart. I felt such terribly torturous trepidation over what this kidnapper might ask of me in return for Mami and Homura's release. I hope that whatever he was thinking of asking for is something that I would be able and willing to give...

I finally arrived on the school rooftop, at the spot where Sayaka and I usually go for lunch on schooldays. It felt strange and eerie to be here on a Friday night, but at least a full moon provided some illumination while crisp, cool air refreshed my lungs. With a clenched fist, I firmed myself for this meeting with the mysterious kidnapper.

But this was not enough to prevent me from being shocked and awed by what I would soon see...

I saw some air in front of me seemingly shift into a transparent mercury, which then kinda phased out to reveal something immense and powerful behind it.

There, about five meters in front of me and hovering two meters off the ground, was an immense mechanical flying platform, shaped like a gargantuan beetle! On top of that “beetle” was a makeshift balcony of sorts. Standing in that balcony was one man flanked by three androids shaped like giant bipedal insects, each about the size of a large muscular human male. One of these androids held an unconscious Homura in its arms, another one held an unconscious Mami in its arms, and another held an oddly familiar redheaded girl in its arms… that must be Kyouko! The one that held an unconscious Mami in its arms also had a large gun pointed directly at her head!

The man standing between the three androids had bright green hair and eyebrows. He wore a purple business suit with a white shirt underneath. As much as he reminded me of a certain classic fictional American villain, his facial features were notably Japanese. He also wore something over one eye and the side of his head. Was it some sort of electronic scanner?

His arms were neatly folded across his chest, and he had this disturbingly hungry grin on his face that made me cringe in fear and want to run away... Most importantly, though, he seemed to have a large, green, malleable Soul Gem in the shape of a necktie, around his neck!

“I'm pleased to see you've chosen to be cooperative.” he said to me, “My stealth reconnaissance units have informed me that you've come alone, as requested. Excellent. Then let's not waste time here, and get down to busin...”

“Wait!” I shouted at him, as I was very curious over his necktie, “Is that... is that a Soul Gem that you're wearing?”

“Yes, it is!” he exclaimed in enthusiastic answer, “Like your friend Mami Tomoe, I'm a magical human.”

“But Kyubey...” I said, as I turned my head towards him, “Didn't you tell me that only teenage girls could contract with you?”

“That was not always the case.” Kyubey began in answer, “There was a time when my people and I were willing to contract with all humans, of all ages. But for various reasons, we eventually decided to contract only with teenage girls.”

“I see.” I said.

Curiosity continued to get the best of me, as I found myself asking the strange magical man before me another question.

“...What did you wish for when you become a magical human?” I asked him.

A wide, proud smile spread across his face after I asked this question.

“I wished for what any sane man would.” he began in answer, before triumphantly gesturing one arm upwards, “I wished for unlimited power!

“Unlimited power...” I said breathlessly, overwhelmed by his answer, “But then... then why do you need to get anything from me?!”

“Kyubey and his people aren't omnipotent.” he answered, “Nor is the magical potential flowing within us humans. So when I wished for “unlimited power” it didn't grant me omnipotence, but simply an endless and vast supply of pure magical energy.”

As he said this, he stretched out one arm, and held his hand palm up with his fingers in a clawing position. Then I saw green fiery energy form all over his hand!

“I am no mere Magus, and I am more powerful than any Puella Magi.” he explained in boast, “I am a Magus battery! I once dreamed of finding ultimate weapons to achieve my greatest ambitions, but now I myself am an ultimate weapon. Also, due to my unlimited power, I never need to use Grief Seeds to cleanse my Soul Gem. My own magical energies suffice.”

Everything about this man was incredible and freakish to me. His actions, his wish, his power, his desires... I felt like I couldn't relate to them at all! I mean, I had wanted power to help others, but not for its own sake! This man represented an approach to life that seemed totally alien to me even while his facial features were Japanese.

“Since you are naturally intrigued by the great mysterious Conqueror before you, let me reveal more about myself to you.” he continued, as he proudly placed one hand over his heart, “You may call me Emperor Jinnai. As we humans measure time, I became a magical human back in the middle of the 1990s! My new powers better enabled me to create and lead a large army, which I have since used to conquer five different alien planets as I travelled the stars!”

Amazing... Horrifyingly amazing...

“But these planets all had a very low population relative to Earth, which I have to admit made them much easier to conquer.” he continued, “For me to conquer my own planet of birth by conventional means would involve a long and brutal slog, likely leaving much of Earth a ruinous mess unfit to rule. So this is where you come in, my dear!”

This 'Emperor Jinnai' then snapped his fingers, and I noticed a whirring sound and fearsomely glowing eyes come from the android holding Mami in its arms.

“I have just activated Tetsuo 11 to immediately start shooting at Mami Tomoe if you utter a single word.” he stated.

My eyes grew wide in stunned horror over what he had just said. I wanted to scream out “Why?!” but I refrained from doing so. I didn't want to take the risk that Jinnai wasn't bluffing!

“Good.” he said, noticing my silence and how I swallowed hard, “I suspected you would know how to react there. This measure is unfortunate, but necessary to ensure that you don't try to double-cross me by changing your wish in the middle of voicing it!”

My wish? What did he mean by that?

“There is one precise sequence of words that you can voice which Tetsuo 11 has been programmed to allow without firing at Mami Tomoe.” Jinnai continued in explanation, “They are 'I wish for Emperor Jinnai to become the absolute Monarch of the entire planet of Earth'.”

...Now it became clear to me. As generally incomprehensible as I found this 'Emperor' and his ambitions to be, it was now clear what his 'one specific request' was. He wanted me to wish for him to become the ruler of Earth! That was why he wanted Kyubey to come along with me, as Kyubey would be needed to grant the wish.

“I can tell by the look on your face that you've already figured out what my specific request of you is.” he said, “Grant that request, and these three girls will be returned to you unharmed. You have two minutes to decide if you will grant my request or not. My request for you to make the wish of “I wish for Emperor Jinnai to become the absolute Monarch of the entire planet of Earth”. If you decide to grant that request, nod approvingly. Otherwise, I'm afraid that Mami Tomoe’s hair will soon resemble Swiss cheese more than cheesy curls.”

This Jinnai was unflinchingly ruthless. I could tell that now, as beads of nervous sweat formed on the side of my head. Every fibre of my being was telling me that this was an evil man, if ever there was one. Should I actually trust him with ruling Earth?!

Still, I couldn't let him kill Mami. I just couldn't! The thought was too horrible to think of. And so, with many worries plaguing my mind, I nonetheless nodded approvingly of his request. A haughty open smile washed across Jinnai's face, as his eyes also lit up.

“Then do it!” he exclaimed excitedly, “Make the wish!”

Don’t do it, Madoka!” I suddenly heard the shout of Sayaka!

My eyes went wide in total shock over Sayaka somehow being here! I almost instinctively shouted out Sayaka’s name at the sight of her, until I instantly remembered how my voice saying the wrong words could cause Mami’s death! As such, I bit my lip to keep myself from shouting out what I wanted to.

Sayaka raced towards me from seemingly out of nowhere. She then stood in front of me, throwing one arm in front of me while she glared at Emperor Jinnai.

“How the hell did my stealth reconnaissance units miss a normal teenage girl?!” Jinnai fumed at the sight of Sayaka.

“I listened to your sick little spiel to Madoka!” Sayaka sneered at Jinnai, “I don’t know how much of what you said is actually true, but it doesn’t matter. I’m not going to let you force Madoka into making a wish that she doesn’t want to make!”

“Big talk from a normal human!” Jinnai sneered in reply, while scowling downwards at Sayaka, “Just what do you think…”

“I’m going to make a wish to stop you!” Sayaka exclaimed, pumping one fist and interrupting Jinnai, “I wish for you to leave Earth for…”

But before Sayaka could finish her wish, Jinnai had seemingly teleported over to where she was, and had clasped his open palm over her mouth! So the last words of Sayaka’s wish were hence muffled badly. But just to be on the safe side, I guess, Jinnai simultaneously shot an intensely hot green flame at Kyubey from out of his free hand. Kyubey screamed in pain as he was incinerated by the blast!

All I could do while this was all going on was pay close attention to Jinnai and Sayaka. Jinnai started to slowly rise into the air, with one hand clasped firmly around Sayaka’s mouth, and another hand holding her neck tightly in its grip! Sayaka’s eyes started to water from the pressure and pain inflicted upon her by Jinnai's hands. She pulled hard at his hands with her own hands, while her legs flailed about in the air, in futile struggle to break free.

“You’ve ruined everything!” Jinnai angrily sneered at her, with a fearsome frown on his face, “I’m going to make you pay for that, you bumbling blue-haired bitch!”

Oh no! It looked like Sayaka was in grave danger! And there was nothing that I could do to help her.

But then…

Get away from my daughter!” I heard a shout from… Kotetsu Miki!

Just as that shout was made, I saw a man in highly advanced, green and black and white full-body armour, land a devastating descending dropkick on Emperor Jinnai’s face! Jinnai was knocked off of Sayaka by this attack, and the armoured man quickly took hold of Sayaka to fly her safely down to the school ceiling below.

“…D-dad?!” Sayaka stated breathlessly, while looking at the facial portion of the armoured man, “Is that actually you in there?!”

“Yes, but I don’t have time to explain all the details.” Kotetsu replied, as he lowered Sayaka right next to me, “You and Madoka go take cover! I’ll deal with this insane criminal!”

“Oh will you now?” came the mocking voice of Emperor Jinnai, as he was already back on his feet and glaring menacingly towards Kotetsu.

Sayaka instinctively wrapped her arms around me, and held her back tight against the armoured back of her father.

“Kidnapping and extorting a bunch of kids.” Kotetsu said in a low but starkly serious tone to Jinnai, “That’s definitely not cool. Not cool at all.”

“You’re right.” Jinnai replied with a malevolent smirk, “I’m not cool. I BURN!”

Jinnai then threw one straight arm and open palm outwards, emitting an immense blast of intensely hot greenish flame from it! But that flame struck up against an energy shield emission coming from Kotetsu’s suit.

“A NFM shield*?” Jinnai asked Kotetsu, while raising an eyebrow, “Not bad. But all the tech in this entire world won’t be enough to enable one man alone to defeat me!”

“He’s not alone!” I heard a new and completely unfamiliar voice.

Jinnai was then roughly shoulder-tackled by the person who made that statement. Like Sayaka’s father, this person was wearing a high-tech armoured suit! But his suit was red and black and white.

“Kotetsu has the aid of his friend, Barnaby Brooks!” this new voice said, continuing his statement to Jinnai.

Barnaby Brooks…” Sayaka said in breathless shock, “H-he’s the famous industrialist from America! So dad really is friends with him!”

“Mami! Homura!” I shouted over to them, as I noticed that they were now on their feet.

“We’re both fine now, as is Kyouko.” Mami said a bit weakly, “This Barnaby Brooks used some sort of technology to help awaken and heal us!”

“He also destroyed these disgusting-looking robots!” Kyouko added

“It looks like he’s now attending to our kidnapper as well.” Homura stated.

The night sky was adorned by reddish, greenish, and purplish streaks, as well as the sound of cacophonous clangs, as Kotetsu and Barnaby struck against Jinnai! The three were embroiled in a fierce combat. Their fighting spilled over to the parking lot just behind the school!

“Kotetsu!” Barnaby shouted at him, “My scanner indicates that his neck tie is somehow his power supply! So that’s what we must focus on.”

“Right!” Kotetsu exclaimed in reply, while Barnaby delivered a kick to the back of Jinnai’s head to distract him.

“Now!” Barnaby shouted.

“Got it!” Kotetsu replied.

Good Luck Mode… Kotetsu’s armoured arm suddenly grew larger, with the sound of pistons pumping!

Good Luck Mode… Barnaby’s armoured foot suddenly grew larger, with scintillating sparks flying off of it!

“GggeeaAaaAAAhhh!!!” Kotetsu grunted.

“KkkKeeeaaAAAHH!!” Barnaby grunted.

3... 2... 1!

~Tiger and Bunny~… ~Over and Out!~

A blindingly brilliant collection of lights converged together, as did Kotetsu’s punch and Barnaby’s kick! They struck against Jinnai’s greenish Soul Gem neck tie, causing it to crack open.

Gggaaahhh!!!” Jinnai grunted in pain as he was flung violently backwards.

“We did it!” exclaimed Kotetsu, making a fist pump.

My, what dashing heroics!” Mami said.

“Not bad…” Kyouko said, finding herself oddly moved by just those same heroics, “Not bad at all.”

“Sayaka, is that man in the green armoured suit really your father?” Homura asked her.

“Yes…” Sayaka said, scantly believing it herself, but while also beaming with pride, “Yes, he is!”

“Is he down for the count?” Kotetsu asked Barnaby, referring to Jinnai.

“His power supply is leaking energy fast.” Barnaby answered, “This energy is strange. It’s off the charts, and I’ve seen nothing like it before!"

Jinnai then rose to his feet, with his hair and clothes dishevelled. His nose was also bleeding, and misty greenish energy poured out of his partially shattered neck-tie.

Damn you all!” he loudly exclaimed while his mouth contorted in rage, “I assure you, this is not the en… AAAAGGGGHHH!!!”

But Jinnai then collapsed back down to the ground, writhing in pain, as his magical energies leaked out of his broken Soul Gem, covering his entire body in them!

“His energy supply is going to blow!” Barnaby shouted in desperation, “We have to get out of here now!”

“I’ll get my daughter and Madoka!” Kotetsu replied to him, “You take care of the three cosplayers!”

“Right!” Barnaby shouted.

Kotetsu then soared rapidly towards Sayaka and I, quickly gathering us both up into his two armoured arms! Sayaka and I were left a bit disoriented, and out of breath, by just how fast everything was happening!

But after we were well-clear of the school, Kotetsu thankfully slowed down, letting Sayaka and I both catch our breaths.

But then… what we saw behind us was very sad.

A greenish mushroom-cloud explosion! It had left a humongous crater in its wake, and it had obliterated almost all of Mitakihara Middle School!

“I-I guess we might not be going to school for awhile.” Sayaka said nervously, at the sight of our school getting destroyed along with Jinnai himself.

“True, but at least we’re all now safe.” I replied, “Thanks a lot for coming to help me, Sayaka!”

Sayaka lovingly smiled at me over me thanking her.

“I’ll always be there to help you, Madoka.” Sayaka said to me, “So please don’t keep me in the dark like this again! But anyway, the person both of us have to thank… is you, dad.”

Kotetsu remained silent at his daughter’s sweetly-toned words here, but he wouldn’t be silent for long. Sayaka wrapped her arms appreciatively around the armoured neck of her father.

“It might not make up for everything…” Sayaka continued, while addressing her father, “But you were really cool tonight, dad! You… you’re actually a hero! You’re a hero to both Madoka and me.”

“That… that means more to me than anything else ever could.” Kotetsu replied, amidst sobs of joy.

But as Kotetsu Miki sobbed during this touching moment, Sayaka and I couldn’t help but to laugh a bit over his endearingly soft-hearted response. It was good to see how Sayaka’s dad was willing to let his softer side show.

Today Emperor Jinnai was soundly defeated, once and for all! Also, the bond between Sayaka and her father has been strengthened greatly, which hopefully should help Sayaka get her parents to accept the relationship that her and I both share now.

But many questions still remain. Most of them posed by Sayaka’s dad apparently being old friends with the famous American Barnaby Brooks! Barnaby Brooks is amongst the richest men in the entire world, and owns his own large robotics and computer engineering company! If he finds out about the world of magical girls and witches, then…

But I try not to worry about this, or about what will become of Sayaka and I in the wake of our school being destroyed. Hopefully it’ll all work out. Most hopefully, Sayaka and I will enjoy the lasting romance that we both so dearly desire…

To Be Concluded!

*Nanomist Freezing Molecular

__________________________________________________ _

And this fanfic is finally getting updated again!

However, due to how I lost all my 'game data' for this, I have to recalculate a lot of things.

That's why I'm focusing on Mami Lives, Sayaka Romance for now, and taking it to the end before I get back into other routes. No game choices are relevant for this chapter. It's all straightforward here on out for ML, SR!

Now then, this first update in weeks might be controversial, lol, but I hope people enjoy it all the same. If nothing else, I think that Tiger and Bunny fans might get a kick out of it During some of the final few episodes of Tiger and Bunny, it struck me how the male lead Kotetsu was a fair bit like Sayaka, so I figured it might be neat to base Sayaka's father heavily on Kotetsu Kaburagi. And so, here you go, Tiger and Bunny to the rescue! This also, of course, helped to add some action-packed spice to a romance route that was otherwise largely lacking it.

A lot of this is admittedly taken straight out of a similar scenario in the Homura/Sayaka Alliance chain. I didn't really see the point in re-writing certain sections here that would work, I think, just as well by simply borrowing chunks from that HSA chain section.

All of the clickable lines in this update links to songs that I think go well with the section that comes after it. Please listen to them as you read the associated sections to get more of that full VN effect!

Any and all feedback on this update is very welcomed, especially given the long layoff.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2013-08-13 at 12:20.
Old 2012-05-06, 23:33   Link #194
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Great to finally see you're back with an update Triple R considering your comp situation and everything. Well I took over 20 minutes reading it and this will be a short but informative post. The reason why it'll be short will be explained.

You know the drill: got some ClariS playing and I'm ready to go!

There wasn't much of a romance going on in this scenario rather than dealing with Madoka being put into a situation where she's forced to make a contract, and the twists that comes with it.

Spoiler for Madoka's Feelings:

Spoiler for Sayaka's Feelings:

As for the Jinnai and Kotetsu battle. I don't know what to make of it because I never watched Tiger and Bunny to be honest. The fight scene was nicely written and the superhero father thing was a nice twist in itself...nicely done! I'm not really into the whole Sentai hero thing as much as I was a kid with the Power Rangers and everything, but this Kotetsu, like Sayaka, is a gutsy, heroic kind of character. It kind of sparked my interest to watch Tiger and Bunny now, great job on the battle and the sudden twist with the dad being a hero, which has been done, but has to be done right and you did that. Well done, great work as always!!

Spoiler for Pros:

Spoiler for Cons:

No Mami and ClariS scenario yet I'm sad! But considering your comp situation it's understandable. I'm going to watch Tiger and Bunny since this scenario got me interested. Excellent work as always, until then, take it easy, I'll be right here waiting!!
Old 2012-05-07, 23:21   Link #195
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Okay, let me just start off by saying "welcome back." I know you didn't really go anywhere, but it still feels appropriate.

The next thing I'd like to say, as I keep forgetting it while talking about posts containing music links, is that I love the song choices here... to the point I was actually tempted on jokingly linking to a song to go with my review of this sonic boom of an update. Of course, I realized the idea was too silly, so I decided against it. I mean, that theme can't possibly go with everything.

Anyway, I'm dropping the nautical theme for this one, simply because I think this fits better.

Spoiler for Super "Skittles" Showdown!:
At any rate, this was a very nice penultimate chapter. Definitely worth the wait for me. Looking forward to the conclusion of this.

Guess I should say one last thing, even though it's not exactly reviewish. Hopefully you can get things figured out with the data side of things soon. I kinda know the feeling of having to basically start from scratch with things due to a dead computer, so I'd imagine this is all pretty rough on you.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 06:13   Link #196
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Thanks for the update. It's a really big bummer that you lost all your 'game data', though. Hopefully your actual ideas for the fanfic are stored safely in that other storage "device" of yours.

Mami Lives Chapter 11, Sayaka Route:
Spoiler for Sayaka Romance Route:

About the music, I admit that I didn't really listen to the ones that were prescribed. I found myself enjoying the full versions of marshmallow justice and Naisho no Hanashi too much to listen to anything else while reading. Though I would add that I didn't really enjoy the "rock" version of Sayaka's theme. I loved the original version of Decretum, but that one didn't really sound like rock to me...

As with Kogetsu, I'm looking forward to the ultimate, concluding chapter for Sayaka's route.
Old 2012-05-19, 02:37   Link #197
Dr. Casey

This is normally where I'd post about how I'm rather late in posting a review, but by this point I guess that me being a slowpoke is just something that you should be able to take for granted. School's pretty tiresome, and my Alzheimer's grandmother is becoming no easier to take care of. I do always read the story quickly after your updates, though, because this story's the best. <3

Okay, starting off with the branch of Mami Lives 10 where Madoka cheats on her with Homura... I laughed at the part where Madoka considers wearing sexy underwear during her visit to Homura's place, only to remember that she doesn't have any. That was cute. And then I cringed just a few sentences later, whenever she says that Homura might be the sexiest person she's ever met. To so quickly have stronger feelings of attraction towards a simple friend than the girlfriend you've kissed and spent some intimate nights with... damn, that is harsh. Poor Mami, Madoka's going to break her heart so badly that she might've been better off with Charlotte. ;_;

Hm, I think there might've been a slight mistake at this point: "After doing so, I took off my shoes, and took in the interior decor. That showed that Homura had a really exotic taste! Homura had paintings on her wall that were of such a strikingly surreal quality." Were the second and third sentences here meant to be reversed? This is the only potential mistake I was able to find, though, because otherwise Madoka's secret tryst with Homura was perfect. Time will tell whether this love affair is likewise a mistake (Seeing as the Bad Endings in this story tend to be brutal), but for the time being Madoka cheating on her girlfriend is a sexy mistake, at least. The existence of the spiral staircase was a nice touch that lended nicely to the atmosphere of Homura's home as being elegant and sensual, and the idea of Post-Massurrealism is neat and nicely lends to the story's setting of taking place in the moderately distant future (Since Massurrealism is still a fairly new genre of art, with the term being coined a mere 20 years ago). I wonder what Junko would think of this... she's very calm and understanding, but somehow I have trouble imagining her approving of Madoka's actions here. I'm thinking that she would be understanding and try to avoid laying a guilt trip on Madoka, but firmly advise her to get out of this situation before she hurts someone.

So, moving along to the reality where Madoka's faithful and isn't moving along down the road of giving Mami lifelong trust issues... whoa, it took ClariS somewhere around 50 years to become popular? D: (Madoka says they 'only recent hit it big,' and ClariS was formed in 2009...) They should have become popular in 2011 at the very latest, the Madoka opening theme is awesome. Hehe, FaceType Moon... Facebook's going to evolve into a pretty awesome form during my grandpa years. Drop is a really awesome song, and it's certainly the very longest Japanese songs I've listened to at more than eight minutes. Mmm, eight minutes of Mami bouncing those boobs around and Madoka shaking them hips... why couldn't I have grown up during the 2060s. I do wonder who would be the better idol between the two, though... Mami would naturally have an enormous headstart considering that she's much more outgoing and confident in herself (Compared to Madoka, who would start off her career as a shy, stammering, nervous failure), but once Madoka overcomes her stage fright and her earnest passion gets the chance to shine through it will become a tough matchup.

Next comes the Sayaka route again, something I'm always glad to see because Madoka x Sayaka is my favorite relationship in the story (Stiff though the competition that Homura and Mami give it). The mental image of Sayaka's bedroom eyes was a really nice one ("I could sense the romantic longing in Sayaka's voice, accentuated by how her eyelids were hanging more softly than usual over her eyes. Not exactly in a trance, but betraying an enchanting infatuation."), though I guess 'bedroom eyes' isn't exactly the appropriate term since she's willing to give them anywhere and everywhere, not just the bedroom. I smiled at "Ice creamy kiss," a combination of words I don't think I ever expected to read in a story. That whole scene was really sexy and fun to read, and Sayaka's complete lack of shame was pretty hilarious.

The highlight of the chapter, though (And indeed one of the highlights of the whole Sayaka route) is "I love you so much that it almost hurts, Madoka...” Sayaka said to me, “I... I hope I'm not overwhelming you, but it's hard for me to hold myself back right now." The feelings that Sayaka harbors for Madoka are a very touching mixture of raw passion and soft adoration, and this part encompasses the nature of their relationship wonderfully. ^^

Finishing off the most recent update is Mami Lives 11. I'm afraid that I haven't watched Tiger & Bunny, but thankfully the chapter is perfectly accessible to those like myself that aren't familiar with the material that helped to inspire this. I theorize that this is primarily a result of the fact that this story is always perfect. <3 I snickered at Madoka's initial response to Kyubey upon waking up ("God dammit Kyubey leave me alone"), and Sayaka being an actual stalker and hiding in the bushes outside Madoka's home was really cute. Jinnai's shaping up to be a very cool villain; he might come across as a somewhat silly, hamfisted guy on the surface, but his bravado is quite justified considering that he honestly is an exceedingly competent person. The man must have a really impressive backstory considering that he's already conquered five planets in the past, and there's of course the major impact he'd had upon the timeline of human history... hurry up with the Sayaka/Homura alliance, I wanna know more about Jinnai. I aww'd at Kyouko being 'oddly moved' by Kotetsu's heroics. Shame that they didn't manage to fully win Sayaka over, telling her dad that his actions that day 'didn't make up for everything' was pretty harsh. Forgiveness clearly isn't something that Sayaka's going to hand out too easily, Kotetsu's really going to have to work for it.

The next update will, I'm guessing, cross some new territory for the series: a conclusion to one of the story arcs. Really looking forward to it.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 18:13   Link #198
Triple_R
*Author

Mami Lives Chapter 12
Sayaka Romance

“Will you marry me?”

Those words were paradoxically surprising, yet expected. It was now April 14, 2065. About four years had passed since Sayaka and I had become a couple.

Sayaka and I had just finished eating at a fine restaurant in Tokyo. The restaurant was called “Rushing Ramen Rainbow”, or “Triple R” for short, and was widely known as an establishment dedicated to the LGBT community.

Most of the last four years had been very happy for me, and a great deal of that was due to my deep and abiding bond with Sayaka. Sayaka had hinted briefly, a few times, at the idea of us being a married couple one day, but I could tell that the idea made her a bit nervous and bashful.

So in spite of my hopes and dreams, it was both impressive and surprising to see Sayaka propose to me like this, with such impeccable grace and charm. She was kneeling before me, holding a small case in her hand. That case, of course, had inside of it a wedding ring. As I opened up the case, it shined a brilliantly breathtaking blue, reminding me of Sayaka’s hair and eyes. It was a sapphire!

As I gazed down at the wedding ring and Sayaka’s blissful yet desperately hopeful face, I found myself overcome with happiness and joy. Tears rushed to my eyes, as I felt those feelings, intermingled with love and gratitude, well up from within me.

“…Yes…” I said weakly in answer to Sayaka’s proposal, as I wiped away my tears, “Yes, of course I will!”

Sayaka then quickly rose upwards and wrapped her arms passionately around me, before we shared a soft kiss.

Other people dining at the Triple R had taken notice of this scene between Sayaka and I, and began cheering passionately over the sight of Sayaka’s proposal and my acceptance of it.

As Sayaka and I walked back to our separate hotel rooms in Tokyo, my mind overflowed with memories of the past four years. The first one to come to mind is how Sayaka had secretly rushed to my aid when I was faced by a villainous kidnapper named Emperor Jinnai. That was the night that Sayaka and I would find out so much about her father!

Kotetsu Miki, while garbed in his green and black and white armoured suit, flew Sayaka and I back to Sayaka’s home. He then dropped us off there while he flew off to meet up with Barnaby Brooks, to make sure that Barnaby, Mami, Homura, and Kyouko were all Ok!

Mom!” Sayaka shouted out to her, after Sayaka and I entered her home, “Madoka needs to use the phone!”

“Heh?” I asked, “I do?”

“Of course you do.” Sayaka answered, “Don’t you think your parents are going to be worried about you given what just happened to our school?”

“Oh. Right.” I replied with an embarrassed smile, and while scratching my head, “I guess I had a bit of a brain-cramp there.”

“It’s Ok.” Sayaka said with a slight smile, “You must have an awful lot running through your mind right now. It must be hard to keep it all straight, so I’ll help you through it!”

“Thanks.” I replied.

So I called my mama. I decided to more or less tell her the truth. I told her that an evil man had kidnapped two of my friends at school, and had held them for ransom. I told her that I rushed to the school to try to meet his ransom demands, but was then rescued by Sayaka and her dad. I told her how, in the process of that rescue, the school was blown up.

Mama naturally found this an awful lot to swallow, but due to how she knows I put a high value on the truth, she decided to accept what I told her at face value. At least for now. Barnaby Brooks would later need to explain more of the full story to mama, for reasons that should soon be clear.

Shortly after getting off the phone with my mom, I saw Kotetsu Miki arrive back home, exiting out of a taxi. I guess he had left his green and black armoured suit elsewhere.

“Dad!” Sayaka cried out to him, “Are Mami and Homura Ok?”

“Yeah, Barnaby saw to that.” he answered, “And don’t worry too much about your school. Barnaby just told me he’s going to pay for a new one to be built in its place.”

“He… what?!” Sayaka exclaimed in shock over that revelation, “I know he’s rich and all, but that will cost a lot of money!”

“It will, but Barnaby’s a good guy.” Kotetsu replied, “Plus, him and I are kind of responsible for your school getting destroyed, and I certainly can’t afford to pay for it, so…”

Kotetsu said that last line while sheepishly scratching his head and chuckling a bit.

After Sayaka and I blinked uneasily for a couple of moments, what we wanted to ask Kotetsu came back to both of us.

“…How do you know Barnaby Brooks anyway?” Sayaka asked.

“Yeah!” I piped up, “I’d like to know that too!”

Kotetsu sighed at this question and my echoing it.

“It’s late, and it’s a long story.” Kotetsu began in answer, “But I guess you kids don’t have school tomorrow - even if the school wasn’t blown up it’s Saturday tomorrow - so I’ll try to give you the Reader’s Digest version.”

Kotetsu then revealed to Sayaka and I a great deal about his personal backstory, details that even his wife and daughter had previously known almost nothing about!

Spoiler for Kotetsu Miki backstory:

Wow…” Sayaka said breathlessly, after Kotetsu had taken close to a hour to explain this all in detail to her and I, “What a story!”

“And it’s all true! Every last bit of it.” Kotetsu replied.

“… I really admire you, dad.” Sayaka stated, as tears filled her eyes.

“What for?” Kotetsu asked, “I mean, I don’t regret coming back to Japan. You and your mother wouldn’t be a part of my life now if I hadn’t! But I sacrificed so much in order to go against Albert Maverick and his shady dealings… I could have made a better life for you, Sayaka.”

“But that’s why I admire you!” Sayaka shouted in defiance, “You paid a huge price to do what was right, and you even paid it twice! That’s really impressive, dad. And heroic too. …I’m sorry for being so critical of you before. I never knew how much you sacrificed for mom and me.”

Sayaka, Kotetsu, and Nanami then all shared a warm tearful hug together. I was so happy and relieved and touched to see my best friend and girlfriend’s family brought back together after the harsh divisions that they had endured in recent days, if not years.

After the Miki family finished their tearful hug, we all watched the news together, to check out the reports that would be coming in due to the destruction of Mitakihara Middle School. There, on station after station, was Barnaby Brooks addressing the media in both English and Japanese!

Mami, Homura, and Kyouko also took in this news report from Mami’s home, where Barnaby had flew them too about a hour earlier.

“Mr. Barnaby Brooks.” began veteran news reporter Ritsu Hirasawa, “You called the media out to the site of this massive disaster in order to explain what caused it. So please share with us your explanation.”

“Of course.” Barnaby replied, while still within the red ‘Bunny’ suit, “First of all, let me deeply apologize to the students and educators of Mitakihara Middle School for what has happened to their school. I was testing out this suit that I’m wearing now, as well as one other, when the other suit unexpectedly went haywire and violently exploded after crashing through the roof of this school. I’ve provided video tape footage of that explosion to each of the news outlets that I reported this sadly destructive accident to.”

“Can we see the video footage, Ritsu?” asked news anchor Ushio Okazaki.

Ah…” began Ritsu uneasily in reply, “Yes, I think our news crew has it ready to roll!”

The provided video footage then began playing.

“Impressive.” said Akemi Homura, while watching the news from the comfort of a couch in Mami Tomoe‘s home, “He’s already doctored fake footage of an armoured suit crashing through the roof of our school, causing an explosion.”

“It’s quite a relief.” Mami chimed in, “I think it’s best that the wider world doesn’t learn the truth about magical girls and witches.”

“I guess this total lie is the only way to achieve that, huh?” Kyouko asked rhetorically, “Interesting how even heroes have their feet of clay…”

“I’d call it being pragmatic, Kyouko, wouldn’t you?” Mami asked, while grinning slightly towards Kyouko, and raising one eyebrow towards her.

“It is for the best.” Homura added, implying agreement with Mami, while Homura looked sideways at Kyouko.

“Yeah, yeah, I guess you two have a point.” Kyouko replied, “It’s just a bit disappointing, is all.”

“Disappointing?” Mami asked, raising an eyebrow, “There’s no rule saying that you can’t be heroic and pragmatic, Kyouko. …Maybe you should try it some time.”

Mami’s words impacted Kyouko more than Kyouko would initially let on. And in the days and weeks to come, they did leave their mark.

Barnaby Brooks’ cover story thankfully held up, and only those who were actually there that night to witness the fight against Emperor Jinnai know everything that really happened.

In any event, Barnaby admirably took responsibility for the destruction of Mitakihara Middle School. With his own personal wealth, he funded the creation of a new Mitakihara Middle School, and reimbursed teachers and the city officials of Mitakihara Town for the accidental destruction. In doing so, he gained much good will throughout Japan, and kept the world of magical girls and witches hidden from the general public.

But Barnaby himself had learned of that world, due to what he had discovered from scanning the Soul Gem on Homura’s hand. The day after the destruction of Mitakihara Middle School, he confronted Homura about that, and she was essentially forced to reveal the truth to him.

Barnaby was disgusted at what he learned from her, and Homura told me that Barnaby had even demanded Kyubey to stop putting human teenage girls in danger like this! Kyubey paid no heed to the demand, but he decided to leave Mitakihara Town, finally giving up on Sayaka and I ever becoming Puella Magi.

Mami convinced Barnaby to accept how her, Homura, and Kyouko fight as Puella Magi. Mami did this by demonstrating to Barnaby the good that they do, even going so far as to bring Barnaby on a witch-hunt.

Barnaby reluctantly agreed to Mami’s request for him to not become too involved in the Puella Magi world. At the same time, though, Barnaby said that he intended to find a way to cleanse Soul Gems that didn’t involve using Grief Seeds.

Barnaby also had himself and Kotetsu fly into battle against Walpurgis Night! “Tiger and Bunny” joined Mami, Homura, and Kyouko in fighting against that monstrous witch, and the five of them together proved far too much for Walpurgis Night, keeping the destruction left in its wake down to a minimum.

After that whirlwind month in 2061, during which so very much happened, including the start of my romance with Sayaka, things finally started to settle down again. Well, in most ways, anyway.

Barnaby decided to open up a Japanese branch of his Maverick Machines company in Tokyo, and hired Kotetsu to oversee it! This way, Kotetsu was back on his feet in no time, remaining unemployed for only a brief time.

Due to Kotetsu moving to Tokyo for his new job position, and due to how it would take several weeks to rebuild a new Mitakihara Middle School, Sayaka and I both transferred to a new school in Tokyo. It helped that mama was able to get a job transfer to Tokyo as well.

Mami, Homura, and Kyouko continued to help each other fight witches, and collect Grief Seeds together. At least until Barnaby discovered a means by which new energy could be transferred into Soul Gems. However, he said that the cost of harnessing this energy and transferring it into Soul Gems was highly prohibitive, and he wasn’t sure if even he could afford it for long.

So Kotetsu then had the idea of starting a TV show called “Hero TV”! He suggested that between the technology of Maverick Machines, and the magical powers of Mami, Homura, and Kyouko, that he could create a team of heroes that would all be TV stars, as TV cameras would follow those heroes as they fought criminals.

“The ratings could be huge!” Kotetsu exclaimed, as he pitched the idea to Mami, Homura, Kyouko, Sayaka, and I, “Every kid loves robot warriors of justice, and super-sentai heroes, and magical girls! Imagine how excited they’d be to see that in real life live-action, as colourful heroes stop crooks on the street! And with the profit from “Hero TV“, we could help give Barnaby the money he needs to keep creating Soul Gem energy.”

Kyouko was pretty sceptical of the idea at first, and Homura also had her doubts. But Mami, Sayaka, and I all really liked it, although I made it clear that it sounded too dangerous for me to be one of the “heroes” in question.

But Sayaka was really excited about the idea of being a “hero“, and wanted to be a crime-fighting hero wearing a power-suit herself. So her father designed one for her, although far slimmer and more form-fitting than his much bulkier armour. At the age of 16, Sayaka took on the moniker of “Blue Rose”, and was equipped with two high-tech guns that could shoot instant freeze rays. Sayaka’s new suit looked really cool and flashy! It made me think of an ice dancer.

In this power-suit, Sayaka joined Mami, Homura, and Kyouko in fighting crime on TV. The ratings for “Hero TV!” were a hit, just as Kotetsu had hoped they would be! Thanks to the money made from the show, Barnaby was able to continue supplying Mami, Homura, and Kyouko with Soul Gem energy, thankfully freeing them from having to fight witches. At least for the most part.

But after reflecting on all of this, which seems like such a breathtakingly bodacious blur in my mind, I find myself jerked back into the present by Sayaka demurely calling me her “fiance” as she drops me off at my hotel room and places a passionate kiss on my lips. It looks like whirlwinds continue for me even now…

The marriage between Sayaka and I was set for June 28, 2066. We wanted to have more than a year to prepare for it, since a lot of work would have to go into it. Sayaka also wanted to book a few months off of “Hero TV” in order for her and I to have an extended Honeymoon.

Sadly, Nanami Miki had never fully accepted Sayaka and I as a couple, and I don’t know if that would ever change. In fact, Nanami had initially argued that she wouldn’t be attending the wedding, until Kotetsu helped Nanami and Sayaka reach a compromise on it.

Sayaka had wanted to play Prince to my Princess, and so she was planning to wear a groom’s outfit, a three-piece suit. But Sayaka’s mom Nanami said she’d only attend the wedding if Sayaka wore a wedding dress herself.

“That way you’ll be able to feel the absurdity of this lesbian marriage for yourself!” Nanami had shouted at her.

Sayaka had replied that it wasn’t absurd at all, but if her wearing a wedding dress is what it took to get her mother to attend her wedding, then that is what she would do.

Having learned how to conduct marriage ceremonies from watching her father perform many while he was alive, Kyouko offered to perform the wedding ceremony for Sayaka and I. We were both very thankful for the gesture, and agreed to it.

Finally, the big day arrived…

Recent technological breakthroughs at Maverick Machines, combined with the wealth of the Shizuki family and their connections to Barnaby Brooks through the Miki family, had paved the way for Kyousuke Kamijou to have his hand partially healed.

The most technologically advanced prosthetic hand available today was given to Kyousuke, as a gift of love from Hitomi. That hand wasn’t perfect, it wasn’t magic, but it was just enough to enable Kyousuke to become a violinist anew. And now he played the violin for “Here comes the bride”, as I walked down the aisle…

My little brother Tatsuya proudly took the role of ring-bearer for the ceremony. There was no “groom”, so we had two bridesmaids. Sayaka chose Hitomi to be her’s, while Mami was the bridesmaid for me. Homura had congratulated Sayaka and I for our decision to wed, but in a deeply melancholic tone. She thanked us for inviting her to the wedding ceremony, but politely declined the invitation, saying she would not be available the day of the wedding. I felt sad for Homura, as she seemed to be harbouring some sort of regret, but I soon moved on from dwelling on Homura’s sadness.

The wedding ceremony itself was truly gorgeous. Kyouko had used some of the money she had earned from working for “Hero TV” in order to rebuild her late father’s church to its initial majestic beauty. Sun shimmered in through the stained-glass windows, causing a blissful atmosphere to permeate the entire church.

I wore a long-flowing pinkish-white dress with frills. Sayaka had a shorter but very lovely bluish-white dress. After we exchanged “I dos”, I felt such incredible relief wash over me as Sayaka and I shared the most passionate kiss we ever had together.

The ring she gave me had blue sapphire in it, and the ring I gave her had pink sapphire in it. “Blue” was her color, and “Pink” had become mine, so in this way we truly cemented how we had become an unbreakable part of one another.

The crowd applauded while Sayaka and I kissed. Even Sayaka’s mom managed a polite but begrudging applause. My own mama and papa had tears in their misty eyes, while Kotetsu beamed in pride.

Four years of romance, and almost ten years of friendship, finally culminated in this one unforgettable day. The honeymoon to follow would be no less memorable.

I felt so very thankful for all that had been given me, through the important people in my life. This left me wanting to give something back to someone else…

Sayaka.” I said to her, while we walked hand-in-hand along an otherwise deserted beach in early Autumn, “There’s something I wanted to talk to you about.”

We had now been married for two years. Sayaka was wearing a blue jean-skirt and a matching blue jean-jacket over a pink shirt. I was wearing a simple, but long and elegant white dress.

“What is it?” Sayaka asked, referring to what I had wanted to talk about.

“Well… there’s something I’ve been thinking a lot about lately.” I began in uneasy answer, “There’s something I’d like to do. But it’s something that I’d definitely want your approval for.”

“Ok.” Sayaka began, “Shoot. What is it? It sounds like it’s awfully important to you, so I really want to know what it is!”

“Well…” I replied, uneasily at first, “I… I want to have a baby. As soon as possible. As you know, I’ve always liked the idea of one day having a family like what my mama and papa have.”

“Right.” Sayaka replied, before flashing a reassuring smile towards me, “Well… I’m fine with it.”

“…You don’t mind?” I asked, wanting to make completely sure.

“I won’t lie, it is a bit awkward.” Sayaka replied, “I mean, your child won’t be my child, biologically I mean. But I’ll certainly treat that child as my son or daughter any way! I just kinda wish that the child could really come from both of us, you know?”

“… Our child can.” I interjected with a knowing and admittedly slightly proud smile.

“…Heh?!” Sayaka exclaimed in stunned disbelief, “How can that be, Madoka? You and I are both of the same sex!”

“Have you heard of Dr. Jail Scaglietti?” I asked Sayaka.

“Dr. Jail Scaglietti?” Sayaka asked in turn, making it clear she wasn’t familiar with him.

“He works for one of the divisions of Maverick Machines.” I began in answer, “I’m surprised you haven’t heard of him. He specializes in robotics and reproductive technologies.”

Reproductive technologies…” Sayaka repeated breathlessly, as what this was all pointing to became obvious to her, “Do you mean..?!”

“Yes!” I confirmed enthusiastically, “Dr. Scaglietti has discovered a way for same-sex couples to have children that are biological offspring of both parents! It involves an intricate gene-splicing and fertilization technique.”

“That’s… that’s wonderful.” Sayaka replied, finding it all almost too good to believe.

“If we have a baby through Dr. Scaglietti’s new reproductive technology…” I stated, “Then that child will be your biological child as well as mine, Sayaka.”

“… That makes me really happy, Madoka.” Sayaka said, as I could sense tears forming in her eyes, “I can’t wait for the two of us to have a child together!”

“I can’t wait either.” I said, as I felt very warm over the thought.

After I had graduated from high school, I opened up a coffee-shop that doubled as a flower-shop. This was an idea of my father’s, and I really liked it. We opened that store up in Tokyo, and it was doing decent business there. Customers would come in to drink the tea, but they’d stay to admire the flowers.

At the same time, Sayaka worked as “Blue Rose” on “Hero TV!” Her work was definitely more physically strenuous than mine.

So I offered to be the one to carry our child to term, and Sayaka agreed.

After about nine months of pregnancy, I gave birth to a beautiful blue-haired girl. She had Sayaka’s hair, but my eyes. We named our daughter Nanoha.

Nanoha Kaname-Miki.

A life borne from both Sayaka and me; a life that can truly be said to come from the shared love between Sayaka and me. Nanoha would go on to make both Sayaka and I very proud.

I felt comforted by the thought that I had followed in my parents footsteps, and I had found people that I can truly be useful to. I had found a place in the world, and a place in the hearts of my wife and daughter, that left me in supreme contentment. The magic of my youth was a nice, but fading, memory.

The main remnant of it was occasionally seeing Kyouko, Mami, and Homura in action, using their Puella Magi powers. Thankfully, I think that Kyouko and Mami had developed a really close friendship in recent years! The two of them, along with Homura and “Blue Rose”, enjoyed something of a celebrity life, with Homura being the most popular of them all. Homura really took to attending children’s events, as she seemed to have a passion for caring for children. But Sayaka preferred to keep her true identity hidden, as she wanted privacy and family time away from the camera.

So for the most part, the literal magic of my youth was pleasantly replaced by the magic of family and love. A love shared between Sayaka and I, and now a love also shared with our child Nanoha. A love that would last forever…

The End (Mami Lives, Sayaka Romance, Good End)

----------------------------------------------------------

And one major route finished. Thanks a bunch to Deikan, Kogetsu Shirogane, Coldlight, and Dr. Casey for their recent respective replies. The one clickable link in the update above links to music that I think goes well with the final bit of story that comes after that.

Other than that, I'm going to let this finale speak for itself. Any questions people have about this final I *will* answer. And any all feedback is definitely welcomed.

I feel pretty pleased that I actually finished a major route. Finally.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2012-05-27 at 16:06.
Old 2012-05-20, 18:47   Link #199
Seitsuki
Onee!

Eagerly awaiting the one and only True route. (you all know who that is.)

Saving the best for last huh?
Old 2012-05-20, 19:24   Link #200
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Eagerly awaiting the one and only True route. (you all know who that is.)

Saving the best for last huh?
Yep.

Plus, it works best that way due to how the canon anime is set-up (Mami dominates the first bit of the canon anime, then Sayaka dominates, then Kyouko has an episode or two of spotlight, then Homura dominates).