AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-05-02, 20:35   Link #1541
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Is it possible to gender bend a genetic clone?
Strictly speaking true gender bending the result would not be a clone. But a female to male gender swap would be do able with the least amount of alteration as the y cromeazone is basicly the same as an x with a small number of gene pairs removed. At least in my understanding.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 21:52   Link #1542
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
unlimited telekinesis won't be enough to describe angel wings mode. The most fastest way to describe it is SCREW LAWS OF PHYSICS!!! I'M THE LAW!!!!

He disregard the limited range and the wings is an extension of his ability. Meaning its a whole different ball game when he enters that mode.
Better than that would be saying he has complete control of the physical universe.
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 21:54   Link #1543
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The locomotion part or physical property part?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 22:30   Link #1544
tsunade666

^All

Imaginary vectors, install new or unknown vectors to a matter and control them. So even a static object will be controlled.

He has absolute control on physical world.
Old 2013-05-03, 06:35   Link #1545
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Interesting... Then the only way imaginary mass can beat him is to become imaginary mass. D:
Old 2013-05-03, 10:56   Link #1546
tsunade666

That's why its hard to believe the new spoiler for NT 7 when academy city just replicate those wings. Its like "its not special at all"

Maybe to the Kihara's its just another progress on science and you can see how hard ass the Kihara's are.
Old 2013-05-03, 11:15   Link #1547
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The fascination I have is specifically how to bypass the laws of physical system. Normally I'd say the matter runs interference between accelerator and the user but things just don't work that way. The one who has better chances are Alice/hime. And that's only because she can see the attacks and vector implant coming. Alice herself can only ttack by unleashing magic energies in their purest form. So they aren't showing up in reality until it hits Accelerator. And even then it has to be a one hit kill or else he'd just up his defense. Reforging the world ki flow into a cannon should be possible but not sure if that's enough.
Old 2013-05-12, 10:40   Link #1548
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Theoretically speaking, what can a person do if he or she can control gravity?

It doesn't have to perfectly scientifically accurate, just something other than the usual make things heavy.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 10:46   Link #1549
Daft

Make things orbit around one another. With the right center of revolution you can make the object crash into other things like a comet.

Last edited by Daft; 2013-05-12 at 10:46. Reason: typo
Daft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 10:46   Link #1550
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:

It doesn't have to perfectly scientifically accurate, just something other than the usual make things heavy.
I actually thought about this as a power I would want. Among other things I can imagine making things float, making things fly, changing trajectory of objects, forming black holes, and changing the flow of time.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 11:01   Link #1551
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft View Post
Make things orbit around one another. With the right center of revolution you can make the object crash into other things like a comet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I actually thought about this as a power I would want. Among other things I can imagine making things float, making things fly, changing trajectory of objects, forming black holes, and changing the flow of time.
Hahah well the reason why I ask is because I peg it as one of the possible powers I would like to see on the Number 6- other possibilities include strongest teleporter and strongest telekinesis.

No. 1 - controls all vectors but essentially all known matter and energy as well
No. 2 - creates unknown matter and energy
No. 3 - Electromagnetism
No. 4 - Weak/Strong Nuclear (maybe? I'm just spit balling here)
No. 5 - Strongest psychic

And Captain Japan who is unexplainable.

So going by those, I predict the Sixth would be Gravitational force (as part of the four forces of nature) which in turn could also represent space/time.

Or they could continue the 'conventional' route so that Misaki wouldn't be the odd one out but I think there's more than enough teleporters though...
Old 2013-05-12, 11:10   Link #1552
demino_hellsin
That one guy

At the most absolute limit, maybe blackhole? Push and pull at an object much like magnetism? tractor beam?
Old 2013-05-12, 12:13   Link #1553
ellifeedn
Thinker

Gravitational pull is known to affect time...
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 12:40   Link #1554
leukrota

Interesting, but I don't think it's likely. I can't think of a way of making a gravity controlling Esper without involving gravitons, and the level upper made it clear that the strongest graviton user is level 4.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 14:06   Link #1555
Birdway
Banned

Its not about how cool your power is but how useful it can be for the city, maybe if we look at it that way we can guess what can of power would be cheap and useful to develop for AC.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 14:17   Link #1556
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Its not about how cool your power is but how useful it can be for the city, maybe if we look at it that way we can guess what can of power would be cheap and useful to develop for AC.
Without a point of referrence? Good luck.
Old 2013-05-12, 15:00   Link #1557
Birdway
Banned

Boy, when it comes down to powers, Level 5's happens to seem pretty basic.

- Telekinesis.
- Create material.
- Electricity.
- Laser.
- Telepathy.

The exception is Gunha so far.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 15:33   Link #1558
Dyingbreath

Quote:

Gravity is the attraction that any two objects have to another so theoretically control of gravity would allow perfect telekenisis since there is some heavy thing somewhere that is pulling every object in every direction, control of gravitational attraction would allow you to make an object move however you wanted from a distance.

Quote:
Hahah well the reason why I ask is because I peg it as one of the possible powers I would like to see on the Number 6- other possibilities include strongest teleporter and strongest telekinesis.

No. 1 - controls all vectors but essentially all known matter and energy as well
No. 2 - creates unknown matter and energy
No. 3 - Electromagnetism
No. 4 - Weak/Strong Nuclear (maybe? I'm just spit balling here)
No. 5 - Strongest psychic

And Captain Japan who is unexplainable.

So going by those, I predict the Sixth would be Gravitational force (as part of the four forces of nature) which in turn could also represent space/time.

Or they could continue the 'conventional' route so that Misaki wouldn't be the odd one out but I think there's more than enough teleporters though...
The sixth level five in my story could create stasis fields that completely halted all energy flow into or through the field. But you don't necessarily need to control a physical force. Closely related to that level five is a person who can control entropy.
Control of entropy would allow you to make any chemical reaction more or less spontaneous. Once in my story I used the power to make guns useless by increasing the entropy, and thus activation energy, needed for gunpowder to ignite. With creativity you could use it for a lot more.
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 09:23   Link #1559
Raisingfalcon
Class minus 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Boy, when it comes down to powers, Level 5's happens to seem pretty basic.

- Telekinesis.
- Create material.
- Electricity.
- Laser.
- Telepathy.

The exception is Gunha so far.
Your putting them in bare bones here. manipulating electrons is something new, dark matter is applied in a cool fashion, Ive never seen electrical powers as amazing as the way mikoto applies then, usually its so straight forward but mikoto uses her brain. mind jacking. At the root they might look simple but dont all powers eventual at the root of it have simple powers?

The thing that matter is the way they achieve this, and toaru does an excellent job in creative diverse ways in being able to create and apply powers. Dark matter is an excellent example(i would of never imagine it applied the way it was and at the end it was basicly the power of creation) The way it was used to channel this power is whats really amazing and makes these power mind blowing and cool for me.
Old 2013-05-16, 09:55   Link #1560
Marina2

Question is: The # 6 is #6 because his/her power ranked #6 in term of usefulness or it is the case like Gunha?

As for power......how about the Atoms Controling

He/she can do something like:

- Control the hardness or softness of an object by increasing/reducing the dense of atom or control how atom are arranged in an object, make it very easy to break or almost impossible to break.
- Increase the atom density in the air around, turn them into invisible strong barrier

I am bad at science ,so I'm sorry if above writting sounds very noob or impossible.

Tags
hard science