AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-12-18, 21:08   Link #5721
Fuego

Damn... I should have made a save file there just in case. I'm sorry. It happens maybe like 15 minutes in or so? Or maybe it just felt like 15 mins... *gulp* I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: Alright, here's some text before/after. If you need more, let me know.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Fuego; 2010-12-18 at 21:21.
Fuego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 21:12   Link #5722
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

We already identified the portion you reported. I was just mentioning this for future cases, as a general request.
Old 2010-12-18, 21:14   Link #5723
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuego View Post
Damn... I should have made a save file there just in case. I'm sorry. It happens maybe like 15 minutes in or so? Or maybe it just felt like 15 mins... *gulp* I'll see what I can do.
I found the line you mean.

Spoiler for EP7:

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 21:21   Link #5724
Fuego

Ooooooh, it makes sense now. I understand. Thank you, and I apologize for bringing it up.
Old 2010-12-18, 23:35   Link #5725
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

No need to apologize, better to have too many possible errors reported than too few, in order to have the best translation in the end.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 00:41   Link #5726
Fuego

Just out of curiosity, where did the 50% patch end?
Old 2010-12-19, 01:51   Link #5727
Matrem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuego View Post
Just out of curiosity, where did the 50% patch end?
Spoiler for 50% patch:
Matrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 01:53   Link #5728
Fuego

Ah, okay. So I guess I'm almost half-way there, then.

I think I might have found another mistake... although there's a chance that it's not. Anyway, I took a screenie this time...

Spoiler:

EDIT: Yeah, pretty sure it's not a mistake... Maybe I should just be quiet, ha ha.

Last edited by Fuego; 2010-12-19 at 02:20.
Old 2010-12-19, 02:06   Link #5729
kanketsu

First of all, big thanks to Witch Hunt for their work ^^

Anyway, I have one minor problem here. If I drag the window from my Macbook screen to external secondary monitor, pushing Cmd-F will always make the window going full screen on the primary screen, not secondary.

The workaround so far is setting the external monitor to be the primary one, or close the Mac's lid and put it on clamshell mode. However, doing either one of those sometime makes those many other opened windows change position (due to different resolution of the two screens, 1440x900 vs 1920x1080) so I have to close them all if I don't want to "recalibrate" their position & size.. and re-open them after the Umineko session ^^;

So I wonder, is there a more direct way to playing the game full screen on 2nd monitor?
kanketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 02:28   Link #5730
CainSonozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrem View Post
Spoiler for 50% patch:
so just making sure, if you have read all the way through the 50% patch
Spoiler for patch:

i did it and played a little bit in but wasnt sure and then i had to go to work so i decided to leave it without saving my progress (since i prolly progressed about 10 clicks or so
Right now the time where magic advents.
I am Beatrice-sama! Ahaha"
CainSonozaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 02:51   Link #5731

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanketsu View Post
Anyway, I have one minor problem here. If I drag the window from my Macbook screen to external secondary monitor, pushing Cmd-F will always make the window going full screen on the primary screen, not secondary.
I've forwarded your report to UncleMion, who maintains the ONScripter-En engine. She'll probably reply here soon-ish.
Message is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 03:04   Link #5732
Zero Sora

Just finished reading Ep 7. Thanks for an awesome job Witch Hunt.

So whens the Ep 8 100% patch come out? /jk
Zero Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 04:23   Link #5733
Vampe
Otaku Witch of Ubuntu

Im having trouble, evrytime i reach a certain point in the 100% patch after the same line evrything freezees

Spoiler for episode 7 100% patch:

i have had the problem whit game freezing on 20% and 50% patch to but never at same point, its always in the past been after reading for a while, and saving regulary has allowed me to read evrything.

im runing on Ubuntu 10.04 (lucid lynx), whit wine 1.2.
Vampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 04:32   Link #5734
AzureVermillion

Since I don't really have the time to sit down and read through it at the moment, I'm not sure of what you have updated in terms of the translation.
I am curious to know if you have updated the names of the "Siesta Sisters" to "Chiester" or whatever the terribad pun is.
AzureVermillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 06:33   Link #5735
tekutokiari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampe View Post
im runing on Ubuntu 10.04 (lucid lynx), whit wine 1.2.
I'm playing this on linux myself (I have Slackware 13.1), and I suggest you don't use wine, but build onscripter-en from source (or get a native linux binary). It's much less crash-prone.
tekutokiari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 06:45   Link #5736
Vampe
Otaku Witch of Ubuntu

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekutokiari View Post
I'm playing this on linux myself (I have Slackware 13.1), and I suggest you don't use wine, but build onscripter-en from source (or get a native linux binary). It's much less crash-prone.
tried building onscripter-en from a guide but where unable to install all dependencies thats why i use wine instead, and the binary for ubuntu is higly outdated and wont even install becouse of this. so my only option is to use wine, and i dont see why it should sudenly stop working at the same point evry time when it never did that on 20% and 50% patches.
Old 2010-12-19, 07:51   Link #5737
PaladinFenris
∞ Der Goldschmied

Send a message via ICQ to PaladinFenris
My sincere thanks and respect to "The Witch Hunt" for giving us this terrific christmas present in advance.

As I am currently starting over again from Episode 1 along with a print-out of the new translated epitaph and the japanese version (both Kanji/Kana and Romaji), it will take a little time to get again through EP 1-6.

One question:
The TIPS by Ryukishi07 about the game, like "Lambda's Diary", "Bern's Letter" and so on are going to be released a a sound novel compilation titled "Umineko no Naku Koro ni Tsubasa" (うみねこのなく頃に翼). Is there a possibility that they will be translated as well?
PaladinFenris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 08:13   Link #5738
tekutokiari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampe View Post
tried building onscripter-en from a guide but where unable to install all dependencies thats why i use wine instead, and the binary for ubuntu is higly outdated and wont even install becouse of this. so my only option is to use wine, and i dont see why it should sudenly stop working at the same point evry time when it never did that on 20% and 50% patches.
What dependencies? As far as I know, you only need the SDL library, which is fairly easy to get. Or maybe I'm missing something?
tekutokiari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 08:14   Link #5739
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well now that 7's translation is done, if I start tomorrow I should be done by the time Ep8 rolls in. Thanks WH.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 09:43   Link #5740
Vampe
Otaku Witch of Ubuntu

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekutokiari View Post
What dependencies? As far as I know, you only need the SDL library, which is fairly easy to get. Or maybe I'm missing something?
don't remember, was some library i needed witch i was unable to get even when following the guide, and it wouldnt allow me to compile whitout it.

Tags
translation