AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-15, 18:13   Link #761
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Spoiler for :
Old 2009-12-15, 18:20   Link #762
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
Spoiler for :
They are unofficial MADs (AMV if you want) that are very well made.
Old 2009-12-15, 18:25   Link #763
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
They are unofficial MADs (AMV if you want) that are very well made.
Are they just openings?
Old 2009-12-15, 18:26   Link #764
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Are they just openings?
They summarize the respective Episode with words and pictures.
Old 2009-12-15, 18:51   Link #765
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
They are usually around 5 minutes long, so if you saw one that you consider an "OP" then it might have just been a preview.
Old 2009-12-17, 09:31   Link #766
aurr
Kalulu sorceress - lvl 4

I thought that Motion Graphics are official. Didn't Ryukishi approve those? And aren't they sold when the game comes out?
Old 2009-12-17, 09:44   Link #767
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Ryukishi grants permission for any kind of independent derivative work on Umineko, but he doesn't have anything to do with the motion graphic videos.

Old 2009-12-17, 21:20   Link #768
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Spoiler for :
Old 2009-12-17, 21:30   Link #769
Arbane the Terrible

Quote:
Spoiler for :
Nobody rightly knows. One theory I like is that piece-Beatrice is the daughter for the captive-Beatrice Rosa met.

There's not even any 100% accurate proof that piece-Beatrice _exists_. Everyone who's seen her either is an unreliable witness (Rosa, Maria, Kinzo, Kyrie, the servants), or might be mistaken (Battler was dead drunk at the end of Episode 2, and saw her at night, in a rain-storm, while she's on a balcony last episode. The theory that she's another cast-member in disguise is pretty strong).
Old 2009-12-17, 21:55   Link #770
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbane the Terrible View Post
Nobody rightly knows. One theory I like is that piece-Beatrice is the daughter for the captive-Beatrice Rosa met.

There's not even any 100% accurate proof that piece-Beatrice _exists_. Everyone who's seen her either is an unreliable witness (Rosa, Maria, Kinzo, Kyrie, the servants), or might be mistaken (Battler was dead drunk at the end of Episode 2, and saw her at night, in a rain-storm, while she's on a balcony last episode. The theory that she's another cast-member in disguise is pretty strong).
Spoiler for Response to that:
Old 2009-12-19, 10:40   Link #771
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

They did. After Piece!Beatrice gets upset with Battler for not remembering his sin, Meta!Beatrice, the one in the dress, appears and talks to her, telling her she can rest. Battler can't see this; it happens in their own private Meta-World, if you will. Both seem genuinely upset by the whole thing, and Meta!Beatrice offers to take over so that Piece!Beatrice won't be hurt anymore. Or I have the order wrong and they switch before she starts talking about his sin, in which case I can't remember why she gets so distraught in the first place...I don't know, either way, the two of them talk and it definitely seems a big moment of character development for Beato, due to the mood of both...and, you know, the fact that there were two Beatos chatting with one another.
Old 2009-12-19, 12:41   Link #772
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by KanonTheFurniture View Post
They did. After Piece!Beatrice gets upset with Battler for not remembering his sin, Meta!Beatrice, the one in the dress, appears and talks to her, telling her she can rest. Battler can't see this; it happens in their own private Meta-World, if you will. Both seem genuinely upset by the whole thing, and Meta!Beatrice offers to take over so that Piece!Beatrice won't be hurt anymore. Or I have the order wrong and they switch before she starts talking about his sin, in which case I can't remember why she gets so distraught in the first place...I don't know, either way, the two of them talk and it definitely seems a big moment of character development for Beato, due to the mood of both...and, you know, the fact that there were two Beatos chatting with one another.
Yes, schooluniform Beatrice goes back into the study, where the banquet is still rolling and Kinzo seems to have just returned from Maria's test.
She is totally distraught for Battler not remembering in the slightest and says that it is all useless now and she wants to rest. Dress-Beatrice appears and tells her she may rest and the she (dress) will handle the clean-up from here on. I think it was also dress-Beatrice who set Kinzo on fire (and I think she even returned him to the oven in the basement).
After that she (dress) tells her three companions (Vargilia, Ronove and Gaap) that she will see after the end of this game...after having that little clash with Gaap.

The interesting thing is that we had such a thing in Episode 2 already.
There was the schooluniform Beatrice staying in the honored guestroom and supposedly appearing to Kanon in the corridor in front of Jessica's room, yet from the 2nd twilight until the point where Battler enters the study it is dress-Beatrice who is carrying out the magic.

I think it's interesting how uniform-Beatrice never carried out anything that is foolproof magic for the viewer/reader (it was a bit off with episode 24) except for the little candytrick she pulled on Maria and Rosa.
Old 2009-12-19, 13:24   Link #773
maximilianjenus
[E]

IIRC it was dress beatrice in the VN (for the candy scene).
Old 2009-12-19, 14:06   Link #774
chounokoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
IIRC it was dress beatrice in the VN (for the candy scene).
Nope, just reread that scene and it was really uniform-Beato who appeared before Rosa and Maria and did that little trick throwing candy in the air and reparing it....which is in the end not that much a trick, you just have to have something glittery with you to do the effect and have knwoledge what candy it was that Maria got. If it was someone from the direct family, he would have known from the moment they met at the airport, because Maria was so eager to show it around....
Old 2009-12-19, 14:38   Link #775
Raneh
Storyteller

I thought it was quite obvious Beatrice just gave Maria back the same candy Maria had given her a moment ago.
Old 2009-12-19, 15:45   Link #776
teddychan
Dj Pedobear

Send a message via Yahoo to teddychan
uhm my question well quite simple i don't understand the @#$% hell happening.

this is my question
Spoiler for series:
Old 2009-12-19, 15:46   Link #777
chounokoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raneh View Post
I thought it was quite obvious Beatrice just gave Maria back the same candy Maria had given her a moment ago.
But wasn't it that we and Rosa were led to believe that Beatrice actually restored the candy to it's former state, before Rosa trampled it to pieces, right?
Well of course we can assume that Maria maybe didn't show her mother the candy clearly...or we can assume that Beatrice actually did work magic...or the scene never took place (I hate this theory)...but I prefer to think that she somehow prepared a replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddychan View Post

this is my question
Spoiler for series:
If it's actually THAT confusing to you and THAT's the facette of this anime that annoys you, I (and I think many other people) would say you should better stop now and save yourself more and more annoyment.
This story is actually about confronting you with confusing things and forcing you to find out for yourself what may be the truth.

But just in case you're really dying to know, it works a bit like that.
Spoiler for short explenation which has been done before:

If that's too much for you....well there's not many other ways then actually dropping it, because it doesn't get simpler from here.
Old 2009-12-19, 15:59   Link #778
Raneh
Storyteller

Quote:
Originally Posted by chounokoe View Post
I prefer to think that she somehow prepared a replacement.
Well that's what I was trying to say, Beatrice replaced the broken candy with the intact one she got earlier. Obviously the scene has some alterations because we see golden butterflies so it's easy to think that Rosa's reaction to it was somehow modified too. She should know that Maria had 2 candies and she only trampeled one.
Maria believed Beatrice restored the same old candy so it's not that odd to try and make the viewer think like that too.
Old 2009-12-19, 16:16   Link #779
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
I think Raneh's referring to the fact that Maria had given out pumpkin candies to several other people:

"Look, Maria, it's Halloween! If you don't give me sweets, I'll play a prank~!!"

From inside her purse, Maria picked out a jack o'lantern sweet similar to the one she had in her hand and presented it to Battler. It seemed that Battler accepting it was enough to confirm their friendship.

Maria probably treasured that marshmallow jack-o-lantern candy that her mother had bought for her more than anything. ...It seemed that several of them had been bought for her, and she demanded trick-or-treat from every person she met, giving them candy instead of the other way around.
Old 2009-12-19, 17:35   Link #780
June 1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddychan View Post

this is my question
Spoiler for series:
As someone else said, if it's that confusing for you, you probably should drop it.

But they are not being revived. Each game takes place in a different world or "game board". The events of each game are final and time proceeds on after that weekend in October even though we don't see it. Meta!Battler is just a ghost of Battler from the first game.

And, though it's already been said many times in discussion threads and this thread ... I'll say it again ... magic in the real world is not the same thing as magic in the meta!world/purgatory. A person can believe in the afterlife while not believing in vampires, for example. That's what Battler's position essentially is. His job is not to deny the existence of all magic, but to reveal that Beatrice's magical explanations of the events on Rokkenjima as being a sham.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a