AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-23, 15:06   Link #1
KojiroHyuga

any anime like gto?

I am looking around for an anime that makes just fun to watch it for example like gt onizuka . would be great it it would be available at torrent
Old 2004-02-23, 15:27   Link #2
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Gokusen... almost, but not quite, the same premise as GTO.... Gokusen is funny imo and it's available for bt downloads.......
Old 2004-02-23, 15:53   Link #3
KojiroHyuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics
Gokusen... almost, but not quite, the same premise as GTO.... Gokusen is funny imo and it's available for bt downloads.......
thnx alot men i will try it immediately. need more suggestions please =)
Old 2004-02-23, 18:22   Link #4
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Gokusen sounds more like GTO than it actually is. I find them completely different from each other. Of course I like Gokusen even more than I like GTO so I'm not complaining.

It sounds to me that you are really looking for is the fun feeling of recklessness that GTO provides, rather than humorous school anime so what I would recommend is:
  • Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu: The ultimate choice if what you want is violence and lot of falling over laughing humor. I've never seen any other show that made me laugh as hard and as often as this one.
  • Fullmetal Alchemist: Lots of fun. Though it might have a bit too much pathos to replicate the GTO experience it should still be tried.
  • Iketeru Futari: Fun and silly ecchiness.
  • Konjiki no Gash Bell!!: My number one choice for a fan of GTO. While on the surface it seems to be a bizarre Pokemon rip-off with little demon kids, it is much more than that. All of the elements of this seem designed to turn out something utterly trite, but the way that they are used makes this into something entirely unpredictable and utterly fun.
  • UFO Princess Warukyure: Fun! Ecchi! Sillyness! Go for it! (Even though it does have a bath scene in every single episode... Not to mention the cat-girl maid squad... Perhaps it goes a bit too far... )

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-02-24 at 01:39. Reason: I decided that one of my choices was inappropriate
Old 2004-02-24, 09:18   Link #5
KojiroHyuga

thanks for your help guys
i downloaded gokusen 1-6 . its really nice, i like it very much ( i just watched the first episode, will try later the others ).

@ nosanninwa thanks to your great help I will try full metal? fumoffu and full metal alchemist. hope its good

the other suggestions maybe i īll try ..

one question i want to ask are there any other comedy school anime.. and anyone knows Air master, is it worth watching ?
Old 2004-02-25, 16:53   Link #6
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Is Air Master worth watching... that's a tough question.

People either love this show or hate it. There isn't much room for middle ground. I love it, but there is no way to know which category you will fall into. If after watching episode 1 you don't like it, you might change your mind in a few episodes with the appearance of Sakiyama Kaori, but you might not. I'd recommend that you watch episode 1 and then make up your own mind. Download the HQA&N! version. It's the best one.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Closed Thread