Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-11-21, 00:26   Link #861
Kyomi
What do I know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
I thought of that too, but doing some more research on it, that wasn't correct.
Really just looks like a case of Hypermobility to me (Double Jointed)
I have it too and can also do what -KarumA- can.
Old 2007-11-21, 02:20   Link #862
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyomi View Post
Really just looks like a case of Hypermobility to me (Double Jointed)
I have it too and can also do what -KarumA- can.
If i use the keyword "Hypermobility" as in the google image search, you mean like that right Kyomi? Where you can bend your fingers or hands in a "L" shape?

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 03:51   Link #863
Kyomi
What do I know?

Right, Hypermobility. Didn't -KarumA- say something about being able to stretch his elbow up to the point that it looks like "^" I believe that's kind of stretching would fit as "Hypermobility" same applies for the part where you put your hand down and able to move the joint of the elbow in a very flexible way and almost pointing in any direction.

I can do almost 180 Deg. rotation (Maybe about 160 or so) of the elbow joint myself without moving my hand or shoulder, and it does freak people out because it naturally happens when I put my hand down somewhere and have a minimum of pressure on it. Though it seems I don't have Hypermobility Syndrome, or anyhow I don't have any of the "major" symptoms.
Old 2007-11-21, 09:21   Link #864
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyomi View Post
Right, Hypermobility. Didn't -KarumA- say something about being able to stretch his elbow up to the point that it looks like "^" I believe that's kind of stretching would fit as "Hypermobility" same applies for the part where you put your hand down and able to move the joint of the elbow in a very flexible way and almost pointing in any direction.

I can do almost 180 Deg. rotation (Maybe about 160 or so) of the elbow joint myself without moving my hand or shoulder, and it does freak people out because it naturally happens when I put my hand down somewhere and have a minimum of pressure on it. Though it seems I don't have Hypermobility Syndrome, or anyhow I don't have any of the "major" symptoms.
so that's what that is called
and yeh i can do the same, without putting any pressure on it or holding onto anything turn my ellebow around to about 160 degrees
people freak out when they see it because when i stretch my arm i automatically twist it, my sis would alwasy poke me and say "ooy do your arm normal!"

thanks for answering!
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 17:06   Link #865
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
so that's what that is called
and yeh i can do the same, without putting any pressure on it or holding onto anything turn my ellebow around to about 160 degrees
people freak out when they see it because when i stretch my arm i automatically twist it, my sis would alwasy poke me and say "ooy do your arm normal!"

thanks for answering!
I see, I see. I didn't know what "^" was, lol. A big capital "L" would be easier ^_^. Well... one more useless knowledge to add to my database of useless stuff.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2007-11-22, 01:43   Link #866
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
I see, I see. I didn't know what "^" was, lol. A big capital "L" would be easier ^_^. Well... one more useless knowledge to add to my database of useless stuff.
capital "L" o.o thats more like you stretch your arm and make an angle with your elbow.. :S
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 02:05   Link #867
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

I'm not a musical person once so ever, but I'm looking for the instrument that creates the neat sound for the first 20 seconds of the Ef ending. I'm not gonna buy it or anything but just for the sake of interest ^^

-The Ending Clip for reference ^^

Old 2007-11-23, 04:16   Link #868
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I'm not a musical person once so ever, but I'm looking for the instrument that creates the neat sound for the first 20 seconds of the Ef ending. I'm not gonna buy it or anything but just for the sake of interest ^^

-The Ending Clip for reference ^^
My first guess would be Harmonica. I considered it being a Accordion to, but the more i hear it the less i believe a accordion can produce such a sound.
Though my sense of music isn't what one would call good either, so i could be wrong

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 15:01   Link #869
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
My first guess would be Harmonica. I considered it being a Accordion to, but the more i hear it the less i believe a accordion can produce such a sound.
Though my sense of music isn't what one would call good either, so i could be wrong
I think you are correct. I went (yeah, yeah don't mind my broken grammar ^_^, "was") watching some movies on both and the Harmonica sounds seem much more similar to that of the song than the Accordion.

Old 2007-11-23, 16:40   Link #870
monster

For anybody who watched the original Iron Chef, did Kobe appear before or after Morimoto? Wikipedia says Morimoto appeared in February 1998, but nothing on Kobe except he came back to Japan after spending around 4 years in Italy after the show's debut in 1993. That would make it around 1997-98.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 18:50   Link #871
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

If memory serves me right, Morimoto came onto the show just a bit later than Kobe.

Edited: see following post.

Last edited by [DOT].L; 2007-11-23 at 21:38. Reason: See following post.
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 20:33   Link #872
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DOT].L View Post
If memory serves me right
LOL

I didn't expect Kobe to be the last one in since Kaga mentioned about getting another Iron Chef after the battle with the Thai chef during the Nakamura era. Anyways, thanks.

EDIT
To the post below: Oh, alright. Now that fits better with my above assumption.

Last edited by monster; 2007-11-24 at 04:20.
Old 2007-11-23, 21:35   Link #873
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
LOL

I didn't expect Kobe to be the last one in since Kaga mentioned about getting another Iron Chef after the battle with the Thai chef during the Nakamura era. Anyways, thanks.
Actually you know what, I got the names in reverse order (now why did that happen). It's Kobe who came first.
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 15:53   Link #874
Sakura_Kinomoto
Kaede/Ama Fan boy

hmmm just doing a bit of research and yeah it does look like Kobe came first
Sakura_Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 21:07   Link #875
monster

2 forum-related questions just out of curiosity:

1. If a thread starter deletes the first post, would the whole thread be deleted?
2. I assume it's an unused forum feature, but what's this group membership in the profile? (I'm not about talking about the custom group above the avatar.)
Old 2007-11-27, 21:53   Link #876
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:

1. If a thread starter deletes the first post, would the whole thread be deleted?
2. I assume it's an unused forum feature, but what's this group membership in the profile? (I'm not about talking about the custom group above the avatar.)
1. It shouldn't, it's jsut another post.
2. That is something that I personally think has no uses, it just display what your interests are. That's all I can remember ^^

Old 2007-11-27, 22:02   Link #877
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Its the same thing..

group membership in profile = custom group above avatar. Also, the profile list all group you joined ( go check Cats profile) but only display one above the avatar.

Currently, it brings no benefit, other then the fact that the feeling that you belong to a family inside a big huge family.. thats all ^^

oooo.. I just noticed I can view my infraction table in my profile Not just in my CP .. buuuu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 22:51   Link #878
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
Its the same thing..
Oh, so there is some use to it. Before, all I see is a lot of blanks.
Old 2007-11-27, 22:59   Link #879
Kyomi
What do I know?

Quote:

Actually I just checked an the "Delete" button under Edit does not appear on the thread you start, so I guess you could edit your post to nothingness, but not delete it.
Old 2007-11-27, 23:07   Link #880
monster

OK, thanks for the answers, people.

Tags
problem, q&a, serious