AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 235 73.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 67 20.87%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 2.80%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 1.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 0.62%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.31%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.31%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.62%
Voters: 321. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-15, 12:09   Link #241
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukoziak View Post
I was wondering about that too, but everyone just ignored me. (It happens to me a lot.)

But I'm assuming his Gundam was damaged, either during the battle or in the last battle, so he couldn't make use of the Trans-AM system.

Might be wise to rewatch this series again with fansubs. My Japanese is still too limited.
the only reason i can come up is because he is too mad to think. Lockon is usually the cool/collected guy.
angel_wing0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 12:09   Link #242
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Oh, and as for grunts being good...

Giant beam blast of doom > grunts. Always. So says Virtue's Trans-Am. Sure, it's still a sad excuse of a wannabe of Wing Zero. But at least it gives credence to my opinion that it's not the grunts that are so damn good--it's the meisters that simply don't have enough death blasting weaponry and skill to make the grunts look like the grunts in other non-UC shows.

You know, Allieuah was doing pretty good by flying all over the place like "dat Freedom" until that Ali and Soma showed up. Also, do you really expect Tiera to pull out stunts with that fatass virtue?

You enjoy seeing one-sided battles with the main character owning grunts left and right with god-like skills?(See, this is the impression I'm getting from you). *yawn* I had enough of that back in CE. You're sure one dedicated wing/CE fanboy, I'll you give that
Old 2008-03-15, 12:11   Link #243
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
I really hope Lockon kills Ali as well, but then again, I want to see Setsuna rips him apart too...
i just hope damn ali wont appear in the second season. I love the zwei, cant believe it ended up in such a bad guy's hands. And now he killed lockon...
Old 2008-03-15, 12:12   Link #244
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
You know, Allieuah was doing pretty good by flying all over the place like "dat Freedom" until that Ali and Soma showed up. Also, do you really expect Tiera to pull out stunts with that fatass virtue?
well he can and will with nadleeh next week
Old 2008-03-15, 12:13   Link #245
ashlay
the red string of fate

Damn you Ali Al Sarges! damn you to hell!

Well Lockon ended up being the cool older brother sacrifice after all. Still, it was a touching death, another good way to set the tone of the show (war is senseless, blah blah blah), and this really makes me want to see Alejandro and Ali dead. Meanwhile, this is a good chance for the main characters to start fighting amongst themselves and just overall drama now that they've lost one of their own and the one who more or less deliberated all the fights between the others at the same time. Wonder if Tieria's going to think he has a responsibility to protect felt now...

Anyway, this is really turning into a great second half/4th (quite a bit like what happened with Kuroda's Infinite Ryvius really...), I hope they can keep up this level of drama in the 'second season.'
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 12:13   Link #246
Lendial

virtue's transam might not be as pretty as the other's but what about nadleeh's?
Lendial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 12:14   Link #247
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

I hope, for the change, that Ali gets killed by Setsuna. But Al Sarshes should brear a scar after the clash with Lockon. Like... maybe he is partially blinded or his sense of physical balance is worsened enough to hamper his skills in the upcoming shodown with Soran Ibrahim.
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 12:16   Link #248
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendial View Post
virtue's transam might not be as pretty as the other's but what about nadleeh's?
we will see next week, tieria will use nadleeh to battle next week with trans-am according to the preview.
Old 2008-03-15, 12:18   Link #249
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
I hope, for the change, that Ali gets killed by Setsuna. But Al Sarshes should brear a scar after the clash with Lockon. Like... maybe he is partially blinded or his sense of physical balance is worsened enough to hamper his skills in the upcoming shodown with Soran Ibrahim.
Don't leave Tieria out. He deserve a share of the pie of cutting Ali down for Lockon.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 12:20   Link #250
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendial View Post
GaoGaiGar all over again.

"so this is THE POWER?"
Old 2008-03-15, 12:22   Link #251
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
Don't leave Tieria out. He deserve a share of the pie of cutting Ali down for Lockon.
Indeed. If Ali indeed survives, it is the Setsuna/Tieria duo that should finish him off for Neil. We've already seen them well synchronized and co-operating in formations and all during the fight with Trinity when Exia rushed out to fulfill its Meister's sense of justice so I am kinda for it, too
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 12:25   Link #252
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Even if Ali does survive, his Throne Zwei is pretty much scrapped and if he pilots a GN-X, he won't stand much chance against the crazy Meisters now...
Old 2008-03-15, 12:25   Link #253
ThoHell

Our Gundams are back to owning...YAY! Lock-on was awesome, but sad ending. Setsuna going to take some of the blame for it in the next episode? There was nothing he could do so I'm sure Virtue will figure it out. One thing good about this series, even the main characters can face tragedies like everyone else.....
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 12:28   Link #254
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Even if Ali does survive, his Throne Zwei is pretty much scrapped and if he pilots a GN-X, he won't stand much chance against the crazy Meisters now...
As long as it still has the GN Drive, they can rebuild it. (UN forces didn't have much of a problem fixing the damage Setsuna did last week)
Old 2008-03-15, 12:29   Link #255
lade

Does it get to any of you, how the meisters are the ones bleeding the a@#$es of while their supposed patrons, ( more like puppet masters ) aren't getting a hair out of place, ie Alejandro and Wang lu mei, they stand to gain everything if the meisters win and lose nothing if the meisters are all killed, they just fade into the background if that happens

(I could just imagine Wang lu mei on a beach , while the trinity siblings, who I hated anyway but can't help feeling sorry for with just how disposable they really are, were killed by ali : she chucks it as loss and goes back to the drawing board , making another safe plan.) I would be really shocked if by the end of this one of them doesn't kick the bucket.

Last edited by lade; 2008-03-15 at 14:53.
lade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 12:31   Link #256
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
As long as it still has the GN Drive, they can rebuild it. (UN forces didn't have much of a problem fixing the damage Setsuna did last week)
thats because the UN have the parts for some reason (ali mentioned in the ep)...maybe from the attack on the throne's base.

The more i watch that scene, the more i m convinced that ali is dead...i think lockon is convinced himself too and thats why he is so relaxed...
Old 2008-03-15, 12:31   Link #257
Key Board
Carbon

Reviving dead characters after an emotional farewell scene is what's horribly wrong with Sunrise (and western comic books)
Though, knowing the director I have faith that he won't commit another Seed Destiny/Mai Hime major cop out blunder

besides, Ali is awesome

h ttp://img380.imageshack.us/img380/3458/1205582816460ds8.jpg
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 12:33   Link #258
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_wing0 View Post
thats because the UN have the parts for some reason...maybe from the attack on the throne's base.

The more i watch that scene, the more i m convinced that ali is dead...
First rule of robot anime: if you don't see the person's body explode/get covered in white light, no matter how badly their MS is damaged, they're not dead.

see what happened to Kira back in SEED.
Old 2008-03-15, 12:33   Link #259
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lade View Post
Does it get to any off you, how the meisters are the ones bleeding the a@#$es of while their supposed patrons, puppet mastres aren't getting a hair out of place, ie alenadro and wang lu mei, they stand to gain everything if the meisters win and lose nothing if the meisters are all killed, just fade into the background if that happens

( could just imagine wang lu mei on a beach , while the trinity siblings, who I hated anyway but can't help feeling sorry for with just how disposable they really are killed by ali , she chucks as loss and goes back to making another safe plan.) I would be really shocked if by the end of tis one of them doesn't kick the bucket.
Yep, as it was pointed out, the Gundam Meisters are actually quite low on the totem pole, being the ones to risk their own lives.

But it is exactly that reason that they were given the Tranz Am. They are less likely to betray CB's ideals that those higher up on the command chain.
Old 2008-03-15, 12:34   Link #260
Flame-X
Anti-fan

truly an epic episode. this gets a 10 from me.