AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-07, 04:26   Link #1
Gaara.
Only God can Judge me

Send a message via ICQ to Gaara. Send a message via MSN to Gaara.
Is there any anime that Better than Naruto?

I am not saying that Naruto is the best or something...I just recently started to watch anime, and so far what I've seen is Inuyasha and Naruto....is there anything as good as Naruto??? or Better?
Old 2004-07-07, 05:44   Link #2
pantsu
station!!

not to be an ass, but check out:

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php

pick anyone that isn't naruto and enjoy. They're all better.
Old 2004-07-07, 06:35   Link #3
Halite
Salt of the Sea

Send a message via AIM to Halite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara.
I am not saying that Naruto is the best or something...I just recently started to watch anime, and so far what I've seen is Inuyasha and Naruto....is there anything as good as Naruto??? or Better?

Um... well... that is an opinion... personally i think naruto is good... but there are a lot of animes that I like much more... and i dont like inuyasha... are you asking me to list animes i like more... or are you just saying naruto kicks ass... lets go with the first one...

EVA... it has to be said, and is one, if not, the best
Trigun... if you like naruto this is probably up your alley, funny, action, and oh crap! a storyline
Cowboy Bebop... good music, good action, some good plots (note the plurl)
Ranma... naruto times ten... well it dies down after a few seasons
Tenchi Muyo!... another good comedy/action
Princess Mononke... great movie, better than some live action movies
FLCL... random... and i like that

Those are just my favs. there are others i like... but these are a good selection, and a great start if you are just getting into anime
Old 2004-07-07, 07:19   Link #4
Zipi-2
God

Send a message via ICQ to Zipi-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halite
Um... well... that is an opinion... personally i think naruto is good... but there are a lot of animes that I like much more... and i dont like inuyasha... are you asking me to list animes i like more... or are you just saying naruto kicks ass... lets go with the first one...

EVA... it has to be said, and is one, if not, the best
Trigun... if you like naruto this is probably up your alley, funny, action, and oh crap! a storyline
Cowboy Bebop... good music, good action, some good plots (note the plurl)
Ranma... naruto times ten... well it dies down after a few seasons
Tenchi Muyo!... another good comedy/action
Princess Mononke... great movie, better than some live action movies
FLCL... random... and i like that

Those are just my favs. there are others i like... but these are a good selection, and a great start if you are just getting into anime

hmmm i dont think eva is the best or any close to that ... didnt enjoy it that much...

any way better then naruto lets see:
Noir - coolest anime i have ever seen and a good plot altough a slow beging
Berserk - second best anime in my opinion . everything is good and nice exepet the shitty ending.

and like the guy i quated said
ranma , princess mononoke and cowboy bebop.
Old 2004-07-07, 08:23   Link #5
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Some anime I like and think you should check out.

In no order.....

Scryed- Awsome anime with some badass fights and decent story.

Hellsing- If you like vampires mixed with a sorta military theme, then this is where its at.

Blue Gender- If you like lots of blood and giant bug like creatures, your in heaven with this anime.

Full metal panic- Eye candy, funny, decent action, definitly worth a watch.

Samurai Champloo- Fairly new so no real fear of being spoiled, plus its an absoloutly awsome anime, slashing samurai with a hip-hop style. (very cool anime).
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Old 2004-07-07, 08:37   Link #6
Don Roberto
President of Euroslavia

Well, if you like Naruto I STRONGLY reccomend Hunter x Hunter. I'm sorry to say this but i'm starting to think Hunter x Hunter > Naruto.
Old 2004-07-07, 09:49   Link #7
7thMethuselah

a few top titles in my book

Love Hina : ecchi-comedy-romance one of the funniest anime's in this genre i've ever seen

Full Metal Panic : an awesome mix of mecha, action, comedy, and a bit of romance. deals with an elite school who gets send back to school to protect a girl from terrorists.

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien : Drama anime : a very dramatic and touching anime about a triangle relationship.

SaishuuHeiki Kanojo : this is a must-see, a romance drama anime in the background of a war, extremely emotional, be sure to bring a box of tissues when seeing this.

Great Teacher Onizuka : comedy : about an ex-gang member and biker that becomes a high school teacher, you've never seen anything like this, Onizuka is like the definition of coolness

Bakuretsu Tenshi : A chicks with guns action/mecha anime set in a futuristic Tokyo. Lots of action, a touch of ecchi, awesome (!) animation, great story, ... Anyway, be sure to check it out.

Compared to these titles, Naruto is very very average ...
Old 2004-07-07, 09:51   Link #8
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
If there are anime better than Naruto (and there is a lot of anime better), I would recommend my personal favorites:

Excel Saga: The full series in a box set is out now named Excel Saga: The IMperfect Collection. I highly recommend this anime.

One Piece: Like Naruto, but with Pirates and most likely better!

Those are the only anime I could recommend with very little knowledge about your tastes in anime. I'm sure other people will recommend more anime, or come in here to claim that Naruto's the greatest thing ever.
Old 2004-07-07, 10:34   Link #9
_Riku_

well

Gundam Seed- If you like the Sasuke Naruto friendship....Then you'll probably like this one
Full Metal Alchemist- Mustang pwns ^^
Evangelion- ownage
Chobits- Chii is soo cute
Old 2004-07-07, 10:47   Link #10
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah

Love Hina : ecchi-comedy-romance one of the funniest anime's in this genre i've ever seen

Full Metal Panic : an awesome mix of mecha, action, comedy, and a bit of romance. deals with an elite school who gets send back to school to protect a girl from terrorists.

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien : Drama anime : a very dramatic and touching anime about a triangle relationship.

SaishuuHeiki Kanojo : this is a must-see, a romance drama anime in the background of a war, extremely emotional, be sure to bring a box of tissues when seeing this.

Great Teacher Onizuka : comedy : about an ex-gang member and biker that becomes a high school teacher, you've never seen anything like this, Onizuka is like the definition of coolness

Bakuretsu Tenshi : A chicks with guns action/mecha anime set in a futuristic Tokyo. Lots of action, a touch of ecchi, awesome (!) animation, great story, ... Anyway, be sure to check it out.

Blah! Naruto bitch slaps all those titles.

Sorry but soppy drama and lame romance anime make me cringe.

*Shudders at the tissues comment*
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Old 2004-07-07, 11:13   Link #11
Gaara.
Only God can Judge me

Send a message via ICQ to Gaara. Send a message via MSN to Gaara.
Thanks for all the recomended stuff!
Old 2004-07-07, 11:17   Link #12
Nubixkube

It really depends on what type of anime you like, Naruto and One Piece are probably the best of their kind. Considering each series current plot and character growth, I'd say that One Piece is actually better than Naruto by just a tad. But because of One Piece's rocky start I'd say overall Naruto and One Piece are about equal together.

Oh yeah, that guy who recommended all those series at Animesuki, please don't pick one, because hardly any of those are better than Naruto.

Fullmetal alchemist freaking sucks compared to Naruto, then again I hate FMA so my opinion might be bias. It's just the first 19 episodes are a waste of time, all it is is pretty much listening to this :

Spoiler:

Some good series that I would recommend to anyone would have to be:

Berserk
Gantz - This series is freaking amazing, the manga is even better.
Gungrave - Truely amazing.
Monster - Another absolutely amazing series.
Full Metal Panic - This is a good series, kinda of mecha like, but strong character development.
Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu - this is like FMP, but is more of a romance / comedy, that is very good (i'd save you'd have to watch FMP before you watched Fumoffu.
Last Exile - Amazingly drawn, awesome story, just awesome.
Prince of Tennis - A excellent series about Tennis (sounds ironic, but its true)
Dear Boys - Good Anime about basketball

There are lots of series that are just as enjoyable or more enjoyable than Naruto, but almost all of those series don't fit into the same genre. Someone who likes draumatic / mystery series would say that Monster is 100x better than Naruto, but you can't really comapre the two since that opinion is all in the eye of the beholder.

All you can do is if your willing to watch other animes, is just take other people opinions, weight out your options and just try to watch another series. Sometimes you'll think to yourself "man that guy was right this is awesome" or "what was that guy smoking", but you just gotta try and if you find a series you don't like, then just move on to another one.

Also, you can go to a place like www.animeacademy.com or www.animenfo.com to get reviews of anime titles, so you can sometimes figure out what a series is about before you watch it.
Old 2004-07-07, 11:39   Link #13
syntex
Error 641

Yea I agree Naruto is a pretty good anime - when it first started, now the arcs in the animes dont really match up when you compare it to One Piece, so go watch some One Piece, as well Rurouni Kenshin just about kicks every anime's ass

lol jks....... or is it ??? <*moves eye brow*>
Old 2004-07-07, 13:52   Link #14
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

If you are looking for similar stuff, I strongly recomend to check Hunter X Hunter or Saint Seiya Hades Ovas. they are not licensed so It should not be a problem for you to get them.

And if you can get your hands on any of these two licensed shows, please do it:

1. Saint Seiya. Best Graphics, Best music, best character development, Best Fighting secuences.

2. Berserk. Best story line Ever. Deep, complex and shocking (at times disturbing).

These 3 shows are somewhat related to naruto, and I asure you, you'll love them as much as naruto.
Old 2004-07-07, 15:11   Link #15
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

1. One Piece
2. Hunter x Hunter
3. Naruto

Oh, and even though it's finished you should see:
Azumanga Daioh!!

and don't forget La Blue Girl
Old 2004-07-07, 17:47   Link #16
ninja massacre

Send a message via MSN to ninja massacre
Naruto owns all anime iv'e seen so far....like

Evangelion - robo and other wierd stuff does not interest me at all

cowboy beebop - real great! but nothing compared to naruto

Trigun - It's OK

Samurai deeper KYO - kinda good but I really think they copied alot of stuff from naruto and then i mean ALOT...thou im not sure because I don't know if it's older then naruto

Hellsing - wonderful! but vampires or ninjas?? NINJAS!

Hacksign - to geeky..

Getbackers - cool, funny anime

NARUTO owns them all I think but that's maybe because I just happen to love everything about the NARUTO serie
Old 2004-07-07, 21:39   Link #17
NarutoHead

Send a message via AIM to NarutoHead
all the naruto haters will try to sucker you in and tell you Naruto sucks

but in all honesty it's a geat show.

I think with all the hype around it it's a love/hate show. In it's genre? I don't believe you'd find anything better. But there are plenty of other anime's to check out.

I personally can't watch just Naruto seeing as how I have to wait a week for 1 episode.

some favez

Scrapped Princess

Boys Be- i just liked this one

Tenjou Tenge

Champloo.

Naruto is the most aniticpated of all but I'm always enjoying myself with a shower of others. Currently I really want to get a hold of Love Hina. Maybe suncoast will have it.
Old 2004-07-07, 21:48   Link #18
NarutoHead

Send a message via AIM to NarutoHead
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah

i HATED that show with a passion. Nothing happened and I got bored with it so quickly!

sorry, but i had high hopes for it and even though the art was good, i just the humor was bad, the story wasn't too great, and there wasn't enough ecchi to make me forget/ignore the lack of story and humor

Maybe i didn't get far enough but i'm not turning back. lol conflict of interests
Old 2004-07-07, 22:13   Link #19
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

like my sig says, there's more to life than naruto! here's a "short" list:
Popotan
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
Da Capo
Kanon
Madlax
Hellsing
Cowboy Bebop
Escaflowne
Wolf's Rain
Full Moon wo Sagashite
Azumanga Daioh
Sensei no Ojikan
any of the dozen gundam series
Bakuretsu Tenshi
Lunar Legend Tsukihime (AKA Shingetsutan Tsukihime)
To Heart
Mahou Shoujo-tai
Aishiteru ze Baby (AKA "Baby, My Love")
Narutaru (it couldn't have LESS to do with Naruto)
Pita Ten
Precure
Samurai 7
Samurai Champloo
Tenjou Tenge
Rurouni Kenshin (TV series and OVAs)
Akira
Ghost in the Shell
Ninja Scroll (movie)
Tenchi Muyo! (OVAs, 2 TV series, GXP, pretty sammy...)
The SoulTaker
Last Exile
Midori no Hibi
Girls Bravo
Love Hina
GANTZ
Mizuiro
Martian Successor Nadesico
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Comic Party
Wind ~a breath of heart~
Hanaukyo Maids
Maburaho
Maria-sam ga Miteru
Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai
MAICO 2010
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito
One Piece
Hunter x Hunter
Yumeria
Get Backers
Onegai Twins/Teacher
Happy Lesson
Steel Angel Kurumi
Saber Marionette J
Monster
Fruits Basket
FLCL
Kare Kano
Kiddy Grade
Blue Gender
Legend of Black Heaven (AKA Kacho O-ji)
Rizelmine
Saikano
Those Who Hunt Elves
Ragnarok: The Animation
Ranma 1/2
Urusei Yatsura
Maiison Ikkoku

and that's just off the top of my head, that should give you a sufficient list, but i can keep it short:
ANYTHING

Naruto isn't bad, but it's not the best!
Old 2004-07-07, 23:32   Link #20
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request

Infinite Ryvius - think Lord of the Flies in space!!! I loved this series with a passion, had me on edge almost every episode.

Also try Juunki Kokki, Konjiki no Gash Bell and Chrno Crusade (sorry for all the licensed stuff, but it's worth it)
Closed Thread