AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-03-03, 01:04   Link #40641
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

@ demino

it could be worse. i have at least 15 different ideas on my head, but with my notebook unavailable atm i can't write a thing.
Before youask, this is my dad's notebook, and is a piece of crap.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 01:13   Link #40642
agetreme
Just another Idiot

I think you should focus on back-stories first, then from there, develop the technology and characters relationship.

It is more natural this way rather than just jumping all over the place.

For example:

Technology:
Uchigane > Tenshi (Uchigane + Raphael design for more speed, an excuse why Byakushiki look drastically different from other Japanese Unit) > Byakushiki (original)

(Due to (original) Byakushiki being scrapped):
Uchigane> Uchigane Juusoubi (Heavy Armament) > Uchigane Nigata (half-completed)

Relationship:
OC admire Tabane > OC meet Tabane > Tabane trolled> OC dislike Tabane > OC deliberately keep sabotaging Tabane's plan > Now the feeling is mutual (read: "THIS IS WAR!!".)

Rather than "destined for each other" or "chosen pairing", go with your imagination, put character A with character B and see if there is any chemistry between the two.

If there is any similarity in interest, they would probably be attracted to each other.

For the Canon character, probably give the reader one a good reason/excuse why the harem like Ichika.

Not sure if it is a sound advice because I don't use it.... which is why I am going nowhere.

Still trying to get a feel of Infinite Stratos characters.... Just feels kind of hard to get a grasp the girls' personality.....

Mostly because they seldom interact with other characters to show us how they are like beyond swooning over Ichika.

Except for.....
Maya and Chifuyu (Even though they are talking about Ichika but it shows Maya's personality beyond being a klutz and Chifuyu being a little over-protective.)

Charlotte and Laura (a side-story about them together)

Probably Kanzashi too....
==

Edit: It is easier to see a character's personality when they are not focusing on their love interest...

Take for example:

Super-Lesbian Kuroko(To-aru): If you only see her from Mikoto's eyes, you only see a crazy lesbian bitch but if you see from her and characters's (other than Mikoto) POV, you could see that the girl actually is more than just a Psycho-Lesbian.
Old 2013-03-03, 01:32   Link #40643
demino_hellsin
That one guy

for reasons of background:

-I'm currently working on Clarissa's IS in Cake eater, Aniel. The 3rd generation IS that could have gone well past 4th and straight to 5th had it not been flawed with only one thing. Nobody wants to pilot it because it requires them to be butt nekid inside. Clarissa being the only one willing because to her it's not really a big deal as she's a literal commando so she has some experience on not wearing undergarments.

-Problem is conceptualizing this is mixing up with my Zero no Tsukaima thought processes as I try to figure out how Louise would be treated when her familiar summoning produces no familiar but instead it labels her as her own familiar. So she'd be both noble and familiar at once which completely throws all their laws out the window and I have no idea whether I want to portray it as having her situation be worse to being a familiar or would she be treated as a mere outcast of a noble...
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 01:35   Link #40644
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
It is easier to see a character's personality when they are not focusing on their love interest...

Take for example:

Super-Lesbian Kuroko(To-aru): If you only see her from Mikoto's eyes, you only see a crazy lesbian bitch but if you see from her and characters's (other than Mikoto) POV, you could see that the girl actually is more than just a Psycho-Lesbian.
Exactly what I.S. needed, or harem comedy in general.

To be honest, my works are plagued by this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
-Problem is conceptualizing this is mixing up with my Zero no Tsukaima thought processes as I try to figure out how Louise would be treated when her familiar summoning produces no familiar but instead it labels her as her own familiar. So she'd be both noble and familiar at once which completely throws all their laws out the window and I have no idea whether I want to portray it as having her situation be worse to being a familiar or would she be treated as a mere outcast of a noble...
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...0648&page=1878

It'll be beneficial to read the rest
Old 2013-03-03, 01:59   Link #40645
demino_hellsin
That one guy

well it was close... but not quite the same situation. I have a better idea now but nothing concrete.
Old 2013-03-03, 02:09   Link #40646
DarkJak2050

Another one in the archive.

Infinite Stratos Sarashiki's Champion
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 05:50   Link #40647
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Not yet, I'm going to wait for the second chapter....
Old 2013-03-03, 06:53   Link #40648
DarkJak2050

Here's something that I have tech wise.

Spoiler for Silverback's 2nd Phase:

Might change it at a later time. Any thoughts on it?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 07:01   Link #40649
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Trying too hard much? I'm going to refer to Demi's old comment in this case: the mood swing is unbelievably impressive. But since I follow this story from chapter 1, nothing surprise me.

That meta comment aside here's my though:
> It's intentional: meaning the designer is probably unhinged, which is not hard considering his apparent age and the trauma he experienced in story. Depending how the plot progress, this can be tragic or narmtastic.

> It's unintentional: Meaning the machine is ax crazy, AI or no. This can be played for horror or disgust, because a bloodstained warmachine usually means lack of maintenance (ask Stratos or hawke if you wish to know) or something is 'off'
Old 2013-03-03, 07:22   Link #40650
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

^
What he said. Bloodstain killcount marks work in post-apocalyptic scenarios but in the sane world of the IS-verse... Probably something like spray marks would do if you want it to show off its experience.

Pretty sure I've seen something like that on the side of a fighter jet's nose cone.

Now onto my bit:
Since it's implied that Tabane provided the villian group with the IS' schematics for their replica drones, would it make sense that the drones gets hacked halfway and suddenly changes their target from the IS Academy to the Akatsubaki?
Old 2013-03-03, 07:37   Link #40651
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nose-paint in aircraft or bow/hull-stamp on ship and submarines, indeed, it's not rare during wartime.

Also yes, Tabane should be able to hack anything she made herself, the only question is how long the owner can thwart her (In mine there's a point where Akatsubaki is ditched)
Old 2013-03-03, 08:49   Link #40652
demino_hellsin
That one guy

What happens when you try to sync up information being processed by a last gen CPU to a next gen CPU?
Old 2013-03-03, 09:02   Link #40653
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

1. Information went too fast, system crash, or a combination thereof (try playing pacman without limiter)
2. Improved processing, stuff got better but there's coding limit anyway (see Crysis, or when playing PS2 games in PS3)

Usually don't go that bad unless the difference is striking (Pentium 1 and 3 for example)
Old 2013-03-03, 09:03   Link #40654
demino_hellsin
That one guy

something along the lines of a pentium 1 to an i5 more like.
Old 2013-03-03, 09:05   Link #40655
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The last time that happen the game over screen appear with 20x BGM speed. (DOS to Window XP to be precise DOS and 7 don't work at all)
Old 2013-03-03, 09:56   Link #40656
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Dang... Whenever I think of Chifuyu, Gentarou is just the first guy to pop up. It's like this abvnormal chemistry that exists only in my head.
Old 2013-03-03, 10:02   Link #40657
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Don't worry, some fans of nanoha enraged I sunk a canon couple (married with children, even), or actually, several of them at once. OTP is OTP and no one can force you, this is what I told them.

(Though I admit Chifuyu with anyone younger is hilarity to the core)

The only peaceful solution is avoid "Ron the Death Eater" and "Die for our ship", and it works so far.
Old 2013-03-03, 10:29   Link #40658
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It's hilariouis for a list of reasons, but the thing I like best is that Chifuyu's the stoic adult and Gentarou is the idealistic hot-blooded delinquent. It's just... Yeaaaaah... The sheer possibilities of daily conversations.

more so the awkward with people Chifuyu and the excessively friendly Gentarou... Jealousy MAX!?

Just saw Fourze movie and they really pushed friendship as the source of the rider's powers

It made me rethink my view on icosmic energy which I concluded as entropy. What if cosmic energy was a mix of entropy and friendship power?(just roll with it). Tabane works out that cosmic energy is entropy but not friendship power, because friendship power isn't scientific. Cue being proven wrong by Genta and his army of friends XD
Old 2013-03-03, 10:38   Link #40659
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Just balance things out

That's about as far as I can tell you
Old 2013-03-03, 10:46   Link #40660
demino_hellsin
That one guy

My issue on the Fourze idea is now Tabane. I feel like... She's also an interesting antagonist/foil to Gentarou. Where Gen believes he can befriend everything in the universe, including a satellite weapon and a girlfriend in a semi-sentient space slime. Tabane is the utter opposite. She immediately discards bonds and only keeps those she is very particular with or she finds them specifically to her liking. For everything else it's either passively active hostility where she just spites everyone. Or just utter dismissal. Also, Genchan believes in his heart while Tabane believes in her brain.

Does she feel like an antithesis?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest