AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-13, 23:09   Link #2701
Tnuk3

Group: Hi no Tori Fansubs
Position(s): AFX Typesetter, Translation checker
Project(s): Ultraman NEOS & Future Projects
IRC Channel: #HiNoTori-Fansubs@irc.rizon.net
E-Mail: Tnuk3@comcast.net

We are an established group going on several years now. Our main focus has been older live action tokusatsu series, but we have broaden our thinking to other areas as well. All positions are filled more or less, but at this current point in time we are very slow, and would like to speed things up. We are very dedicated and have some very talented people working with us, and would like to add to that roster.
We are looking for an experienced AFX Typesetter to help typeset our new projects, and a spot checker for translations.
Old 2009-11-14, 19:19   Link #2702
roundboy2005

Position(s): Translators, Translation Checkers, Timers, Typesetter, Editors, Encoder, Raw Providers, etc.
Group: INP
Current Project(s): The Sacred Blacksmith, Nyan Koi!
Possible Future Project: Hanamaru Kindergarten, Sora No Woto, Katanagatari.
IRC Channel: irc://rizon.net/inp
E-Mail: roundboy2005@live.com or drop me a pm here.

Hey, we just picked up Nyan Koi recently. And we're looking for those who's interested in helping us with Sacred Blacksmith and Nyan Koi. If not, then talk to us about this winter project. The three listed above are what we're interested in doing. Thank you.
Old 2009-11-16, 04:54   Link #2703
Alcyone

Group: Hitode Fansubs
Looking for: Dedicated Translators, Editors
Projects for winter:If you're applying for Translator, you can choose the anime you wanna sub.
Past projects:Princess Lover, To Heart 2 Adplus, Chocolate Underground, Aria, etc...
Site: http://hitodefansubs.blogspot.com/
IRC:#hitode@irc.rizon.net
#Hitode-Recruit

We prefer those with experience and commitment but we can train you too.
Hope to meet you ^_^

Last edited by Alcyone; 2009-11-16 at 05:48. Reason: Edited
Old 2009-11-17, 15:01   Link #2704
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Group: Formula
Project: When the Cool & Spicy Cry Ookamikakushi et al
Position: Distro (Bot providers and torrent seeders)

Never to early to think about winter. PM me here or find Merines on Rizon.

Last edited by the.Merines; 2009-12-02 at 19:36.
Old 2009-11-17, 17:12   Link #2705
OneLastRemix

Group: Koharubi
IRC Channel: #koharubi@irc.rizon.net
IRC Contact: Lefty, Red_Alchemist, Entidus

We are in DESPERATE need of Japanese -> English, or Chinese -> English translators. Currently, many of our TLs, if not all of them, are either AWOL or extremely busy, causing a sudden halt in our production. Therefore, we are in desperate need in some help.

The translator job is self-explanitory. As I said, we are in desperate need. If you are interested, just PM me, or contact Lefty, Red_Alchemist, or Entidus on IRC.
Old 2009-11-18, 05:57   Link #2706
Luffyz

Group: Kesenai Subtitles
Projects: Letter Bee, Souten Kouro, some other projects
Positions:
  • DISTRO(Bot provider/Torrent Seeder -upload speed over 20mbps-)
  • Experienced Aegi Typestter for Letter Bee, Souten Kouro, and other projects!
  • "Translators or Translation Checkers that will translate/check from Japanese to English, also we are looking for someone who is really good with GB-Chinese(Simplified Chinese) that could translate to English(*He needs to handle Chinese and English well)."
  • Experienced Encoder!
  • Timers, Editors, Karaoke Effects Maker, Quality Checkers.
IRC: #kesenai-recruits@irc.​rizon.​net
Kesenai Subtitles Recruitment recruit@kesenai.net
Old 2009-11-20, 06:28   Link #2707
Sindalf

Group: Tomodachi (TMD)
Projects: Dance in the Vampire Bund, Black Rock Shooter, Sengoku Basara - 2nd Season

Positions

All Staff is required to use irc. We are looking to release all shows within a 12hrs of air time. We will be using google docs for most of our translation and editing.

J > E translators: Must be fluent in both languages. We do not allow translation notes unless absolutely necessary.

Translation Checkers: Must be of equal or greater skill than the translator.

Typesetter: Must be able to create softsub signs that look like they were not added to the episode by the fansubbers.

Editors: Must have an excellent grasp of the English language. Ability to spot grammar and consistency errors.

Quality Checkers: Must have all the skills required to edit and time. Spot mistakes with excellent accuracy. Willing to list changes to the script without being afraid of hurting another members feelings.

Encoders: Must be able to work with multiple kinds of sources. Encode in both h264 and xvid when needed. Quad or i7 preferred. Must have a fast internet speed. Video quality is a must!

Raw Cappers: Someone who can provide us with .ts raws right after air time. This job does not require irc.

Distro: More seed boxes or irc bots never hurt.

We are also open to joints depending on the staff you provide.

IRC Channel: #tomodachi@irc.rizon.net

Last edited by Sindalf; 2009-11-20 at 17:38.
Old 2009-11-21, 01:15   Link #2708
TobiasAmaranth

Looking for

Position: Karaoke Effects
Group: ZoomXofSubs
Projects: Juu Senshi Garukiba, Roadside Romeo (Movie)

E-Mail: TobiasAmaranth@gmail.com
IRC Contact: TobiasAmaranth - Rizon

Bit of a lone wolf here, a few personal projects that I'm working on re-subbing (first one was a Hong-Kong sub, second one was low quality 'official' subs for an overseas release) and what I'm missing is someone to do animated karaoke effects for the OP/ED, and some insert songs. Juu Senshi Garukiba has just the OP / ED, Roadside Romeo has 6 main songs and 2 smaller bits within it. Just contact me over e-mail and I'll give more details. I'm looking for someone who can really match the feel of the scene where the song is.
Old 2009-11-22, 18:44   Link #2709
tantei okuoku
Mystery Otaku

Please HELP KAW

Position: Karaoke Effects, Typesers, Encoder, Raw Provider
Group: KAW/ Kindaichi Academy Works
Projects: Kindaichi case files

E-Mail: Seabiscuit.0@gmail.com
IRC Contact: Tantei - Rizon

Kindaichi academy works really needs some anime typesetters since all three of ours are currently to busy, and we have 7 fully translated scripts/episodes for kindaichi alone that need typesetting. also we could really use some help working the anime raw p2p programs, because while we have raws for most episodes are translators are complaining about the quality making it hard to read the kanji so we can figure out everyones names. I would normally not do something like this however we really need some help and I am running out of people to recruit for this project. we would also love to have more Timers, Translators (french to english, CHN to english, and of course JP to english) or Translation checkers (JP to english only). and Karaoke people. we really NEED RAW PROVIDERS (really needed for episodes 1-13 since we have very few raws and we are helping spider (irc name) do an Arabic release of kindaichi as well) (we can not find HQ raws online) AND TYPESETTERS

if you can help the please talk to me on irc (tantei on rizon) or pm on here. our irc chanel is #kindaichi on rizion
Old 2009-11-23, 02:43   Link #2710
Mouryou

HELP Hiyono is recruiting for any staff position

Group:Hiyono

Position(s): We are recruiting for any positions to increase staff
and hopefully start other projects or replace a staff member
who has dropped out to stay active.

Project(s): Hiyono is currently doing Fairy Tail
and a subdivision group of the same staff called
MOT who subs h-genre anime in their free time that hasn't been subbed.
But we hope to increase the number of projects in the future with your help. ^^

You can come by and leave a comment on our wall if you're interested
of course you have to sign up to post a comment in the wall.

IRC Channel:irc://irc.rizon.net/hiyonolist
Join in and PM either Mouryou or hiyonomay in the channel
or just message in the channel and we'll get to you.
Old 2009-11-23, 05:43   Link #2711
Genjo
Genjo-Subs Founder
*Fansubber

Genjo recruitment post

Position(s):

Translators Japanese to English (NEEDED!!)
Being able to translate our projects from Japanese to English
Experience Required: No experience is required, but you must know the Japanese and English language well enough to translate.

Translation Checkers
(NEEDED!?!?)
Experience Required: Must be good at Japanese to spot our errors that might be left behind from the other translators.
Note: This only requires you to do a check over the translation, not to do a full translation.

Editors(NEEDED!?!?)
Someone that goes through the English translation to make sure it is grammatically sound, and makes sense. Editors also ensure that typos, and other errors in regards to the translation are eradicated.
Experience Required: Must have a strong understanding of the English language.

Timers(NEEDED!?!?)
Being able to time when the translated text will show/disappear on the episode.
Experience Required: Must know how to scene time, and not have any scene bleeding. We can teach you if your not experienced.

Quality Checkers(NEEDED!?!?)
Check for issues such as graphical artifacts, timing errors, typos, grammar, legibility, sound and video quality.
Experience Required: no experience required.We can teach you if your not experienced.

Raw Providers(NEEDED!?!?)
Supplying the raw episode to our staff from Japan in a timely manner.
Experience Required: Must know how to find and download episodes in high quality, and then upload it to our ftp so our translators can start translating.

Karaoke AFX(NEEDED!?!?)
Designing the text effects for the Opening/Closing songs of our projects.
Experience Required: Experience is a must

Distro(NEEDED!?!?)
Being able to either seed(Bittorrent), serve a XDCC bot or host Direct Downloads.
Experience Required: No experience required.

Encoders(NEEDED!?!?)
Getting the final raw/translation/timing and putting it all together to release the final product which will be ether in MKV or AVI.

Typesetter AFX(NEEDED!?!)
the make signs in english for signs that were in Japanese and really good typesetters make it look like it was originally there and not even added in

Project(s):

IRC Channel:
genjo-Recruits@rizon.net

IRC Contact:
Genjo

E-Mail: waglwag85@yahoo.com

Extra info:
PM me and if ya dont get reply back just idle in the chan until i get to ya.

we currently in need translator if we going be doing any project's! please E-mail if ya a translator wanting to join.
Old 2009-11-23, 05:55   Link #2712
ArabianSwan
Ureshii ^_^

Send a message via AIM to ArabianSwan
Project: TO OVA
Position: Translator
Group: What's the point in that? We are freelancers from other groups. Make sure the staff are from the best
Contact: pm here.. in rizon same nick or arabianswan at yahoo do ca

Some group may have already started working on this OVA, but I'm a CG fan and so some of those subbing around me. So we thought to give it a try!! We just need THE translator who can provide us with the scripts within a week... yah we won't group for you and idle for a month to have them They are 2 parts, each is 45 min... our Aoi translator finished the TV Special in less than 12 hrs If he can do that... so could you
Old 2009-11-24, 03:27   Link #2713
Kamikazenor

Group : Phantom-subs

Positions : Translators (jap>eng, chi>eng) and translation checkers (jap>eng) are needed for our current projects and future projects.

Contact : Mail me or talk to me on msn at leifruben@hotmail.com. I'm also available on IRC (#phantom-subs@irc.rizon.net) with the nick Kamikazeeee. If I'm not around on IRC, please talk to Mwarhead.

If you're interested in these positions, or any other positions for that matter, please don't hesitate to contact us.
And if you want to know what you'll be working on now and later, just contact me and we'll talk about it.

Last edited by Kamikazenor; 2009-12-04 at 05:08.
Old 2009-11-24, 14:01   Link #2714
andy_blah
~Buri Buri!~
*Fansubber

Group: Kureyon Alliance
Contact: (WLM or e-mail); PM here; #kureyonalliance at Tennoko
Projects: Various, contact me for more information~
We need(priority order):
Translator(s)
Encoder
Karaoke effects
Capper(s)
RAW Providers

u - urgent need

Info:We accept other projects as long as they are comedy and/or slice-of-life, and only if you can fill a position for it.
Old 2009-11-24, 15:45   Link #2715
Enigma Collective
*Fansubber

EnigmaCollective is still in need of a translator for the winter 2009 season. If you are a JP->EN translator then give us a call, we're willing to work on almost anything you want.

Contact us on #enigmacollective@irc.rizon.net
Visit our forums at forums.enigmacollective.org
or e-mail us at donkie737@enigmacollective.org
Old 2009-11-27, 01:55   Link #2716
ASR1FanSubs
Feeling Big in Your Chair

Send a message via ICQ to ASR1FanSubs
Hi all,

ASR:Kurou Underground Translations (ASR for short) is looking for motivated individuals to help sub a few projects this summer and beyond. We're a small but growing group that started out as a speedsub group, but has since then developed into releasing high-quality fansubs for several popular anime series.

Capper: If you're able to cap things that aren't available on DVD, or get us releases even the slightest bit earlier, we'd love to have you onboard.

Translator: Japanese->English preferred, though at this point we're willing to take Chinese->English or Korean->English. You must be proficient in your language, however; first- and second-year language students need not apply.

Translation Checker: Same as above, though the requirements aren't so stringent in terms of Japanese. You must have flawless English skills, though.

Encoder: You must have a fairly powerful computer- our current encoder does all of his work off of his laptop, which is pretty slow. In addition, you must have a decent internet connection, as you'll be uploading workraws and final encodes, which take a significant amount of bandwidth. If you're not familiar with encoding, he is a wealth of knowledge on the subject, however, so extensive experience in this field is not required, though it is preferred.

Styler/Typesetter: A good eye for aesthetics is required, and the ability to be on when scheduled.

Timer: Some experience with Aegisub is preferred, though not strictly necessary. As always with timing, great patience is a must.

Quality Control: Only two criteria are really necessary for this job- a good handle of English, and the ability to be on and present when we need you. You'll be watching (and re-watching, preferably) our release candidates for errors with translation, timing, or encoding immediately prior to distribution, so you're the last line of defense, so to speak.

Our primary concern with the above positions is that you be able to hang out with us and work efficiently. Not a whole lot else is required aside from the position-specific skills. If you fit any of the above positions and are looking to contribute to the fansubbing community, please give us a ring either in our IRC channel at #ASR1 on Rizon, or by email at: admin (at) asrkurou (dot) com.

We're a fun group of people, so even if you aren't looking to work for us, please visit us at #ASR1 on Rizon! Hope to see you there soon!
Old 2009-11-30, 01:17   Link #2717
Yamabuki1993

Hi

Looking for a translator to translate the last episode (13) of Mouryou no Hako and the special (14).

Japanese to English translator, and I'll do the rest. No hardsubbing, no sing-along karaokes, some editing, no BS.

Just wanna get this done because it's a good series and no one wants to do anything with it since it's CLAMP drawn.

The raws are around the internet (hint: google).

PM me the script or e-mail me at Yamabuki1993@hotmail.com.

I'll get it done by the weekend.

Thanks

Last edited by Yamabuki1993; 2009-11-30 at 01:18. Reason: html fail
Old 2009-12-01, 20:07   Link #2718
Excale

ExSSubs

We are a new fansub group that we are hoping to get up and running for the Winter Anime Season of 2009-2010. Most of the people we got fill all of the bottom but we need all the manpower we can get, and all of them have good experience. But don't be hesitant to join, we will gladly welcome you.

You can contact us several ways:
1. IRC at Rizon at #ExSSubs
2. Me at buddybudddude@hotmail.com (MSN and email)
3. Me also at buddybudddude@aim.com (AIM only)
4. http://www.exssubs.wordpress.com

Translator: Japanese->English only please, sorry.

Translation Checker: Must be Japanese->English but must have good English skills (similar to Editor skills) as in HS English skills at minimum.

Encoder: You must have a fairly powerful computer- you must have a decent internet connection, as you'll be uploading raws and final encodes, which will take a large amount of bandwidth. If you're not familiar with encoding, then you can just ask us if you apply.

Styler/Typesetter: A mind and eye with tastes

Timer: Some experience with Aegisub is preferred, though not really necessary, infact, if you are willing to learn, you will do fine. With timing, great patience is a must.

Quality Control: Only two criteria are really necessary for this position, decent knowledge of English (HS level) English, and the ability to be on frequently and available. You'll be watching (and re-watching) our RC (release candidates) for everything, errors with translation, timing, or encoding immediately prior to distribution.

Last edited by Excale; 2009-12-01 at 20:47.
Old 2009-12-02, 04:44   Link #2719
livs20

AnimeYoshi

This old group is looking for some new people. Every position is open at this time.
But what we really need are translators, translation checkers and encoders.

Current Projects: Asu no Yoichi, The Sacred BlackSmith.

You can e-mail us at animeyoshi@gmail.com or visit us on irc #AY-recruit@irc.rizon.net
and our website is www.animeyoshi.net

Hopefully with the new people we can finish off those other 2 old projects and start maybe a new one in january. Thank you.

Last edited by livs20; 2009-12-02 at 05:31.
Old 2009-12-03, 00:08   Link #2720
yuurisan
retired fansubbers

Send a message via MSN to yuurisan
Hi, Yuurisan-Subs is looking for a Japanese->English Translator to pick up a project for the Winter.

If interested, PM me here or contact yuurisans at #yus-recruits@irc.rizon.net.
Thank you~

Last edited by yuurisan; 2009-12-16 at 10:56. Reason: Got a tler for Aki
Closed Thread

Tags
help thread, recruitment, translator