AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Who are your favorite characters?
Alto Saotome 202 36.59%
Sheryl Nome 388 70.29%
Ranka Lee 159 28.80%
Brera Sterne 75 13.59%
Ozma Lee 127 23.01%
Cathy Glass 62 11.23%
Klan Klan 203 36.78%
Mikhail Blanc (aka Michel) 156 28.26%
Luca Angeloni 24 4.35%
Nanase Matsuura 23 4.17%
Canaria Berstein 18 3.26%
Leon Mishima 13 2.36%
Howard Glass 6 1.09%
Grace O'Connor 41 7.43%
Bobby Margot 61 11.05%
Nene Rora 14 2.54%
Raramia Rerenia 13 2.36%
Jeffrey Wilder 18 3.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 552. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-25, 14:53   Link #261
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Ranka's hair is actually useful for expressing her emotional and mental state, while also being a pleasant mannerism. Sheryl's boobs are useless bags of fat that serve no practical purpose and never will since she's probably sterile by now.
LOL!!

Glad to see Animage readers preferring Ranka over Sheryl more and more. As long as Ranka's popular, I guess it doesn't matter. I'm surprised Tierra's more popular than Lockon and Hallelujah. =/ I'm beginning to think that Japanese audience are into androgynous guys.

Are we talking about AltoxRanka the lolicon pair again? Michael and loli Klan are the lolicon-looking pair, and if anything, they're cute too. Stop hating please.

Spoiler for adorable pair vs lolicon-mismatched pair:

Last edited by ani_d; 2008-07-25 at 15:26.
Old 2008-07-25, 14:57   Link #262
Wesley84

Klan kind of reminds me of Washu in a few of those pics. A mix between Washu and Aisha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
There is your opinion but I beg you acknowledge those who were greatly surprised at episode 6, me included.

You remember I said "imperfect information." As long as Ranka's real age keeps sceret, she fits any requirements you listed for lolita. She looks underaged, she behaves underaged, she is aware of sex (more or less). Ranka is not lolita, but she is a lolita replica. If there is a guy doesn't know she is a replica but likes her because he thinks she is a real lolita, he is a lolicon. Do I make it clear? or should I bring up some loli-like adults from hentai games as examples? It doesn't necessarily require one liking a loli to qualify a lolicon.
A delusional or ignorant lolicon does not make Ranka a loli.
Old 2008-07-25, 14:59   Link #263
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
LOL!!

Glad to see Animage readers preferring Ranka over Sheryl more and more. As long as Ranka's popular, I guess it doesn't matter. I'm surprised Tierra's more popular than Lockon and Hallelujah. =/ I'm beginning to think that Jap audience are into androgynous guys.

Are we talking about AltoxRanka the lolicon pair again? Michael and loli Klan are the lolicon-looking pair, and if anything, they're cute too. Stop hating please.

Oh let's be careful not to use the term "jap". It's offensive to a few of us. You could just spell out the entire word or even use "J".

I know you don't mean to use it racially but be careful either way since there might be some "Nisei" lurking in these boards. Don't want to rehash their WWII memories.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-07-25, 15:01   Link #264
herbert

Quote:
A delusional or ignorant lolicon does not make Ranka a loli.
When have you seen me calling Ranka a loli?
Old 2008-07-25, 15:03   Link #265
Wesley84

Quote:
When have you seen me calling Ranka a loli?
Where did I say you did?
Old 2008-07-25, 15:06   Link #266
herbert

Quote:
Where did I say you did?
Then what is the point of the sentence under a quote of mine that you wrote in below post?
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=262
Old 2008-07-25, 15:10   Link #267
magnuskn

Quote:
LOL!!

Glad to see Animage readers preferring Ranka over Sheryl more and more. As long as Ranka's popular, I guess it doesn't matter. I'm surprised Tierra's more popular than Lockon and Hallelujah. =/ I'm beginning to think that Jap audience are into androgynous guys.

Nobody is even trying to dispute that MicronKlanXMichael is wrong.

But I can easily post double the number of pictures where one can clearly see the loli design of Ranka... but let´s not go down that path *again*, okay?
Old 2008-07-25, 15:22   Link #268
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Nobody is even trying to dispute that MicronKlanXMichael is wrong.
There is one. Mikhail thinks it's wrong himself, remember ep9?
Old 2008-07-25, 15:26   Link #269
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
Oh let's be careful not to use the term "jap". It's offensive to a few of us. You could just spell out the entire word or even use "J".

I know you don't mean to use it racially but be careful either way since there might be some "Nisei" lurking in these boards. Don't want to rehash their WWII memories.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Oh! Sorry ^^ I'm editing my post.

@magnuskn, I'm just saying that not all of the time, Ranka looks as loli as people label her. It depends on the animation compare to Loli Klan which is understandable because her body frame is supposed to look like <12 years old.
Old 2008-07-25, 15:27   Link #270
magnuskn

Quote:
There is one. Mikhail thinks it's wrong himself, remember ep9?
My point exactly.

Quote:
@magnuskn, I'm just saying that not all of the time, Ranka looks as loli as people label her. It depends on the animation compare to Loli Klan which is understandable because her body frame is supposed to look like <12 years old.
As for my point of view, there are few scenes where she doesn´t look like a 12 year old, but like a teenager.

Now, grantedly, most of them have been in the last four episodes, so it is progessively becoming better.

OTOH, when she was on the Vajra mothership and was shown that gods-eye view of the battle, her body looked utterly like the one of a child.
Old 2008-07-25, 15:51   Link #271
Wesley84

Quote:
Then what is the point of the sentence under a quote of mine that you wrote in below post?
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=262
You seem to be under the impression that Ranka is designed to appeal to lolicons. Any lolicon worth his salt wouldn't like Ranka because of his particular perversion.
Old 2008-07-25, 16:11   Link #272
herbert

Quote:
You seem to be under the impression that Ranka is designed to appeal to lolicons.
I do think so. But what is the point you tell me Ranka is not a loli? It sounds like I think Ranka a loli but I have already said Ranka is not a loli.
Old 2008-07-25, 16:25   Link #273
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Oh! Sorry ^^ I'm editing my post.

Regardless of what we may think, Japanese audiences certainly treat her more or less like a loli moe. That is a fact.

The good descriptions about her had always been cute & innocent while Sheryl's attribute had always been that of a bijin (beautiful woman). Clear and distinct difference here if you ask me.

Then there are the doujin materials, which pretty much speak for themselves.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-25, 16:58   Link #274
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d
Glad to see Animage readers preferring Ranka over Sheryl more and more.
You really wanna give props to a poll that has Kira Yamato at #2 after all these years? lol

Quote:
You seem to be under the impression that Ranka is designed to appeal to lolicons.
If you don't think Ranka isn't aimed at the moe/loli crowd than you're either naive or delusional, which is it? If Frontier never existed and Ranka's design was in a hentai doujin guess what it would be labeled! I know you hate Sheryl and are overprotective of Ranka (and I bet the positions would be reversed if Ranka was the popular one) but this is one issue you should just let go.

Last edited by Westlo; 2008-07-25 at 17:45.
Old 2008-07-25, 17:00   Link #275
MFSxA

Lolicon is generally attraction to younger girls/toons or girls/toons with such characteristics. Theoretically speaking, one can infer lolicon in anime or manga in two aspects: (1) How they act; (2) How they look. Its debatable which of the two is more important.

Ranka, to my perception, looks like a loli. I base my judgment on loli hentai.
Old 2008-07-25, 17:42   Link #276
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
If you don't think Ranka isn't aimed at the moe/loli crowd than you're either naive or delusional, which is it? If Frontier never existed and Ranka's design was in a hentai doujin guess what it would be labeled! I know you hate Sheryl and are overprotective of Ranka (and I bet the positions would be revered if Ranka was the popular one) but this is one issue you should just let go.
You're operating under a common misconception. Moe and loli are not one in the same.
Old 2008-07-25, 17:46   Link #277
Westlo
Lets be reality

She's aimed at both genius.
Old 2008-07-25, 17:50   Link #278
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
She's aimed at both genius.
And what exactly about her appeals to lolicons? She's hardly a slut.
Old 2008-07-25, 17:58   Link #279
erfine
hugs@Ranka

Why the big debate?? Everyone understands whats meant. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84
Forgetting last week when she decided to air herself out for the drooling fans?
Old 2008-07-25, 18:03   Link #280
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Her appeal regardless, we don't care because we are not lolicons. However, how some lolicons perceive her as is a different story than her supposed appeal.

Fact is, when there are fan materials about her, she always fit the role of a moe loli character, with all stereotypical attributes applied.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2008-07-25 at 18:41. Reason: edited
Closed Thread

Tags
characters, favorite