Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-09-08, 16:52   Link #241
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
ok think it as this:

a poison snake can kill a human , a human can kill an eagle and an eagle can kill poison snake.

which one is the badass?
Couldn't you just say rock, Paper, Scissors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
See Iron Maw explaination just above your post. I don't know where the official kanji writing of the filler clan comes from, but I guess they didn't make it up.

For the Fuuma thing, it can be also writen Fûma. The romanized hiragana spelling is FU U MA. (see on the right of the 2 kanjis you found on the raw, there are 3 smaller and simpler signs. They say how to read the kanjis for those who don't know yet those kanjis) the U in the middle means it's a long vowel.
It can be written Fuuma or Fûma, depending of system used for romanization, but simply fuma would be mistake.
Well the only reason i say "Fuma" is because i don't know how to put the little ^ mark over the U... but just so we're clear, it's the Manga version of Fuuma that refers to the real Fuuma clan, and not the anime that does it; the anime being a different fuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinaura View Post
The 3rd was hailed as the "god of shinobi", so unless Hanzou was considered "God of gods Shinobi" than I like Sarutobi's chances.
Well that was what Sarutobi was called in his prime, but what we need to conisder is that Hanzou may very well have been younger than Sarutobi, possibly more like Jiriaya's age or something... Afterall, Jiraiya wasn't horribly shocked in disbelief that the 3rd was killed by Oro, but he was much more shocked that Pein killed Hanzou... if Hanzou and Sarutobi were the same age, than Hanzou's power would have dimished with old age, and much like with Oro and Sarutobi, Jiriaya shouldn't find it impossible for their to be a ninja that could kill Hanzou...

more than likely, i would say Hanzou was more like Jiraiya's age or younger... old enough to have been around for a long time, but young enough so that his power would not have dimished as much as Sarutobi's has. and if he is indeed that much younger than the 3rd, then that would mean that when Hanzou was in his prime, Sarutobi strength was starting to weaken with age... So Sarutobi may have been known as "god of Shinobi" before Hanzou reached his prime
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 16:52   Link #242
gangsta905_04
AnimeSuki's #1 criminal

Send a message via MSN to gangsta905_04
hey all..its been the longest time since i last posted..

but in anycase...

One akatsuki mentioned in one of the chapters that Kisame had a mass amount of Chakra greater than any of the other members...maybe he might be the strongest?...

it's strange how this all comes to play.

if you think about it this way, the one with the least power/skills whatever you wanna call it over all can have the title as akatsuki leader, however whoever is under that leader can be stronger/ more skilled/ more chakra'd than the leader himself....
gangsta905_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 16:58   Link #243
Monkey D. Luffy

It seems Pein is a monster and dosen't really take anything from nobody. Most intresting are those pods that Pein went into and then got into one, probably his power is connected with those pods considering how the chapter ended with him closing his eyes and someone else opening them. Can't wait to see what he can really do.
Monkey D. Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 17:02   Link #244
tatami
back in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Couldn't you just say rock, Paper, Scissors?

we tried that like 3574563 times didnt we?
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 17:11   Link #245
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

I wonder now if Pein is just some parasitic lifeform, some little bijuu thingy or a soul controlling the bodies of powerful shinobi.....nah couldn't be....
Sinaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 17:30   Link #246
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanar View Post
has anyone brought up the possibility that it was actually tobi, rather than pain, who killed hanzou? lol
We are talking about the leader of the akatsuki, while Hanzou is some random-measuring-stick-ninja who will probably not serve any other purpose in the manga. Both Itachi and Sasuke defeated Orochimaru, so why is it so unbeliveable that someone who gives orders to Itachi is actually stronger than all sannin combined.

And i believe Pein is young, the words of Madara would not be appropriate if Pein were old or even older than Madara. Madara says "failure is not acceptable", i don't think he would say that if they were on the same level.

It may be that Madara was disappointed with Itachi's power because he was weaker than Pein, i mean he was thinking that an Uchiha should be stronger than someone other. So he now wants Sasuke instead of Itachi.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 17:30   Link #247
-HyugaNeji-

Pein: *ebil looking* I am teh greatest.

Jiraiya: yeah whatever... Atatatatatata..Omae wa mo..shindeiru..

Pein: Nooooooooooooooooooooo...*splaaaaaat*

Oups..Wrong Manga :<

Well..I guess Jiraiya will own Pein though
-HyugaNeji- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 18:08   Link #248
Naruto_spartan
epic hero

Location: In a place in the mountins of Europe, a place where legends still spring in the world of modern man.
Concenrning those pods, maybe they are just bodies for Pain to inhabit, a little like Orochimaru switches bodies. You know the whole machime transferes his conciousness temporarily to other bodies who have certain abilities. This way he can just change to the natural enemy of his oponents.

One thing that I don't know is why Pain is waiting so long to catch Naruto, I mean with his abilities he can actually beat Naruto easily seing as how powerful he is described in this chapter.
Naruto_spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 18:18   Link #249
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto_spartan View Post
One thing that I don't know is why Pain is waiting so long to catch Naruto, I mean with his abilities he can actually beat Naruto easily seing as how powerful he is described in this chapter.
Maybe its for the same reason why the Akatsuki only move in pairs and don't move in larger groups which would be far more effective in capturing their targets; and probably the same with a number of other animes aswell... plothole!

well it does make you wonder... i mean, most ninja teams move in groups of 4(4 being the most efficant number), while the akatsuki only move in pairs. Hell even now, Naruto's group is moving in a group of 8... Sure moving in a larger group they won't be able to act in as many places at once and thus it would slow down their plans, but they're not exactly on a time crunch... Diedara, Sasori, Kakuzu, and Hidan are all dead, but what would have happened if the 4 of them were moving together instead
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 18:24   Link #250
Naruto_spartan
epic hero

Location: In a place in the mountins of Europe, a place where legends still spring in the world of modern man.
Yeah, but you see the Akatsuki are a bunch of rough ninja who would rather ripe you apart then talk to you. I mean some of them. Just look some are more violent, and they were matched because of their personalities. Others, even in groups of 2 still fight each other.
Just imagine if they were in groups of 4, they would kill each other faster then you can say "jinchuuriki"
Naruto_spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 19:21   Link #251
Breakinlimits

Quote:
Yeah, but you see the Akatsuki are a bunch of rough ninja who would rather ripe you apart then talk to you. I mean some of them. Just look some are more violent, and they were matched because of their personalities. Others, even in groups of 2 still fight each other.
Just imagine if they were in groups of 4, they would kill each other faster then you can say "jinchuuriki"
all i have to say is LOL but some of them get along great look at itachi and kisame , they pwn
Breakinlimits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 19:49   Link #252
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

While Pain certainly sounds powerful, I think Jiraiya won't die so easily.

In the course of the Naruto story, Naruto is destined to become Hokage one day. This is would mean the present Hokage steps down or dies protecting Konoha. I suspect if Godaime Tsunade goes down fighting one day, Kishimoto perhaps would not also kill off Jiraiya towards what seems the later stages of the story. Additionally Orochimaru appears to be making a come back as well. The Sannin are resilient survivors.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 21:53   Link #253
kodok_balls

Quote:
Concenrning those pods, maybe they are just bodies for Pain to inhabit, a little like Orochimaru switches bodies. You know the whole machime transferes his conciousness temporarily to other bodies who have certain abilities. This way he can just change to the natural enemy of his oponents.

maybe he is naruto ....
kodok_balls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 22:04   Link #254
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Quote:

To me, that makes Pein slightly over-powered. To be able to switch bodies to counteract the jutsu of your opponent more effectively (probably at near invincibility, cosidering what we know about Pein) seems like overkill...just imagine;

"Oh, you're a water-type, I'll just switch bodies and, BAM!, earth-type pwns you!!"

I'm not against the idea, per say, I'd just like to see it (should that happen to be the case) done in a tasteful/appropriate way. No reason to make him stronger than he already appears to be.

Edit: I am curious, as were you, about Peins apparently lackadaisical attitude about capturing Naruto. Surely the only thing that make it a challenge are the people who constantly surround him, and we've seen he's smart enough to take them out of the picture...

Edit 2: "...the only thing that make it a challenge...people who...surround him..."

I meant that only regarding Pein's power and knowledge...he must have a general (if not complete) idea of what Naruto is capable of and, therefor, must have some sort of plan to counteract it.

Last edited by Quzor; 2007-09-08 at 22:11. Reason: One last thing...
Quzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 22:14   Link #255
kodok_balls

the true power come from the heart talking from amagakure missing nin ninja's that made jiraiya shocked by big "?" also made it more make sense to relate him with resemblances of naruto. I found on some previous chapter that pein had a collection of monster summon scroll. and the one with picture of snake gone when manda is dead.
Old 2007-09-08, 22:17   Link #256
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodok_balls View Post
the true power come from the heart talking from amagakure missing nin ninja's that made jiraiya shocked by big "?" also made it more make sense to relate him with resemblances of naruto. I found on some previous chapter that pein had a collection of monster summon scroll. and the one with picture of snake gone when manda is dead.
Just out of curiousity, do you know which chapter you saw this in (or where you read it at all)? I'd be interested to see that, as it offers some new insight into Pein's power (and the power of ninjas in general). I thought (assumed, really) that people could not have more than one contract at any one time...though I may be wrong.
Old 2007-09-08, 22:20   Link #257
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Well the only reason i say "Fuma" is because i don't know how to put the little ^ mark over the U... but just so we're clear, it's the Manga version of Fuuma that refers to the real Fuuma clan, and not the anime that does it; the anime being a different fuma
Off-topic, but the anime one can NOT be romanized as Fuma. The characters are broken down as Fu-uma, not Fuu-ma like in the manga.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 23:28   Link #258
kodok_balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quzor View Post
Just out of curiousity, do you know which chapter you saw this in (or where you read it at all)? I'd be interested to see that, as it offers some new insight into Pein's power (and the power of ninjas in general). I thought (assumed, really) that people could not have more than one contract at any one time...though I may be wrong.
oh sory. i've misread the scene it was suigetsu the one hold the scroll. not pain. or whoever else... for sure i've misread it
Old 2007-09-08, 23:38   Link #259
mayhem

In the last page of this chapter what do those japanese figures on the ends of the beds which the six AK members are sleeping on say...Im trying to figure out if there is any connection between those figures and the names that appear on the rings
mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 00:14   Link #260
gangsta905_04
AnimeSuki's #1 criminal

Send a message via MSN to gangsta905_04
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
In the last page of this chapter what do those japanese figures on the ends of the beds which the six AK members are sleeping on say...Im trying to figure out if there is any connection between those figures and the names that appear on the rings
i thot that too..but it turns out each POD is numbered..the one on the very right closest to us is 1, and the one on the very left closest to us is 6...on the right side..its 1,2,3 and on the left from the bottom its 6,5,4...
gangsta905_04 is offline   Reply With Quote