AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-10-04, 16:07   Link #81
EvolutionXI

We still really don't know the capabilities of the Rinnegan though. Perhaps it isn't superior in terms of individual combat (like how sharingan can be used to cast all those genjutsus, read seals, etc.), but in some other way (like the body switching, which brings high potential if it allows the use of any of the bloodlines possesed by it and stuff).
EvolutionXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 16:33   Link #82
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionXI View Post
We still really don't know the capabilities of the Rinnegan though. Perhaps it isn't superior in terms of individual combat (like how sharingan can be used to cast all those genjutsus, read seals, etc.), but in some other way (like the body switching, which brings high potential if it allows the use of any of the bloodlines possesed
by it and stuff).
"Greatest of the three dojutsu." How much more obvious can you get... its not very ambiguous.
That Other Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 16:57   Link #83
chord
Banned

I think that if Pein has an eye its probably the one that came before the bgan. Because that hermit dude obviously lived a long time ago. It's probably the weeker of the eye's. Meaning that it can only hypnotise the opponent and as for Pein taking over Jman's body. I think taht J might have a trick or two up his sleeve, because if you remember the 4th hokage created jutsu as well, that the 6 headed or legged hermit dosen't even know about i think that Jman might pull out the reaper and wam kabam take out Pein right infront of Konan.
So I also think that this week's info is a sherade or character, because the person(s) who ever it was. Wasn't counting on my supperior intellect to recall the that there were other's who created Jutsu as well, the hermit might have discovered all the elements, but he didn't create all the known jutsu. Because there was a hermit that discovered the elements of Chakra. And that could be why pein has all the elelment's working with him.
chord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 17:03   Link #84
mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
"Greatest of the three dojutsu." How much more obvious can you get... its not very ambiguous.
Yes, its definitely going to have the most potential out of the three but you have to think, its all in the hands of the user.. has pein mastered it to such a level where he is unbeatable? That remains to be seen, but the sheer fact of his position, as described, suggests that he is at a very high level of use but nothing( yet) has been spoken about whether he has reached the limits of the doujustu. So one could say that the possiblity of an individual with a different doujustu, one who has mastered his craft to its utmost could be superior to the Rinnegan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
If Pein's eye is the most powerful and he is a descendant of the primary-ninja, then it is really strange that he is taking orders from a ninja with lower level who couldn't even beat a Hokage, that was having none of those great eye powers...
Yes but unlike pein madara was the founder of his doujutsu and likely mu8ch more powerful the the current version.
mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 17:12   Link #85
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Yes but unlike pein madara was the founder of his doujutsu and likely mu8ch more powerful the the current version.
Well i agree...usually the originals/founders are the strongest amoung the offspring that comes from them. An example to that are: Vampires or Werewolves.
Old 2007-10-04, 17:22   Link #86
EvolutionXI

Quote:
Greatest overall...Greatest in every way...Greatest in number of abilities...Greatest in variety of abilities...Greatest in lethality of abilities...
It's obviousness seems to escape me then.

I agree that the Rinnegan has to be good in some way, but we don't know what its specialty is. So even if it is the claimed to be the greatest, it doesn't necessarily mean it outclasses all other doujutsu at everything. Take a comparison example of with the Byakugan. I highly doubt Rinnegan has the ~360 degree vision and range that the Byakugan has, otherwise he probably could've found Jiraiya faster than Konan.
EvolutionXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 17:23   Link #87
Davitz
Stupid Monkeys!

Send a message via MSN to Davitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by chord View Post
I think that if Pein has an eye its probably the one that came before the bgan. Because that hermit dude obviously lived a long time ago. It's probably the weeker of the eye's. Meaning that it can only hypnotise the opponent and as for Pein taking over Jman's body. I think taht J might have a trick or two up his sleeve, because if you remember the 4th hokage created jutsu as well, that the 6 headed or legged hermit dosen't even know about i think that Jman might pull out the reaper and wam kabam take out Pein right infront of Konan.
So I also think that this week's info is a sherade or character, because the person(s) who ever it was. Wasn't counting on my supperior intellect to recall the that there were other's who created Jutsu as well, the hermit might have discovered all the elements, but he didn't create all the known jutsu. Because there was a hermit that discovered the elements of Chakra. And that could be why pein has all the elelment's working with him.

hmm ummm
wot?
is all i have to say,
six legged/headed hermit o.O?

did you read the thread first or did you and your superior intellect just type away?
the spoiler didnt say he created all jutsu didnt it say he was the granfather of ninjutsu or something along those lines, and it also stated that rinnegan was the strongest or the eye jutsus
and i also dont think 'jman' will 'wam kabam' and use the soul trapping or wotever its called jutsu, wasnt it a jutsu only the 4th and 5th new?
Davitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 17:47   Link #88
naruto89

hmmm interesting chapter

So J-Man trains the kiddies for three years? that sounds familiar except these kids end up with cool practical jutsu's unlike naruto (i guess that could be a sign that there is a hell of a lot more to come from naruto and yes i know the j-man most probably focused on the kyuubi power)

Also why was that rinesennin (or wateva he's called fully revealed) could it be that he might play a future role and lastly when j-man said "you havent grown" could it be that he was expecting a more demonic appearance similiar to the rinnesennin

whattya think about this about the three great doujutsu:

Byakagan - taijutsu
Sharingan - genjutsu
Rinnegan - ninjutsu ?????

flame me if you really wanna
naruto89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 17:55   Link #89
Kiiroi Senko
Banned

Interesting that Jiraiya thinks his best student remains Yondaime.

So this means Yondaime > Pain.
Kiiroi Senko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 18:02   Link #90
gangsta905_04
AnimeSuki's #1 criminal

Send a message via MSN to gangsta905_04
Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto89 View Post

whattya think about this about the three great doujutsu:

Byakagan - taijutsu
Sharingan - genjutsu
Rinnegan - ninjutsu ?????

flame me if you really wanna
Sharingan is not entirely a genjutsu, it can be partly ninjustsu, since in Kakashi's case, he can copy jutsu and use them...
gangsta905_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 18:32   Link #91
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
But we still don't even know what it is Rinnegan does. Yeah, Pein can switch bodies somehow and his ancestor has the whole Buddhist rebirth cycle theme going, but is that all there is to it? I mean, it wasn't switching bodies that allowed Nagato to kill the chuunin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangsta905_04 View Post
Sharingan is not entirely a genjutsu, it can be partly ninjustsu, since in Kakashi's case, he can copy jutsu and use them...
Sharingan provides advantage in all three areas: genjutsu (obvious), ninjutsu (copying/analyzing jutsu) and taijutsu (copying/predicting movement).
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 18:42   Link #92
iBeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiroi Senko View Post

Not really. Jirayiya may not be talking about power/strong when he said that. Maybe 4th walked the right path as opposed to Pain being a bad guy.

Like Kakashi can say that Naruto was his best student but Sasuke remains the stronger character....
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 18:47   Link #93
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto89 View Post
Also why was that rinesennin (or wateva he's called fully revealed)
Rikudou sennin
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 18:52   Link #94
iBeast

Quote:
I thought Pain specialized in Dojutsu.....
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 18:55   Link #95
pizzajincuuriki
I have it inside me :]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_hai View Post
I thought Pain specialized in Dojutsu.....
can you really SPECIALIZE in a doujutsu? I thought they helped you specialize in other jutsus.
pizzajincuuriki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 19:10   Link #96
tkdtiger

Quote:
That's true that it's not entirely genjutsu, but than it does appear to be Sharingan's strongest (in Itachi's case mosed used) feature. As Byakugan's ability to allow the use of the the strongest taijutsu is probably not it's only feature, but its strongest feature. Just in theory is it possible that the Byakugan and the Sharingan are the Yin and Yang feature of this new ability? I'm now beginning to think that since Naruto's group is with Hinata's group that maybe the Byakugan will play a larger role. But than that would just be speculation and hopes...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 19:28   Link #97
Kiiroi Senko
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_hai View Post
Not really. Jirayiya may not be talking about power/strong when he said that. Maybe 4th walked the right path as opposed to Pain being a bad guy.
Nope. Yondaime > Pain > Orochimaru.

Jiraiya didn't know what became of Pain, so you're wrong there.

Yondaime is a once in a decade genius. Nobody could beat him.

Quote:
Like Kakashi can say that Naruto was his best student but Sasuke remains the stronger character....
No, Kakashi says Sasuke is the best. He's a ninja genius like Yondaime.
Kiiroi Senko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 19:42   Link #98
Zek
Eyebrows...

Obviously Jiraiya watched as Minato rose to the position of Hokage, whereas he didn't know a damn thing about Pain. He had no reason to think this kid became stronger than Yondaime, whatever the case may be.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 19:55   Link #99
rpgkiller999

It would be interesting if Pain take control of Jiraya's body and use it against Naruto. Then Naruto woud have to beat his master in tears and learn the dark secrets and his parents from him before dying.
rpgkiller999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 20:38   Link #100
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiroi Senko View Post

he didn't know what happened to pain, he thought they were dead, never counted pain's accomplishments. also he may have been refering that yondaime was best compared to the others on his team.

so yondaime ???? pain

on a side note if kishi can kill jiraiya that means he can kill naruto too. seems that all the bad people stayed alive, the good dies

kyubi vs yondaime
madara vs shodaime
hidan vs asuma hidan should technically be alive

sasuke vs naruto
Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote