AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 93 42.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 50 23.04%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 10.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 7.83%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 3.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.92%
4 out of 10 : Poor 5 2.30%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 2.30%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 1.84%
1 out of 10 : Painful 12 5.53%
Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-20, 12:27   Link #321
gonzo562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfully Naomi View Post
Everybody should have seen Ryuuji and Taiga getting together though. If you were expecting different it was blind hope.
i was expecting them to get together but just dont like the pairing
Old 2009-03-20, 12:40   Link #322
Taiga san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Spoiler:

God damn it.

We will see then, the last ep..I wish to see the kiss...hmmm Taiga is kissed by Ryuuji.. My lovely Taiga and my wonderful Ryuuji..I don't watch this ep yet, I want to what is going on ep 24..
Old 2009-03-20, 12:45   Link #323
SageGaiGar
You are Next

With the marriage thing... IRL there's a big issue with declining birth rates in Japan. So more families, more babies... there'd be encouragement for couples to marry. Silly? Yeah a little.
Old 2009-03-20, 12:50   Link #324
k'2

Send a message via MSN to k'2 Send a message via Yahoo to k'2
WE NEED A KISS......WE NEED A KISS.... WE NEED A KISS

btw to decide marriage that fast ....that's totally insane and immature

maybe they are right cause they already know each other very well but marriage no that's just insane i think
Old 2009-03-20, 12:52   Link #325
Fishman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post
With the marriage thing... IRL there's a big issue with declining birth rates in Japan. So more families, more babies... there'd be encouragement for couples to marry. Silly? Yeah a little.
Who wants to marry normal women anyways? I prefer belldandy or index.
Old 2009-03-20, 12:53   Link #326
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

remember that time this show made me want to kill something? you know, aside from the last few episodes? horrible episode. everything was rushed. As the best character in the show said, "way too fast development."

so yeah, lets run away and everything will be alright. It didn't work in ef, it won't work here. in fact, it seems that Taiga even goes back next ep. this almost left me with a taste as bad as the Suzuka manga ending. and that's pretty damn bad.
Old 2009-03-20, 13:07   Link #327
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
For me the thing that exactly marriage comes as a solution is very odd, and looks like being rushed, not rushed by Taiga and Ryyuuji but rushed by the author, who is desperately trying to force more of a romantic undertone in the whole series, where it was lacking for the most of the time, but it still looks forced and rushed.
Come on now, the idea that Taiga might have trouble with her mom and that she might be taken by her did not come out of the blue, there have been hints that she might have to go with her since episode 22. This is a surprising development yeah but how can you act like it came out of nowhere?

- We've known for a long time Taiga's mom isn't interested in taking care of Taiga as a real mother, as she never came to visit and allows her to live on her own.

- Taiga has been staying with her mom in the city for several days, obviously her coming into the picture was inevitable and the possibility that she'd try to take her in the same way her father did was highly likely.

- How would Ryuuji react to something like that? Would he do whatever it took to keep her from leaving, especially now that he's come to terms with his felings for her?
Old 2009-03-20, 13:09   Link #328
Deathscyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
so yeah, lets run away and everything will be alright. It didn't work in ef, it won't work here.
This was intended. It shows that people (in love) make rash decisions and mistakes. Even Ryuuji and Taiga themselves realised this in the end of the episode.
Old 2009-03-20, 13:11   Link #329
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by nor4d View Post
First of all Takasu is 18 years old, he's almost adult, dont try to put him in the same line with the kids who want to run away from father for some reason. With Taiga he run away without any reason. The moment was so stupid i cant believe it really happend.
Bullshit. An 18 year old kid is not an adult. When you're thirty and have had some goddamned life experiences, THEN you can call yourself an adult.

And yes, I realize I myself am 19, and have no right to say this... but at least I know how naive and inexperienced I am, so sue me. =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
For me the thing that exactly marriage comes as a solution is very odd, and looks like being rushed, not rushed by Taiga and Ryyuuji but rushed by the author, who is desperately trying to force more of a romantic undertone in the whole series, where it was lacking for the most of the time, but it still looks forced and rushed.
Ryuuji wants to look after her for the rest of his life. Ergo, he proposes to her. Easiest way.

Quote:
so yeah, lets run away and everything will be alright.
I think you're kind of missing something. Running away is NOT the solution and the show does not present it as such.

I think I can honestly say I hate Toradora now. Not because of the show, but because of the fanbase.

Yet another work I have ruined for me because its fans won't stop bitching about it.
Old 2009-03-20, 13:16   Link #330
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah, i realized it after i posted it. i'm blinded by hate.
Old 2009-03-20, 13:17   Link #331
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Sinfully Naomi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post
This was intended. It shows that people (in love) make rash decisions and mistakes. Even Ryuuji and Taiga themselves realised this in the end of the episode.
That may very well be the case, but many times, people ho have run away have had success in life, and this is an anime, so I doubt that it will be a situation in which it's so bad that Ryuuji and Taiga keel over.

Quote:
Bullshit. An 18 year old kid is not an adult. When you're thirty and have had some goddamned life experiences, THEN you can call yourself an adult.
Age has nothing to do with life experience, there have been people who have had to work at a young age, and learn how hard it can really be.
~Having a job to support a family from a young age
~Even just having a child

Surely this is life experience, no?

Quote:
I think you're kind of missing something. Running away is NOT the solution and the show does not present it as such.

I think I can honestly say I hate Toradora now. Not because of the show, but because of the fanbase.

Yet another work I have ruined for me because its fans won't stop bitching about it.
Fans tend to bitch and moan about shows a lot, whatever. It shouldn't change your opinion on the show. Like they say, hate the player, not the game.
Old 2009-03-20, 13:28   Link #332
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

I'm kind of glad that I'm not the only one who liked this episode. The comments around the net could lead one to believe this series has gone shitty.

Was the episode rushed? Yes. Were the characters acting stupid? Yes. Could I understand what they were thinking? No, although I was able to write it off as the kind of stupid thing teenagers do.

All that doesn't change the fact that this episode kept me on the edge of my seat. I like "wham" episodes, and the sudden release of pent up emotion under extreme circumstances in this episode certainly kept things moving along. For all the stupidity on display, I found this episode tons of fun to watch, and it's nice to see an elope arc in a series where you know it's not going to have a tragic end for a change.

Definitely looking forward to the finale. I do expect Ryuuji and Taiga are going to get some sense forced into them, but the question is how.
Old 2009-03-20, 13:33   Link #333
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Sinfully Naomi
People can say the episode was rushed all you want. But it's as close to real life as possible seeing as people do that a lot. =/
Old 2009-03-20, 13:48   Link #334
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
People can say the episode was rushed all you want. But it's as close to real life as possible seeing as people do that a lot. =/
Like I said, I wrote it off just because I enjoyed the episode way too much otherwise. But I'm serious about having to write it off as "stupid things teens do". I'm one of those very logic oriented people and I just can't follow their thought processes.
Old 2009-03-20, 13:50   Link #335
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Age has nothing to do with life experience, there have been people who have had to work at a young age, and learn how hard it can really be.
~Having a job to support a family from a young age
~Even just having a child

Surely this is life experience, no?
Ryuuji really isn't this though. He has it tough, but not THAT tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
But I'm serious about having to write it off as "stupid things teens do". I'm one of those very logic oriented people and I just can't follow their thought processes.
Dumb kids are dumb. One of the many laws in life.
Old 2009-03-20, 13:55   Link #336
Proudleaf

Quote:
Ryuuji really isn't this though. He has it tough, but not THAT tough.

Dumb kids are dumb. One of the many laws in life.
Well thats kind of shallow, don't you think? We all make mistakes; luckily, we also learn from those mistakes.
Old 2009-03-20, 13:59   Link #337
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i don't see people running off and getting married much.. don't know where you're from though..
Old 2009-03-20, 14:01   Link #338
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Since after episode 10 (don't remember ) we knew that Ryuji will end up with Taiga , with the title too : Toradora . So don't expect another pairing , maybe with oav ? like if they'll do that . Just with H .
Old 2009-03-20, 14:04   Link #339
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Right. For purposes of not reiterating what I've written here, I'm going to have to say that I was disappointed with the different occurrences in the anime. That doesn't mean I think it's bad; however, I do think that it's just good, and nothing more. Clearly, like others, I don't understand why the episode was not focused on the confession itself. It also seemed rushed to me.

I'd like your comments for that matter: I tried to explicate a little more on that link.
Old 2009-03-20, 14:05   Link #340
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
Quote:
i don't see people running off and getting married much.. don't know where you're from though..
you can see everything in the world?

it happens more often than you would think.

anyways, ryuuji telling taiga to marry him, in the situation that they were facing (having to be seperated the moment they come to terms with their feelings) fits his character. He seems to be one of those types that when someone says something he doesn't quite like, he'll say his rantings in his head, then not say anything to the person in front of him.

so in this episodes all his emotional build up and what not went POOF and broke the dam that keeps back those words.

in any case, this was a good episode. it felt rushed though. Toradora would have needed 26 episodes to make things fit right (splitting 24 into 24 and 25 probably would have been best in that scenario)

もいちど。。。
Closed Thread