** 0 0%
*** 6 11.54%
**** 16 30.77%
***** 28 53.85%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2005-12-24, 05:34   Link #81
Sarugaki
mangekyo shenanigans

They said after Naruto vs. Sasuke that Orochimaru got the sharingan and that it was time to kill him. During sannins vs Orochimaru, Oro said it would be troublesome if Akatsuki would get Naruto and he tried to kill him. So there's definitely something going on between Oro and Akatsuki.

3 three possibilities :

- Oro "saw" Kabuto and now wants to kill him ( very unlikely )
- Oro "saw" Sasori and wants something from him , or kill him
- Oro "saw" fake Sasori and Naruto and wants to kill them ( very likely )
Sarugaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 06:11   Link #82
CaSe-
胸のひねること

What an awesome chapter. This arc has become 10x more interesting now OROCHIMARU is back.

Yes.
CaSe- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 08:01   Link #83
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Great chapter.

Did anyone notice at the end that Orochimaru's snake is eating the rabbit?

Talk about your symbolism!

The next chapter could go in so many different directions. I personally think given that Orochimaru was Sasori's partner that he knew him well enough to not be decieved by a fake Kabuto and Kabuto is luring Sasori in a trap though he may not know that Sasori is a fake.

Orochimaru is likely not going to reveal himself and we may be led to believe that Kabuto is under the influence of Sasori's jutsu until a critical moment arises where it is revealed that he isn't. Since Kabuto has revealed the location of the lair Team Kakashi will likely have a rendezvous at the lair which is more than likely a set up by Orochimaru.

That could all be wrong, a fight could ensue on the bridge as they attempt to capture Kabuto...any number of things could happen!
Old 2005-12-24, 11:35   Link #84
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
That could all be wrong, a fight could ensue on the bridge as they attempt to capture Kabuto...any number of things could happen!
True, but not too sure. If Kakashi and Tsunade/Jiraiya can't catch Kabuto; I highly doubt Yamato can.
astayanax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 17:27   Link #85
Nubixkube

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax
True, but not too sure. If Kakashi and Tsunade/Jiraiya can't catch Kabuto; I highly doubt Yamato can.
Who knows, it seems like Yamato has quite a few jutsus specfically designed for trapping people. Then again I've only seen the one he used on Naruto and Sai. But I'd assume he has more.
Nubixkube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 19:14   Link #86
Anshin
Shinigami

Well I'd be really sad if kabuto was already dead. So I hope kabuto is kabuto. I do wonder what orochi is doing there and the "I can see" words he said, maybe he already took the sharingan from sasuke; sasuke=dead? that'd be really a twist in the story but I hope it's not that
Anshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 19:52   Link #87
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
That's not what Oro is thinking; it's an end-of-chapter narrative, same as the one across the last panels. If it were his thoughts, the text would be straight as opposed to stylized like that.
In that case I'd go with "He was watching/He saw it" with "He" reffering to Orochimaru.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 20:34   Link #88
gangsta905_04
AnimeSuki's #1 criminal

Send a message via MSN to gangsta905_04
isnt this supposed to be Chapter 289? :S
gangsta905_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 21:32   Link #89
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Why do some people keep saying Akatsuki will try to grab Sasuke? They don't want Sasuke, they want Naruto. It's Jinchuiruki their after.
i say they are going to grab him because...

1) orochimaru is going to kill him soon, he needs to leave that place.
2) itachi said sasuke would reach his potential with him, even if sasuke hated him.
3) itachi didnt kill sasuke in the past i dont think itachi's going to let orochimaru do it.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 22:25   Link #90
Nubixkube

This is hard to really discuss.

All we know is that Akatsuki has concerns about Orochimaru, it seems they prefer him dead. Orochimaru also has concerns about Akatsuki in the future, it appears they will interfere with his plans.

If Itachi takes Sasuke away from Orochimaru, it won't be as part of an Akatuski mission, it will be because Itachi wanted to do it.

Now if he kills Orochimaru, that could be part of an Akatsuki mission.

Akatsuki has no use for Sasuke, they want Jinchuiruki as far as we know.

I believe Orocohimaru will some how how be killed before he has the chance to take over Sasuke's body, who kills him, you might as well flip a coin on that one.

I'm personally more interested in what is exactly going to happen on this bridge. It was stated by Yamato that they were to detain the spy and question him. I don't see them letting Kabuto off that bridge without a fight. Now why exactly is Orochimaru there? Is he spying on Kabuto, or is Kabuto being a spy part of Orochimaru's plan and are they setting up the person they believe is Sasori.

I personally believe that Kabuto is a Jinchuiruki and there is no way he would sustain any contact with Akatsuki that is beneficial to that organization, because if they realize that he is a container for a demon, they'd try to extract it and kill him. I come to this conclusion because from what I've seen from Naruto and Gaara, their demonistic characteristics are more prevailant when their emotions are out of control. When Kabuto was cut during the Chunin exam, he lost his cool and his physical characteristics begun to change. He quickly was able to collect himself though and surpressed his demon physical characteristics. Also, Kabuto can create new cells, the only other person I've seen with this capability is Naruto who just happens to be a Jinchuiruki.

I believe Orochimaru plans to take over Sasuke's body, but not just that. I believe he is going to also take the demon from Kabuto and put that inside of Sasuke's body and create a blood line limit Jinchuiruki.

Obviously, Orochimaru wants to stop Akatsuki's plan from being carried out. Since he has one of the rings and one of the Jinchuiruki's in his possession, I think he is currently in a position to do this.
Old 2005-12-24, 22:35   Link #91
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Akatsuki has no use for Sasuke, they want Jinchuiruki as far as we know.
no use for someone with more potential then itachi ? you've got to be kidding :P

kabutos thought to be lots of things and hes not, hes just the son of a great medic nothing more so he has great talent in medical ablities.

in my opinon hes as good as dead , and will die soon n_n
Old 2005-12-24, 22:38   Link #92
Nubixkube

Unless Sasuke wants to join Akatuski and carry out their mission, which as of now, Sasuke wants to just kill Itachi. They have no use for him.
Old 2005-12-24, 22:47   Link #93
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Unless Sasuke wants to join Akatuski and carry out their mission, which as of now, Sasuke wants to just kill Itachi. They have no use for him.
itachi will help sasuke reach his potential because he wants to fight a MS user if sasuke kills itachi, the leader could easily corrupt sasukes mind and get him working for him for much greater power .. or if he doesnt beat itachi, the leader could always get his eye on him and help him get power, there are many ways and sasukes got no where else.. this is the most obvious solution.
Old 2005-12-24, 23:04   Link #94
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Is Kabuto under a spell?
Old 2005-12-24, 23:04   Link #95
Nubixkube

Itachi will most likely die at the hands of someone who is not an MS user, I think.

And I doubt the leader of Akatsuki brain washes these people into working for him. I believe they all have a common objective.

The most obvious solutions will be the ones I read in a Naruto manga chapter. Until then everything is speculation and farfetched speculation since Kishimoto can do whatever the hell he wants when he wants.
Old 2005-12-24, 23:08   Link #96
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Itachi will most likely die at the hands of someone who is not an MS user, I think.
yes me too well not really a MS user will kill him but, i think kakashi will kill him.

Quote:
And I doubt the leader of Akatsuki brain washes these people into working for him. I believe they all have a common objective
no but sasuke wants power , whats he do if his brothers dead or still alive but stronger than him ? uh more power.. the akatsuki leader will promise him more power than orochimaru could of ever given him, i think it'd be a great plot twist if sasuke was hunting the kyuu-bi as a akatsuki

but your right nothings true until the manga does it, this theory just makes more sense to me than sasuke not being in akatsuki.

Quote:
Is Kabuto under a spell?
no, he was under a jutsu from sasori and came out of it recently

Last edited by Rachy; 2005-12-24 at 23:35.
Old 2005-12-25, 01:03   Link #97
Zek
Eyebrows...

I would like to see Sasuke join Akatsuki in Itachi's place after he dies, regardless of who kills him. With Itachi dead, Sasuke will have nothing left to live for except gaining power for the sake of power. It would definitely be an interesting twist for him to be assigned to Kyuubi.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 01:17   Link #98
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

I wonder if this jutsu wore off of Kabuto because of Sasori's death. And since it seems like Kabuto knew he was under a jutsu, then maybe he knows that for the justsu to come undone, it means that Sasori is dead and knows that the person in front of him is an imposter.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 01:25   Link #99
MasafumiGotoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramadrama
I wonder if this jutsu wore off of Kabuto because of Sasori's death. And since it seems like Kabuto knew he was under a jutsu, then maybe he knows that for the justsu to come undone, it means that Sasori is dead and knows that the person in front of him is an imposter.
It seems Sasori can turn this jutsu off at will. So even if the jutsu is off doesn't mean Sasori is dead.

Of course we all know Sasori is dead but I don't think Kabuto knows yet.
MasafumiGotoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 01:32   Link #100
4F0ur

did someone mention this??
its chapter 289 not 189
ignore me if this has already stated by someone

credit to necrodeath...
4F0ur is offline   Reply With Quote