Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-01, 13:07   Link #2281
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Haha, something like that, yeah (althorugh One Piece is up in more seasons than that and shows no sign of stopping... )

Well, I'm also inclined to believe that if they don't wrap it up this season, it'll either be an OVA or perhaps a movie for the grand finale...
I know. I'm currently reading the manga at the momentand am up to chapter 313 or so and starting to hope that it ends soon.
Old 2008-07-01, 13:07   Link #2282
Inferno Phoenyx
Team No Feelings

I'm also hoping they wrap it up this season mainly because I hate waiting and such.
Old 2008-07-01, 13:08   Link #2283
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno Phoenyx View Post
I'm also hoping they wrap it up this season mainly because I hate waiting and such.
We all hate waiting. It's bad enough waiting a week in between ep's and these new spoilers haven't helped matters.
Old 2008-07-01, 13:10   Link #2284
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
I know. I'm currently reading the manga at the momentand am up to chapter 313 or so and starting to hope that it ends soon.
Not a chance. Oda has mentioned that he's only half-finised so far...

Code Geass is good - among the better stuff I've seen these last few years, no doubt - but it shouldn't beocme too much of a cashsow - or a dead horse, even... . So I think it's better if thye just wrap it up here...

But I did say that I wouldn't mind other Code Geass-series set in the same universe, sorta. That would for sure make Code Geass the new gundam though...
Old 2008-07-01, 13:18   Link #2285
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Not a chance. Oda has mentioned that he's only half-finised so far...

Code Geass is good - among the better stuff I've seen these last few years, no doubt - but it shouldn't beocme too much of a cashsow - or a dead horse, even... . So I think it's better if thye just wrap it up here...

But I did say that I wouldn't mind other Code Geass-series set in the same universe, sorta. That would for sure make Code Geass the new gundam though...
This is the same Sunrise that's making another bloddy Mai Hime though. Never discount the possiblity of them flogging it mercilessly like a cash cow.
Old 2008-07-01, 13:26   Link #2286
Inferno Phoenyx
Team No Feelings

Quote:
We all hate waiting. It's bad enough waiting a week in between ep's and these new spoilers haven't helped matters.
True that and with the upcoming episodes and how things are going, I sense an emo Lelouch for several episodes or so.
Old 2008-07-01, 13:26   Link #2287
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
That's like asking people to not be racist to aristocrats. Immortality is not a race, it's a status. A status that isn't constant, nor does it change much about your life besides NOT dying. In fact, being immortal is actually discriminating against the mortals, since you live while they die.
So having more money is discriminatory to poor people?

Your argument boils down to this; That it isn't "fair" for Immortals to live when you yourself can die. Thus this is merely jealousy, and thus a demand that immortals should die is no better than Witch-burning.

Indeed, Witch-burning IS the result of such arguments. Someone has something you don't have, so you have them murdered as revenge.

Saying immortals should become mortal, is to demand that someone need to die for your personal satisfaction. "If I can't have it, no one can!"
Old 2008-07-01, 13:28   Link #2288
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post

Your argument boils down to this; That it isn't "fair" for Immortals to live when you yourself can die. Thus this is merely jealousy, and thus a demand that immortals should die is no better than Witch-burning.

Indeed, Witch-burning IS the result of such arguments. Someone has something you don't have, so you have them murdered as revenge.

Saying immortals should become mortal, is to demand that someone need to die for your personal satisfaction. "If I can't have it, no one can!"
Yep. Just like how the Romans would posion the well's when they got driven out. Its just being spiteful.
Old 2008-07-01, 13:32   Link #2289
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama
This is the same Sunrise that's making another bloddy Mai Hime though. Never discount the possiblity of them flogging it mercilessly like a cash cow.
Hmm. Well, I can understand the logic behind it though; why change a winning recipe ? <_<.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama
'
You're right of course. Now that the pace is picking up and we're left with several sensentive situations left of hanging (Kallen's situation, Shirley's situation, Lelouch's situation and so on), we're all feeling rather.. tense and worried. And eager to get on with it instead of being left hanging at the end of each episode. It wasn't so bad up until episode 8 or 9 I think, but after that...

For myself I suppsoe I should perhaps have left season 2 be until it was finished, but I ain't THAt patient...
Old 2008-07-01, 13:39   Link #2290
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Hmm. Well, I can understand the logic behind it though; why change a winning recipe ? <_<.
Because no matter how good something is if you keep flogging it for all its worth it'll go bad.

Take Mobile Suit Gundam Seed, a great anime. Then watch Gundam Seed Destiny. I dare you to say that it doesn't completely ruin the Seed name and characters. They might of well have renamed it "Gundam Seed Homage to Kira and Lacus".

Basically you risk tarnishing a good series/franchises name.
Old 2008-07-01, 13:40   Link #2291
Daniani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post

I approve this post a lot. You don't have to die / people don't have to be maltreated if they are different from the majority unless they did something really bad (and even...). But reality is more harsh since a lot of people are driven mad by jealousy and some other wrong feelings...

Being immortal doesn't hurt other people .

+rep

Last edited by Daniani; 2008-07-01 at 14:14.
Old 2008-07-01, 13:43   Link #2292
Makoto_Must_DIE

Quote:
But as he said in Ep7 Zero's exsistence is an obstacle to her goal. By that logic he would just give up and go all emo again. For good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniani View Post
I see a difference between being happy for someone else and being happy about his own personal life.

He will not be around Nunnaly during his entire life (at least, he will not live with her every day).
What is Lelouche's ultimate goal? His own happiness?

What were to happen if Nunally were to die tomorrow? (Hypothetically speaking?) Is he going to shrug it off his shoulders and be like "Oh well, win some lose some?" We already saw what happened in episode 6. Once she's gone his only excuse would be that he's doing everything for the sake of revenge.

Lelouche has a few reasons for his actions. Take then all away then he will have NOTHING. Then we can say that he would be all emo'ed out again.
Old 2008-07-01, 13:48   Link #2293
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoto_Must_DIE View Post

What were to happen if Nunally were to die tomorrow? (Hypothetically speaking?) Is he going to shrug it off his shoulders and be like "Oh well, win some lose some?" We already saw what happened in episode 6. Once she's gone his only excuse would be that he's doing everything for the sake of revenge.

Lelouche has a few reasons for his actions. Take then all away then he will have NOTHING. Then we can say that he would be all emo'ed out again.
He'll kill himself.

In lost colors if you get the bad end where Nunnally dies he offs himself. I'm pretty sure since the game was made with the help of some people and the fact that they lifted somethings its what his reaction would be.
Old 2008-07-01, 13:50   Link #2294
Daniani

Quote:

Then why are we talking about Romance and his "friends" in some threads?

Since he doesn't care about everything but Nunnaly, we can close some threads...
Old 2008-07-01, 13:51   Link #2295
kikit13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
Why why?! Why did things have to turn out this way? T_T
Spoiler:

i'm gonna seriously stop watching code geass. i don't want it no more...such heartbreaking news...
Old 2008-07-01, 13:55   Link #2296
Makoto_Must_DIE

Quote:
Then why are we talking about Romance and his "friends" in some threads?

Since he doesn't care about everything but Nunnaly, we can close some threads...
I didn't say that. If his friends die of course he's gonna be upset. If Shirley dies he's not going to throw himself off the school and kill himself. Of course he's not going to get his happy ending, but I think he would still, much rather, put other people ahead of his own.

Though, ultimately, his goal is revenge. He WILL get his revenge for those who have died though. That goes w/o saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikit13 View Post
i'm gonna seriously stop watching code geass. i don't want it no more...such heartbreaking news...
Advice for the future:

Anytime a character starts talking about wanting a 'Happy ending' e.g. being able to exist with all their friends, PRIOR to the last couple of episodes (mainly in the beginning) chances are that it's not going to happen. =(
Old 2008-07-01, 14:06   Link #2297
zalem

lol. It could still happen. Everyone dies and they all go off to the world of C. Still that's kind of a morbid end...but they'll all be together.
Old 2008-07-01, 14:07   Link #2298
Daniani

Quote:
I didn't say that. If his friends die of course he's gonna be upset. If Shirley dies he's not going to throw himself off the school and kill himself. Of course he's not going to get his happy ending, but I think he would still, much rather, put other people ahead of his own.

Though, ultimately, his goal is revenge. He WILL get his revenge for those who have died though. That goes w/o saying.
I see your point now

Quote:
Advice for the future:

Anytime a character starts talking about wanting a 'Happy ending' e.g. being able to exist with all their friends, PRIOR to the last couple of episodes (mainly in the beginning) chances are that it's not going to happen. =(
It reminds me Tower of Druaga.

Spoiler for Ep01:

About shirley, Am I the only one who thought the music in the background when Shirley told him she will make him fall in love with her, was a hint about this tragedy?
Old 2008-07-01, 14:08   Link #2299
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
It reminds me Tower of Druaga.

Spoiler for Ep01:
Reminded me rather of Gurren Lagann...
Old 2008-07-01, 14:31   Link #2300
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
if a character talks about the girl back home