AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-06, 10:23   Link #1281
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
While I agree that a second rape was a bit much- and I'm glad it was censored- I understand why they did it. It's not for Ai's character development, she already had plenty of reason to attach herself to Marco. It was for Marco's development- he failed Ai, and so he won't ever leave her again.

Thus explaining his behavior this episode.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 10:44   Link #1282
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

And there goes whatever likability Kurou Amano had. I hope you enjoyed his hilarity while it lasted.

And yes, there were a lot of stuff I found stupid in this episode, like Ai's backstory (which at least had Marco interfering, so I'll let it slide), Yuki's refusal to grow, and the fact that two kids (well, just Yuno) can run upstairs with a plan faster than an elevator. All in all, why? Why Marco? Why Ai? Why?!

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 10:56   Link #1283
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Wow, I never realised how much of a bad past Ai and Marco had from childhood. They were both abandoned as children and each had their own bad luck. Ai was raped while Marco had to live with the guilt of not being able to fully save her from it. Both of them seem like the average couple in an anime who look good together, and I think that if not for the bad things that happened to them, neither of them would have be stuck in the deadly game of cat and mouse whilst being referred to as Seventh. They would instead be a happy couple that wouldn't have to fight to save their relationship and have to kill others.

The way Seventh died was pretty tragic. I felt some emotion when Marco said his last few words as Ai began dying. They could have become the good guys if they wanted to but it was only then did it really show that.

I can't believe Yuki's dad killed his mother! I wont believe it...his father sure is one selfish bastard.

Last edited by DXMichael; 2012-02-06 at 11:23.
DXMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 12:42   Link #1284
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
I can't believe Yuki's dad killed his mother! I wont believe it...his father sure is one selfish bastard.
wow the number of betrayals this kid has faced in this series isn't even funny now he should snapped a long time ago...
Old 2012-02-06, 13:42   Link #1285
ookamigirl

Marco & Ai story was pretty messed up.
Yuno always amazes me. She really is like a hitman or pro soldier, just with an added psycho bonus.
Yukkii is the only balance for Yuno to keep her from going totally psycho.
The story od Marco & Ai was pretty sad, but I never would have expected Yukkii's dad to go as far as he did.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 14:25   Link #1286
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
wow the number of betrayals this kid has faced in this series isn't even funny now he should snapped a long time ago...
I think he has gotten to a point where he can pretty much trust no one but himself anymore. Each time someone claims to help him, he gets stabbed in the back. Even Yuno, who always claimed she loves him, has abused his trust once before. Ninth already told him that he should stop relying on others and find out his own strength, and I think he's finally going to take that advice to heart. However, I don't think he'll stop at 'manning up'. This much betrayal will probably make him extremely paranoid and I can't see it end well for him if so.
Old 2012-02-06, 16:00   Link #1287
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnights View Post
This is one of the few anime where i'm collecting the BDs. BDs are on another level of quality and very well made, and expecially without all these horrible black bands and blurs that ruin the immersion.

Btw, this was a great episode. Was the mother of Yukki really killed by her father or from the one that manipulated him? Eh eh...

9/10.
How can you even think it was anyone else but Yukki's dad? He was screaming for her to let go, and had a knife in his hand, and the picture then cut off as he was about to move the knife => How can you seriously think that any other person did it after seeing that?
Old 2012-02-06, 16:04   Link #1288
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Yukkii is the only balance for Yuno to keep her from going totally psycho.
I think it will not be the case anymore after what happened to his mother...His father is just a fucking scum which deserve to be killed. I hope Yuno will be able to do that

And seventh, damn, so tragic .
Old 2012-02-06, 16:18   Link #1289
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Ai and Marco's past was sad. At least they were together in the end. Why ddi Yuki's mom have to die! I hope Yuki is the one that kills him. Well he has the perfect expert in Yuno to help him out. Wonder how they'll get 8th since Nishijima couldn't find the server.
Old 2012-02-06, 21:44   Link #1290
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

oh my look like could this be finally be boiling point for yuki finally to snap to man up already?!

this week ep.17

more detail past of sevenths from first met on tower, high school life, tower again with female seventh went a tower wedding, til we whole "oh no" for female sevenths got "attack".
til male seventh to the rescue with blood on hand yet to "slice" himself but female seventh stop him so they be together.
fast forward right now yuki got yuno's hand while sevenths grab his dad.
meanwhile young cop heard tower boom get yuki's mom & no finding on big headed person area (any bets it might inside the hat really look at the desgin).
on the elevator sevenths wonder to plan give chute to escape & yet they got what they want tower wedding.
open elevator hero yuno with yuki on speakers unleash the yuno.
yuno vs male seventh with lead male grab the knife with his BARE TEETH!!!!
but it was all distraction cause here come yuki to dart but missed oh there yuno to slash female seventh neck.
then here come yuki's dad grab the chute go like so like run like i got.
til here come your wife & panic to do ugh...
while yuki & yuno under the debris with female seventh then male seventh going all digging to get his woman.
during which yuno & yuki lift the block cause male seventh just want his woman.
after which yuno & yuki take the chute both seventh go together in death on same tower they first met.
after all that here the ugh/big NO yea yuki's mom got "NO!!!!".

now what next now indeed will yuki finally go MAD & take the hate?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 21:47   Link #1291
Veil of Seph

About to watch 17.

Don't recall Ai being raped in the manga, but i gather that they tend to diverge and expand in animes. Will be good to see if it was necessary or not.
Veil of Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 21:54   Link #1292
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
And there goes whatever likability Kurou Amano had. I hope you enjoyed his hilarity while it lasted.

And yes, there were a lot of stuff I found stupid in this episode, like Ai's backstory (which at least had Marco interfering, so I'll let it slide), Yuki's refusal to grow, and the fact that two kids (well, just Yuno) can run upstairs with a plan faster than an elevator. All in all, why? Why Marco? Why Ai? Why?!
That's an odd thing to complain about. I out run the elevator all the time. Anything more one floor and I can always beat it.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 22:07   Link #1293
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
That's an odd thing to complain about. I out run the elevator all the time. Anything more one floor and I can always beat it.
I guess that depends on the speed of the elevator.

Old 2012-02-06, 23:30   Link #1294
Veil of Seph

I honestly felt that the plot devices for Ai and Marco, though used quite alot, was implented quite well. Dont get me wrong, not a fan of rape, but if you look at their relationship, it does give its development into its current state justice, and i really enjoy them as a couple.
Old 2012-02-06, 23:40   Link #1295
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
^ Well, all things considered... yes it did make sense for how things work in the Mirai Nikki character psychology... afterall Tsubaki became the leader of her rapists, so Ai getting a boyfriend after getting gang-rapped probably makes all those hentai way too rational

IMHO, Mirai Nikki is at its best when it does not take itself or is taken by the viewers seriously
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 23:48   Link #1296
Veil of Seph

Yep, though rape seems to stem yanderes alot these days doesnt it!?!
Old 2012-02-06, 23:52   Link #1297
Malkuth
Banned

^ Tsubaki and Ai are not even close to a yandere... what do you mean? Yuno wasn't raped, just an attempt in the cult arc... on the other hand she continuously mind-rapes that wimp that should have died long ago and the manga center around Minene instead
Old 2012-02-07, 00:03   Link #1298
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
IMHO, Mirai Nikki is at its best when it does not take itself or is taken by the viewers seriously
That statement just makes laugh. When did this series take itself seriously? It's clearly a pulpy thriller that exists in some screwed up world.

Old 2012-02-07, 00:08   Link #1299
Veil of Seph

Nah, mostly coming from Djs and such. More of a, they seem to come hand-in-hand, sort of a thing, where, if not directly linked, they are associated story wise.
Old 2012-02-07, 00:33   Link #1300
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
That statement just makes laugh. When did this series take itself seriously? It's clearly a pulpy thriller that exists in some screwed up world.
Tsubaki flashback, Minene flashback, Ai flashback, stargazing fantasy, Hinata flashback... you get the pattern for when the anime tries to be serious... not that it fails (most posters here rejoiced at censoring the serious parts of the story), it's just not enjoyable in the same way, and when keeping up its pulpy feel it is very entertaining.

Tags
psychological, shounen, yandere