AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2007-03-04, 17:56   Link #1
Nergol

Attn: EPIC - Please Don't Encode AVIs In WMV3 Any More

If anyone from Epic fansubs has their ears on out there.

Thank you so much for fansubbing Master of Epic. Great show, everyone I know loves it, appreciate the effort.

That said, while episode 1 played fine for me, when I tried to play episode 2, I got this out of VLC (on OSX 10.4, Dual Core MacBook):

I've seen that before in a couple of downloaded files, and it's bad news. Almost nothing will play the file - not Xine, not mPlayer, not VLC; they'll either not play the file at all, or just play the audio.

Finally after searching for quite a while and downloading a codec from Flip4Mac, I can get QuickTime to play it, but it still won't play in any other player. Long story short, it's a troublesome way to do things, so if you could, like, not do that anymore, I'd appreciate it. Thank you.
Old 2007-03-04, 18:24   Link #2
Joojoobees

That's weird. I was able to play Episode 2 using VLC 0.86 on an Intel Mac (MacOSX 10.4.8). I don't even get an error message, and certainly not that particular one.
Old 2007-03-05, 04:43   Link #3
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

You have an out-of-date VLC version. I'm pretty sure the most recent one does WMV3. Furthermore, the most recent builds of MPlayer handle WMV3. Your information is faulty. That said, there are entirely OTHER reasons groups shouldn't use WMV3 (it sucks), but it's definitely not difficult to get video files encoded with it playing on a Mac.