Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-03-27, 04:35   Link #681
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
Decent series. I have seen better, I have seen much worse.

Spoiler for Episode 12:
lol... it seems like quite a number of you are having a hard time believing this. So let's have me explain this with... hell, I don't even know what I'm going to use to explain this. Science, logic, observation, whatever the hell it is I hope you all understand so stand in attention because class is in session.

-First let's start from the barrier smash. It's apparent that Himari has some sort of barrier so both girls are evenly matched. (Quarter powered Kyuuchibi versus level 1 Darkness Himari)
-You'll do well to remember that as Himari is being owned, the Kyuuchibi was airborne at all times. When the Kyuuchibi begins ground operations Himari had the upper hand, forcing Kyuuchibi to the air, and when Himari goes airborne, the Kyuuchibi "handily" owns her. Instances in history where similar occurred: Obi Wan Kenobi versus Anakin Skywalker: "I have the higher ground"
-Huh what's this? Your Himari is evolving! The Kyuuchibi, with the intention to just eat, eat and eat, dives head first into a newly whited Himari (Quarter powered Kyuuchibi versus level 2 Darkness Himari). The Kyuuchibi draws first blood as Himari simply doesn't believe in dodging. Enter Half powered Kyuuchibi versus level 2 Darkness Himari.
-Eat eat eat while the Kyuuchibi makes me want a donut, all she's got on her mind is to eat. Himari wants to kill, so she flies off into space head first towards an airborne Kyuuchibi (once again, I'd like to remind everyone that the Kyuuchibi has air supremacy), who handily gets grabbed by the Kyuuchibi. In which the Kyuuchibi takes a "bite outta crime" Instances in history where air-to-ground combat yields victory for the air: Space Marines obliteration of the Navi at Mother tree, X-wing tossing a torpedo down a garbage chute in the Death Star, and possibly the greatest ground attacker in the history of air-to-ground warfare: Hans Ulrich Rudel.
-Enter 3-quarters powered Kyuuchibi, who made the mistake of chomping down on the action: history tells us that if you don't swallow your prey while it's still alive, kill it first before actually taking a bite. Of course, as many times Himari took to let the Kyuuchibi get close, that was as close as she could have gotten, and so that set up a rather nice trap in her favor by letting the Kyuuchibi bite more than she could chew. Instances in history where the hunter get's owned because of its mouth: story-I-forgot-about where a crocodile/alligator chomps a guys' head in front of spectators (I believe they killed it to free the guy), A pokemon that used Bite on a Mareep/Flaffy/Ampharous that has the ability Static, and more famously the electric wire shoved into the molar of Gozilla in Sony's 1998 film.

Ok, maybe that was all stupid but, here's the explanation as to why the Kyuuchibi failed:
-I recall the last known replenishment consumed was a crepe. Human food = detrimental to the Kyuuchibi's appetite.
-No food = weak. Lame. HUNGRY!!!!
-You think a few pints of Cat Blood is going to make her level up?
-In a rush = poorly thought out planning. The Kyuuchibi, in all her haste to satisfy the demands of the Shuuten, went into final form too early. Remember, she had to "eat" Himari in order to FULLY restore her power (and the Shuuten's).
-Again, no food = pretty much dead. No food + Final Form = even more dead due to the increase power output to fuel ratio.

So Where did all that power come from that Himari had? Well:

-[Some-not-so] history shows us those that give in to the hate/anger/darkness acquire a newfound power and use it to blindly wage destruction. Level 1 Himari.
-You know how it goes, become one with your source of power = you are the power Level 2 Himari.
-Oh well what do you know, that Yuuto had to show up. Bodyguard + powerful master nearby = newfound strength for the bodyguard! As long as the master has the funds to supply his/her bodyguard with weapons of singular destruction, the bodyguard is unstoppable (Himari apparently powered herself through that "I'd do anything for you" thing )
-That's the Himari that proceeded to decommission the Kyuuchibi and eventually everyone nearby.

Oh, so how exactly did that Yuuto stop Himari anyways? Well, remember my [weird] logic? As long as the master has the guns, the bodyguard has the guns. Whenever the master eats at McDonalds, the bodyguard has to eat at McD's. When the master rides in a limo, the bodyguard rides in a limo. And gee whiz, when the master weakens up and starts loving her, she got no choice but to weaken up and show some love if she wants to keep that job

Remember that Himari powered up herself through that "You are what I'm fighting for" kind of thing. So in a way, she cheated the darkness: It's almost as if, in the middle of a desert, I want to buy your bottle of water using a large gold brick. I may have over-paid you, but if you don't find a bank in the middle of a desert that gold brick is as good as the sand around you (With her source of her power practically hugging her, Himari had no choice but to cool down and lose the darkness since, well, payment's been revoked, and as long as Yuuto stayed away from her, she was free to be Alone in the Dark )

So there you have it. My flawed, hilariously stupid explanation as to why Omamori Himari episode 12 made a whole lot of sense to this weird and wonderful... person that I am
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 05:01   Link #682
Iromaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I checked, but not really anything there...? They have the weekly best sellers thing, but both manga are never together, it seems?
In fact, the one time SoraOto's manga got on the list, it has more weekly sells than any of the times Omamori Himari got on the list.
Weekly sales can be misleading since they don't come out at the same day. The thing is OH made it to the list 3 times while SnO just once. And it have better scores on every manga site. But it's not really a big difference anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
They completely missed introducing the other 12? Demon Slayers.
Spoiler for manga:
Iromaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 06:11   Link #683
ZeKeR
Superbad

and the 4 families are the ones that are powerful.... but though we all know that the amakawa family are the most powerful in terms of power among the 12 families but sadly were criticized due to their HIGH tolerance towards spirits....
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 09:12   Link #684
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
lol... it seems like quite a number of you are having a hard time believing this. So let's have me explain this with... hell, I don't even know what I'm going to use to explain this. Science, logic, observation, whatever the hell it is I hope you all understand so stand in attention because class is in session.

-First let's start from the barrier smash. It's apparent that Himari has some sort of barrier so both girls are evenly matched. (Quarter powered Kyuuchibi versus level 1 Darkness Himari)
-You'll do well to remember that as Himari is being owned, the Kyuuchibi was airborne at all times. When the Kyuuchibi begins ground operations Himari had the upper hand, forcing Kyuuchibi to the air, and when Himari goes airborne, the Kyuuchibi "handily" owns her. Instances in history where similar occurred: Obi Wan Kenobi versus Anakin Skywalker: "I have the higher ground"
-Huh what's this? Your Himari is evolving! The Kyuuchibi, with the intention to just eat, eat and eat, dives head first into a newly whited Himari (Quarter powered Kyuuchibi versus level 2 Darkness Himari). The Kyuuchibi draws first blood as Himari simply doesn't believe in dodging. Enter Half powered Kyuuchibi versus level 2 Darkness Himari.
-Eat eat eat while the Kyuuchibi makes me want a donut, all she's got on her mind is to eat. Himari wants to kill, so she flies off into space head first towards an airborne Kyuuchibi (once again, I'd like to remind everyone that the Kyuuchibi has air supremacy), who handily gets grabbed by the Kyuuchibi. In which the Kyuuchibi takes a "bite outta crime" Instances in history where air-to-ground combat yields victory for the air: Space Marines obliteration of the Navi at Mother tree, X-wing tossing a torpedo down a garbage chute in the Death Star, and possibly the greatest ground attacker in the history of air-to-ground warfare: Hans Ulrich Rudel.
-Enter 3-quarters powered Kyuuchibi, who made the mistake of chomping down on the action: history tells us that if you don't swallow your prey while it's still alive, kill it first before actually taking a bite. Of course, as many times Himari took to let the Kyuuchibi get close, that was as close as she could have gotten, and so that set up a rather nice trap in her favor by letting the Kyuuchibi bite more than she could chew. Instances in history where the hunter get's owned because of its mouth: story-I-forgot-about where a crocodile/alligator chomps a guys' head in front of spectators (I believe they killed it to free the guy), A pokemon that used Bite on a Mareep/Flaffy/Ampharous that has the ability Static, and more famously the electric wire shoved into the molar of Gozilla in Sony's 1998 film.

Ok, maybe that was all stupid but, here's the explanation as to why the Kyuuchibi failed:
-I recall the last known replenishment consumed was a crepe. Human food = detrimental to the Kyuuchibi's appetite.
-No food = weak. Lame. HUNGRY!!!!
-You think a few pints of Cat Blood is going to make her level up?
-In a rush = poorly thought out planning. The Kyuuchibi, in all her haste to satisfy the demands of the Shuuten, went into final form too early. Remember, she had to "eat" Himari in order to FULLY restore her power (and the Shuuten's).
-Again, no food = pretty much dead. No food + Final Form = even more dead due to the increase power output to fuel ratio.

So Where did all that power come from that Himari had? Well:

-[Some-not-so] history shows us those that give in to the hate/anger/darkness acquire a newfound power and use it to blindly wage destruction. Level 1 Himari.
-You know how it goes, become one with your source of power = you are the power Level 2 Himari.
-Oh well what do you know, that Yuuto had to show up. Bodyguard + powerful master nearby = newfound strength for the bodyguard! As long as the master has the funds to supply his/her bodyguard with weapons of singular destruction, the bodyguard is unstoppable (Himari apparently powered herself through that "I'd do anything for you" thing )
-That's the Himari that proceeded to decommission the Kyuuchibi and eventually everyone nearby.

Oh, so how exactly did that Yuuto stop Himari anyways? Well, remember my [weird] logic? As long as the master has the guns, the bodyguard has the guns. Whenever the master eats at McDonalds, the bodyguard has to eat at McD's. When the master rides in a limo, the bodyguard rides in a limo. And gee whiz, when the master weakens up and starts loving her, she got no choice but to weaken up and show some love if she wants to keep that job

Remember that Himari powered up herself through that "You are what I'm fighting for" kind of thing. So in a way, she cheated the darkness: It's almost as if, in the middle of a desert, I want to buy your bottle of water using a large gold brick. I may have over-paid you, but if you don't find a bank in the middle of a desert that gold brick is as good as the sand around you (With her source of her power practically hugging her, Himari had no choice but to cool down and lose the darkness since, well, payment's been revoked, and as long as Yuuto stayed away from her, she was free to be Alone in the Dark )

So there you have it. My flawed, hilariously stupid explanation as to why Omamori Himari episode 12 made a whole lot of sense to this weird and wonderful... person that I am
I go with this explanation, from Shaman King anime:
Loli form is condensed power, so it's stronger than the bigger, true form. (Energy is required to maintain the mass, so the true form with bigger mass has less energy to take hits)
Old 2010-03-27, 10:03   Link #685
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
I go with this explanation, from Shaman King anime:
Loli form is condensed power, so it's stronger than the bigger, true form. (Energy is required to maintain the mass, so the true form with bigger mass has less energy to take hits)
That's basically what I said, right? Bigger power requirements but not enough fuel. Remember the Kyuuchibi was not even at full power, so it made it even worse for her. Simply put, my above explanation which, also somewhat applies to the Shuuten dude too.

And, I just remembered something. Something so hilarious, we all seemed to have missed it. Well, gee, all of us were like "huh, oh, end already. Time to rate it" But guess what we have missed. I know! I give someone a $5 Amazon Gift certificate if they can figure it out.

"Oh oh me pick me pick me! I want that $5!! I know what we missed:"

"Yuuto is cured of his cat allergies!"

No seriously guys, remember when he grabbed Darkness Himari, no snot no bloodshot eyes just tears of joy and happiness!! He's cured! It's a miracle!!!

Unless he has a thing for bad cats...

Old 2010-03-27, 10:11   Link #686
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
"Oh oh me pick me pick me! I want that $5!! I know what we missed:"

"Yuuto is cured of his cat allergies!"

No seriously guys, remember when he grabbed Darkness Himari, no snot no bloodshot eyes just tears of joy and happiness!! He's cured! It's a miracle!!!

Unless he has a thing for bad cats...

I thought of that too, but I forgot to mention it lol. (Doesn't matter if you don't believe me)

Probably the Light Ferry protects him. Because it's some BROKEN POWER that SAVES DA DAYYYYYYYY!!!
Old 2010-03-27, 10:21   Link #687
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
I thought of that too, but I forgot to mention it lol. (Doesn't matter if you don't believe me)

Probably the Light Ferry protects him. Because it's some BROKEN POWER that SAVES DA DAYYYYYYYY!!!
lol seriously dude, I believe you. I admit, after writing that wall of text up top, I started to think back maybe I missed something, and I'm betting other viewers started to think back too after reading all that

It's funny, not even Rinko, Shizuku, Kuesu etc noticed that too
Old 2010-03-27, 10:48   Link #688
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
lol seriously dude, I believe you. I admit, after writing that wall of text up top, I started to think back maybe I missed something, and I'm betting other viewers started to think back too after reading all that

It's funny, not even Rinko, Shizuku, Kuesu etc noticed that too

if they did... yuuto will drown.... and i dont mean in having the harem all over him.....
Old 2010-03-27, 11:32   Link #689
Iromaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
and the 4 families are the ones that are powerful.... but though we all know that the amakawa family are the most powerful in terms of power among the 12 families but sadly were criticized due to their HIGH tolerance towards spirits....
Actually no. Amakawas were number 6, Tsuchimikado and Jinguji are considered the most powerful but Jinguji were ranked last because others saw their dark magic as heresy. Amakawa family was criticized but still held in high regard (everybody likes enchanters ). There is that bonus page in vol.5 that describe all families in details.

Spoiler for Tama:
Iromaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 12:04   Link #690
Wrath88
Kissing...

I'm sure most of us prefer Tama to eat like this.
Spoiler for quite NSFW:
Old 2010-03-27, 22:04   Link #691
ZeKeR
Superbad

@iromaru: well they are practitioners of dark magic.... read the 12 families bio... but since they were considered 'leaving their natural powers' (though i think that they were weak in their own natural power so they had to focus on the western dark magic to compensate for it) by the other families... thats why... i thought they were no. 6 because of their being criticized... also didnt the other families try to covet thar power? the only problem that limits the light ferry imo is this:
- it only limits to imbuing blades and reinforcing the body
- unlike most powers, it doesnt have that much area damage or offensive projectiles though its a very VERY lethal weapon in CQB like bringing a BFS that had full stats in....
- a very deadly killer against ethereal beings.... but probably cant smash through objects

@wrath..... fox x cat = WtF?! you sir.... made my day....
Old 2010-03-27, 23:45   Link #692
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

An okay decent end to the anime series. I don't think I ever got the same charm and aura from watching the anime than from reading the manga. Still, for the most part, an enjoyable series that was fun to watch.
Old 2010-03-28, 01:22   Link #693
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iromaru View Post
Weekly sales can be misleading since they don't come out at the same day. The thing is OH made it to the list 3 times while SnO just once. And it have better scores on every manga site. But it's not really a big difference anyways.
Hmm? Doesn't that argument work against your statement though...? Like I said too.
What we are looking at is the popularity of OH to SnO, not how they do against the other competition of the weeks they were released. Perhaps OH's competition is weak, perhaps SnO's was strong, etc.
Although you cannot compare them by "how many times they appear on the top weekly sales", you can look at their sales though.

As for the manga site thing, I think it is pretty safe to suggest that is an overstatement, unless you can pull the ratings from every manga site on the internet (every language) and prove your statement is true.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 06:07   Link #694
Kallen4life

too overpowered Himari .. but still ok

Naruto Kyuubi >>>>>>>> Himari Kyuubi

who is the 3-rd strongest Ayakashi of Japan btw ? was it introduced in the manga ?

btw subbed manga is @ ~ch. 38-39 atm, is that past anime or prior ? anime did it's own ending to wrap up I assume, but what about manga ? at what point to they separate ?
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 08:45   Link #695
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
btw subbed manga is @ ~ch. 38-39 atm, is that past anime or prior ? anime did it's own ending to wrap up I assume, but what about manga ? at what point to they separate ?
I'm not going to spoil, because well, what is there to spoil. The anime took no key story from the manga to follow from start to finish, and instead picks select manga bits here and there to mesh what appears to be the manga's current plot and turns it into apparently an original anime ending (unless this is the direction Matra Milan will take the manga, which remains to be seen).

So in a way this anime can stand on it's own; sadly, not too many people seem satisfied with the direction it took. I for one enjoyed to the nominal degree of satisfaction, mainly because it's only 12 episodes and as such content will remain on a tight fit due to the combination of character introductions + story. Had the anime taken this route on 24 episodes, then I too would have felt distaste in my cookie flavored mouth
Old 2010-03-28, 09:36   Link #696
Kallen4life

hmm ok then
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 16:45   Link #697
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
too overpowered Himari .. but still ok

Naruto Kyuubi >>>>>>>> Himari Kyuubi

who is the 3-rd strongest Ayakashi of Japan btw ? was it introduced in the manga ?

well if you are planning to read the manga, i advise to start from in the cafe when they first meet the 9-tail fox, thats where anime starts to deviate from the manga it seems.
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 21:38   Link #698
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
thought the ending of the series was pretty bad but hey it did end in a typical harem fashion. wouldnt mind a second series.

but at least i can now go and finish off reading the manga.
Old 2010-03-29, 22:05   Link #699
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Well, just watched the final episode and over all, I am face palming.

I'm not sure if its my bias from reading the manga, but it could have been a lot better.

There were some good parts, like Himari transforming but this was one episode where the panty shots should have not been so abundant, or at least not as obvious.

I totally facepalming when Yuto gave her a new outfit and all too. Give me a break there.

Oh, and the final, final ending sequence should have been the OP. Black out each girl until they appear to avoid spoiling people and it'd be perfect.

Overall, it was enjoyable and had its moments of good and bad. I'd recommend the manga, but not the anime. Once again, they ruined a potentially awesome adaptation.
Old 2010-03-30, 19:18   Link #700
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Well despite some of the 'weird' logic of the final episode I was pretty happy with since it didn't do what I was worried about:
Spoiler for 12:
even though ending was a bit cheesy, I'd prefer that to tragic.
So since that didn't happen I enjoyed the final episode even if tama lived, and joined his harem xD. Though I would have liked to seen bit more of confession between Himari and Yuuto though him sparing her and risking his life like that was practically one. Also I'd lol at Himari getting the random outfit, but it sure did look awesome .

Overall I really enjoyed the series it had good music, decent art, and not awful ending considering it was original, so I'd give Omamori Himari 8/10 as someone who hasn't read the manga at all.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen