2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.53%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-05, 20:09   Link #401
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Why do people think that Ali is stealing a Gundam? And if he does -- WHERE ARE THE PASSWORDS!? Why is it always so fucking easy to jack shit in Gundam lol...
Libbons is messing up Veda so the computer security may not be as high. Especially if Ali is working for AC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgetful_Duck View Post
I dont understand.

What exactly is GN arms?

And was just another gundam which came and saved their arses? or one of those GN arms with charegd particles?
The GN Arms appears to be a G-Falcon/Orchis style unit that docks with a Gundam to add power or weapons.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 20:36   Link #402
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak
The GN Arms appears to be a G-Falcon/Orchis style unit that docks with a Gundam to add power or weapons.
G-Falcon, hell yeah that's what it reminded me of now that I think about it...You sir have earned a G-shaped cookie...Half the people here are gonna think you're talking about that bird superhero with the beak on his mask and the robotic dog though :/...Last week (ep 20) everybody sleeping on the obvious Gundam X homages are a testament to that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Ali's VA is the same guy that did Holland Novak in Eureka 7, where I found him to be just as good. The guy is especially talented at conveying malice, which is a very important thing to be able to do when playing a character like Ali. Ah yes, Keiji Fujiwara is his name.
He has this deep yet tangy and gravely delivery that's really rich, but almost understated...I can't wait for him and Setsuna to have another heated argument to slashing swords...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2008-03-05 at 20:59. Reason: syntax...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 22:49   Link #403
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring d0wn tEh Sky View Post
Oh and by the way, WHY did they not bring a bunch of grunt suits.They still have some, right ?! Thrones did not wipe 'em all out A kind of meat shield or something; they could have gone after Ptolemy while GN-X were struggling with Gundams
Now here's the question....do they have any MS that can operate in space? We have only seen HRL's Space Tieren.

Quote:
And its ironic that one of the presidents said that the reign of the Gundams has ended when it some sort they are using a gundam. (unless its a mistranslation)
Trying to misunderstand the meaning here, huh? You must clearly know which one is the "Gundam" he mentioned, aren't you?

Why they call those Gundam "Gundam"? Because in ep 1, they have the word "Gundam" on their body. The GN-X? I don't think they have any. Why call them "Gundam"?
Old 2008-03-05, 22:52   Link #404
Zeta Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
I'm hoping season 2 has some supergundams come out because this is ridiculous. For being outnumbered not even 5:1 grunts:gundams, the Thrones/Meisters are really jobbing it. These GN-Xs are nothing particularly amazing. They're like the mass produced mobile suits in SEED after the earth federation gets a hold of Kira's natural-friendly OS. Yes, they can take down a gundam given sufficient numbers, but in the end, we saw how they fared.

These gundam pilots are really, REALLY disappointing me.
Why do you keep comparing 00 to Gundam Seed

The GN-X's are far from anything in Seed.Yes they were mass produced on a minor scale,but in terms of power they aren't TOO far from the regular Gundams.The only difference being that the GN-X's don't have any specialization's(Jet mode,Snipers,Melee,Heavy Artillery).

This is basically equivalent to going against Suit's maybe just a tad weaker than Freedom or Justice for example when they were first rolled out.

Those crappy Maresamunes(sp?) or the GM's at their best and being most optimistic may have been as strong as Strike,but there were never actually grunts almost up to par with the Freedom(Until Kira uses the thing two years later)

Why should it even matter how some random Mobile Suits faired in Seed?

What happens in the series has no bearing on what happened in Seed.
Zeta Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 00:15   Link #405
tarachi
Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Trying to misunderstand the meaning here, huh? You must clearly know which one is the "Gundam" he mentioned, aren't you?

Why they call those Gundam "Gundam"? Because in ep 1, they have the word "Gundam" on their body. The GN-X? I don't think they have any. Why call them "Gundam"?
That's why I put "some sort" in my sentence I'm not implying anything bad on what he said.
tarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 03:14   Link #406
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Now here's the question....do they have any MS that can operate in space? We have only seen HRL's Space Tieren.
Remember the terrorist attack in episode 1? The terrorists were using Helions (which came from AEU).
Old 2008-03-06, 03:57   Link #407
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
10 as far as G00 goes. Either way, Saji is a complete waste of screentime now. Clearly, he *isn't* the average civilian, since civilians usually don't become a prime instance of Murphy's law in action.

The space commander for the UN is a buffoon. One gundam was damaged, another was inoperable, and now you have this flying thingy not capable of putting out even virtue's blasts and you're retreating?

Alejandro just went and pulled a LookAtMeI'mSoEvil that would make Durandall blush. Unless Ribbons wants to take over the world, Alejandro=whacked.

That GN Mega launcher the Thrones have is rather silly as well. Only one suit with that tomato beam that takes 2+ gundams to use? Can you say FRAUD?

I'm hoping season 2 has some supergundams come out because this is ridiculous. For being outnumbered not even 5:1 grunts:gundams, the Thrones/Meisters are really jobbing it. These GN-Xs are nothing particularly amazing. They're like the mass produced mobile suits in SEED after the earth federation gets a hold of Kira's natural-friendly OS. Yes, they can take down a gundam given sufficient numbers, but in the end, we saw how they fared.

These gundam pilots are really, REALLY disappointing me.
Stop bringing your CE mindset into the 00 universe
Old 2008-03-06, 08:33   Link #408
ReinhartX

truely agree im sick of people comparing gundam seed / destiny to gundam 00...these 2 are completely diff thing and if u compare 00 to seed...00 is so much better....what the hell is the point in gundams if u haf some1 beyond godlike like kira with strike freedom basically shooting every1 down like target practice??...

u want super gundams? would people even think of putting them in at the start?? to last till the end of the series??

most probably started their first gundam series with seed i guess....
ReinhartX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 09:27   Link #409
kiramuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinhartX View Post
truely agree im sick of people comparing gundam seed / destiny to gundam 00...these 2 are completely diff thing and if u compare 00 to seed...00 is so much better....what the hell is the point in gundams if u haf some1 beyond godlike like kira with strike freedom basically shooting every1 down like target practice??...

u want super gundams? would people even think of putting them in at the start?? to last till the end of the series??

most probably started their first gundam series with seed i guess....
There were far more cheapshots against Seed in most of the previous comparisons. So why didn't you complain then.
kiramuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 10:11   Link #410
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

I just realised there's something of a lapse of logic in this episode.

At the end, when Patrick rushed in to deal the finishing blow on Virtue, he was mouthing off about how if he kills the Gundam, he'll earn himself a kiss from Katie. As we all know, Patrick was prevented from taking Virtue by Dynames flying in his way and taking his beam saber. Afterwards, Patrick was seen flying off, pissed that he didn't manage to kill a Gundam after all.

Here's the thing; he had a beam saber in Dynames' cockpit, and while it was not his target in the first place; it was still a freakin' Gundam. If he really wanted to kill a Gundam that bad, why couldn't he have just exercised some flexibility on the fly and just finish off Dynames instead? One Gundam down is as good as another; why did he freakin' push Dynames away?!

One might say that's just the kind of idiot Patrick is, but I for one find it hard to believe that Patrick, idiot though he is, could be brainless enough not to do such a simple mental adjustment as switching targets on the fly to take out what he already had in the bag. I mean, whatever you say about him, this guy is still an ace, even if it's only in simulations; you have to have sufficient military training to do well even in simulations.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 13:01   Link #411
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
I dunno he dug a beam saber straight into Dynames' chest which obviously placed it out of commission.

To take out Virtue which is still offline would be an extra bonus.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 13:48   Link #412
clezzo
mysteriousgirl

episode was fantastic. taken a liking to lockon he's real brother guy.

Teiria still hasn't revealed his true identity yet and who's side his wang in?
clezzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 14:21   Link #413
Jays

Just a random thought here - while I hope Lockon comes away with just a facial scar, and is MIA for the rest of season one, or least until the final episode of season one were he makes a flashy appearance or something to that extent - I believe all they will do is just remove one eye, or have the vision in his right eye greatly hindered. This would drastically hamper his depth perception, and render his abilities as a sniper virtually useless, but it remains to be seen if it will forever hold him back from piloting other Gundams.

I think there definately is some connection between Livonze and Tieria; the former doesn't appear to be all into Celestial Being and is pleased with just being a servent to Alejandro - even if the rumors indicate something else - however I do believe that Livonze does have his own hidden agenda, on the other hand Tieria seems to be a full believer of Celestial Being, and aside of who he is, I believe we are beginning to know the true extent of just how deep is Tieria's knowledge of Celestial Being. I could possible forsee them in Season Two dooking it out or something.
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 15:35   Link #414
NeonZ

Quote:
If he really wanted to kill a Gundam that bad, why couldn't he have just exercised some flexibility on the fly and just finish off Dynames instead? One Gundam down is as good as another; why did he freakin' push Dynames away?!
Dynames was already out. Attacking it again wouldn't help much. Patrick actually did the right thing - his behavior after the battle is an example of his lack of actual experience though.
NeonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 18:21   Link #415
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta Gundam View Post
Why do you keep comparing 00 to Gundam Seed

The GN-X's are far from anything in Seed.Yes they were mass produced on a minor scale,but in terms of power they aren't TOO far from the regular Gundams.The only difference being that the GN-X's don't have any specialization's(Jet mode,Snipers,Melee,Heavy Artillery).

This is basically equivalent to going against Suit's maybe just a tad weaker than Freedom or Justice for example when they were first rolled out.

Those crappy Maresamunes(sp?) or the GM's at their best and being most optimistic may have been as strong as Strike,but there were never actually grunts almost up to par with the Freedom(Until Kira uses the thing two years later)

Why should it even matter how some random Mobile Suits faired in Seed?

What happens in the series has no bearing on what happened in Seed.
These GN-Xs are FAR weaker than Freedom or Justice. They're literally the equivalent of the Strike Gundam, which, by the time that GMs and Murasames and the 3 druggies came around, was getting rather obsolescent. Despite these technical stats (aside from phase shift...but in the G00verse, all of the MSes are built with E-carbon armor (Whatever the hell that is)), the GMs and Murasames *still* ate it by the numbers.

Honestly, the fact that four Meisters can barely survive a small (and I do mean SMALL compared to other battles we've seen in other universes) is disturbing. Mizushima promised that he'd treat gundams as superweapons. So far, they've been disturbingly weak, winning only because they had some major elements of surprise on their side, and losing horribly (due to pilots, to the machine's credit) when outnumbered. Even from the outset of Wing, you had the gundams go through other MSes like a hot knife through butter when alone.

The gundams are disappointing, the main characters are disappointing, the Throne pilots are disappointing (as are their machines), and the *only* good parts of the show are the NORMAL characters. Sumeragi, Graham, and Ali. And since Ali is basically assured a horrid mid-boss death and Graham asking for it by not converting to GN-X, I really don't feel I have anyone to really root for.

Which leaves me wondering...who *are* we supposed to be rooting for? Worthless waste of screentime Saji? Gundam Meisters we still know relatively little about (and it seems there's little to know...)? The three druggies not on drugs (Thrones)? Graham or Sumeragi or Billy or what? By this point in almost any other gundamverse, we had very VERY iconic characters. Kira, Athrun, Lacus, Zechs, Relena, Noin...

Graham and Ali are the iconic characters right now. Graham has a deathwish. Ali is clearly a mid-boss. Who do we root for, if these two get whacked by the end of the month?
Old 2008-03-06, 19:09   Link #416
ReverseFate
Chinese Federation

Quote:
These GN-Xs are FAR weaker than Freedom or Justice. They're literally the equivalent of the Strike Gundam, which, by the time that GMs and Murasames and the 3 druggies came around, was getting rather obsolescent. Despite these technical stats (aside from phase shift...but in the G00verse, all of the MSes are built with E-carbon armor (Whatever the hell that is)), the GMs and Murasames *still* ate it by the numbers.

Honestly, the fact that four Meisters can barely survive a small (and I do mean SMALL compared to other battles we've seen in other universes) is disturbing. Mizushima promised that he'd treat gundams as superweapons. So far, they've been disturbingly weak, winning only because they had some major elements of surprise on their side, and losing horribly (due to pilots, to the machine's credit) when outnumbered. Even from the outset of Wing, you had the gundams go through other MSes like a hot knife through butter when alone.

The gundams are disappointing, the main characters are disappointing, the Throne pilots are disappointing (as are their machines), and the *only* good parts of the show are the NORMAL characters. Sumeragi, Graham, and Ali. And since Ali is basically assured a horrid mid-boss death and Graham asking for it by not converting to GN-X, I really don't feel I have anyone to really root for.

Which leaves me wondering...who *are* we supposed to be rooting for? Worthless waste of screentime Saji? Gundam Meisters we still know relatively little about (and it seems there's little to know...)? The three druggies not on drugs (Thrones)? Graham or Sumeragi or Billy or what? By this point in almost any other gundamverse, we had very VERY iconic characters. Kira, Athrun, Lacus, Zechs, Relena, Noin...

Graham and Ali are the iconic characters right now. Graham has a deathwish. Ali is clearly a mid-boss. Who do we root for, if these two get whacked by the end of the month?
If everything is so disappointing to you, then STOP watching it....

For god sake, every post you makes are complaints about how disappointing everything is. Then you keep repeating on how much better you claim GS/GSD is compared to them. Its obvious that you are still living in your CE fantasy land and is not ready to move on to a new gundam series. Come back to Gundam 00 when you are ready to move on, or wait till they make more seed....

In the meantime, seriously, give it a rest....

Last edited by ReverseFate; 2008-03-06 at 19:35.
ReverseFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 19:29   Link #417
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:

Stop bringing your CE mindset into the 00 universe

Seriously, you're just igniting a flame war over and over again. If you seriously want to bring a comparison between SEED and 00, make a new thread, not on this thread.

Old 2008-03-06, 19:35   Link #418
Tangerine

Quote:
NORMAL characters.
.......Ali.
lol wut?
Normal??? Ali?
Tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 19:43   Link #419
tarachi
Observer

I'm rooting for Graham, but his character style is the one with a death wish (which I like anyway).

Still waiting for the GN-Powered Flag (hope it has different features as well).
tarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 20:06   Link #420
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Well Demongod86 does tend to get annoying on these points, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit the dude is consistent into a hole in the head...I'd bash the hell outta him if I thought he was just trying to troll, however I must admit the mofo has kept his stand on most of these issues for I guess over 4 years now...Where we see tangible realism he sees boredom...Where we see overboard, soulless, superficial $hit he smiles with glee ready to get his "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH, CHOP CHOP!!!"-on...It's like being a Demo arguing with a Republican over social issues with each person thinking how the f*ck can the other person be serious...The only thing I find sad is that his knowledge of Gundam is pretty much limited to Wing, and CE...So he really doesn't have much context for understanding how many NORMAL pilots kicked a$$ in the history of Gundam...NORMAL is his antichrist...

This is turning out to be the best G-series since Turn-A (Perhaps better for those who can't stand Turn-A's art unlike myself who loves it)...And the reason why is because it's much closer to NORMAL than the superfantasy F*ckfest we've been accustomed to for a little less than a decade...Discounting Turn-A, that number is up to about 15 years now...So I'll close in saying DG86 is alot of things, but I don't think he's a fraud, and that's an eye-opener...