AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 75 29.41%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 61 23.92%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 47 18.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 38 14.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 13 5.10%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 2.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 0.78%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.39%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 2.75%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-18, 09:13   Link #241
typhonsentra

Action/Romance, although the romance part obviously never goes anywhere. It's mostly "Kill the big bad monster of this story arc" up until the first 1/3 of Shana II.
Old 2008-07-18, 11:01   Link #242
Dbano

Well actually the first 1/2 of the story has minimum fighting. I think the major fighting erupted at ep. 13. It's actually a nice story.

Spoiler for ending:

Anyway it might be for the sake of the story.
Old 2008-07-24, 07:44   Link #243
ashe
くぽ!

i was expecting silver to put up a good fight, but was disappointed! they did rush the episode.
sabrac was the better nemesis who made it difficult for the protagonists. even metamorphosis is presented as if stronger than sabrac.
Old 2008-08-07, 00:56   Link #244
Lauren Revolt
Ride the Lightning

Also agreed that it was pretty rushed, I think an hour long special would have it better justice.

Spoiler for because im not really sure what should be shown:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashe View Post
i was expecting silver to put up a good fight, but was disappointed! they did rush the episode.
sabrac was the better nemesis who made it difficult for the protagonists. even metamorphosis is presented as if stronger than sabrac.
SYDONAY WILL ALWAYS BE STRONGER THAN SABRAC!! That's beacuse he's pure win incarnated as a guze no o ^_^

Last edited by Lauren Revolt; 2008-08-07 at 00:57. Reason: Sort of messed up the quote thing as first...x_x
Old 2008-08-07, 13:06   Link #245
AceD
See You En' Tee

average ending, how can people vote 10 ? it was another ending of nothingness...the romance side of the story...didnt progress at all...did it even progress at all in season 2 am left wondering...
Old 2008-08-22, 00:08   Link #246
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voracious Hollow View Post
average ending, how can people vote 10 ? it was another ending of nothingness...the romance side of the story...didnt progress at all...did it even progress at all in season 2 am left wondering...
Ditto. I like action, but I am more drawn to romance aspects of shows and I was a little annoyed to see no real progress. I was also annoyed at the way it ended. I like it when we see after-effects of things like that, reactions and such.

If they do a S3 and pull the same sorry "oh, I didn't hear you" crap I swear I'll scream.
Old 2008-08-27, 15:34   Link #247
xplicitz

It felt like they rushed it imo, and I was expecting a better fight from Silver. As for the romance, I've seen many posts saying that it didn't progress at all but at the end, it was safe to assume that Yuji actually made a decision (an obvious decision, no surprise there) no? Yuji grasping the 2 letters and started walking, Yoshida crying, Shana smiling/overjoyed at the end, I think the message was obvious. Well, there might be a season 3 since there's still a lot unexplained or not cleared, if there is, I just hope there's no "reset" on the romance part >_> that'd just be awfully annoying. Overall, it was average, 7-8/10
Old 2008-08-27, 15:40   Link #248
Serenity85
Horo-ism

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplicitz View Post
It felt like they rushed it imo, and I was expecting a better fight from Silver. As for the romance, I've seen many posts saying that it didn't progress at all but at the end, it was safe to assume that Yuji actually made a decision (an obvious decision, no surprise there) no? Yuji grasping the 2 letters and started walking, Yoshida crying, Shana smiling/overjoyed at the end, I think the message was obvious. Well, there might be a season 3 since there's still a lot unexplained or not cleared, if there is, I just hope there's no "reset" on the romance part >_> that'd just be awfully annoying. Overall, it was average, 7-8/10
Actually I don't see them doing a reset this time (the first confession was done as a way to end the series if it never got a 2nd season, since it did a "reset" was needed, as from the noval point of few, Yugi doesn't make a decision to noval 16, or so I've read (here on fourms) Also the decision is important in setting up the next big key event, but less you've seen spoilers you'll have to wait and hope for SnS3.
Old 2008-10-09, 04:05   Link #249
othera

It ended sorda how i thought.
Spoiler for Shakugan no shana:

I hope there is a season 3,

season 1 October 6, 2005 – March 23, 2006
season 2 October 5, 2007 – March 28, 2008

I HOPE that they make 3 as fast as they made 2, and have it around oct next year.

Thiss is my new fave anime, and the shakugan no shana-tan is FREAKIN FUNNY AS HELL (seriously, if you havnt seen it you HAVE to!)

Spoiler for Shakugan no shana:

Spoiler for Question about what happens at the verry end:

Last edited by othera; 2008-10-10 at 05:21.
Old 2008-10-10, 19:46   Link #250
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

I positively did not like that ending....... I know that Yuji was destined to end up with Shana but it was extremely f'ing painful to see that Kazumi was willing to give up her life to save Saito and yet she wasn't chosen and ended up crying.....that broke my heart.....

I thought they were ... somehow... going to merge Shana and Kazumi......... ..OR have her die in order to save Yuji after summoning that other hawt and strong chick I don't remember the name of ....

As Seretiny85 said... I hope that if there is a 3rd season they will not try to reset the love triangle between shana, kazumi and Yuji... that would be very painful... Kinda sucks cause they made her somewhat of an important character in this season and just having her disappear in the 3rd season doesn't feel right... at least for me....

I consider that the fight in ep 21 would have served as a much better ending... u know the fight with that king destroyer guy... that one was awesome

This second season was a lot like Zero no Tsukaima were Louise can't bring herself to tell Saito that she loves him.... kinda annoying if u ask me....in some parts I was thinking .. what are u doing Saito!!! LOL ...

The highlight of the series (at least for me) was Marjorie Daw .... gosh I love that chick ... I hope she kills Silver in the 3rd series....
Old 2008-10-11, 01:35   Link #251
othera

^ silver is already dead i think.
The "super hot chick" is pheles :P

And i think that the ending in season 1 was like AWSOME while this one was meh compared to it.

Also i know that many people have said there is <probably> going to be a season 3, but the love triangle ended(that was like the main thing in season 2 -.-) and all that stuff, do you think there really will be? Does it look like they could from the novels(without spoilers )
Old 2008-10-11, 04:12   Link #252
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by othera View Post
^ silver is already dead i think.
The "super hot chick" is pheles :P

And i think that the ending in season 1 was like AWSOME while this one was meh compared to it.

Also i know that many people have said there is <probably> going to be a season 3, but the love triangle ended(that was like the main thing in season 2 -.-) and all that stuff, do you think there really will be? Does it look like they could from the novels(without spoilers )
Well... there were many things left out in the open... I mean ... Hecate and her group are still out there and since that crazy destroyer guy from Ep 21 was not killed then... u know there is still room for more Shana ... I do hope so!

BTW that OP song (Kawada Mami - JOINT : 01 - JOINT) is dam awesome ... (where is my head nodding emoticon ?!!!! )
Old 2008-10-14, 03:28   Link #253
.juvixty
Avenger

Send a message via MSN to .juvixty
im sorry.. but the end wasn't that good
i gotta say.. they fight wasn't as good as sabrac's earlier one
i hoped for at least a 3-ep fight for an end, but it was only 2 =(

althought overall, shakugan no shana's appeal was very stong.. especially with JOINT xDD and ye..

=D overall it was good but the end was under my expectations =/
Old 2008-10-14, 11:50   Link #254
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

I think she won i enjoyed the episode and i enjoyed watching all of SnS including the movies and specials under 3 days lol.... i hear there is a S3 and it better not be like ZnT S2 or all hell will break loose...now its time for me to pick up on the novels... and find out what makes them so different...
Old 2008-10-18, 11:29   Link #255
kupalogz29

I enjoyed also watching the last episode of SNS ) but I am quite disappointed that shana did not say what she want to say ( until the last episodes huhuhu...
Old 2008-10-26, 22:40   Link #256
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

I read through (most of) this thread some time ago and just did a search in it for "footprints." I've been meaning to offer up my thoughts on that.

Since there's really no evidence that the footprints belong to any of the main cast, it occurred to me that the vanishing footprints may just simply be those of another torch disappearing. A symbolism that, in spite of things working out in the end, and the (apparent) happy ending for Shana, the world continues to go on as usual and they have a future of conflicts to overcome.

This makes me think of the line in the first Shana OP, "Hishoku no Sora:"

Once again, another light has fallen, it has quietly disappeared to somewhere
It’s the reality which doesn’t change day after day

I think it makes no sense for the footprints to be Yuuji's. He has Reiji Maigo restored, there's no reason for him to fade away. And the footprints clearly fade, they don't just suddenly stop as if someone leapt up and flew off.

The only other likelihood is Kazumi. But, just because she's left crying doesn't mean she would be desperate enough to use the hougu that Pheles left her and forfeit all of her power of existence. Pheles told her it was to be used to summon her if Yuuji/Johan was in trouble. I don't see Kazumi being so fragile and fatalistic as to waste it that way when she had the insight not to use it unwisely when Yuuji actually was in danger.

So... yeah.... the footprints are those of a stranger, another fading torch. A symbolism of the sad reality enveloping the mundane world.

Just a thought.
Old 2009-09-08, 11:02   Link #257
Kanzaki Urumi

so much for the hype for silver =-= i am disappointed, such a weak end for S2. I want to see Satou get a better role, for some reason I prefer watching him over Yuji.

Balle Masque's Metamorphosis + Hecate + the cyclops girl seem to be pretty darn strong by themselves, I am puzzled as to why they have to retreat everytime.
Old 2009-09-09, 04:45   Link #258
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I think many people thought that Shakugan no Shana had a bad ending because its too cliffhangery (for lack of good terms :P). But I think they're just playing safe since they can't really congest everything into a 24-episode series. For me, the last episode of Shana Second is a good one despite discovering that the source (the light novels) aren't finished yet.

As for the Silver, I don't think such a powerful being will not fall so easily like that. (And besides, even I, a normal human being, doesn't trust the experiments of the Seeking Researcher.) As for the Trinity, they needed to retreat yet again because their weapon of mass destruction [Hecate] is falling apart due to the effects of the Synchronization with Yuji.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2009-09-16, 17:31   Link #259
Akka

Three answers from the very first pages that sums up my opinion on this :
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX HBK View Post
Can't there be some anime original enemies in the third season because the Balle Masque is just FUCKIN' BORING! Balle Masque doing this... Balle Masque planning that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
Is seriously doubt that Shana actually won, when they make a season 3 they'll make up an excuse for Kazumi being slightly weepy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidestep View Post
Yuji actually choosing someone? Seems way too good to be true. =P
Yup.
Bal Masqué is boring, Yuiji is even more boring and passive, and the predictable "surprises" constantly resets any hint of evolution on the romantic sides.

I was yawning during this episode, and I don't have high hopes of anything actually going somewhere - unless J.C. Staff takes enough flak about their dreadful performance this season.
Old 2009-09-16, 18:00   Link #260
Dr. Casey

Yeah, Bal Masque is pretty boring overall. I've always thought Shakugan no Shana has tremendously dull villains, though... Hecate's the only one I actually care about in the slightest. It's all about the protagonists for this one. I have faith that this season's ending wasn't just a red herring, though, and that the final scenes won't be brushed aside or ignored come the third season.

Last edited by Dr. Casey; 2009-09-16 at 18:10. Reason: Misspelled Hecate.
Closed Thread