4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.45%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 2.27%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-11-17, 11:32   Link #361
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I’ll have my review up later today, but I just wanna ask…Is Ribbons gonna have the first powdered lime-green Mobile Suit in history next week?
Old 2008-11-17, 12:10   Link #362
NyxOne

That certainly isn't Ribbons in that suit- no way he'd reveal himself on the battlefield now. My bet's on Patrick. According to the OP, he is apparently in the A-LAWS, after all...though he was in a GN-XIII. If not him, my bets are on Bring Stabity or Hilling Care, but they're Innovators too- they'd rather stay in the shadows, I reckon.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 12:12   Link #363
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
And this Tieria turn into a girl gotta stop already.
I don't see why something that's actually be made out to be true should be stopped. Tieria dresses up like a woman --- don't want to believe it or something?
Old 2008-11-17, 12:15   Link #364
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
And this Tieria turn into a girl gotta stop already. Doesn't he have an adam's apple? Really now, it can't be that difficult to miss.
o.o Seems like you haven't seen real life traps. What Adam's apple? Mega traps and ambiguous gender beings have no visible Adam's apple.

I can show you a few real life examples if you want
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 12:31   Link #365
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Those are different though. They get an operation to do that or something. Tieria doesnt look the type to get an operation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I don't see why something that's actually be made out to be true should be stopped. Tieria dresses up like a woman --- don't want to believe it or something?
It's certainly not gonna help stop all the Tieria crossdressing fanart out there.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 12:40   Link #366
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Those are different though. They get an operation to do that or something. Tieria doesnt look the type to get an operation.
No lol, those I'm saying are manly dudes in school and then girly babes in conventions.

The Tieria cosplay trap discussion on Dannychoo: http://www.dannychoo.com/detail/mac/...it+a+trap.html

He's just a regular cosplayer, no 'operation' or whatever. It seems you really don't like traps, seeing your lack of info on traps
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 12:44   Link #367
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
So you want them to have Wufei JOB to Heero?
Job to him? Heero > the other pilots massively by virtue of the fact that he could have used the ZERO system and made Wufei look really bad. Instead, he decided to be all peacenik and have Zero pay the price with the damage.

In reality, he coulda gone all Freedom on Saviour on Wufei and just sliced up his Nataku.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 13:02   Link #368
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
It's certainly not gonna help stop all the Tieria crossdressing fanart out there.
& i don't see any reason why it should be stopped.
Old 2008-11-17, 13:06   Link #369
Kelrys
Same old same

Send a message via AIM to Kelrys Send a message via MSN to Kelrys
Now that Marie is with the CB, how will the rest of the A-laws squad respond to her disappearance? Did Sergei fake a KIA report?
Kelrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 13:12   Link #370
NyxOne

Well, saying that she's KIA is probably about the only thing anyone can do. No-one would believe her defecting to CB, complications aside.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 13:16   Link #371
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelrys View Post
Now that Marie is with the CB, how will the rest of the A-laws squad respond to her disappearance? Did Sergei fake a KIA report?
When Sergei shot into the air, he did say that Soma Peries has died an honorable death in battle, so that's probably what he told HQ.
Old 2008-11-17, 13:17   Link #372
kanon78
Confederate

I really enjoyed this episode considering last weeks "cliffhanger".
My thoughts after this episode:
I hope Setsuna will return the favor to Mr. Bushido for not finishing him off while he was pursuing Graham ready to slash him into pieces ...
(Finally) good news for Saji; he didn't become a "Shinn Asuka" (phew) and got the job fits him most while keeping his own beliefs (not wanting to kill someone); engeneering. I don't hope that the suits he's working on will eventually be the ones to kill Louise, no GSD-flashbacks plz...
Maybe the arrival of Soma/Marie should reconnect him to Louise and push Setsuna finally towards Marina. I do wonder what Ribbons/Livonze's plans are for Louise (thinking back at episode 1 when he could apparently see through her eyes).
Can't wait to see the innovators (really) in action and last but not least the return of Ali al Sarches...>>
Spoiler for Lockon2 vs. Ali al Sarches:
kanon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 15:44   Link #373
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galerian
What bugged me though was Graham's exit. I understand he doesn't want to kill Setsuna while 00 is down, but I think he is going a bit too far with his honour and stuff. Sure 00 was down for the count, but I thought this was because Setsuna over did it with Trans-am. He used his advantage too much and therefor had to deal with the inevitable disadvantage. Graham punishing Setsuna for failing to make the kill during the Trans-am period of the fight would be perfectly in line with honour as far as I can see. He could always stop short of killing Setsuna (if he must). At least take Gundam 00's head! That would have been fitting.

If it was the latter: There is no dishonour in killing a foe who is down because he blew up his engine after needing the extra output to defeat you. This is a legitimate kill, as you managed to stay alive (your own skill) during the time your opponent was in overdrive and even forced your opponent to do this in the first place (again: your own skill). In this case Graham (actually the writers) is really warping his sense of honour and is just being dumb. Disclaimer: IMO.

Just a bit to get off the chest before I do a review…Not to single you out and perhaps someone already answered this post, but it’s the last post I read and it really got my juices flowing on this subject…

Mr. Bushido IS his warped sense of honor (Sheeeeesh)…It isn’t writers skewing who he is supposed to be, it’s Graham himself…That’s why he’s gone to this extreme…To cut off the Gundam’s head and somehow present that as a badge of victory for the A-LAWS is going AGAINST the character…Graham doesn’t care about the A-LAWS or their tactics, so for him to be “honored” as a great A-LAW pilot who brought back this victory for the prestige of the A-LAWS is totally counterproductive to the character of Mr. Bushido ….If you just think Graham was just some cool Char-clone who went bat$hit I guess it would be hard, but if you have been following the totality of his character from the start, it’s not impossible to figure what his motivations are concerning his faux identity…Nor is it hard to understand why he would let Setsuna go…Mr. Bushido is the identity he has chosen to forsake himself and the current world to just live thru the fleeting passion of historic battle…Killing the Gundam in such an easy, incomplete manner betrays the whole reasoning for becoming the masked man…Jiminy Cricket, can I get a show of hands from anyone else who understands Mr. Bushido’s character? Unfortunately not many on the interweb seem to really understand the subtle character building all series that pretty much connects all these dots…This would be a really great debate for a Bushido character discussion thread if it existed…I’m just asking that people think about why Bushido does what he does and is who he is outside of the scope of just being Sunrise’s masked man…I know some are waiting for this big reveal scene where he spoonfeeds the audience his step by step reasoning (which I doubt will happen based on Mizushima’s style of storytelling which puts the owness on the audience), but one can clearly understand his motivations if they ignore the perceived “ridiculousness” of the character himself…

*Alright my review is up next I guess*
Old 2008-11-17, 16:22   Link #374
Galerian

@Wingdarkness

Dont worry about it: I live to be singled out

Anywho: I get it now
Galerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 17:49   Link #375
kiramuro

I am sorry Wingdarkness but Graham has turned into a big fat joke. The concept of a futuristic Samurai is like fish out of a water for this series. He should cut the honor bullshit out and start to act like a real soldier.
kiramuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 17:53   Link #376
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Preface: As always this forum sucks on the day-after release discussion rate...

Moving on...

One thing I do like about this show is that you can never figure out how an arc will end or how the pace will change (sometimes pretty rapidly)…I mean you may be able to figure out where something is going, but Gundam 00 will surprise you with how they unexpectedly “deal with” a subplot or plot dynamic that you thought would be bigger or longer…Keeps you on your toes and adds to the suspense of finding out what happens next…I thought this ep did a good job of unexpectedly accelerating the Perfectluyah storyline…I mean you watch the ep anticipating 1 more planted seed to an overall development and by the end you are given the full grown apple to bite on…Mizushima has done this plenty of times and it is definitely within his overall technique in this show of putting the character motivations over any type of plot hype…I just like the fact that the pace is so unpredictable at times and that’s a good thing…

So now Perfect Mary and her skitso medical table stalker are finely together…It was rather sweet to see Soma Pieres turn into the long lost sister of Marina Ismail (who sorta needs a second personality to deal with hearing AdizZzzzZZzstan is gone)…Perfect Mary’s charm is also the perfect amalgam of mothercon x siscon x unstable skitso fetish love (Cue the Sumeragi WTF-face thinking she was doing all that )…Al has found every naughty combo in one perfect lady…Perhaps his and hers lobotomies are in the future, but for now I guess a perfect kiss will do^^…I doubt Sergei predicted he’d be giving away his daughter to the backdrop of insect-infested forest life and mechanized malaria, but the Bearnov Smirnov is gonna save a lot on wedding costs now…I guess his son was right, because Smirnov let Pieres die fast and quick…I guess a more acceptable father would have kidnapped her and put her in a mind-wiping bubblebed making her forget the kind, insane person that used something to wrap her pretty head, but that’s cutting room floor GSD scripts there I guess…Way to put one more foot in that grave Sergei, you will be missed after you’re obviously missed ofcourse…

Seriously though I thought the shift in character was pretty unexpected and good for their dynamic…With this story arc outta the way we can now rule out the epic Gundam 00 Final Plus ep where Al vs. Soma ends tragically…Or can we? Soma might come out to play again and it will be interesting to see what dynamic she will add to the ship and the fighting (We all know she’s gonna fight again despite Al’s claims—So I’m hoping she brought her suit with her…Every ship needs a Rick Diaz type to go with the behemoth G-suits^0^) … Me smells a Sergei’s son mind-wiping bubblebed alert!!

Overall the bit in the end with all the Pieres flashbacks seemed a bit too much and overkill, but the kiss in the end established a real romantic element to the show I know many will be pissed about and many couldn’t wait for..I expect full frontal nudity from the Soran x Marina ship if even the siscon kiss got screentime (Again cue Sumeragi trashing her Al-Hal doujinshi’s)…

As for Katie, without 1(Soma) and perhaps 2 (The Soviet Teddy) A-LAW skeptics to help her with the tab-keeping, things are gonna get really Talia-ish for her…I also think its apparent now that Louis’ quick development with Soma which hinted at a student-pupil relationship was really a way to up her paygrade…I expect her to take a bigger MS role with the A-LAW side now that Perfect Mary is out emotionally hand-grasping different-colored eyed psycos…

Additionally, the action again early in this ep was excellent (Mr. Bishido telling that dude “I’m not listening to you…” was even more excellent )…Although the fights are relatively short, they do present promise since it gives you an indication of how incredible the later fights will be…The metallic rubix-cubed colored 00 TRANS AM verses Bishidono’s AHEAD was breathtaking…The beam blasts soundtracked to crisp waves instantly morphing into steamed gas was baaaaaaaada$$...With the scenery this time being the ocean surface I can only imagine the animation when they move the terrain to rain or snowy plains…Visually, it’s just encompassing at times and the small skirmish between titans will only serve to enhance the next fight…

So pretty good ep and I’ll give it an 8 outta 10…The only 2 subtractions were the Pieres overkill flashbacks near the end, and I’m also becoming increasingly concerned with Setsuna’s lack of thought on his near pwnage...It always bothers me when the passion is only coming from one side (In GSD I was infuriated by the fact that Kira never acknowledged the fighter he was having probs against)…I was a bit disappointed that Setsuna didn’t even give a minute of thought on why Bushido would let him go (never mind the shame or humiliation that might have brought getting 00 pwned after he was clearly told not to use Trans Am—Hell the Gn Drives could have been confiscated and all that if Bushido actually gave a damn)….He indeed exhibits great passion during battle but outside of battle he needs to think about his most pressing opponent (Saaachez will have to wait)...Nearly gave the ep a 7 based on this, but Perfect Mary’s skitsofrentic lips, did the trick [=…
Old 2008-11-17, 17:54   Link #377
Aquaman OS

There's no point in him acting like a real soldier seeing as the things he followed no longer exist. He doesn't care at all about Alaws or the UN. His friends with the Flag fighters and the Union no longer exist. I'm sure if he had a cause again he might change but as of now all he lives for is to fight the Gundam's again. If he just killed Setsuna there then he might as well self destruct as he would then totally have no reason to live.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 17:59   Link #378
kiramuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
There's no point in him acting like a real soldier seeing as the things he followed no longer exist. He doesn't care at all about Alaws or the UN. His friends with the Flag fighters and the Union no longer exist. I'm sure if he had a cause again he might change but as of now all he lives for is to fight the Gundam's again.
If he doesn't want to be a real soldier then the brass should either suspend him or court martial him.

Quote:
If he just killed Setsuna there then he might as well self destruct as he would then totally have no reason to live.
Great idea! Now if only you are on the writing staff.
Old 2008-11-17, 18:00   Link #379
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiramuro View Post
I am sorry Wingdarkness but Graham has turned into a big fat joke. The concept of a futuristic Samurai is like fish out of a water for this series. He should cut the honor bullshit out and start to act like a real soldier.
I'm sorry...I reject your reasoning....I honestly understand the connection to why Graham turned into Mr. Bushido...I can't help it if only a handful can process it...If this post means nothing to you then nothing else I say will either...If my analysis here is just some big joke B$, then I'll be on my way...
Old 2008-11-17, 18:06   Link #380
kiramuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I'm sorry...I reject your reasoning....I honestly understand the connection to why Graham turned into Mr. Bushido...I can't help it if only a handful can process it...If this post means nothing to you then nothing else I say will either...If my analysis here is just some big joke B$, then I'll be on my way...
I didn't reject your analysis. Graham's mental state may well became exactly like it is now due to what happened at the end of the first season but I have rejected the notion that he would still be serving or even allowed to serve in a military unit. His most recent actions certainly deserve a severe reprimand and suspension if not alright expulsion.