Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-06-15, 02:57   Link #401
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauthi
Hes really easy once you get used to killing him. One of my friends plays him, and its as easy as dashing and or jumping to get to him. Its easy to catch him off guard cuz hes wide open if he accidentally uses his puppet to attack.

When i first started playing the game he was difficult to fight, but hes easy as long as you charge and dont let up on him.

As for zabuza, hes really strong, but REALLY slow, very easy to kill ^^
I wish I could somehow stream video from my TV to my comp and show you how we play, but I don't have the equipment. And Zabuza isn't as slow as everyone previse him to be. Usually when I do f+A,A the first time it hit either hits or they block it, then the when I do f+A for the 3rd time I'm actually hoping it misses, because even if they get to me, I can get two u+As for free damage, and even if they're in my face, I'll just do the jumping A which calls back the puppet and stabs their back with a 3 kunais, or if I can't f+A, if I got enough space, I'll just u+B and Kankurou will hop behind the other person, then I'll just hit A (I know I will get hit also) and the poison powder attack will stun my opponent and I'll just B,A,B,A,A,A their ass, heh. Kankurou is a really good strategic character, and fun.

As for Zabuza... his jumping A can connect to all his combos, and that's enough. Plus he has other cheap shit (I think his super has a cone range hitbox).
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 03:22   Link #402
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

yeah... zabuza is a pretty serious character... as JubeiYamazaki has mentioned.... jump+a is deadly... not only does it connect all his combos but his super as well.... his super animation is quick too... you can get nailed easily by that if you're staggered or caught off guard just cuz it's quick...

and kankuro is the character I use the most in this game... i'm not gonna get all technical here... my best strat post was at gamefaqs but that thread got purged... basically, it's all about positioning and sidestepping to get kurasu behind your opponent somehow... there are lots of options from there (jubei mentioned some in his post)... and also... wherever kankuro is facing, that is always forward... with that in mind... you can trick your opponent with your back turned to them and still nail them with f+a... or even run away from them and press a and kurasu will attack the opponent the same way as if you were running towards them... and after a replacement hit... usually the opponent will float... you can squeeze in d+a... you can repeatedly press a but don't finish the combo (meaning don't do the last slam down hit)... just keep em up for a while with d+a,a,aa... you'll replenish your chakra quick even after just replacing.... kankuro is top tier imo....
Old 2004-06-15, 12:03   Link #403
Demon_Kid
Japanese Wannabe

Send a message via MSN to Demon_Kid
Just a quick question

I don't think I saw anyone mention this befor, but, can you use the freeloader thats built into the GC action replay? Just need to get this out of the way (so I can order the seperate freeloader if I need to). Thanks
Demon_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 16:13   Link #404
PathofNightshade
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Send a message via AIM to PathofNightshade
A question to all the Japanese-disabled gamers out there. Is this game hard to play due to the language barrier? I'm considering buying it, but I'm not going to spend $80 on a game in which I can't learn a single combo. Is there a good translation guide out there.
PathofNightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 16:16   Link #405
Demon_Kid
Japanese Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PathofNightshade
A question to all the Japanese-disabled gamers out there. Is this game hard to play due to the language barrier? I'm considering buying it, but I'm not going to spend $80 on a game in which I can't learn a single combo. Is there a good translation guide out there.
Check gamefaqs. They have a move list guide, along with a translation guide.
Old 2004-06-15, 16:22   Link #406
Gaara_
ぬけ人

Send a message via AIM to Gaara_
the combos in this game are directions and sequences of a or b, that's about all. I think a little more depth there could have been nice.
Gaara_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 16:31   Link #407
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Yeah you try to make it more in depth with a gamecube controller.... Its a damn good fighting game for the gamecube.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 16:57   Link #408
Demon_Kid
Japanese Wannabe

*points to my first post on this page* Can anyone answer my question? I really need to know. (If you all are too lazy to check back up top ( ), i'll ask it again).

Quote:
I don't think I saw anyone mention this befor, but, can you use the freeloader thats built into the GC action replay? Just need to get this out of the way (so I can order the seperate freeloader if I need to). Thanks
Old 2004-06-15, 17:53   Link #409
ziphra
Seed Whore Galore!?!

Send a message via AIM to ziphra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Kid
*points to my first post on this page* Can anyone answer my question? I really need to know. (If you all are too lazy to check back up top ( ), i'll ask it again).
yes, the Freeloader on Action Replay can be used to play Naruto. The current Freeloader is 1.06b, but I believe in other forums [gamefaqs.com i think] people have used older Freeloaders and it still works.
ziphra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 18:13   Link #410
Demon_Kid
Japanese Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziphra
yes, the Freeloader on Action Replay can be used to play Naruto. The current Freeloader is 1.06b, but I believe in other forums [gamefaqs.com i think] people have used older Freeloaders and it still works.
Thanks a ton. I was about to get a bit iffy for a second there. I can't wait to play this game on thursday. I've seen the clips, and heard very good things about it, so there's no question that I'll like this game. Again, thanks a ton .
Old 2004-06-15, 18:56   Link #411
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Well if you want to test something cool with Chidori here's a tip. Let your friend choose Orochimaro and you use Sharingan Sasuke. Let your friend use Oro's fire breath and you use Chidori at the same time. (The Chidori will break though the fire till it hits him) Sweet
Old 2004-06-15, 19:29   Link #412
ziphra
Seed Whore Galore!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Kid
Thanks a ton. I was about to get a bit iffy for a second there. I can't wait to play this game on thursday. I've seen the clips, and heard very good things about it, so there's no question that I'll like this game. Again, thanks a ton .
no problem homie! man thursday? I wonder if mine will come in on Thurs. too. *sigh* I hope this game is just as fun as the waiting game! Just Messing!
Old 2004-06-15, 19:52   Link #413
Explosion of Youth

Zabuza is the man, Charge A for three times when you are facing a character with no long range moves. If the character charges at you release A, it does as much damage as his special, plus if you combo with it aswell it K.O.s the character. Hard to pull off though...
Explosion of Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 06:35   Link #414
NL|MegaMika

Quote:
Originally Posted by PathofNightshade
but I'm not going to spend $80 on a game in which I can't learn a single combo. Is there a good translation guide out there.
1) $80?? You can get it for ~60-65 excluding FreeLoader.

2) All combo's are mentiones in the manual, with colored buttons. No need to learn Japanese, just press the buttons on each character's page.

3) For translation manual follow the link in my sig. You're welcome.
NL|MegaMika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 11:30   Link #415
ziphra
Seed Whore Galore!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NL|MegaMika
1) $80?? You can get it for ~60-65 excluding FreeLoader.

2) All combo's are mentiones in the manual, with colored buttons. No need to learn Japanese, just press the buttons on each character's page.

3) For translation manual follow the link in my sig. You're welcome.
but he probably needs a Freeloader too, and was looking at the Freeloader package with Naruto 2 in it. So it is about $80+shipping whater it costs. And Gamefaq's has great FAQ's on each character's movelist ALONG with chained combo's, even into the Specials and also an FAQ on translating the Menu's and such there as well, as Demon Kid noted. So no need to be Japanese to enjoy Naruto! *still waits patiently for parcel*

EDIT: oh i forgot i was gonna ask a question. For those who had it and spent the ungodly amount of time getting Sharingan Sasuke, for the Chidori, if you just push X, its just like Kakashi's right? but if you hold it, is it still like Kakashi's? Or is it...*gasp*auto-hit??? I heard it zooms into Sasuke's face, but that must mean after you hit the person right?
Old 2004-06-16, 13:22   Link #416
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziphra
but he probably needs a Freeloader too, and was looking at the Freeloader package with Naruto 2 in it. So it is about $80+shipping whater it costs. And Gamefaq's has great FAQ's on each character's movelist ALONG with chained combo's, even into the Specials and also an FAQ on translating the Menu's and such there as well, as Demon Kid noted. So no need to be Japanese to enjoy Naruto! *still waits patiently for parcel*

EDIT: oh i forgot i was gonna ask a question. For those who had it and spent the ungodly amount of time getting Sharingan Sasuke, for the Chidori, if you just push X, its just like Kakashi's right? but if you hold it, is it still like Kakashi's? Or is it...*gasp*auto-hit??? I heard it zooms into Sasuke's face, but that must mean after you hit the person right?
No its just like Kakashi except it has a different scene then his. If you hold it down all the way it even has a different scene, which looks pretty cool ^^ He has a jump X too that is handy in multiplayer =p
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-17, 00:17   Link #417
ziphra
Seed Whore Galore!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauthi
No its just like Kakashi except it has a different scene then his. If you hold it down all the way it even has a different scene, which looks pretty cool ^^ He has a jump X too that is handy in multiplayer =p
ooo thanks. i knew about the Katon Move in the air, but I was confused by some descriptions of S. Sasuke's Chidori. *still waiting patiently*
Old 2004-06-17, 06:05   Link #418
phillip

thankyou for showing those great clips off the game. Sadly i don't have a gamecube nor is naruto available in australia
i hope there will be a pc release
phillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-17, 15:00   Link #419
Demon_Kid
Japanese Wannabe

Just got the game a few hours ago, and I can't put it down (had to pry my hands from the controler with my feet ). Its a very fast pased, deep, fighting game, that stays pretty much identical to the anime (as best a video game can I suppose). Lots of characters, maps, modes, and options to keep you busy for a while. All in all, I love this game. Must buy for any Naruto fan, or if your just a fighter fan. (wow, look at the plug, .

Anyway, I'm hooked. I'm going to be playing this game for quite some time now. If you want to buy it, I personally suggest Estarland. I ordered it on the 11th, and got it today (17th), so they are pretty fast. If you wnat a link, this would be it: http://www.estarland.com/index.asp?page=DefaultPage

Well, back to playing. Later all .
Old 2004-06-17, 18:01   Link #420
aroon
[]D [] []v[] []D

Send a message via AIM to aroon
i bought the game when it first came out and i was pretty dissapointed

*ducks*

seriously though, its a pretty generic fighter. if you're a big fan of naruto then the game is pretty cool but otherwise you might as well save your money and go buy mortal combat or something.

i consider myself a pretty big naruto fan and for me the game was enjoyable for about a month. then it got really boring. in retrospect, i dont think it was worth my 80 bux [game + freeloader].

btw, there are lots of good translations out there. i have a couple on my webserver which is down at the moment. when it comes back up ill try to remember to post them. but chances are i will forget. if you REALLY want them you're better off PMing me in a week.
aroon is offline   Reply With Quote