Notices

Old 2004-06-19, 07:13   Link #421
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroon
i bought the game when it first came out and i was pretty dissapointed

*ducks*

seriously though, its a pretty generic fighter. if you're a big fan of naruto then the game is pretty cool but otherwise you might as well save your money and go buy mortal combat or something.

i consider myself a pretty big naruto fan and for me the game was enjoyable for about a month. then it got really boring. in retrospect, i dont think it was worth my 80 bux [game + freeloader].

btw, there are lots of good translations out there. i have a couple on my webserver which is down at the moment. when it comes back up ill try to remember to post them. but chances are i will forget. if you REALLY want them you're better off PMing me in a week.

No way man the characters, replay value, multiplayer mode, and gameplay are really good. Oh and its called Mortal Kombat not Mortal Combat.
Old 2004-06-19, 08:42   Link #422
.Rurouni.
Anime addict

Send a message via ICQ to .Rurouni. Send a message via MSN to .Rurouni.
I'm at a LAN party with around 4000-4500 people called Dreamhack now and they have their own anime corner and with Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 2 showing and you can even play it if you want too
.Rurouni. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 13:38   Link #423
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroon
i bought the game when it first came out and i was pretty dissapointed

*ducks*

seriously though, its a pretty generic fighter. if you're a big fan of naruto then the game is pretty cool but otherwise you might as well save your money and go buy mortal combat or something.

i consider myself a pretty big naruto fan and for me the game was enjoyable for about a month. then it got really boring. in retrospect, i dont think it was worth my 80 bux [game + freeloader].

btw, there are lots of good translations out there. i have a couple on my webserver which is down at the moment. when it comes back up ill try to remember to post them. but chances are i will forget. if you REALLY want them you're better off PMing me in a week.
Ild like to know a better fighting game youve played for the gamecube honestly. It wasnt built for fighting games, the controller is just too clumsy.

For what they worked with its a really good fighting game, each character has a lot of combos for just A and B, and they are all faster/slower combos, used for different situations when you are fighting.

Really you have to think on your toes, you can counter almost any move thrown at you if you think about how to do so. It really addicts me in that aspect, especially when my friends come over cuz then it gets challenging, fighting a lvl 4 computer is just annoying >.<.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 18:24   Link #424
ziphra
Seed Whore Galore!?!

Send a message via AIM to ziphra
wee! [translation: officially has the game, and is working on getting all the characters right now. damn shadow fighting where are you! ^_^]

EDIT: accidently pushed reply instead of post reply

Last edited by ziphra; 2004-06-19 at 20:11.
ziphra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 18:28   Link #425
Demon_Kid
Japanese Wannabe

Send a message via MSN to Demon_Kid
hehe, glad to see you got the game too. I'm already ahead of you by the sound of things (Just unlocked all the characters today). If you want any help with anything, just PM me, and I'll try my best to answer it. Now, if you excuse me, I'm off to play some more .
Demon_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 09:14   Link #426
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
None of A Lamer's uploaded clips works for me, please fix it
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 11:22   Link #427
ziphra
Seed Whore Galore!?!

A Lamer took out the vids from his site because they were taking up bandwidth. Read the posts! ^_^

hmm...so far this game is highly addicting to me! I got every character over the weekend, and I'm working on finishing up Anko's Shop and what not. I thought I wouldn't like Sharingan Sasuke at first, but now he's almost my main. If not him, then either Neji, Shikamaru, Rock Lee, or Sasuke. I'm working on choosing one. Playing my brother is fun, but he's like a prodigy so its not much but still a blast. Multi-player is mayhem! And I think the greatest things about the game are when you're Rock Lee and you fight against a Gaara opponent, when you do the Omote Renge he has to add the kicks in to get him high enough, and Shikamaru's concentration stance! Awesome details, pretty true to the anime. Now off to finish up mastering Shikamaru. [Huzzah for Lvl.4 Computers]

EDIT: and my favorite thing to do is to bust out Neji's 71 hit combo on people. Good times.
Old 2004-06-22, 14:02   Link #428
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziphra
EDIT: and my favorite thing to do is to bust out Neji's 71 hit combo on people. Good times.
my favorite thing to do with neji is getting my opponent near the wall. I have pulled of a 20+ hit combo twice, immediatly going into 64 palms each time as well

Current game status: Oro unlocked, half way to sasuke
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 16:20   Link #429
Demon_Kid
Japanese Wannabe

Tip: Good and half-way easy way to get money.

Go to Shadow Fight mode, and Pick Akamaru (yes, Akamaru). Since Akamaru is so short, almost anything the shadows do, can be dodged with ease. It's also easier to grab the money that drops. I have used him multiple times, and also got a pretty high score with him (272 kills). Got over 15000 coins too. Hope this comes in handy to the people who need alot of money (like for Orochimaru or S Sasuke).
Old 2004-06-22, 16:22   Link #430
PerniciousJuJu
Yummy kakashi thighs...

Send a message via AIM to PerniciousJuJu Send a message via MSN to PerniciousJuJu
when is it gonna come out in the US DAMNIT~!!!!
PerniciousJuJu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 16:29   Link #431
Demon_Kid
Japanese Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerniciousJuJu
when is it gonna come out in the US DAMNIT~!!!!
It probobly isn't going to come out in the states... period. Odds are, IF Naruto is brought to the states (which I personally hope DOESN't happen), they will make a whole new bunch of games.

I'd rather import N:GNT3 (whenever it is made) then buy a US game, because I know that the US will butcher it to the point of crapness.

Your best bet is to just import the game.
Old 2004-06-22, 16:42   Link #432
PerniciousJuJu
Yummy kakashi thighs...

Send a message via AIM to PerniciousJuJu Send a message via MSN to PerniciousJuJu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Kid
It probobly isn't going to come out in the states... period. Odds are, IF Naruto is brought to the states (which I personally hope DOESN't happen), they will make a whole new bunch of games.

I'd rather import N:GNT3 (whenever it is made) then buy a US game, because I know that the US will butcher it to the point of crapness.

Your best bet is to just import the game.
yes, but when u import the game, isn't it in japanese and you can't really play it when you can't read japanese, ne?
PerniciousJuJu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 17:01   Link #433
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

You don't really need to know how to read japanese when you are playing fighting games... once you remember which menu button does what... it's so easy... plus there are translation faqs on gamefaqs... I can see the need for English text when playing role-playing games... but you don't really need English text in fighting games...

the current Naruto games will most likely never see an official U.S. release... since currently, Naruto is not licensed... so there wouldn't be any reason to release products in the States about a show that's not even aired on North American television yet...
Old 2004-06-22, 17:04   Link #434
A Lamer
あほぉ&

There will ALWAYS be someone who import and translate these games. (eg. game faqs)

As for shadow mode and akamaru, I've done that since I first unlocked it. I've gotten 348 kills and 26k
Old 2004-06-22, 17:06   Link #435
Demon_Kid
Japanese Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerniciousJuJu
yes, but when u import the game, isn't it in japanese and you can't really play it when you can't read japanese, ne?
Funny, I read the guide on game faqs, and after five minutes, I could figure out where everything was. Its simple, just gotta remember where things are.
Old 2004-06-22, 17:59   Link #436
P!ranha
Oyabun

Send a message via ICQ to P!ranha Send a message via MSN to P!ranha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Kid
Funny, I read the guide on game faqs, and after five minutes, I could figure out where everything was. Its simple, just gotta remember where things are.
And even without faqs or anything. Hust by try out, what every button does it's easy. And to start the fight just press the start-button on your controler (I don't know if that is true), but I can't imagine that it is too difficult to figure out.
P!ranha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 19:42   Link #437
Juice
Delete this account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziphra
yes, the Freeloader on Action Replay can be used to play Naruto. The current Freeloader is 1.06b, but I believe in other forums [gamefaqs.com i think] people have used older Freeloaders and it still works.
Actually the current Freeloader is 1.06B Yes with a capital B. 1.06b with a lowercase B is the older version
Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 22:00   Link #438
ziphra
Seed Whore Galore!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice
Actually the current Freeloader is 1.06B Yes with a capital B. 1.06b with a lowercase B is the older version
LOL oops thats right, my bad.
Old 2004-06-22, 22:22   Link #439
fenikkusu

Send a message via AIM to fenikkusu
i've had naruto 2 for a long time now ..when it 1st came out... and i understand what they mean when people say that the game play gets boring after u unlocked every1 , it does when yur buy yur self...but this game is actually become the most fun fighting game i have ever played when i play with my friends , we have all become soo amazing at this game, and its just the timing and the stratigy that becomes so fun. and always trying to become a lil better then sum1 else. we spent 1 day fighting on this game with each other for 9 hours, how ridiculous is that ?

but the 1 thing i am wondering is if any1 has heard anything on naruto gnt3 at all ?
fenikkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 22:31   Link #440
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikkusu
but the 1 thing i am wondering is if any1 has heard anything on naruto gnt3 at all ?
We probably wont hear anything until the start of the next arc (anime, and probably manga too, if it stops showing flash backs) I'm thinking. Since the story mode seems to go a bit past the current arc at the time, it should offer quite a few new intriguing characters, and a few new supers (naruto will most likely get rasengan as a super, since he hasnt used the combo since)

Heres hoping