Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-06-22, 23:18   Link #441
ziphra
Seed Whore Galore!?!

Send a message via AIM to ziphra
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Lamer
We probably wont hear anything until the start of the next arc (anime, and probably manga too, if it stops showing flash backs) I'm thinking. Since the story mode seems to go a bit past the current arc at the time, it should offer quite a few new intriguing characters, and a few new supers (naruto will most likely get rasengan as a super, since he hasnt used the combo since)

Heres hoping
lol, the Naruto Rendan! oh man...good times. But personally, I'd like to see and updated Lion Rendan...^_^ Chidori Enhanced of course. muheehee...
ziphra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 23:27   Link #442
ElBoboRey

Send a message via AIM to ElBoboRey
the third one better be WAY better than this one. i've had this since it came out, and it's kinda fun, but i stopped playing a LONG time ago as there is not much to this game. there need to be a better variety of moves for each character, two attacks buttons are not enough. all the characters even have the same lame looking throw. there need to be WAY more characters included. there weren't enough characters in this game. a lot of good characters were missing such as dosu, kin, zaku, temari, kabuto, kabuto's teammates, tenten, chouji (being Ino's special does not count). also, a lot of the unlockable characters were complete rip offs because they were just like some other character except SLIGHTLY differnt: for example Naruto/Kyuubi Naruto, Sasuke/Sharingan Sasuke, Kakashi/Sharingan Kakashi. Akamaru and Karasu by themselves was stupid. Gai having the EXACT same move set as Lee was retarded. Mizuki being a copy of Iruka was dumb.

They just need to put a lot more into the next one. really overhaul it and diversify it.
ElBoboRey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 00:01   Link #443
fenikkusu

Send a message via AIM to fenikkusu
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBoboRey
the third one better be WAY better than this one. i've had this since it came out, and it's kinda fun, but i stopped playing a LONG time ago as there is not much to this game. there need to be a better variety of moves for each character, two attacks buttons are not enough. all the characters even have the same lame looking throw. there need to be WAY more characters included. there weren't enough characters in this game. a lot of good characters were missing such as dosu, kin, zaku, temari, kabuto, kabuto's teammates, tenten, chouji (being Ino's special does not count). also, a lot of the unlockable characters were complete rip offs because they were just like some other character except SLIGHTLY differnt: for example Naruto/Kyuubi Naruto, Sasuke/Sharingan Sasuke, Kakashi/Sharingan Kakashi. Akamaru and Karasu by themselves was stupid. Gai having the EXACT same move set as Lee was retarded. Mizuki being a copy of Iruka was dumb.

They just need to put a lot more into the next one. really overhaul it and diversify it.
naruto and kyuubi naruto where very different .. kakashi and sharingan kakashi where a lil different but sasuke and sharingan sasuke where completely and i mean completely different.. sharingan sasuke is the best player in the game and the cheapest by far ... we wont let any1 use him that plays becuase he is so cheap, but with the 2 attack buttons... there is a very very big variaty actually of attacks in this game if u know how to work it.

i was thinkin with game 3 that well.. haku and zabuza should be out now becuase they have been dead for a while, but kisami can take zabuza's spot and they can give him a few different moves and change the special to the dragon attack, naruto will most likely have rasengan and it will have to be timed like lightning edge. itachi can be in this game, with the hypnotic eye torcher for a special, jariaa could be in the game along with tsunada as well. i dont thikn they r to powerful since orochimaru was in the 2nd, i duno what there specials could be though, maybe the frog stumach for jariaya. but for tsunada i'm not sure, they could throw in a comidical special for her like they did with gui. i duno .. she hugs u into her huge bussom. what is any1 else's ideas or thoughts or hopes for the 3rd game???
fenikkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 00:06   Link #444
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikkusu
sharingan sasuke is the best player in the game and the cheapest by far ... we wont let any1 use him that plays becuase he is so cheap
no... S.Sasuke is basically the same as the original one... the only differences are his teleport, his combos end in Rock Lee's combos, the running teleport like K.Naruto, and the air super... all his combos start the same way as the original Sasuke... and he is not a difficult character to beat once you realize that you can sidestep u+a easily...
Old 2004-06-23, 00:19   Link #445
fenikkusu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics
no... S.Sasuke is basically the same as the original one... the only differences are his teleport, his combos end in Rock Lee's combos, the running teleport like K.Naruto, and the air super... all his combos start the same way as the original Sasuke... and he is not a difficult character to beat once you realize that you can sidestep u+a easily...
then u dont know sharingan sasuke's true abilities if u just sidestep him ... he is way to cheap .. u side step u get hit .. no matter what ... if u attack u get hit no matter what , i mean .. we play the game almost every day for the past 5 months , for a few hours atlest .. we r freaks... his combo's r pretty much the same.. there are a few differences like the rock lee kick and a different air kick. but no matter what with sharingan sasuke ... u can get hit, u just have to learn him perfectly
Old 2004-06-23, 01:44   Link #446
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
i duno what there specials could be though, maybe the frog stumach for jariaya. but for tsunada i'm not sure, they could throw in a comidical special for her like they did with gui. i duno .. she hugs u into her huge bussom. what is any1 else's ideas or thoughts or hopes for the 3rd game???
Jiraiya = summon a decent sized frog and have it toss you into the ground with its tounge (ebisu style)
Tsunade = Hammer punch that shatters your skull across the ring :P Or maybe her medical abilities *will not post what they are since its a spoiler*
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 11:17   Link #447
FreakyEyes

There's actually pretty little difference between ordinary and Sharingan no Sasuke... Sharingan Sasuke's just waaayy cheaper because of his up+a and maybe chidori. Well maybe it is because I don't play much against human players and at least level 3 computer players (I am still such a loser that I can't win level 4 computer players, but level 3 is however too easy for me :S There's too much difference between these two levels) are very stupid against chidori, when I start it they stop and stand still like an idiot and let me charge my chidori and hit them. Funny.
Is there something Rock Leeish in Sharingan Sasuke's combos that isn't in ordinary Sasuke's combos? I haven't noticed.
FreakyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 11:55   Link #448
KingofWac

I've never seen this game before and really want to play it. Where did you guys buy it from? and do you need some sort of mod chip? Any information would be appreciated =)
KingofWac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 12:35   Link #449
Demon_Kid
Japanese Wannabe

Send a message via MSN to Demon_Kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofWac
I've never seen this game before and really want to play it. Where did you guys buy it from? and do you need some sort of mod chip? Any information would be appreciated =)
I bout it from estarland, and it cost 65 bucks (without the freeloader).

To play it, you'll need either a Freeloader disc, or an Action Replay that has the freeloader built in.
Demon_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 12:40   Link #450
fenikkusu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyEyes
There's actually pretty little difference between ordinary and Sharingan no Sasuke... Sharingan Sasuke's just waaayy cheaper because of his up+a and maybe chidori. Well maybe it is because I don't play much against human players and at least level 3 computer players (I am still such a loser that I can't win level 4 computer players, but level 3 is however too easy for me :S There's too much difference between these two levels) are very stupid against chidori, when I start it they stop and stand still like an idiot and let me charge my chidori and hit them. Funny.
Is there something Rock Leeish in Sharingan Sasuke's combos that isn't in ordinary Sasuke's combos? I haven't noticed.
there is a lil rock lee in his combo's , like his normal attack combo , when sharingan sasuke nocks you up in the air, he does the rock lee kick, its the kick that he used with his old special , the lion combo. and also the reverse , he does the rock lee stance. there is a few other differences but i dont rmemeber
Old 2004-06-24, 10:27   Link #451
KingofWac

I just ordered my copy of Naruto 2 and the Freeloader. What really interests me is that this game is 4 player, but I haven't seen anyone comment on it. Can anyone who has played the game tell me about the 4 player mod? Sounds like a ton of fun.
KingofWac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 10:36   Link #452
Don Roberto
President of Euroslavia

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofWac
I just ordered my copy of Naruto 2 and the Freeloader. What really interests me is that this game is 4 player, but I haven't seen anyone comment on it. Can anyone who has played the game tell me about the 4 player mod? Sounds like a ton of fun.
Hmm... the four player is pretty good however I tend to think levels with alt of room are best. Be warned though, friends may unwittingly pick very crippling handicaps *cough* seal B button/Infinite Chakra *cough* You should find It fun.
Don Roberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 15:10   Link #453
FreakyEyes

I don't like 4 player mode... Because I'm not good at it I'm very bad at, um "dividing my concentration" or something, I have problems handling many enemies at the same time. And yeah that 4-player mode is a little bit clumsy, because controls work in Gekitou Ninja Taisen like usually in 3D-fighting games, so you much choose by z-button which enemy you will attack. In Super Smash Brothers Melee 4-player mode works a lot better, of course, because controls are more suited for fighting against many enemies, like in games like... Super Mario. What was that genre called in english?
Old 2004-06-25, 07:24   Link #454
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyEyes
I don't like 4 player mode... Because I'm not good at it I'm very bad at, um "dividing my concentration" or something, I have problems handling many enemies at the same time. And yeah that 4-player mode is a little bit clumsy, because controls work in Gekitou Ninja Taisen like usually in 3D-fighting games, so you much choose by z-button which enemy you will attack. In Super Smash Brothers Melee 4-player mode works a lot better, of course, because controls are more suited for fighting against many enemies, like in games like... Super Mario. What was that genre called in english?
Ya the 4 players mode is really hectic. But if they're all skilled players then you'll enjoy some great matches, specially 2 v.s 2. I play with Sharingan Sasuke (or Kiba) and my partner plays with Zabuza (or Sakura) V.S our other 2 fiends Lee (or Shikamaru) and Naruto (or Neji). Yes everyone of us has 2 characters
We dominated the matches tho
Old 2004-06-25, 09:28   Link #455
ziphra
Seed Whore Galore!?!

meh, This game is pretty fun in 4-player mode, though I've only had a few chances to try it out since my friends always wanna play Texas Hold 'Em when they come over. Otherwise...

Well S. Sasuke is pretty neat and all, but using him does kinda make me feel a little meh. I kind of like Neji a little more than Sasuke. My brother, being the prodigy that he is, gives me a run for the money when I try and use Neji against his Naruto or Kiba. Since he gets good so fast, he makes me constantly try and "predict" moves beforehand so I can get the upper hand, and with Neji's Kaiten and Chakra Limiting moves it becomes easier and easier everyday [unless of course my brother practices ] however, since I have played as S. Sasuke, I know his moves quite well and I'm confident that I'll put up a good fight against someone who plays it. [too bad no one around my place plays! LOL]

anyways, FreakyEyes, Lvl 4 isn't that hard if you use Neji! ^_^ I think I remember you saying that you use Neji as well. It's a simple task of being a little...tricky. The computer 4 will block your attacks 98% of the time. The other 2% is either random Computer fluke or because they want to use Kawarimi on you to gain the upper hand. Neji makes this more fun!

Step 1: Learn ALL YOUR Cancels. Cancels are god with Neji. Get a combo going, cancel either the Second Punch of his basic B,B Combo or Cancel the Chakra Limiter move that comes after B,B,A. [push Y to cancel, btw. so the combo would go B, B, A-Y] once you get that down, throw like a mutha [shut your mouth!] I find it easiest to do a few of those combo's then hold forward and throw, as just pushing Y for me seems to net me a missed throw.

Step 2: Once you get that down, after the throw, watch Chakra bars more closely. Kind of train yourself to watch the Chakra bar now. I went into training mode and Turned on a Lvl 4 Opponent just to watch his Chakra flow. [probably because I never used to] and get a feel of how much chakra your combo's give him.

Step 3: After that, it's a simple matter of juggle combo's. 'Cause after the throw, Neji will pwn completely if you can get those down. Once you see that the Computer has used up his Kawarimi and you still have a full Chakra bar, do a simple combo to cancel. [for me its usually the B, B, A-Y one just in case I get hits in and I wanna take away Chakra] Then the throw, and time it so you can either do

Down+B, B to (wait) Forward B, B, A, B, B, X [risky as it gives a ton of Chakra to the opponent]
or just B, B, X
or [if you dont have your chakra up]
Down+B, B to (wait) Forward B, B, A, B, B, A
or B, B, B, B, B (wait) Down B, B and follow up with some wake upes [hit them on the ground]

Hee Hee I hope that helps. Computer level 4's will always do the same thing, though annoying as it is.

EDIT: same goes for Hinata if you use her too, as I am trying her out from time to time. She has SO MUCH of a difference to Neji nii-san its not even funny! ^_^

Last edited by ziphra; 2004-06-25 at 12:53.
Old 2004-06-25, 11:11   Link #456
Kidd
SD Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Kidd Send a message via AIM to Kidd Send a message via MSN to Kidd Send a message via Yahoo to Kidd
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziphra
Forward B, B, A, B, B, X [risky as it gives a ton of Chakra to the opponent]
Actually it only looks like it gives a lot of chakra, look at the chakra bar as soon as gameplay continues and you'll see all the chakra is actually gone. Neji and Orochimaru-sama are the only characters able to touch the opponent's chakra bars with their supers (though Orochimaru-sama seals completely :P).
Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 12:50   Link #457
ziphra
Seed Whore Galore!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd
Actually it only looks like it gives a lot of chakra, look at the chakra bar as soon as gameplay continues and you'll see all the chakra is actually gone. Neji and Orochimaru-sama are the only characters able to touch the opponent's chakra bars with their supers (though Orochimaru-sama seals completely :P).
haha No No, I mean't the combo before the super. [Forward+B, B, A, B, B...] if you hit all those, the opponent may be able to Kawarimi unless they started out with no chakra in the bar. But I know after Neji's super their chakra is wiped clean. Oro's super seals chakra. [darn that move! i almost lost thanks to it.]
Old 2004-06-25, 12:59   Link #458
fenikkusu

i dont mind 4 player mode... the only thing is if u use it u need a big enough tv to see everything. we tried playing it on my friends smaller tv. was to hard to see sumtimes
Old 2004-07-06, 11:45   Link #459
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
i dont mind 4 player mode... the only thing is if u use it u need a big enough tv to see everything. we tried playing it on my friends smaller tv. was to hard to see sumtimes
Try to choose the smaller levels where the camera doesnt zoom out too far.
Old 2004-07-06, 12:22   Link #460
FreakyEyes

ziphra: Hmm I think that will someday prove to be useful, thanks. But now I actually can win level 4 enemies sometimes, I am maybe about as good as them. So I must really try when I fight against them.