Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-22, 11:19   Link #1121
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's pretty hard to say, though going by how much progress they've made in terms of what they can do, then one would think they've been around for a while.

& there's plenty of long term organizations that end up meeting their match against a certain individual. Of course, Revolutionary Girl Utena comes to mine.
Well, I'm curious if this whole "break the seals" thing is some process they've been trying to complete for some time with there being several failures. I've noticed that pretty much all the members that we've seen are people in high school aside from a few individuals so I wonder what happens to the older members in that case.

I've been wondering if the Galactic Pretty Boy has been a problem for them for some time now. Takuto's grandfather was one as well so maybe it's sort of their mission to make sure the seals are not broken.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 12:23   Link #1122
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Love the brofist at the end. But dear God, couldn't stop the endless yaoi images in my mind during the panting scene... please don't let it happen again. lol

In shipping news, Sugata carries a knife solely to protect Wako? Even since he was a kid? Aww... how cute. ^_^

But no more Tomatsu singing Monochrome? NNNNOOOO!

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 12:36   Link #1123
Aqua Knight

I thought Fish-girl would at least sing the full song for the last time.
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 15:19   Link #1124
_gallo_

I think that Takuto’s grandfather wasn’t able to finish what he was supposed to accomplish, like he reached a certain stage in the duels and then withdrew. Perhaps he met a sort of threshold which was too hard for him to overcome.
Takuto’s father went a step further than his parent but then got stuck in the island in a never ageing time.
Takuto himself may succeed in what his relatives weren’t able to do.
Aside from this, I dunno. I’m in minority here, but personally I feel the series has started to go downhill with the past 3 episode. Actually I don’t have any major complaints, but overall I’m not digging the show very much. Everything is so meaningless. The authors are not placing the right emphasis on what needs to be highlighted.
I have a terrible feeling now for the future episodes, that is this series is going to fall apart following the trend of many other Bones shows of past years. Dunno, their series have interesting premises and generally start pretty well, but a certain point they seem unable to leverage the potential embed within the story or the concept.

I may sound a bit harsh, but it’s not like I find Star Driver a bad show, simply I think it’s average. So I’m disappointed.

Igarashi, please, tell me you’re holding back because you want to release all your power in the second half…

[... the secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably. They don't deceive you with thrills and trick endings. They don't surprise you with the unforeseen.. They are as familiar as the house you live in. Or the smell of your lover's skin. You know how they end yet you listen as though you don't. In the way that you know that one day you will die, you live as though you won't. In the Great Stories you know who lives, who dies, who finds love, who doesn't. And yet you want to know again. That is their mystery and their magic. ...] Arundhati Roy
_gallo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 15:22   Link #1125
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
& every second of it was fabulous.
If you mean fabulous, that it was slightly disturbing. It just went on, and on, kept wondering how long they planned on dragging it out .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
My favourite episode so far IMO. The ending made me laugh a bit, but everything beforehand made it worth it.

Finally Takuto was in a fight he actually had trouble with! It was getting boring seeing him own every person without any differently.
I think this lines up nicely with what Head said. They aren't going to be able to defeat Tauburn with second phase combat. Their top priority shouldn't be this whole leader thing, but to hurry up and break a maiden's seal so they can move to the third phase. At that point it'd be possible to match up to and possibly defeat Tauburn.
Old 2010-11-22, 15:56   Link #1126
msg

What is glittering crux real objectives anyway? rule over the world? Why is the organizations is runs by high school kids.What are the elders of the island is doing?

Anyway nice episodes...my hunches that sugata and takuto are going to be rivals is correct.

...and that long continuous panting..O_O
Old 2010-11-22, 16:12   Link #1127
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
What is glittering crux real objectives anyway? rule over the world? Why is the organizations is runs by high school kids.What are the elders of the island is doing?

Anyway nice episodes...my hunches that sugata and takuto are going to be rivals is correct.

Who knows what they are really after. World domination is always possible. Might just want to sell the cybodies which would be worth plenty as weapons. Maybe some of them are just bored. The drama club has some theories, but even they probably don't know what the real reason behind this is.
Old 2010-11-22, 16:42   Link #1128
_gallo_

Each member likely has a different purpose.

I think that Head's goal is to fall asleep never awake anymore. A sleep with no memories, emotions or dreams. A sort of limbo in a way. The series is hinting that he might have killed his fiancée some time ago. Here we lack some details about what happened but my guess is that either he didn't killed her directly or he was unaware of the consequences of some actions he did or he thought he was acting for the best of their interests but then the outcome was dramatic.

Anyway, I don't think he killed her of his own will (assuming he actually committed a murder in the first place ).

There something about his sight, about the way he reacted to different part of Sam's story that makes me think of him as someone who isn't evil. He's a sad, disillusioned person who wants to put and end to his life. Since he cannot age the best way to do so is to sink into oblivion.

[... the secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably. They don't deceive you with thrills and trick endings. They don't surprise you with the unforeseen.. They are as familiar as the house you live in. Or the smell of your lover's skin. You know how they end yet you listen as though you don't. In the way that you know that one day you will die, you live as though you won't. In the Great Stories you know who lives, who dies, who finds love, who doesn't. And yet you want to know again. That is their mystery and their magic. ...] Arundhati Roy
_gallo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 17:03   Link #1129
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post

well i thought that once they break all the seals they will be able to use the cybodies in regular time and leave the island or whatever
Old 2010-11-22, 17:23   Link #1130
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep8:
Still more appropriate than with some shows I've seen. For example there's an episode of K-On! the original that literally starts with a single frame extreme close-up of Yui that lasts for a good 15 seconds. And we're not talking Nickelodeon's Rugrats extreme close-up of an indeterminate object and pan-out reveal to cheekily show the way a toddler might view the world, we're talking 15 second close-up of what's clearly someone's face and jump cut, which contributes absolutely nothing to the narrative other than to kill time and be cutesy I guess.

While the panting scene at the end of Star Driver episode 08 seemed to go on forever (or at least about 20 seconds too long) and briefly gave flashbacks to the silliness mentioned above at least it's conveying some sort of idea about the two just having gone all out at each other (basically pouring their souls out) and building a stronger bond that way AND at least it came right near the end of the episode after an appropriate build-up where it wasn't going to have a significant impact on how I was going to view what came after it.

The whole show actually seems to have taken a great leap forward with the recent set of episodes in fact. I like how they've strengthened and pushed to the forefront the idea of Takuto, Wako and Sugata as a trio. Together they seem unbeatable and Head even mentions as much, which leads me to believe that they probably aren't out of the woods yet with regard to all the turmoil.

Also I think the Fish-Girls story is supposed to be about Sugata (or at least a past event that is relevant to what might be going on with him right now) given what seemed to be bothering him this time around. She talks about Sam killing the girl he loves so he can journey out to the rest of the galaxy and juxtaposed with that we have Sugata treating Wako extremely coldly and talking about how he laments not being able to leave the island as if he cares more about that fate then his own fiance's happiness. If we think of the galaxy as the world and the fish planet as Southern Cross Island then things start to become clearer. Also all that talk about the Knife Sugata carries around leads me to believe that it is represented as the spear in Fish-Girls story. However Sugata insists it's to protect Wako and there's nothing more too it. Hmm....

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2010-11-22 at 17:40.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 20:54   Link #1131
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Yet the Cybody that Head had by him when he broke Fish Girl's seal was holding a spear, so couldn't it also in fact indicate the story may be referencing Head as well? Some of Head's reactions certainly seem to indicate the story affected him quite a bit.

The question if Sugata is Sam is what role Takuto plays. Perhaps he's some sort of wildcard that sort of shakes up how the story would normally go?

So, we still have room for some sort of depressing ending then and maybe Sugata taking the role of Emperor still to finally leave, though that might seem a bit odd after this.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2010-11-22, 20:58   Link #1132
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I think different parts of the story are connected to different characters. The whole secret part of the story seemed to reference Takuto and Wako. Really tough for one character to fit every single part of the story.
Old 2010-11-22, 21:07   Link #1133
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Head could potentially since we don't know his backstory, though you are right that it could be referring to multiple events in multiple ways. It is apparently important and intimately related to what is going on.

Maybe the story happened once and could potentially be on track to happen again unless things change.

Old 2010-11-23, 19:49   Link #1134
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Faraway Land

The seventh episode was comendable as the dialogue and plot pacing inclined more towards Takutos' reflections for having come to the island, and as to what he can do for the sakes of both Wako and Sugata's.

To me fish girl's story sometimes confusing, but she's narrating relevant hints within the story that can be attributed and empathizing with those three of destiny: Sugata-Wako-Takuto.

Everyones' theories are beautifully interesting and with most of them containing plausibility as to what may transpire amongst that trio.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 23:02   Link #1135
Cream

So in episode 8 , they were panting in front of a sunset for quite some time , no big deal.
Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 00:14   Link #1136
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Just imagine how much 'lol'ing must've been going on during the recording of that very long 45 second panting.

"*pant* *Pant* *Pant* OH GAWD I CANT DO THIS HAHAHHAAHHAHHA"
Oh my god, this is sounds like they're havin a orgasm to me.

BTW, how many episodes will be run? Just 13?
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 00:24   Link #1137
nubby

would you guys consider this anime shounen or yaoi? lol. i think it's a little of both.
nubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 00:30   Link #1138
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
Oh my god, this is sounds like they're havin a orgasm to me.

BTW, how many episodes will be run? Just 13?
It'll be 25 episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby View Post
would you guys consider this anime shounen or yaoi? lol. i think it's a little of both.
I'd consider it...metrosexual. Kinda like Code Geass in all its fabulous bishounen glory.
Old 2010-11-24, 02:29   Link #1139
molitar

Well on why they don't break another maidens seal seems to me they have to break Wako's first and she is protected by Takuto so they have to defeat Tauburn. How many maidens are there and how do they not know one another after all it is an island?

I think why they don't go after another maiden is that they have to break the seals in specific order to accomplish their goal and don't forget we know their is more maidens but we don't see any of them in Zero Time so that would indicate that Wako's seal has to be broken before they can affect the other Maiden's.

I hope before it ends we get more questions answered on what is Tauburn? Tauburn and Takuto do not appear to be affected by the same rules.. Tauburn does not appear to come from same Zero Time but appears to breaks into that one which would indicate it is not of one of the Cybodies on the Island itself.

BTW I figured out the secret to become a Crux Brigade member.. You just got to have an awful bad fashion sense! If you have that your in.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 03:16   Link #1140
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Well on why they don't break another maidens seal seems to me they have to break Wako's first and she is protected by Takuto so they have to defeat Tauburn. How many maidens are there and how do they not know one another after all it is an island?

I think why they don't go after another maiden is that they have to break the seals in specific order to accomplish their goal and don't forget we know their is more maidens but we don't see any of them in Zero Time so that would indicate that Wako's seal has to be broken before they can affect the other Maiden's.

I hope before it ends we get more questions answered on what is Tauburn? Tauburn and Takuto do not appear to be affected by the same rules.. Tauburn does not appear to come from same Zero Time but appears to breaks into that one which would indicate it is not of one of the Cybodies on the Island itself.

BTW I figured out the secret to become a Crux Brigade member.. You just got to have an awful bad fashion sense! If you have that your in.
I'm not sure. I mean yes Wako was kidnapped in the first episode, but the rest of the fights have been more about Takuto. It was a way to decide who would rule and Takuto even said he wouldn't let them touch the maidens which would mean any of them. So they are kind of stuck in a weird spot. Need to reach the third phase to match up against Tauburn, but Takuto is in the way of them destroying a seal to reach the third phase.

Not sure if there is an order they must follow or just want to follow. Did say in the second episode that breaking Wako's seal was to come later. Also said it would let them move to phase 4. If they want to beat Tauburn need phase 3 which means they need to target a different maiden.

One thing I wonder is if Wako's going to just get dragged into Zero Time why bother kidnapping her at all? Could have just jumped into it and grabbed her. Of course could just assume Filament didn't have a clue that she would just show up on her own.

Yeah still questions about Tauburn and why it breaks the rules. Maybe Takuto's phase 1 ability let's him pilot at phase 3? Just something that needs to be answered eventually.

I wonder if they just dress in such ridiculous ways so no one will think they are a member. "No way that person could be with them, doesn't look ridiculous."

Tags
bones, fabulous, shonen