AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: what do you think of gundam seed Destiny so far?
good 105 70.47%
bad 44 29.53%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-10-12, 12:24   Link #21
Pai
ハガレン fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_wing0
i m pretty sure the yellow hair guy (ray i think) gets lunamaria, shin with stellar (somehow), and athrun stays with cagalli
I hope so~
If they do anything to Cagalli andd Athrun... >_<
(AthrunxCagalli 4ever!)

BTW the first episode was cool.
Old 2004-10-12, 13:44   Link #22
Draikan7

i just hope they try and avoid the fanservice like they did in episode 1...
Draikan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 13:50   Link #23
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Almost all of these comments belong in the Destiny Ep 1 Discussion-thread.

And Kira got the hell out of the way of the Genesis shot. The DRAGOON bits of Providence really gave Freedom a lot of damage, the internal electronics must have been a complete mess. Kira should count himself lucky that the torso was mostly intact otherwise it might have exploded.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 14:35   Link #24
Adonai
Onime no Adonai

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Kira should count himself lucky that the torso was mostly intact otherwise it might have exploded.
hehehe of corse not he`s a cartoon character why he should care?
Adonai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 15:06   Link #25
ultramantaro

I hope this is not going to end up like the Z/ZZ Gundam series (the former being much better than the latter). With the combination sequence however I have little confidence that it won't wind up in the same path.
ultramantaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 18:17   Link #26
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draikan7
i just hope they try and avoid the fanservice like they did in episode 1...
hey fan service rules! :fingers:
angel_wing0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 18:20   Link #27
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Almost all of these comments belong in the Destiny Ep 1 Discussion-thread.

And Kira got the hell out of the way of the Genesis shot. The DRAGOON bits of Providence really gave Freedom a lot of damage, the internal electronics must have been a complete mess. Kira should count himself lucky that the torso was mostly intact otherwise it might have exploded.
well the DRAGOON bits only breaks it body parts(head, arm and legs)...as long as the inside "organs" are still intact, i dont see how it is impossible to fix it~
Old 2004-10-13, 02:21   Link #28
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I don't really understand what's happening in Phase 1. Be prepared for a stupid question.

It looks to me as if Shinn and his family are from ORB, and they were attempting to evacuate from ORB before the Earth Alliance got to them. That's true right? Otherwise I have a really bad memory and I can't remember anything from Gundam SEED.

If that's the case however, why is Shinn part of ZAFT?

Spoiler:

Old 2004-10-13, 03:47   Link #29
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
If that's the case however, why is Shinn part of ZAFT?

He joins ZAFT to get revenge.

Spoiler:
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 06:35   Link #30
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
He joins ZAFT to get revenge.
Somehow I truly doubt that. If he really joined ZAFT to get revenge, he would be happy that there's a war, not screaming stuff like "Why are you doing this? Do you want to start up another war again?!"

According to the Zero Attack preview, he realized that he needed "more power (to protect?)", and thus he joined the army... Though that's just a preview....
Old 2004-10-13, 06:53   Link #31
zealot
ZGMF-X13A

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Somehow I truly doubt that. If he really joined ZAFT to get revenge, he would be happy that there's a war, not screaming stuff like "Why are you doing this? Do you want to start up another war again?!"

According to the Zero Attack preview, he realized that he needed "more power (to protect?)", and thus he joined the army... Though that's just a preview....
My thought is that he realised that without power he cannot protect his family...
Thus he joined ZAFT to get that power...

No way he would join EA as they were directly or indirectly the cause of his family's deaths
zealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 07:28   Link #32
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zealot
No way he would join EA as they were directly or indirectly the cause of his family's deaths
Right...
Spoiler:
Old 2004-10-13, 09:32   Link #33
Kayoubi
Togame's Sword

after reading some post about the ending of seed1, i'm starting to think that kira will play an important role towards the end of the series or at least add something valuable to the plot.

i know that the in the last ep there wasn't much closure for kira & co. and even in the gundam seed special it shows kira not letting go of something. so i am expecting something from him.

as for ep 1 destiny, its really too early to say much. they are trying hard and taking time to plan the characters. though i wish the opening song had more "bang" to it. the song doesn't set the tension enough as it did for seed1's first opening.
Kayoubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 10:42   Link #34
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Quote:
Originally Posted by zealot
well i think he is sorta acting like Milando from WING. Join ZAFT, attack Orb/EA
Old 2004-10-13, 11:07   Link #35
bohemian
坂本真綾さん最高

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnergyRift
Did anyone else notice some similarities between Seed and Destiny? It has distinct differences, but some similarities, >.>; like the base attack to steal the gundams again.. but this time.. his home was introduced beforehand.. being destroyed, but the whole, "Do you really wanna start a war again?" And charging, was a nice distinct characteristic he has. But damn.. the second I heard.. Leg flying out, I was like.. shit.. this is a power ranger's thing isn't it.. And they combined.. that was just.. very sad to me =/ because, I like the independent machines, not one.. that combines.. to form one machine.. So wrong.. so wrong..
You know, stealing gundams is a trademark in the Gundam franchise, not only in Seed and Seed-d. You could say that it is paying homage to its predecessors, or you could say that it's an overly used cliche that should not be used again.

Other "trademarks" of Gundam shows include:
-- Having a masked character as the antagonist.
-- Falling in love with your enemy.
-- Dropping colonies/asteriods on Earth.
-- Somehow many of the wars ended up as a 3-way battle.
-- Inexperienced main character accidentally getting into a Gundam (Fortunately, Shinn is not one of them).

Seed and Seed-d fit most of the above characteristics, or at least I think Seed-d will.

I sort of wish that they would made a gundam show with a female main protagonist and pilots a gundam, or a masked character as the main character/pilot.

As for the launching separate parts as opposed to combined, you bet Bandai ordered the director to do so to sell their model kits. Toys that could combined from different parts have greater appeals to kids.

Back on the title, is Seed-d good?

Well, I guess I don't always judge an anime based on its artistic or novelty values. I rate it based on how much I enjoyed it. Seed-d is far from being spectacular, but I watched ep.1 at least 5 times already, thus it is enjoyable and I think it is good.
bohemian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 11:49   Link #36
ziphra
Seed Whore Galore!?!

Send a message via AIM to ziphra
Wee! One more angsty kid to add to the list! I like it!
And if that's not enough, you have the
Spoiler:
Gundam Pilots intact! Yzak and Dearkka fans scream for joy! And with Zaku's... wee!
Awesome first episode, but where's Saviour?
ziphra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 11:52   Link #37
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

In the SEED specials, there was actually extra footage?

I gave up on watching them since they all seemed like all they were going to be were recaps.

Then there was that 5 minute one...
Old 2004-10-13, 11:57   Link #38
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziphra
Awesome first episode, but where's Saviour?
i m guessing that saviour is actually a Orb Gudam made for athrun since he lost Justice
Old 2004-10-13, 12:01   Link #39
ziphra
Seed Whore Galore!?!

Send a message via AIM to ziphra
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_wing0
i m guessing that saviour is actually a Orb Gudam made for athrun since he lost Justice
But doesn't the serial number on the Justice start with ZGMF-? I shall investigate... I figured ZAFT's Gundam specialty was in Transformable's and EA was more unit-oriented. (merely based on the Gundam's seen, but such things can change right? ^_^)

EDIT: Ok, its serial number is ZGMF-X23S. So I figure its a ZAFT model, but descriptions on websites say it is developed later. So I guess we'll be seeing it in in the 5th ... 10th episode? ^_^ I wanna see Yzak and Dearkka more though! Go Team Zaku!
ziphra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 10:36   Link #40
neovu79

Quote:
Originally Posted by neovu79
I see that Justice and Freedom are in the opening credits and they do battle with Impulse. But I remeberJustice and Freedom being destroyed. Hopefully TPTB will make up a BELIEVABLE way of "justifying" their return [pun intended].
Ah... That makes sense. I was pretty sure that Justice was destroyed, but I wasn't too sure about Freedom.

Spoiler:
neovu79 is offline   Reply With Quote