Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-09, 16:07   Link #1741
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Spoiler:

Last edited by tun; 2014-01-09 at 16:18.
tun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 16:36   Link #1742
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

"I'll curse you", "I'll become an evil spirit and make you unhappy", I''ll make you even unhappier"

It is going as I feared. Past Banri feelings has escalated to resentment.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 16:43   Link #1743
sikvod00

"Curses"? This whole Ghost Banri thing is plain silly.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 16:45   Link #1744
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
Curses? This whole Ghost Banri thing is just so silly.To be honest, I'm getting less and less impressed with this show as it progresses.
I find it inane that Past Banri is treating current Banri's body as himself and wants current Banri to do what he wants. No justification for his actions.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 16:50   Link #1745
Pesti13nce

Ghost Banari is really making this series borderline unwatchable to me. Just when you think things are finally starting to move ahead the wonderful little ghost pops up. flippin ghost... what a bitch..
Pesti13nce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 16:53   Link #1746
sikvod00

Well, yes. Ghost Banri's resentful behavior in this episode serves as more fodder for dumb shipping. If you prefer Banri X Koko, you really hate this thing and it potentially ill-legitimizes Banri X Linda. But that's not what really bothers me. The Ghost Banri construct as a story element is just stupid. Now he's apparently cursing someone by summoning rain and cancelling trips unexpectedly? Where are these powers coming from? Can you still call this symbolism?
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 17:12   Link #1747
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I find it inane that Past Banri is treating current Banri's body as himself and wants current Banri to do what he wants. No justification for his actions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
Well, yes. Ghost Banri's resentful behavior in this episode serves as more fodder for dumb shipping. If you prefer Banri X Koko, you really hate this thing and it potentially ill-legitimizes Banri X Linda. But that's not what really bothers me. The Ghost Banri construct as a story element is just stupid. Now he's apparently cursing someone by summoning rain and cancelling trips unexpectedly? Where are these powers coming from? Can you still call this symbolism?
indeed this stupid ghost just declared war against current banri and making everything he can to destroy current banri life, even making banri make wrong choices like not kiss koko and let her go to the trip with her parents instead of stay with him, really this anime start to look more about "banri vs banri" than about a "love triangle".

linda basically dont need to do many thing, everything will be ghost banri pushingover fault, trying hard to make banri go back to past, too much selfish and coward to using low tricks against banri.

first i was more about "linda" being the big problem but now really the big problem here is his "self past" grudge, this "another personality really need to know his place and go to hell and stop of mess with the peoples around banri life and banri himself.

really the writer is making a good job to make us hate ghost banri.

gasper banri the annoying curse ghost.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 17:37   Link #1748
Kakurin
大佐

Oh god, I didn't expect it to come that radical, though it was somewhat foreshadowed by that outcry in the last part of the last episode. Seems Ghost Banri / his hidden older self or whatever you want to call him has snapped. And it's pushing it towards a crash rather fast. While I still can understand how he manages to influence Banri into saying Kouko should go with her parents to vacation or deciding not to kiss her the "bad luck" thing (no fireworks due to a thunderstorm, cancellation of the summer camp etc.) has me decidedly on an edge. It could be symbolism, but it touches too much on supernaturality for my taste.

I do feel for Kouko and think her reaction to Banri's statement and action in the park show she does grow (though the meltdown with the yakisoba was tough to see). She must have felt awful inside, but manages to keep herself under control.

Oh, and it seems no commentary on the new opening and ending, yet. Well, still nobody else aside from Kouko and Banri. The opening could be a real cue (or a massive deception) in regards to the development in the second half of the show. Kouko mostly alone and struggling (though she looks great in the opening) with a satisfactory ending. As for the song, highly unusual and I still don't know what I should think about it. In regards to the ending, meh, nothing really to say. The song is in my opinion inferior compared to Sweet & Sweet Cherry.
Old 2014-01-09, 17:37   Link #1749
Sakuratsuki

What kind of weird OP was that? And that Banri ghost is really annoying. Please someone exorcise him?
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 17:50   Link #1750
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
"I'll curse you", "I'll become an evil spirit and make you unhappy", I''ll make you even unhappier"

It is going as I feared. Past Banri feelings has escalated to resentment.
He's like a petulant kid that yells, kicks, and screams because he doesn't get what he wants.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 17:53   Link #1751
leokiko

I don't particularly mind the spirit, it's a nice spin on these kind of premisse.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 17:57   Link #1752
Kakurin
大佐

What I just don't get about Ghost Banri is, why now? I can understand him for being upset that Banri is afraid of his past and tries to ignore it. But until now it was apperently no big a deal. Not after the conversation with Linda outside the hospital, not when Banri chose to avoid his old classmates due to fear, not when he got fond of Kouko, not when he started to date Kouko. But as soon as Banri decides to fix on Kouko and thereby push the feelings for Linda aside (which most of us agreed is a necessary move at this point in the story) he snaps and curses him?
Old 2014-01-09, 18:09   Link #1753
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
What I just don't get about Ghost Banri is, why now? I can understand him for being upset that Banri is afraid of his past and tries to ignore it. But until now it was apperently no big a deal. Not after the conversation with Linda outside the hospital, not when Banri chose to avoid his old classmates due to fear, not when he got fond of Kouko, not when he started to date Kouko. But as soon as Banri decides to fix on Kouko and thereby push the feelings for Linda aside (which most of us agreed is a necessary move at this point in the story) he snaps and curses him?
and the worse part is not because is "current banri fault" if linda dont want to say who she love him, his linda fault ghost banri can't blame/push current banri to push by force linda to say what he want to hear( who she love him).

he just being selfish in a new creep level.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 18:12   Link #1754
Dorsai

Do LindaxBanri shippers realize that to make it happen you must root for that annoying, crying, wimpy ghost, because he is the one in whom Linda fallen in love, right?;p She even said it herself in latest episode, "I was too late, that person i love is not in this world anymore" (she used different words, but meaning behind it was like this).

I dont know whats in this ghost behavior is so suprising, even when we saw him first time in graduation shirt scene it was obvious that this wimp have som serious problems to solve...
Old 2014-01-09, 18:27   Link #1755
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Well a fun episode... When I heaqrd Kokou was going to cook something I immediately thought:
'Its more surprising she can cook than that you can run up the stairs.'

As soon as he wanted to look into the bag I realized that she was going to cheat her way through the cooking, though I expected her to make some instant meal rather than trying to claim the prize for her maids doing.

And moreover the maid apparently playing along without being ordered to, even though she should know what Kokou's parents think about Kokou's relationship with Banri.

As for the ghost, he turned into the typical sandbox bully, by trying to make Banri feel misarable to foget how miserable he himself is.
Oh well lets see how this plays out...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 18:32   Link #1756
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
man this ghost really is annoying, someone call a exorcist or the ghostbusters..
Bill Murray's too awesome for this little prick of a ghost.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 18:37   Link #1757
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
man this ghost really is annoying, someone call a exorcist or the ghostbusters or maybe the winchesters brothers to make this annoying cursing ghost vanish, why him just dont pass away and go to the light already, you are dead man, let the guy have a happy life.
I haven't seen the episode yet, but give the spirit a break. He's the original Banri, the rightful owner of his body that is still alive. He didn't really die.

It's normal to feel more attached to current Banri because he's the main character and gets the most screen time, but never forget that he unwillingly hijacked that body.
Old 2014-01-09, 18:50   Link #1758
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
I haven't seen the episode yet, but give the spirit a break. He's the original Banri, the rightful owner of his body that is still alive. He didn't really die.

It's normal to feel more attached to current Banri because he's the main character and gets the most screen time, but never forget that he unwillingly hijacked that body.
As I've stated above, the issue for me isn't that he's upset over current Banri running away from the life he had. Far from it, Ghost Banri has said it himself, before the last episode he saw him as his younger twin and was looking over him ever since that accident and didn't really object. But now that the door on Linda seems to be closing (or put in other words current Banri choosing not to go the path Ghost Banri wants him to take) he goes out to deliberately mess up Banri's life?
Old 2014-01-09, 18:58   Link #1759
Dop
Mmmm....

Don't be too hard on the ghost of Banri past, he's only a metaphor for Banri's internal struggle with his surfacing old memories and feelings for Linda which he's trying to repress.
This isn't a ghost story.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 19:06   Link #1760
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Don't be too hard on the ghost of Banri past, he's only a metaphor for Banri's internal struggle with his surfacing old memories and feelings for Linda which he's trying to repress.
This isn't a ghost story.
I'd like to think that, but the producers / author certainly took it up a notch this episode with the misfortune that happened to Banri. Like I said before, could be just symbolism, but this symbolism sure is taking it a bit too far for my taste for Ghost Banri to simply remain a literary device to show his inner conflict.

Tags
college, comedy, drama, love triangle, romance, seinen