Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-10-25, 03:08   Link #41
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
@Xacual:
Bought it but juggling RL and 4 video games is a little difficult :V
Been getting my ass kicked in Dark Souls a lot so I started playing.
Points to ponder:
- Wii graphics! But it's nice and vibrant looking so it gets a pass. Bought it for PS3, btw.
- Camera controls are shit. I know the standard they developed for was Wii and that thing lacks a right stick, but ffs, camera control on the ps3's right stick please! Knocking could have been one of the many redundant buttons on the ps3 control scheme instead.
- HUD at first I thought was kinda noisy, but when you're switching between games it's actually pretty helpful :V
- Everyone on the island seems really okay with a girl being trapped in a dude's body. Almost TOO okay. As if they were expecting us all along...
- Farming less annoying but monster hunting more so.
- I tame every new bugger I come across. I also do a lot of releasing :V
- Monster AI is really inconsistent. They range from really passive to slapping your shit when the spawner decides all elephants and orcs.
- Do you guys bring monsters along with you? They useful?
- Even for those who aren't doing much producing/crafting, there are waaaay too many things to exploit in order to make money. Be creative and don't be afraid of being a dick (lol, haggling).
- Love the character interaction. My favorite so far was probably the trial of nerve. Having events where multiple game characters interact is quite fun and I hope there are a lot more of these.
- Level up cooking and crafting ASAP. If Sierra has weapon sale on the request board, grab it.
- Damn, some of these villagers have some expensive tastes.

So far my favorite characters are Odette, Sierra, Lily, and Mikoto. Odette gets me free meals, Sierra's got sex appeal, and Lily has some funny requests/events. I was quite mad when I saw Lily's swimsuit - it does nothing to emphasize her assets! Going to try the Mikoto route and her favorite stuff is easy to come by (fried fish/squid).
I don't bring monsters for normal dungeon going but I do for boss fights because the boss will occasionally target them and I'll get time for a combo or two.

Most of the characters are pretty easy if you just give liked gifts instead of love, though I find Rune Crystals for Pandora to be pretty easy but now that I got a ton of rubies from my winter island I've just been giving those to her instead. Bacchus and Odette both like pickles. Lily you can just give her fruit bought at the store. Sierra, you can give her one of the many handknit scarves you are probably abusing to level crafting. Violet and Maerwen both like Moondrop flowers, I think for Maerwen it might be a loved gift since she goes all hearts all over. Elena is easy, just give her iron since I have a ton of it. Mikoto like you said fried any kind of fish. Electra likes any kind of crafting material so any kind of monster drop works for the most part. Joe likes recovery potions.

Those are pretty much the only characters I'm actively raising by gift giving. I'm still talking to everyone and trying to keep the request board empty but some of the monster killing requests are really annoying when one is asking me to go to earth shrine to kill orcs and another wants me to kill high orcs which I think are at fire shrine?

A good suggestion? Get the fleet foot rune ability as soon as Joe can sell it for 25k or if you get lucky and it's on a discount day. I think it's something like run 1.5x or 2x speed with a staff out. That's a huge time saver for when running around town.

Compiled some pages of info from various boards into this. It's basically what everyone likes, where to get all the recipes, and what monsters do what and where to find them.
http://www.mediafire.com/?cdgb55b20e901qx

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 07:06   Link #42
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
@Xacual:
Bought it but juggling RL and 4 video games is a little difficult :V
Been getting my ass kicked in Dark Souls a lot so I started playing.
Points to ponder:
- Wii graphics! But it's nice and vibrant looking so it gets a pass. Bought it for PS3, btw.
- Camera controls are shit. I know the standard they developed for was Wii and that thing lacks a right stick, but ffs, camera control on the ps3's right stick please! Knocking could have been one of the many redundant buttons on the ps3 control scheme instead.
- HUD at first I thought was kinda noisy, but when you're switching between games it's actually pretty helpful :V
- Everyone on the island seems really okay with a girl being trapped in a dude's body. Almost TOO okay. As if they were expecting us all along...
- Farming less annoying but monster hunting more so.
- I tame every new bugger I come across. I also do a lot of releasing :V
- Monster AI is really inconsistent. They range from really passive to slapping your shit when the spawner decides all elephants and orcs.
- Do you guys bring monsters along with you? They useful?
- Even for those who aren't doing much producing/crafting, there are waaaay too many things to exploit in order to make money. Be creative and don't be afraid of being a dick (lol, haggling).
- Love the character interaction. My favorite so far was probably the trial of nerve. Having events where multiple game characters interact is quite fun and I hope there are a lot more of these.
- Level up cooking and crafting ASAP. If Sierra has weapon sale on the request board, grab it.
- Damn, some of these villagers have some expensive tastes.

So far my favorite characters are Odette, Sierra, Lily, and Mikoto. Odette gets me free meals, Sierra's got sex appeal, and Lily has some funny requests/events. I was quite mad when I saw Lily's swimsuit - it does nothing to emphasize her assets! Going to try the Mikoto route and her favorite stuff is easy to come by (fried fish/squid).
Maewen and then mikoto for me, maewen has the easiest loved item (Cloth and flowers)
Old 2011-10-25, 08:11   Link #43
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
but I do for boss fights because the boss will occasionally target them
Figures :V In Frontier I only brought heavy hitters along with me (ie. golems). Magic is still totally OP for some bosses so I just stick with that :V Maybe I'll tame a few dragons and see how that works out.

I'm raising Pandora too just because. I don't like the idea of being haunted by two female
spirits :V Will keep in mind the Rune ability. Oh yeah, I notice on some days during the summer Joe isn't around at all. Like, gone from the map and everything. Thanks for the link, btw. You the same guy that posted them on Gamefaqs?

>Maewen
Full tsundere the from day 1 :V I'm actually swimming in flowers so I just send them her way and anybody else I need to fill in gaps. She has a great swimsuit, btw.

Quote:
but some of the monster killing requests are really annoying
1000x this. Moving Ymir takes time and RP so I prioritize local requests. Plus instances where it's requests from the same person. I swear, it's the old man from RF 3 all over again.

Oh and accessories, I like how the characters bring to attention when Aden wears the more feminine stuff (ie. hairband).
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 09:27   Link #44
Xacual

Quote:
Figures :V In Frontier I only brought heavy hitters along with me (ie. golems). Magic is still totally OP for some bosses so I just stick with that :V Maybe I'll tame a few dragons and see how that works out.

I'm raising Pandora too just because. I don't like the idea of being haunted by two female
spirits :V Will keep in mind the Rune ability. Oh yeah, I notice on some days during the summer Joe isn't around at all. Like, gone from the map and everything. Thanks for the link, btw. You the same guy that posted them on Gamefaqs?

1000x this. Moving Ymir takes time and RP so I prioritize local requests. Plus instances where it's requests from the same person. I swear, it's the old man from RF 3 all over again.

Oh and accessories, I like how the characters bring to attention when Aden wears the more feminine stuff (ie. hairband).
Honestly I should have taken advantage of Talynn when he was around. Instant movement all over the seas. I only really used a few times.

And nah I'm not the person that posted it on gamefaqs, I just saw it and added it to the other stuff that was on the file.

Magic is OP but I'm personally not a fan of it. I like getting in a boss' face and dodging his blows and counter attacking.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2014-01-20, 19:31   Link #45
Zakoo

Not really the thread but since this news touch the same fan population : runes factory 4 has been canceled for europe.

I'm seeking somebody to cry with me.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 19:49   Link #46
darkofficer
just a devil

I will cry together with you
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 20:22   Link #47
defki

No problem I will just impo...oh wait I can't. Thanks Nintendo. What a joke.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 03:51   Link #48
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Y U hate u-rope Nin-10-do ?!

...Well it's a good thing we still have Toukiden on the Vita is coming out next month right? *cough*
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 04:12   Link #49
Xacual

Well it has less to do with Europe and more to do with the company going under I guess. I still figured Marvelous would at least release it there since they have the rights to the series for the most part anyway.

Old 2014-01-21, 15:12   Link #50
darkofficer
just a devil

To bad that this version dont have a "dont try this at home " when you cheated on your wife
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 18:16   Link #51
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Well it has less to do with Europe and more to do with the company going under I guess.
Or they could not have treated Europe like third class citizens and not dragged their feet with the European release. The game has been out for months in North America, and Europe didn't even have a release date.
Old 2014-02-07, 01:07   Link #52
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

From how an Xseed staff member explained it, they don't actually do any of the coding for localization. They do all the translating the ol' fashioned way and send it back to the original programmers to cram all the text back in. After that the localization just QC's.

Since the Neverland is gone - developers outta work, assets seized or in limbo, etc. - there is no way this can be done at all. In addition, since there are several standard languages in Europe they can't just repackage the english one and sell it in that region.

As for hiring other programmers to look at the code and cram the text in themselves - the amount of resources and time needed for this aside - there would be additional licensing costs/contracts/whatever needed for them to even be able to look at the code let alone modify it.

In short, Neverland going under basically nailed the coffin shut. I feel bad for you guys, I really do. It also worries me about the future of the franchise in general.
Old 2014-02-07, 01:21   Link #53
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Rune Factory 4 is a "major success", XSEED Games facing stock issue
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 14:27   Link #54
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Don't RF games get a reissue ever now and then? I recall RF3 had one not too long ago.
Old 2014-02-09, 10:57   Link #55
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
In addition, since there are several standard languages in Europe they can't just repackage the english one and sell it in that region.
I wish people would stop repeating this, because it's wrong. There are tons of releases in Europe where English is the only language available in-game.

Want some examples? How about every Rune Factory released in Europe for the DS? Yeah, that's right; it wouldn't have been out of place to release Rune Factory 4 with English as the only language.
Old 2014-02-09, 21:44   Link #56
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Y U hate u-rope Nin-10-do ?!

...Well it's a good thing we still have Toukiden on the Vita is coming out next month right? *cough*
Pretty sure Europe hates Nintendo, lol.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 00:22   Link #57
Xacual

My friend pointed this news out to me since I was blissfully unaware. Sounds like Marvelous AQ has the Rune Factory developers working on a new game. Once again sounds like another game I'd enjoy.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/12...eets-life-sim/

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/12...ts-looks-cute/

Old 2014-12-03, 18:50   Link #58
Xacual

I don't really want to bump this thread but it seems like the only place because I guess there was never an RF4 thread. RF4 is getting an EU eshop release, seems like the release date is next week.

Old 2014-12-12, 21:22   Link #59
AnimeFangirl

Why not go ahead and make an RF4 thread? Surely it deserves one.