AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Sword Art Online II - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 5 12.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 22.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 20.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 7.50%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-09-20, 16:38   Link #21
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

the pacing in this episode is horrible...
It's too slow... and they ended it when everything is getting good

well, Kirito... your arrogance made you can't hear "his name".. hahaha *I'm being sarcastic here*
now we only can rely on Asuna... I believe Asuna has heard the name

Kirito must switch to badass mode in next episode... He looks too weak in this episode
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 17:33   Link #22
Darthtabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Okay, I wasn't that hyped about GGO to begin with, but this adaptation is just a nightmare.
I think its been a quite well done adaptation, actually. They writers could have been more aggressive in cutting down on the amount of dialogue in the sections the recent episodes adapted but perhaps they weren't confident about cutting more than they did.

It would be interesting to see how a cut down version of the past few episodes worked actually. Things have certainly been a bit drawn out but I'm not sure stringing all these conversations too close together would work overly well either. Looking at it you could maybe shorten things by one episode and make it work well. I don't think it would be a good idea to cram something as important as Sinon's breakdown and recovery into the middle of an episode with the full discussion of Death Gun's modus operandi following for instance. Possibly they could have started the discussion and brought it to the point where Kirito made a big dramatic realization before ending the episode. Next episode could have covered the remainder of the discussion about the modus operandi and formulating the initial strategy before a late eye catch, then covered the satellite scan, strategy revision, and some dramatic lead up (or possibly the beginning of the battle) before ending the episode.

Okay, so they could probably have shortened this latest section by one episode (I say probably because its hard to tell without someone at least doing up a script for it). Make it a twenty four or twenty five episode series instead of twenty six. But I'd be careful about trying to compress the last few episodes more than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Kirito must switch to badass mode in next episode... He looks too weak in this episode
I actually think its kind of refreshing to see him on the defensive like this. A strong protagonist is all well and good, but I like to see him (or her) get seriously challenged.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 18:44   Link #23
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Looks like Internet Detective Kirito's job is finally coming to a close.
Old 2014-09-20, 20:05   Link #24
Peanutbutter

If one thing, I wished there was more background on the Laughing Coffin members, so that when we come to this part in GGO, we the viewers will know who he is.

I was dreading another talk-only episode at the start but finally some action. Though honestly, it's still disappointing because all that talk lead to a few minutes of action only.

And I thought players can have two weapons only? Or did Death Gun combined his estoc with his rifle?
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 20:06   Link #25
Solafighter
Hige

Felt like watching Dragonball Z.

Skipped 1/3 of the episode.

They should have named the next(13.) episode "Phantom Bullet".
Old 2014-09-20, 20:27   Link #26
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
They should have named the next(13.) episode "Phantom Bullet".
They did. Seriously.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 20:33   Link #27
Psyco Diver

Does anyone else feel that this episode pretty much made last episode pointless to watch? Seriously they could have condensed that last 3 episodes into 2 and still had a bit of fluff left in to pad the clock
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 20:51   Link #28
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
And I thought players can have two weapons only? Or did Death Gun combined his estoc with his rifle?
It looked like he assembled the estoc out of chunks of the destroyed AWM (because they had been prearranged to serve as pieces of the rifle), but I could be wrong.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 21:50   Link #29
Esclair

That explanation about latency from extra server-client connection seems like a bunch of technojabber, but I have played a game where you could tell when enemy PKs were near due to a poor implementation of the code.

In Aion, the two races you could pick were the Eylos and Asmodians, and faction pvp was always on. Anyways, to 'improve' performance the texture assets for the opposing race is generally not loaded into memory unless you were near someone from the opposing race. However, on slower machines, there is a noticeable hiccup whenever your client has to load those textures (they are quite big, since armors are split for each race) which meant that you could tell when enemy factions were within radar range. This works even when Assassins were in hide.

People dubbed it the lag-dar.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 21:52   Link #30
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Concerning Kirito being able to hear someone moving from a good distance away, we've already seen that in his first GGO battle; it was how he figured out where his opponent was after he stopped firing at Kirito. It's not out of left field.
Old 2014-09-20, 22:20   Link #31
dark998

Looks like my prediction was off, final battle did start but no resolution yet, one more to go? Also nice detail...Death Gun using Asuna trademark estoc move.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 22:30   Link #32
screaming4vengence

he figured out where DG was based on lag??? hope hes not on comcast...
screaming4vengence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 22:45   Link #33
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Or on that Walmart connection.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 01:43   Link #34
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
That explanation about latency from extra server-client connection seems like a bunch of technojabber, but I have played a game where you could tell when enemy PKs were near due to a poor implementation of the code.

In Aion, the two races you could pick were the Eylos and Asmodians, and faction pvp was always on. Anyways, to 'improve' performance the texture assets for the opposing race is generally not loaded into memory unless you were near someone from the opposing race. However, on slower machines, there is a noticeable hiccup whenever your client has to load those textures (they are quite big, since armors are split for each race) which meant that you could tell when enemy factions were within radar range. This works even when Assassins were in hide.

People dubbed it the lag-dar.
Yep, it's the same in the MMO I play too. You could tell someone was nearby, cause you can feel some sort of frame skip while walking around a map. And you can hear someone's attacks if they are really close by.

Only difference is you dun know whether it is a friend or foe. In this case, if it's a foe, I'll prob be dead and have to respawn back at starting place.

Which isn't funny in the long term, cause those guys basically control the server, and their high levels basically camp or patrol the high level maps to kick any opposing faction out.

I've played the game for 2.5 years, I can feel myself slowly playing and playing less because of it.

Hope this won't be considered OOT.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 02:35   Link #35
l.kostas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
In other words, his sixth sense is based on a bit of extra lag? This could be possible depending on the nature of the game's clientside/serverside interaction, but that seems relatively minor compared to the amount of data that the system must be shunting around just to function.
Kirito mentioned he feels it when he is alone somewhere:
"When moving alone in a wilderness or dungeon, they could only check their own data. However, if someone tried to ambush the player, access of the status signals would become twice or more."
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 03:59   Link #36
kukuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
Does anyone else feel that this episode pretty much made last episode pointless to watch? Seriously they could have condensed that last 3 episodes into 2 and still had a bit of fluff left in to pad the clock
Not really. In my eyes there's more then enough content in the last episode and then some.

While the dialogue probably isn't immersive enough to get the drama going in a dramatic moment.

You've totally pinned it on the wrong things.

Sceen play could have been handled better in the past 2 eps to give it more weight, but content it was not dragging out.

Some people just want some some pew pew woosh wooosh, but degrading characters with unnecessary combat is also a no-no.
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 09:29   Link #37
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
it seems the final battle between kirito and death gun will be next week i hope it will be epic enough to make up on all this talking
I sure hope so... Just when things are heating up, Episode 12 ended with a cliffhanger!

Still, seeing Kirito on the defensive is a nice change of scenery compared to Tatsuya this week!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 17:46   Link #38
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

It seems that there's still some kind of secret that has yet to be revealed. I'm kind of disappointed on how quickly they disposed off Darkwind, I thought he would have some more relevance in the story, but he barely got a line or two, a few flashbacks to show how he's good, but ultimately he was as significant as Musketeer X.

Too bad Sinon isn't quite in the mood to realize that by killing him she is basically a step away from winning the tournament.
At the very least she is in the top 3.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 18:19   Link #39
screaming4vengence

to bad that dont mean much if your dead
screaming4vengence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 19:34   Link #40
Psyco Diver

I honestly think it would be completely badass if after Kirito takes out DG and Sinon snipes him by surprise to take the win.
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote