AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 12 21.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 31.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 31.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.02%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.75%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.75%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.75%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-03-07, 13:53   Link #21
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

The "goal" is "even further than the satelite belt"? Does this mean the attack is supposed to go against Vers-Rebell HQ, or even directly against Mars?
Old 2015-03-07, 14:00   Link #22
nubby

Anyone else find it interesting that Slaine says he's no longer part of the Vers empire and doesn't need to follow Asseylum's order?
Old 2015-03-07, 14:03   Link #23
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

The biggest thing that I am curious about is Slaine's father and his work. Seems like we will get a answer soon on what he was doing back on mars. I think that is the key to ending Aldnoah.
Old 2015-03-07, 14:04   Link #24
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Huh, basically some people were rubbing their hands in glee after both princesses knew about Slaine, but this episode Slaine basically said "I don't care what you 2 ojou samas think" and locked them up "comfortably". Woah, that's resolve, if not evidence of a deranged mind.

I had the assumption that all Slaine is doing is for Asseylum, and that once seylum says that she didn't like what he's doing, at the very least we would expect him to second guess himself, if not totally break down. LOL, he doesn't care what seylum wants, he's doing it for himself, and if seylum doesn't want the end result then that's too bad. Like I said before, his role has always been that of a villain, and now he has taken the role of the space dictator!

I would really like to see how Slaine fans would explain this one.

I still can't see the ending though, the new character caught me completely off guard, and I've neglected to take into account Slaine's plans for Aldnoah, and how the princesses might use it against Slaine. Couldn't they just take away Slaine's Aldnoah powers?
Old 2015-03-07, 14:04   Link #25
Pegasai

Did anyone like how the then in-disguise Asseylum answered Slaine's question to "do you know why wars break out" with the answer that Inaho gave her in season 1?
Old 2015-03-07, 14:05   Link #26
nubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
The biggest thing that I am curious about is Slaine's father and his work. Seems like we will get a answer soon on what he was doing back on mars. I think that is the key to ending Aldnoah.
Did they ever explain why Slaine can use Aldnoah drive? I thought a royal had to give you their blessing first. Maybe his father has something to do with it?
Old 2015-03-07, 14:08   Link #27
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasai View Post
Did anyone like how the then in-disguise Asseylum answered Slaine's question to "do you know why wars break out" with the answer that Inaho gave her in season 1?
I did! That's how I was sure it was her.
Old 2015-03-07, 14:08   Link #28
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby View Post
Did they ever explain why Slaine can use Aldnoah drive? I thought a royal had to give you their blessing first. Maybe his father has something to do with it?
The other princess kissed him and now he got the power, or at least that seems how it works. They really need to clarify more on Aldnoah.
Old 2015-03-07, 14:12   Link #29
Wandering Soul

Quote:
I did. It showed how she learned on Earth and it confirmed my suspicions it was her.
Old 2015-03-07, 14:13   Link #30
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Is that right? That's nice. I've forgotten that bits of details in S1 since it's been ages.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
Old 2015-03-07, 14:14   Link #31
Pegasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
I did! That's how I was sure it was her.
I thought it was nice subtle touch to show how Asseylum has unconditional trust in Inaho at this point.

And for Inaho x Asseylum shippers, it's more shipping bait hahaha.
Old 2015-03-07, 14:14   Link #32
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
I had the assumption that all Slaine is doing is for Asseylum, and that once seylum says that she didn't like what he's doing, at the very least we would expect him to second guess himself, if not totally break down. LOL, he doesn't care what seylum wants, he's doing it for himself, and if seylum doesn't want the end result then that's too bad. Like I said before, his role has always been that of a villain, and now he has taken the role of the space dictator!

I would really like to see how Slaine fans would explain this one.
I kind of already did ^

Doing what somebody wants != Doing something for somebody.
Kids often want to eat a ton of sweets, but you would rather have them balanced diet, right?

And let's face it - Asseylum didn't have any idea what she was doing at the beginning of the S1 and I doubt she has any idea o what to do now (though the last part may be wrong).

>his role has always been that of a villain

Well, you either die as a hero, or... you know.
Old 2015-03-07, 14:19   Link #33
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
And let's face it - Asseylum didn't have any idea what she was doing at the beginning of the S1 and I doubt she has any idea o what to do now (though the last part may be wrong).
Obviously she's going to run to Inaho. I'd like to see Inaho have his own martian katapraktoys but I guess he won't abandon his current orange mech.

But that's going to be boring! I prefer a love triangle rather than inahoxasseylum vs. Slaine.
Old 2015-03-07, 14:21   Link #34
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
Obviously she's going to run to Inaho. I'd like to see Inaho have his own martian katapraktoys but I guess he won't abandon his current orange mech.

But that's going to be boring! I prefer a love triangle rather than inahoxasseylum vs. Slaine.
I wouldn't. I prefer exactly this.
Old 2015-03-07, 14:21   Link #35
Pegasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
I kind of already did ^

Doing what somebody wants != Doing something for somebody.
Kids often want to eat a ton of sweets, but you would rather have them balanced diet, right?

>his role has always been that of a villain

Well, you either die as a hero, or... you know.
You're comparing apples to oranges here.

While your comparison of Asseylum to a naive child is more or less on point, Slaine's goal of creating a new world order is neither what Asselyum wants nor is what is good for her (unlike a healthy balanced diet for children). Even assuming Slaine succeeds and hands that new world to Asseylum, she'll be miserable and wrought with guilt for the rest of her life for how that world was achieved.
Old 2015-03-07, 14:24   Link #36
Kurohane

Quote:

While your comparison of Asseylum to a naive child is more or less on point, Slaine's goal of creating a new world order is neither what Asselyum wants nor is what is good for her (unlike a healthy balanced diet for children). Even assuming Slaine succeeds and hands that new world to Asseylum, she'll be miserable and wrought with guilt for the rest of her life for how that world was achieved.
She'll end up like her grandfather is what would happen should Slaine succeed.
Old 2015-03-07, 14:24   Link #37
nubby

Slaine does not care about what Asseylum wants or what's good for her. Get the Asseylum is a princess that needs saving idea out of your head people. The only thing he cares about is ending the conflict between the two sides and in his mind, the only way to do that is to only have one side.
Old 2015-03-07, 14:25   Link #38
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well glad to see Slaine's nonsense is reaching last boss levels. He just needs to conquer everything and war will just disappear....yeah revolutions, civil wars, countries breaking away, that never happens . Too bad Asseylum didn't take the shot. Was nice how she used Inaho's answer from the first season showing where she stands. Though to be fair I'd forgotten about that part and had a good "that's awesome" reaction when she stood up and dropped the facade.

The battle was fun. Inaho going beyond Kira Yamato levels in terms of attack spamming in order to wipe out that last enemy. Pushing himself right to and beyond the limit with that one. Nice job taking out the Lightning guy. The stealth type was screwed the moment she decided to pick a fight rather than running away.

Getting closer to the last stand with the group heading into space now.
Old 2015-03-07, 14:32   Link #39
konart

Quote:

Well, every coin has too sides, right? What Slaine wants is a peaceful world for her, even if this means kill the ones she feels peaceful with (contradictory, yeah). Is it good for her? Not much, but this is the only solution Slaine sees, unfortunately. He's not muc different from her in that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby View Post
Slaine does not care about what Asseylum wants or what's good for her. Get the Asseylum is a princess that needs saving idea out of your head people. The only thing he cares about is ending the conflict between the two sides and in his mind, the only way to do that is to only have one side.
That's what I'm talking about. The only difference is that I say he is doing this if for her (as a some sort of a starting point). Not for himself - he does not need this. He has no friends, no family, no home, nothing to left behind.
Old 2015-03-07, 14:32   Link #40
nubby

I can't see the ending being the Deucalion going to the moon base and defeating the final boss Slaine. The United Earth leaders just seems too evil so I think something else will come out. Will there be a third season?
Closed Thread