Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-10-18, 10:39   Link #1
|Aion|
Hajime

Send a message via AIM to |Aion| Send a message via Yahoo to |Aion|
[GSD]What role will Kira play?

Dont READ if you havent seen FIRST EPISODE!

We know Kira will be in Destiny, but we aslo see him fighting Shin in the intro. Does he find out that it was Kira's fault that his parents and sister is dead. I just hope they dont make Kira's role in this series samll,even though he's not the main character in this one, he should still play a BIG part beacuse with out him it just would be SEED.
|Aion| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 10:56   Link #2
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Aion|
beacuse with out him it just would be SEED.
Think you meant wouldn't be Seed. I imagine Kira will play a big part but it's definetly not going to be as much screen time as Shin. Imagine it's going to be a while before we see him too. Not sure exactly which side he'll be on this time though, obviously Earth is known to be violating the treaty so they're the immediate problem. More importantly though Orb just isn't in any position to be hoping in the middle of a war again so Kira's hands might just be tied at the moment.

Spoiler:
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 10:57   Link #3
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Other than his rivalry with Shinn, I think in Seed Destiny Kira will be just like Amuro Ray in Zeta...one of the good guys, but fights off the screen on his own while his rival/friend Athrun is one of the main characters just like Char Aznable in Zeta. ^_^
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 10:59   Link #4
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
My guess would be that Kira is trying to stop Shin from fighting... something? We still have unknown elements out there - like the Archangel still sitting somewhere out there, and then there's Orb with its rebuilt military and MS force.

Don't forget, Kira has matured tremendously and his stance was shown in the ending arc of Seed -> trying to stop the two sides from killing each other. If he is fighting Shin, it is probably because due to a good reason.

Not too sure when will Kira and Lacus make an appearance - Kira is probably taking a break with Lacus away in the calm generated by the new treaty and ceasefire. If there's a fake Lacus moving about (as the wild rumors go), they will probably be coming out of their hiding place (that orphanage?) to expose her or something.

If the opening shots are true, Kira would return to action, and in Freedom - which is still far more superior to anything both sides got. Surely Bandai wouldn't miss the chance to upgrade the Freedom... Nu Freedom Custom? *coughs*

Or he might not be very involved - after all if they are ripping off Zeta, Amuro didn't have a major role in the second UC series...

I wonder if anyone out there has caught the undeniable links between Seed and old UC and made a 'Athrun's Counter-Attack' parody.
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 11:23   Link #5
|Aion|
Hajime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuronord
Think you meant wouldn't be Seed.
Yup thats what i meant. And whats this about a fake Lacus, first i heard of it, could there actually be someone that looks as hot as lacus.
Old 2004-10-18, 11:26   Link #6
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Amuro didn't have a major role in the series but he did have a leading part in the fighting Karaba did on Earth. I hope Kira gets more screen time than Amuro did though, it would be very interesting.

And there won't be an Athrun's Counter-Attack.. Rey is going to proclaim himself as Rau le Creuset and start the Neo-KillEveryone Movement and we will have Creuset's Counterattack.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 11:34   Link #7
JohnSilver
MS Technician

Send a message via MSN to JohnSilver
Well, Sunrise could surprise us with some new material too... I mean, Kira could end up being a bad guy, which would be cool if you ask me. At least whoever the bad guys are would have a veteran on their side too...
JohnSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 11:46   Link #8
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Quote:
And there won't be an Athrun's Counter-Attack.. Rey is going to proclaim himself as Rau le Creuset and start the Neo-KillEveryone Movement and we will have Creuset's Counterattack.
Then Athrun and Kira will squish themselves trying to stop the asteroid (leaving Cagalli and Lacus wailing on the sidelines) while Shin's brains would have been drained out at the end of Destiny?

Heh. Don't give them ideas.
Old 2004-10-18, 12:39   Link #9
ky_khor
Gundamed Ninja

Send a message via Yahoo to ky_khor
i won't surprise if they give us any surprise because i had already surprise when they gave us so many surprise in Gundam Seed.
ky_khor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 12:59   Link #10
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu
I wonder if anyone out there has caught the undeniable links between Seed and old UC and made a 'Athrun's Counter-Attack' parody.
He even adopts Char's cunning disguise of simply wearing shades and going by a pseudonym. Thank goodness he chose a somewhat plausible and less embarrassing one (in its original transcription, Q.V.) one than Char.

Last edited by glyph; 2004-10-18 at 13:36.
glyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 14:39   Link #11
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Why would Kira do anything about the war anymore when he's got such a nice gf who gives him a ring and wears a wedding dress?
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 16:39   Link #12
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger
Why would Kira do anything about the war anymore when he's got such a nice gf who gives him a ring and wears a wedding dress?
The same "nice gf" who turned evil and hides behind his best friend/her ex-fiance? XD
Old 2004-10-18, 17:45   Link #13
The Shell Bullet
Rurouni

Maybe Shin is the bad guy, and finally the main character is the bad guy whom Kira and Athrun have to stop. Or maybe Kira, Deakka, and Yzak have to stop Athrun and Shin?!
The Shell Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 21:28   Link #14
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Well, the most amusing aspect of the old Universal Century is how people would justify their acts which in our age would be classified as crimes against humanity. I mean, dropping a colony or asteroid onto the world...

I don't think Shin is a bad guy. Nor are Athrun or Kira. The true bad guys would be the organization Blue Cosmos on the sides of the Naturals - they are 100% against the Coordinators even existing - or the old Zala faction on the side of the Coordinators who want to turn Earth into a wasteland...
Old 2004-10-18, 21:45   Link #15
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

In other words the "extremists" leaders of the cosmic era world.

Don't forget Rau le Cruset tho, he was out there with his "I hate the world let's kill everyone" idea.

Also about what you just mentioned, a rumor I heard is that (possible spoiler)
Spoiler:
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 21:46   Link #16
|Aion|
Hajime

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
The same "nice gf" who turned evil and hides behind his best friend/her ex-fiance? XD
Ok now damnit were, is everyone getting that Lux turns evil. If she did that would kinda piss me off
Old 2004-10-19, 06:33   Link #17
JohnSilver
MS Technician

Send a message via MSN to JohnSilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by |Aion|
Ok now damnit were, is everyone getting that Lux turns evil. If she did that would kinda piss me off
If Minmey's little sister turns evil, I will be dying on the floor laughing... Her actions stink of pacifism so much she makes Relena look like a tyrannic dictator.
JohnSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 07:35   Link #18
Evan
天使我爱你

I am very sure kira's role in destiny won't miss out the "crying" part.....

He'll just cry the hell over his killings,over athrun,over lacus,over fllay,over his sissyness etc...

Maybe his role could be the final boss of destiny?
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 07:40   Link #19
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSilver
If Minmey's little sister turns evil, I will be dying on the floor laughing... Her actions stink of pacifism so much she makes Relena look like a tyrannic dictator.
XD XD XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva
Maybe his role could be the final boss of destiny?
No, Kira's ultimate role is 'on top' of Shinn in yaoi doujinshi and fanfics!
Old 2004-10-19, 07:44   Link #20
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, after watching the OP, ED, and the intermission animations, somehow I kinda feel Kira and Lacus are still the main protagonists of Destiny, while Shin and Stellar are just some people tacked along
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote