AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-18, 09:22   Link #41
Fimbulvetr

There might be more interest in this show if it wasn't so dull.
Both premise and story so far are so standard fantasy-rpg-like that it hurts. The characters all feel generic, especially our heroic 16-year old hero, and I just couldn't shake off the feeling that the target audience is extremely young - and it turns out I was right.
While I did find these 2 first eps visually pleasing (apart from the CG) I still don't feel very confident that this is show will be worth my time. Next ep will feature close combat between drawn characters and a CG character - and I have that feeling it won't be the last -, which has a lot of potential to look weird. I'm very curious how this will turn out.
Spoiler for ep3 preview:
Old 2007-01-19, 23:18   Link #42
frozen_night
Everlasting Snow

Is anyone subbing the series yet?
frozen_night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 23:26   Link #43
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

If the subs dont come out fast I guess I will force myself to watch raws . Antcipation and wait is driving me nuts
Old 2007-01-21, 07:07   Link #44
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fimbulvetr View Post
There might be more interest in this show if it wasn't so dull.
this is somewat right...even after watching ep 3 im not quite getting the right vibes i should be getting...everything is all too serious >.<
Spoiler for ep3:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 09:58   Link #45
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Hmm, I'm not too fussed about the lack of humour at this stage, though I hope it doesn't turn out to be as joyless as Kiba...

Spoiler for ep 3:
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 17:16   Link #46
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozen_night View Post
Is anyone subbing the series yet?
Give me a few hours and it'll be on AnimeSuki's main page =D

I've only watched through episode 1 so far, and it almost seemed... really obvious? I haven't read the books (though I plan on ordering them, once the series is partially done) but...
Spoiler:

Of course, I may be wrong, and it's just a red herring... maybe I should visit the library.
Old 2007-01-23, 18:42   Link #47
Klace

Well then, DAT's is finally done? XD
Seriously, I'm looking for a translator for the series, I have everyone else but a translator, plus it would only take about a few days after airing before we'd release it.
Klace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 19:03   Link #48
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKaizer View Post
Give me a few hours and it'll be on AnimeSuki's main page =D.
Thanx JKaizer Great to know someone's finally subbing it
Old 2007-01-23, 19:42   Link #49
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klace View Post
Well then, DAT's is finally done? XD
Seriously, I'm looking for a translator for the series, I have everyone else but a translator, plus it would only take about a few days after airing before we'd release it.
What group are you in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Thanx JKaizer Great to know someone's finally subbing it
We would've had it done ages ago, but we ran into a "The encoder forgot to get the fonts T_T" two times.

I'm uploading it to the bots now ^_^ ETA of... 2 minutes.

O_O *goes to prep*

ANYWAYS... I still love the opening/ending. Have singles been announced?
Old 2007-01-23, 20:50   Link #50
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKaizer
We would've had it done ages ago, but we ran into a "The encoder forgot to get the fonts T_T" two times.

I'm uploading it to the bots now ^_^ ETA of... 2 minutes.

O_O *goes to prep*
Muchos thanx dude . Was waiting for the first ep for almost 2 weeks

Quote:
ANYWAYS... I still love the opening/ending. Have singles been announced?
OP : HEART☆BEAT by MARIA

ED : Sakura uta (桜唄) by RYTHEM

If you are talking about single release dates singles enquire with the wise one Monir
Old 2007-01-23, 21:02   Link #51
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Do you think in a future there would be a film adaptation to the Deltora series?

From what I read Rodda was approached by some film studios before she instead chose to agree for an anime adaptation.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 21:36   Link #52
Taylor--
!

Just watched the first episode subbed and I enjoyed it.
Hoping that the show will have some nice action, which looks like we won't find out if it does or not till next episode. Rather predictable premise, but I'm sure there's a few twists here and there despite it's target audience :P
Taylor-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 22:20   Link #53
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Quote:
Muchos thanx dude . Was waiting for the first ep for almost 2 weeks
Well, hope you enjoy it ^_^
Quote:
OP : HEART☆BEAT by MARIA

ED : Sakura uta (桜唄) by RYTHEM

If you are talking about single release dates singles enquire with the wise one Monir
Yeah, I mean release dates. I know the songs <3

And I quite love them <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Do you think in a future there would be a film adaptation to the Deltora series?

From what I read Rodda was approached by some film studios before she instead chose to agree for an anime adaptation.
I think too much would have to be cut to make a decent lengthed film, and she doesn't appear to want her story changed at all =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor-- View Post
Just watched the first episode subbed and I enjoyed it.
Hoping that the show will have some nice action, which looks like we won't find out if it does or not till next episode. Rather predictable premise, but I'm sure there's a few twists here and there despite it's target audience :P
Glad you enjoyed it ^_^
Old 2007-01-24, 21:17   Link #54
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

This title has got me hooked up and revived my interest again for the genre of epic fantasy tales.

The CGI visual were impressive, and the familiarity with medieval atmosphere made to adjust myself to the settings.

It was like watching Lord of the Rings but brought into animation.

Too bad that Eragon, another series of epic fantasy novels, was never intended to be adapted into animation, the film royally sucked.

The OP song, HEART*BEAT, by MARIA is a sensational example of J-POP rock. I think brings me memories to the late 90's to early 2000's anime.

The ED song, Sakura Uta, by Rythem compliments well the mystical setting of the Deltora's World with its soothing pace.

I do find the shadowing in the animation very stylized and neat. The colors are quite more or less OK, but I'm glad the faces of the characters were drawn smoothly IMO.

This title has me aroused my curiosity to seek, purchase, and start reading the Book.

From what I searched in Wiki, Rodda wrote three books which are the Deltora series comprised of Deltora Quest- part one, Deltora Shadowlands- part two, and Deltora Dragons- part three.

Did Rodda gave permission to adapt all fifteen books or only the first eight, which comprise Deltora Quest, into anime?

I read that the anime is intended little over 50 episodes for production.

I also read a second reason why Rodda chose her book to be adapted into the anime medium was because she and her children are fans of Japanese anime.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 22:05   Link #55
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

A few friends of mine were talking about how much would be covered. Apparently, if they only did the first 8 books (Deltora Quest), then there would be almost no way to get a 52ish episode series.

And since she doesn't want her storyline changed, that means there probably won't be much filler... so I guess they'll have to do the later parts.
Old 2007-01-25, 11:13   Link #56
Ishe

Quote:
Give me a few hours and it'll be on AnimeSuki's main page =D

I've only watched through episode 1 so far, and it almost seemed... really obvious? I haven't read the books (though I plan on ordering them, once the series is partially done) but...
Spoiler:

Of course, I may be wrong, and it's just a red herring... maybe I should visit the library.
I know what you mean. I was thinking the same thing as I watched it.

[/spoiler]And his mother starts crying out of happiness that he accepted this quest/his role. Instead of begging him not to go and being afraid of him getting hurt.[spoiler]
Ishe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 13:23   Link #57
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
A few friends of mine were talking about how much would be covered. Apparently, if they only did the first 8 books (Deltora Quest), then there would be almost no way to get a 52ish episode series.

And since she doesn't want her storyline changed, that means there probably won't be much filler... so I guess they'll have to do the later parts.
so i guess we will be kinda expecting 3 seasons as there are 3 series right? ~ if they intend to stick with the full story then ending on one part of the series wont work ~ gonna be one hell of a long run

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 18:09   Link #58
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishe View Post
I know what you mean. I was thinking the same thing as I watched it.
That makes us three.

I watched the first episodes today and it wasn't all bad at all up to now except for the horrible CG dragons. The other animation was even refreshingly different. I'm curious to see the female lead and I only regret that the series will probably be chopped into mini-arcs.

But up to now it's the second best subbed January series after Nodame in my very humble opinion. But I wouldn't be surprised if Shojo Cosette or Hidamari Sketch will take that place soon.
Slice of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 18:19   Link #59
Ama no Kagaseo
Your local dark deity.

Send a message via MSN to Ama no Kagaseo Send a message via Yahoo to Ama no Kagaseo
Well, I know I wont be following this series after the first episode which I finally saw today. It really seems kind of 'low budget.' Which, while not always a bad thing, just kind of makes this series even worse when combined with it's fantasy mediocrity.

Honestly? I think what bothered me the most was the fact that the voice acting just didn't.. Do too well at all, in my opinion. I think something about Lief's laugh in the beginning just made my stomach churn.

It sounded like me when I'm mocking someone.

As another user pointed out, it might be visually appealing if it wasn't for the 3D effects. This effect has ruined so many anime for me it's just not funny at all. I just caught MAR on Cartoon Network, and although the dubbing is seriously awful it's an interesting concept. But good lord, poor character design combined with some 3D effects just ruined it for me.

Not only that, but all the characters just kind of look the same outside of young Lief. Square, extremely broad shoulders. Square faces, it's like a world of cube people.

As previously stated, I can see this anime relying on some standard low budget animation techniques which I thought would have finally died when Inu-Yasha stopped abusing it. Combat speed lines. I can see the characters in speed lines, and then a reaction shot of a 3D beast.

When it comes down to it, it's just really not my thing. Anyone who wants to watch it, go for it. I wont knock you.. It's just not MY kind of anime.

Last edited by Ama no Kagaseo; 2007-01-25 at 18:21. Reason: Typo fixing.
Ama no Kagaseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 08:53   Link #60
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ama no Kagaseo View Post
Well, I know I wont be following this series after the first episode which I finally saw today. It really seems kind of 'low budget.' Which, while not always a bad thing, just kind of makes this series even worse when combined with it's fantasy mediocrity.
Hmm, I don't think it's a problem of budget, it's more lacklustre design in places, which brings me neatly on to ep 4...

Spoiler for bargain basement giants and close harmony singing:

Last edited by Sonhex; 2007-01-28 at 09:06.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy