AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-02-04, 01:05   Link #5581
rxrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Take into consideration that he was about to be taken into the Nakajima family ...which include Subaru and Wendy xDU Tohma has probably seen and shared enough to have confidence around ladies. About the curtain probably was shamal's idea, and Tohma, despite being unfazed by the opposite sex is still a boy with good manners so i guess he's thinking on Lily and Isis's modesty rather than his own.
If that's the case, then the curtain really didn't do a good job as Lily somehow ends up sleeping with Touma. The scary thing is that the three of them didn't see anything wrong about it. Or is it because Touma and Lily have to sleep together to prevent the virus from going nuts again?
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 01:06   Link #5582
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

If there's one thing Tsuzuki likes, it's that he doesn't write his characters with their heads inside their pants unless they were dragged by the girls into the hotsprings.

This of course means that we don't get the cringe-worthy harem moments of stupidity/sudden awareness of sexuality, with the exception of Yuuno in S1, but we've learned that by A's manga, he's fine with bathing with Nanoha in ferret form.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 01:16   Link #5583
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
with the exception of Yuuno in S1, but we've learned that by A's manga, he's fine with bathing with Nanoha in ferret form.
Hahaha xD! reminds me of the scene were Nanoha discovers taht Yuuno is a boy and immediately quivers in embarrassement xD(I remember laughing very hard at that scene xD).

Well, about Tohma he seems to be pretty cool with his sexuality. And we can't really blame him. The kid experienced the death of his familly and known people during the destruction of his hometown, survived in the wild for a couple of years with a knife by himself, was taken into a family of loving young girls and finally infected with a virus that put him in the struggle of becoming a mass murdering monster. Sexual awareness will be the last of his worries xDU.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 01:53   Link #5584
Justin_Brett

A struggle that largely ended after the first two times it happened.

Wait, couple years? I thought it was a few days?
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 01:57   Link #5585
rxrx

I can't remember well too, but I think it is a few months before he meet Subaru, so the kid did survive with just a knife for a few months. If he wants, he can get dangerous and he has not forgotten about revenge entirely yet.
Old 2012-02-04, 02:02   Link #5586
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Still a few months for a little child alone in the wild with only a knife is pretty hardcore. People that get through that sort of experience is usually more focused on the important stuff rather than thinking in chicks xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-02-04, 02:03   Link #5587
Justin_Brett

Apparently it can go on the back-burner for however long, though.
Old 2012-02-04, 04:02   Link #5588
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

Given the right person, the right mind, and the right circumstances, I can tell you it most definitely can.

Arcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 04:18   Link #5589
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I never understood why a boy and a girl in the same room must automatically lead to awkward and/or romantic situations.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 07:00   Link #5590
rxrx

Maybe cause some have been poisoned by too many anime and manga. Of course in reality, nothing will happen even if a guy and a girl share a same room and the same bed but since this is not reality, one might expect such events to happen for story telling purpose. I'm quite okay with Touma being cool with everything though.
Old 2012-02-04, 07:36   Link #5591
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

If anything, I bet he's had to be the one to impose some sense of modesty on that particular hypermanic household at times.

Arcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 08:53   Link #5592
Skane
Anime Snark

Kinda reminds me of Magikano, where a girl is trying to seduce a guy, only to find out that he has been desensitised to seduction due to the antics of his three maniacal sisters (one of which is trying to brainwash him into loving her romantically...)

Cheers.
Old 2012-02-04, 09:59   Link #5593
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I never understood why a boy and a girl in the same room must automatically lead to awkward and/or romantic situations.
It doesn't have to, but Japanese culture has it that an unrelated guy and a girl even living together is scandalous, let alone sleeping in the same room. Thus, played for laughs/romance in anime. Although that might be an attitude that is slowly changing.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 13:56   Link #5594
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
I find this amusing because back when the shippers came after me all the time they'd use the fact that Nanoha and Fate share a bed as proof that they were in a sexual relationship, saying "If it was a guy and a girl sharing a bed you wouldn't think twice!"

And now here we are, with a guy and a girl sharing a bed but there not being anything sexual about it.

Yes, such a situation doesn't have to lead to awkwardness. There are many possible explainations. Maybe Thoma doesn't consider Lily in that way. Maybe Lily just sleptwalked into his bed and neither of them realised it before Isis flung them off.
Old 2012-02-04, 14:01   Link #5595
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Lily seems to be innocent(or aelf-aware) enough to don't mind about that, coupled with Tohma's hardship earned maturity could explain pretty well why they're just fine with that. Isis is probably the only one who "see" things xDU.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-02-04, 14:07   Link #5596
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The only ones who seemed to have any ideas about Touma and Lily sharing a room were Teana and Wendi... while Subaru was clueless as to why they were reacting to that knowledge.
Old 2012-02-04, 14:12   Link #5597
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

That's what i meant. The only suspicions and double entederes came from outside sources but Tohma and Lily are perfectly ok with that xD

A bit unusual for anime/manga but very refreshing. I'm also quite tired of the endless innuendos and fanservice cliches xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-02-04, 15:09   Link #5598
LostSome

We don`t know for how long Thoma was on his own...
The accident/massacre was seven years before Force.
The meeting with Subaru was after after she joined the Rescue Team.
About a year, I think... We saw him training in the winter and it looks like the meeting with Subaru was in summer.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 18:06   Link #5599
Justin_Brett

A whole year out in the wilderness as a little kid, and they skip over it that quickly? That's a damn shame.
Old 2012-02-04, 18:09   Link #5600
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

What would having several chapters of Thoma knifing trees and scrounging food add to the story that the fashbacks didn't already tell us?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga, nanoha force