Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2012-02-02, 05:20   Link #201
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

1st Berserk Film Inspires Guts Steak, Other Dishes
Old 2012-02-02, 05:29   Link #202
Vicious108

I bet Caska would love to have some of Griffith's white pasta.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 23:18   Link #203
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Review of Berserk Golden Age Arc I: Egg of the Supreme Ruler on ANN
Old 2012-02-08, 01:29   Link #204
SSJBeastmode

damn, so the animation is the only thing really wrong with the movie. Maybe they fix it up a little bit for the next one, but it is due in June so they probably can't do much.
SSJBeastmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 06:52   Link #205
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Nah they cant fix anything. Only thing we can hope for is that the 2nd movie has less CG. What I don't understand is, do directors and animators really think that the CG looks good? How can Directors possible let that shit in a movie.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 07:54   Link #206
Lovin

I saw the clip for the first 10 minutes of the movie::
Berserk:: first 10 minutes of movie

As said before by others, the only problem i can see is with the CGI, i much prefered it to be drawn out like the anime was, I felt it was easier to determine the emotion and not only that it looked tons better in my opinion. The characters dont look nearly as badass as they did in the manga and anime series especially guts, and in my opinion it seems to lack emotion. There's another clip where guts and caska are having an argument and the way in which guts character in portrayed leaves him seeming blank and just doesnt do the anime or manga justice.
However i'll still watch it, I want to see if it's true that they'll be following the manga to a T. Just hope they dont tone down the explicit scenes that add to the character development and darkness of the storyline.
Since it's got warner bros name on it i'm a little concerned that they'll try to make it more for the general public instead of sticking to the dark story. For example the ending of the anime. Very explicit and really can't be cut out, but will they include the rape scenes and the sex scenes that add to the darkness of the story?
I have my doubts but it'll be interesting to see what they do.
Old 2012-02-12, 11:40   Link #207
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Rape scenes will prob push this title over the ratings that would make it more profitable overseas so those will prob be toned down a bit imo. No one cares about physical violence. (I mention overseas because this doesn't look like something that's going to do well in the box office in Japan. Not Ghibli, One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Precure, K-On, Haruhi, moe...)

I liked the 10 min clip.
Old 2012-02-12, 17:20   Link #208
Lovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Rape scenes will prob push this title over the ratings that would make it more profitable overseas so those will prob be toned down a bit imo. No one cares about physical violence. (I mention overseas because this doesn't look like something that's going to do well in the box office in Japan. Not Ghibli, One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Precure, K-On, Haruhi, moe...)

I liked the 10 min clip.
Glad you liked it. Although im not too sure what you meant. They'll tone it down because it wont do well in japan box office but will do overseas? Surely thats a reason to keep everything that was in the manga in the movie?
If iv understood what you wrote that is. Feel free to correct me
Old 2012-02-16, 07:00   Link #209
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

This song.....is just beautiful.
Old 2012-02-16, 08:29   Link #210
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

If there's one thing about these movies nobody will ever complain about, it's the OST. You can't go wrong with Susumu Hirasawa.
Old 2012-02-16, 23:04   Link #211
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

they choosed cgi most likely for the huge battles beetwen armies, and they had to stuck with it for consistency.
Old 2012-02-17, 09:15   Link #212
Lovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
they choosed cgi most likely for the huge battles beetwen armies, and they had to stuck with it for consistency.
But there are other films such as Karas that do CGI and hand drawn and they work out quite well. I dunno woulda prefered it all drawn tbh. But we shall see once the movie comes out in europe and america
Old 2012-02-21, 07:34   Link #213
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Fighting with Swords and Shields Isn’t Berserk, It’s Awesome

It's good to know the films had the help of a professional on how people fought in the Middle Ages.
Old 2012-02-21, 07:38   Link #214
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
That's funny because going by the people who have seen the film, their main complaint is the inconsistency of the CGI.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 01:32   Link #215
OliverTwist

Just watched this today. The CGI was pretty terrible in places and I don't see why they went with it really. Judging by this one I don't believe it'll be toned down much at all though which is good.

Watching this just makes me want to go back and watch the series rather then wait for the other two movies.
OliverTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 05:38   Link #216
Lumir

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverTwist View Post
Just watched this today. The CGI was pretty terrible in places and I don't see why they went with it really. Judging by this one I don't believe it'll be toned down much at all though which is good.

Watching this just makes me want to go back and watch the series rather then wait for the other two movies.
I didnt mind the CGI so much, though having seen the anime series I can see how it could seem out of place. I also got the same feeling of the true brutality of war killing ect, though rushed in order to fit the time restrictions.

TBH I felt the same way about just re-watching the anime series. This movie trilogy is nice but no where near the anime. But thats to be expected as there is so much more time and content to develop with a anime series (and that classic sound track the anime presented).

I kind of wonder what my opinion would be if I hadnt seen the anime. This movie would probably have seemed quite puzzling and I would feel full of questions, ultimately I would just watch the anime series. I wonder if thats the goal of the producers.
Old 2012-06-04, 19:52   Link #217
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

A lot of people not liking the cgi but I was a little too dazzled by some of the fleshed out architecture shots to notice. Those were amazingly beautiful large scale shots of the battlefields with castles and fortresses looming in the background.
Old 2012-06-05, 00:15   Link #218
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

I can't wait till october for the second part of the movie I'm looking forward on watching the 100-man massacre scene... this is going to be bloody great >=D
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 15:16   Link #219
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Honestly , CGI was fine , i don't mind it as long as Berserk is finally back !! Guts/Casca/Griffith !
Looking at the "OP" it seems that they'll continue further than the anime tv version. Great !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 16:46   Link #220
Eragon
Still Alive

Hope the CGI will be better than this. Because I felt like there was something missing. But I'm just happy that I get to see more Berserk One more thing, Guts's sword is too SMALL

Man its been a while since I watched the series but Griffiths face still sends chills down my spine - his detailed blue eyes don't help either.

Tags
action, berserk, seinen